Awoo.

Eggman's Robots

Chunky ninja

So, I've been thinking up a theory, but to back it up i need to do some research,  some research that is hard to find, my question is, has there ever been any indication about what kind of metal Eggmans robots are made of? Either in archie or the games or cartoons. I won't count OVA as Metal Robotnik only stated that his metal was a polimer (im terrible at spelling) alloy, which from my understanding as a mix of metal's. 

I'm not fully sure about the games or Archie, but I know in Sonic The Comic, certain badniks and robots built by Robotnik including Shortfuse were made with a fictional alloy called "Megatal". Sorry, that's all I can say. :/ 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chunky ninja said:

Ah thanks. Is there any way to understand how strong this metal is?

Megatal is portrayed to be nigh-indestructible (only Super Sonic could do any harm to it in normal conditions), and it's only weakness is being subject to extreme cold. Unfortunately, most metals become brittle when subject to very cold temperatures so I don't think it's really a very distinctive characteristic that will give you any clues as what it's made of. 

It's impressive how much Badniks Eggman can diss out in such a short amount of time, whether they be powered by animals or something else, can't help but be curious were he get's all the material from, kinda like how Team Rocket in the Pokemon Anime come out of nowhere with these mechanical contraptions, it can't be Giovanni giving them the stuff.

Metal Sonic and the other Sonic doppelganger bots in particular is made out of some kind of material more stronger than other badniks.

Perhaps  its possible that he created his own kind of metal and managed to mass produce it. It sounds farfeched but its an answer none the less

Maybe he uses copper(?) since you can pretty much recycle it into anything you want after it's use. Also most do conduct heat and electricity so you have that one. 

Im an idiot, so this is going to sound stupid. But can you even make copper robots? Wouldn't it be extremely weak?

6 minutes ago, Chunky ninja said:

Im an idiot, so this is going to sound stupid. But can you even make copper robots? Wouldn't it be extremely weak?

Either that or aluminum, metals fascinate me, so I am probably thinking too much into this. 

Dont worry about thinking too much about it. Quite honestly,  it'll be a big help. Aluminium sounds accurate for a robot 

I'm not going to pretend to know metals, but I will say, from a financial view, the mass production of cheaper, but weaker, robots may be something he's doing intentionally for his every day badniks. For the most part, they're probably expected to take on GUN and do normal tasks. Not really designed  to fight Sonic and dozens of other super powered creatures.

He may have updated his metals with the Egg Pawns in Heroes, seeing as they can take far more damage. But then, Sonic started boosting, rendering that null.  I think only his really top of the line soldiers (Metal Sonic, the E-Series) and his personal mechs get the really good, expensive metals.

With airships, large space stations, bases, and thousands of robots, research, personal expenses, he may very well choose a weaker metal for the common robot. since it's more affordable.

At the same time, real world sense into a high fantasy world, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well Eggmanland in Unleashed features large vats of what looks like molten metal so I imagine he has a large foundry there at least to make metal to construct his robots out of.

Unleashed also stated that the electrified shield's that some of the more rarely seen Egg Fighters use are made of an expensive, electrically-conductive alloy. Also, the Egg Fighters that have both shield's and chainsaws are a privileged few as few of Eggman's Egg Fighters have the horsepower to lift both at the same time as they are heavy. This would suggest that the metal Eggman uses is quite dense. 

Metal Sonic according to it's official specs in the Japanese Sonic CD manual states that it's outer armor is made of "Strength Enhanced Navy Blue Metal Tektite"

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Chunky ninja said:

Dont worry about thinking too much about it. Quite honestly,  it'll be a big help. Aluminium sounds accurate for a robot 

True since aluminium is often used for transportation, plus it is pretty sturdy. I do want to say that mixed with alloy it is often used to make military fighter planes but don't take my word for it. ;p

This might not help much, but Worlds Collide gave us a vague idea of what Badniks are made of. Whilst fighting Mega Man, Sonic remarked he was "much more solidly built than your average Badnik", and Mega Man is officially documented as being made of ceramic titanium alloy.

So, there. Badniks are made of a metal weaker than that. (In the comics, at least)

• Thumbs Up 1

So… How many Death Eggs does it take before the planet runs out of metal resource? Perhaps he even converts asteroids into metal? Or maybe there is a endless supply of it from the special zones and other multiple dimensions he can somehow tap into? So many questions about a nonsense fantasy world that will never be fulfilled  Nevertheless I can’t help myself from thinking about it all.

On a related subject. Does Eggman buy any of his materials? Or does he steal everything? Or does he create all the materials himself using various means such as sending bots to dig & mine for his metal?

