Awoo.

Sonictrainer

The next evolution in Whispy Woods? Returning Smash ability along with the new Doctor, ESP and Poison Kirby? A full 3D sub game? Meta Nightmare 2: Electric Boogaloo? Everyone's favorite The Arena (and likely True Arena)? AND the aforementioned Team Kirby SmashOoooh it's like they want me to pelt money at their game now. This is sounding better and better.

I will not be surprised if a robot Kracko appears once again, this time built by the HWC.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm loving what we're seeing so far. Sure, the fact that I'm a mecha nut helps, but, best of all, it's on the 3DS once again. I'd hated to miss another traditional Kirby game, since I really don't plan on buying a Wii U, and, well, since I'm not a fan of the series' more experimental games. I didn't like Canvas Curse, Mass Attack, even Epic Yarn left me with a bad taste in my mouth. But I digress.

The Amiibo line is all kinds of cute, and that Kirby on the Warp Star is perfect. Definetely gonna buy that one. 

Edit: I've just realized I've already posted on this topic. Meh, my bad!

A Poison Kirby!?

Let this be a sign for Pokemon Sun and Moon to give Poison types some more respect if Kirby is gonna be doing it,

Opening cutscenes been posted for anyone thats curious (haven't watched it myself yet since I wanna remain relatively fresh for this game when it comes out).

• Thumbs Up 5

GameXplain hand picked out the most fitting audio track for what takes place during that cutscene.

Danger has never sounded so serious.

• Thumbs Up 1

More pictures and videos from the Japanese Site:

Doctor Kirby in Action

copy_img1.png

Poison Kirby

Poison Kirby in Action

Some of the Robobot Armor's regular Abilities

switch_chara_beam.png

Beam Mode

Beam Mode in Action

switch_chara_fire.png

Fire Mode

Fire Mode in Actioin

switch_chara_sword.png

Sword Mode

Sword Mode in Action

• Thumbs Up 3

Kirby in a Mecha... I can dig it!

I really loved playing Kirby Triple Deluxe, and while at first I was a little disappointed that the game looked similar, seeing Kirby riding a robot (Which for some reason reminds me of the Lagann of Gurren Lagann fame) instantly sold me.

I love me some Kirby, so I'm definitely keeping an eye on this game.

So the comparison to MegaMan X is actually fitting, the basic movement for those mechs is exactly the same as the Ride Armors from those games. They do look cool though, I like that they aren't limited in attacks...they got combo attacks and stuff.

Poison seems to have certain moves from the Water Ability from RttD, hm. I do wanna say that throwing pills and that spin attack were references to Dr. Mario's attacks in Smash Bros.

• 2 weeks later...

3D Challenge is cool. I'd love to see them try and do a full 3D game.

This kind of reminds me of that cancelled GC game looks-wise.

6 hours ago, Marcello said:

This kind of reminds me of that cancelled GC game looks-wise.

To me it reminds me more of this:

11289_front.jpg

GameXplain showed 3 new videos of the English Version from Wondercon:

This one shows the Mini Boss "Invader Armor", where Kirby defeats the enemy to get the Robobot Armor, as well as run away from Clanky Woods.

This shows off the Robobot Armor Modes, including new footage of the "Bomb Mode" that can create walking bombs.

First Impressions

• 3 weeks later...

I never knew how badly I wanted to see kirby in a mech until I heard about this game. So excited that I bought It 3 months in advance:lol:

You guys. Im doing it, THE HYPE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION. Put In everyone else's name and then put in your own.

-tklh7tklh7tk

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I just realized Japan gets this game in a few weeks.

Uggghhhh, don't make me wait, Ninty. It looks soooo goood...

ESP Kirby is Ness.

So, uh, how about bringing back the other Earthbound reference. What was it called....oh yeah, Yo-yo.

And Animal. And Bubble. And Squeak Squad Magic.

Heck, bring back a lot of old Abilities. It's really annoying that a majority of the Copy Abilities here are taken from RtDL. You know, like Triple Deluxe.

I want to see Clean, but not terrible like it was in its original game.

8 hours ago, Eitarou said:

ESP Kirby is Ness.

So, uh, how about bringing back the other Earthbound reference. What was it called....oh yeah, Yo-yo.

And Animal. And Bubble. And Squeak Squad Magic.

Heck, bring back a lot of old Abilities. It's really annoying that a majority of the Copy Abilities here are taken from RtDL. You know, like Triple Deluxe.

I want to see Clean, but not terrible like it was in its original game.

This trailer only just revealed that they've brought back Leaf, every other Ability has been standard...nothing exclusively from RtDl.

So I suppose the ESP Kirby ability can also be unlocked with the Ness amiibo? Maybe Lucas too...

These new abilities look freaking sweet!

I'm avoiding trailers, any sign of Spear yet?  Ever since RtDL that's been my go-to "standard" ability when an area isn't designed with a particular one in mind, because it's just so satisfying to use.

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

I'm avoiding trailers, any sign of Spear yet?  Ever since RtDL that's been my go-to "standard" ability when an area isn't designed with a particular one in mind, because it's just so satisfying to use.

Just copying and pasting from NeoGAF, but these are the known powers so far:

Spoiler

Known powers are

• Beam
  • Crash
  • Cutter
  • Fire
  • Hammer
  • Ice
  • Mike
  • Parasol
  • Spark