Awoo.

Sonictrainer

Can you fall in love with a concept?

Because I'm all mushy for Classic-gameplay Kirby in a mecha.

No Power Painwhazzit or Epic Yaddayadda, mechas are the way to go! 

Game looks pretty gpod. Mech Suit is cool. PAL name will probably be something like "Kirby: Power Robot Suit" >_>

When I first saw the amiibos, I thought, "Hey, that's decent amiibo support!". Then they showed the Kirby amiibo line and ruined it with exclusive powers -_-

• Thumbs Up 3

You don't even KNOW how much I love this

Triple Deluxe was great, and this is looking like that +1 in almost every way

They even doing a sequel of sorts to Kirby Fighters and you'll be fighting against larger enemies and possibly previous bosses?

Sign me the hell UP.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kirby with mechs... count me in!

Kirby amiibo series... count me double in!

• Thumbs Up 1

When I first saw Kirby jumping into a mech I immediately compared it to Megaman X since it also has giant mech gameplay, to the point the two robot suits look similar. I'm not saying this as a bad thing since it was fun in X and here Kirby is wrecking shit with it and it looks awesome. Having it use powers too is another plus.

I'm really looking forward to playing a new Kirby adventure. 

• Thumbs Up 8

This game looks so fucking fun. Kirby is always fun as it is, but throw him in a mech, sure why not! Robots are awesome. LES DO IT KIRBY STYLE.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooh this game looks really interesting. I'm in and those amiibos man they look awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_mugt4mrlEo1r0ralmo1_500.gif

Kriby dun jacked X's Ride Armor, Thief!!

(Seriously look at the trailer it moves just like the Ride Armor)

• Thumbs Up 9

Every time I can't imagine the Kirby series coming up with another amazing concept, HAL Labs always proves me wrong.

First it was the whole super moves in Return To Dream Land, then it was the super inhale from Triple Deluxe, and now Kirby fighting an army of robots in a mech that can also copy enemy abilities. Those guys have become masters of their craft. Hard to believe ten years ago we were getting uninspired snoozefests like Squeak Squad. Kirby has been on FIRE in recent years.

• Thumbs Up 3

If Squeak Squad was the only bland game between 2003 and 2010, I really don't think that Kirby has been doing that badly overall. 

It's been doing near consistently decent games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks absolutely excellent.  The Kirby mech also being able to copy powers pushed the concept into the realms of brilliance.  Mechanical themes are relatively underutilised in Kirby, to my knowledge, so this is a good chance to give pretty much everything a new look, judging from the mechanically-enhanced regular foes in the trailer.  Definitely the highlight of the Direct; in fact, this is the sort of thing people watch Nintendo Directs for, top-quality franchise titles being announced completely out of the blue mere months before release.

Ever since (IMO) Epic Yarn they managed to add or put a spin on the formula that makes each adventure enjoyable without breaking the base too far. This is looking to be one of those times. I'm more happy that from RtDL, Triole Deluxe and now this it's the triple header of Kirby excellence. 

Since it's also the norm at this point, what tracks you think will come back to get the traditional remix? I'm hoping that Moonlight Blossom gets in for sure, it was pleasantly surprising to get CROWNED in Rainbow Curse. I'm also kinda thinking we may get Canvas Curse and overall more Triple Deluxe rep for this. It's a near no brainier were gonna get some classic Dream Land 1-3 musical rep, but it would be a little great to hear some tunes from Tilt and Rumble, Avalanche and Pinball.

So we've got some new details through Nintendo's website. Among the confirmed new copy abilities (so far being Doctor, ESP (psychic powers!), and Poison), the Smash Bros.-based copy ability from Amazing Mirror is coming back! Also there's a Meta Knight mode ala Nightmare in Dream Land. Good stuff.

Oh and the bad guys are apparently called the Haltmann Works Company and they want to mechanize the world for whatever reason. [insert Sonic joke here]

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm disappointed that this isn't on the Wii U and the UFO is locked behind an amiibo. Rainbow Curse was actually a pretty massive disappointment for me (and Canvas Curse is one of my favorite Kirby games), so it's a shame that that's looking to be the only Wii U Kirby game.

Otherwise, I'll be sure to buy this. Triple Deluxe was a good game, and I thought it was even better than Return to Dream Land due to its tighter level design.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Celestia said:

So we've got some new details through Nintendo's website. Among the confirmed new copy abilities (so far being Doctor, ESP (psychic powers!), and Poison), the Smash Bros.-based copy ability from Amazing Mirror is coming back! Also there's a Meta Knight mode ala Nightmare in Dream Land. Good stuff.

Oh and the bad guys are apparently called the Haltmann Works Company and they want to mechanize the world for whatever reason. [insert Sonic joke here]

Plus we got some new pictures:

Kirby-Planet-Robobot_2016_03-03-16_002.jKirby-Planet-Robobot_2016_03-03-16_001.jKirby-Planet-Robobot_2016_03-03-16_003.jKirby-Planet-Robobot_2016_03-03-16_004.jKirby-Planet-Robobot_2016_03-03-16_005.jKirby-Planet-Robobot_2016_03-03-16_006.jKirby-Planet-Robobot_2016_03-03-16_007.j

Kirby-Planet-Robobot_2016_03-03-16_010.j

Move over Dr. Mario, there's a new Doctor Kirby is in town!

• Thumbs Up 6