Awoo.

Sonictrainer

6 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Likely more to do with the series' legacy + 3DS' popularity as to why it did so well sales-wise.

That might explain why they decided to stick with the Sticker Star format if they assumed it'd sell.

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

That might explain why they decided to stick with the Sticker Star format if they assumed it'd sell.

"Japan loves it so the world does too!"

...Great mindset...

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

"Japan loves it so the world does too!"

...Great mindset...

:V

Ya know...getting this upset over a video game doesn't seem like a valuable use of your time.

5 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

:V

Ya know...getting this upset over a video game doesn't seem like a valuable use of your time.

Hmm... It's not so much upset as it is saying "typical" basically.

All of the cast are clones, nothing unique as was posted recently comparing the cast of past and present, heroes/villains are the same, not a single new character or enemy shown besides Bucket-Navi, then you've got "Splatoon was great so lets put it in this game!" going on. And again the game may be titled Paper Mario but making even the backgrounds look that "pop-up book" is ridiculous when in the past they didn't look like the paper world around you at all, it mixed paper with a realistic design.

To top this off, there aren't any sidekicks as I've stated. All this game does is push more of exactly the same out because, again, I'm assuming Miyamoto has his face in another crack where it isn't needed/wanted.

Perhaps the Sticker Star title was a success critic and sales wise in Japan, but the rest of the world only bought into it because they were clueless as to how devolved it really made the franchise and muddled up regarding its mechanics, and dulled down it was regarding plot and cast. This time it might be a success critic and sales wise in japan, but the rest of the world? I don't see them getting so lucky because of unsuspecting fans twice.

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

then you've got "Splatoon was great so lets put it in this game!" going on.

Splatoon didn't invent the concept of paint.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Splatoon didn't invent the concept of paint.

Are you really going to ignore the obvious links there...?

There is no link. Paint is a thing that exists. Multiple games are allowed to use it. It's only natural that a series with a paper theme comes to the idea of coloring things in eventually.

Even if there was a link what's the fucking harm?

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

There is no link. Paint is a thing that exists. Multiple games are allowed to use it. It's only natural that a series with a paper theme comes to the idea of coloring things in eventually.

Even if there was a link what's the fucking harm?

Because to me it's ridiculous pandering and/or shameless advertising.

How are they advertising Splatoon by having paint in a game. Or is Splatoon advertising Color Splash? The idea is such nonsense I can't even predict what direction you're trying to take it in.

12 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Because to me it's ridiculous pandering and/or shameless advertising.

There's enough actual flaws with the game as is. Why not talk about those instead of making some up

• Thumbs Up 7

Since when was the presence of paint, trademarked solely of Splatoon? Pandering my rear end.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

There's enough actual flaws with the game as is. Why not talk about those instead of making some up

I specifically said "to me" that's what it is, not factually that's what it is.

I find the games releasing too close together and the game play too relevant to one another to think otherwise.

In other words, it's flat out uncreative.

And lets not forget in both Sticker Star and Paper Jam the focus was ALREADY "save the toads that look exactly alike".

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I find the games releasing too close together and the game play too relevant to one another to think otherwise.

Don't;t you find it just the least bit, overly presumptuous to declare all that on games coming at least a year apart, and furthermore, judging on maybe just a minute or two look at Color Splash??

I mean this sort of stuff just screams looking for trouble.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Don't;t you find it just the least bit, overly presumptuous to declare all that on games coming at least a year apart, and furthermore, judging on maybe just a minute or two look at Color Splash??

Honestly? No I don't. Plus we've had plenty of paint based titles from/on Nintendo as it is, more than enough to justify calling this uncreative/old.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Honestly? No I don't. Plus we've had plenty of paint based titles from/on Nintendo as it is, more than enough to justify calling this uncreative/old.

..........dick-sad%28a%29.gif I'm gonna be honest; this is the first time I;ve ever met anyone so dogged to find cracks in the wood work that you're actually throwing shade at a company for releasing a game revolving around paint when all of the big three have done their fair share of it to begin with. Sony and Microsoft, yeah they've had a fair lot of games having t do with pain too, so what in your eyes makes Nintendo so special. I'm honestly just curious (perhaps too much for my own good at this point).

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

..........dick-sad%28a%29.gif I'm gonna be honest; this is the first time I;ve ever met anyone so dogged to find cracks in the wood work that you're actually throwing shade at a company for releasing a game revolving around paint when all of the big three have done their fair share of it to begin with. Sony and Microsoft, yeah they've had a fair lot of games having t do with pain too, so what in your eyes makes Nintendo so special. I'm honestly just curious (perhaps too much for my own good at this point).

Again, we've had paint based game play more than plenty, and with Splatoon just recently put out there I find paint coming back yet again unnecessary, if not ridiculous especially since I had hoped for something much more traditional, yet fresh from the newest Paper Mario installment along the lines of Thousand Year Door.

My thoughts are Nintendo found paint successful in Splatoon, then next thing you know BAM it's back in Paper Mario.

Higher expectations is not a flaw. Nor is desire for a more traditional experience that breathes uniqueness into the franchise and builds onto it altogether as Thousand Year Door did. This simply takes what has been done, thrusts it in a new location, with a different convoluted mechanic while simultaneously stripping out cast variety and most things that made Paper Mario the experience it once was.

The Solo-Sonic complaint? It also applies to Paper Mario here as well.

Nothing is original in what we've seen whatsoever save locations, and I expect better of that from the Paper Mario series.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Again, we've had paint based game play more than plenty, and with Splatoon just recently put out there I find paint coming back yet again unnecessary, if not ridiculous especially since I had hoped for something much more traditional, yet fresh from the newest Paper Mario installment along the lines of Thousand Year Door.

My thoughts are Nintendo found paint successful in Splatoon, then next thing you know BAM it's back in Paper Mario.

Nothing is original in what we've seen whatsoever save locations, and I expect better of that from the Paper Mario series.

I really don't see any evidence for this conclusion. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, GE U15C SAR 35-020 said:

I really don't see any evidence for this conclusion. 

That's my conclusion nonetheless. I'm not paragraphing every thought I have.

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

That's my conclusion nonetheless. I'm not paragraphing every thought I have.

Well, I don't think that "paint was there, now paint is here, obvious link" is really much of a basis for this idea you have. I honestly don't get how you think that they are connected just through that, and you seem to treat the idea like it's something that everyone notices and agrees with when really it's only you saying it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, GE U15C SAR 35-020 said:

Well, I don't think that "paint was there, now paint is here, obvious link" is really much of a basis for this idea you have. I honestly don't get how you think that they are connected just through that, and you seem to treat the idea like it's something that everyone notices and agrees with when really it's only you saying it. 

Well, interpret my thoughts how you will.

The use of the Paint Mechanic in this game is more similar to Epic Mickey and Kirby's Rainbow Curse than it is Splatoon.

Where you're adding color back to things, rather than splashing color everywhere to win a competition with the most percentage of an area covered in your color...as well as using that paint to travel all stealth like.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, StaticMania said:

The use of the Paint Mechanic in this game is more similar to Epic Mickey and Kirby's Rainbow Curse than it is Splatoon.

Where you're adding color back to things, rather than splashing color everywhere to win a competition with the most percentage of an area covered in your color...as well as using that paint to travel all stealth like.

Hmm... Yeah, that's a much better comparison.

Backs up my own "unoriginal" argument in the process.

14 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Well, interpret my thoughts how you will.

I'm not saying it to be inherently rude or something, but that's how some of your posts come off on me. Like above when Dio brings up the flaw in your post, the only thing you bring up is:

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

Are you really going to ignore the obvious links there...?

Like, you have to bring up actual points to back up what you are saying, not just "you're just ignoring it? The """"obvious""""" link?". You just say it so over-confidently, like it's so apparent that you would have to ignore it to refute it. You need to realize that you're claim really isn't as apparent as you think it is to everyone else. 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, GE U15C SAR 35-020 said:

I'm not saying it to be inherently rude or something, but that's how some of your posts come off on me. Like above when Dio brings up the flaw in your post, the only thing you bring up is:

Like, you have to bring up actual points to back up what you are saying, not just "you're just ignoring it? The """"obvious""""" link?". You just say it so over-confidently, like it's so apparent that you would have to ignore it to refute it. You need to realize that you're claim really isn't as apparent as you think it is to everyone else. 

You're analyzing way too deeply into what I think of others opinions. I state my own, nothing more nothing less. I don't expect to be heralded as the number one guy who has to have everyone's collective agreements. The only thing I can say is I apologize if I come off in that manner, but that's not my intention at heart, it's simply how I post.

10 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Backs up my own "unoriginal" argument in the process.

Not really,  seeing how it contradicts your original rationale of the games coming out close in release date to warrant such unfounded assertions in the first place. 

• Thumbs Up 3