Sonic Network has information about Metal's body, that's all I got. Then again, we all know "What's He's Made Of" ;p

Specifications

• Main CPU: LIPS AI Eggman Custom Chip. Located in the head, this processor contains three output links. The internal CPU contains a system that is capable of executing mathematical logical enactment and an simultaneous analog neuro-connection between all components.[4] In short, this allows Metal Sonic to react extremely quickly to certain situations.
  • Sub CPU: Neo Super DFX Chip, containing a five link system connecting to all major body components governs the power control system. A Next Risk Chip Series III, with eight basic loading ports in each eye unit, utilizes RGB imaging in the optical area.[4]
  • Frame: Monocoque titanium[4]
  • Color coating: Reinforced blue metal tektite[4]
  • Main engine: 250cc, 4-valve Orgon Fusion Engine[4]
    • Max power: 55ps/6800rpm[4]
    • Max torque: 7.54Kg-m/4000rpm[4]
  • Secondary engine: Tesla Power Coil which produces electricity through electro-magnetic induction.[4]
    • Max power: 256 Kw[4]
  • Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of that; I found this:

Titanium was used because of its strength, light weight, repairability, and most importantly, its ability to deform under severe impacts and remain functional unlike composites that break away to absorb impacts

It makes me think as to why Metal Sonic can't be easily destroyed as say his badnicks or regular.... even in cutscenes, Sonic can easily rip through them with his spindash or kick attacks (Unleashed anyone?). I guess maybe the robots are made of weaker metals which makes me think maybe copper is a feasible option to consider. But then again aluminum can made molded into fighter jets when mixed with other metals so there's also that. 

In Archie Sonic issue #25, Metal Sonic states he's made of titanium steel alloy.

3 hours ago, Mikyeong said:

It makes me think as to why Metal Sonic can't be easily destroyed as say his badnicks or regular.... even in cutscenes, Sonic can easily rip through them with his spindash or kick attacks (Unleashed anyone?). I guess maybe the robots are made of weaker metals which makes me think maybe copper is a feasible option to consider. But then again aluminum can made molded into fighter jets when mixed with other metals so there's also that. 

Yeah, because it'd make no sense. If Eggman build Metal Sonic with a more resistant metal, shouldn't he do that with all the other robots? :P

The regular badnicks are destroyed with a single spindash in the games, even when using Tails. But this is in the games, I don't know how it works in the comics.

Ah, so Metal is made out of a type Titanium, similar to Mega Man and the Robot Master's, that would explain their high endurance.

I guess it's rare for eggy to come by that material cause he only seems to use it on Metal Sonic and possibly his Egg Mobile ,mechs.

14 hours ago, Liars said:

The regular badnicks are destroyed with a single spindash in the games, even when using Tails. But this is in the games, I don't know how it works in the comics.

It's the same in the comic's, Sonic and company have no problem destroying common Badniks, even Antoine's normal sword slices through them, the Egg Swats are a little more resistant through.

55 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Ah, so Metal is made out of a type Titanium, similar to Mega Man and the Robot Master's, that would explain their high endurance.

I guess it's rare for eggy to come by that material cause he only seems to use it on Metal Sonic and possibly his Egg Mobile ,mechs.

It's the same in the comic's, Sonic and company have no problem destroying common Badniks, even Antoine's normal sword slices through them, the Egg Swats are a little more resistant through.

Same also in Sonic Boom. For example, Tails can break a badnik with only his wrench and Sticks has done it with only her boomerang. So needless to say, in all universes, the robots aren't made out of the toughest materials. Well unless you can factor in the and speed, velocity and impact of which Sonic is going at to destroy those things. In Sonic Boom or even in Archie comics it makes it look like these things can be broken with a single karate chop. Some more resistant than others.

I am inclined to think that most are framed with an iron-nickel compound as those two often make good metal frames for machines or sturdy medals themselves. However I did see something else that caught my eye: tantalum. It's more commonly used with DVD players, computers and game systems. Most electronics. You see where I am getting at right? That the programming and insides of the robots themselves are made from those same properties. I think the robots and badniks themselves are made from more than one type of metal. It's more a series of them. Just weaker.

Oh and on a side note, I think the reason why Metal Sonic made made from a more special type of metal is because titanium alloy is very rare and expensive. In the real world, they are only used in the medical field, military spacecraft or aircraft or they are used for parts for expensive sports cars. Since Metal Sonic is the doctor's greatest and more prized creation..... it makes a lot of sense to use the more rare metal, especially one that is known for being extremely heat resistant, corrosion resistant and sturdy to where not even the fastest speeds can break through it.

/thinking too much

Eggman's a smart mechanic but his budgeting skills are crap. If he'd stop allocating his assetts to giant space stations and underground bases and instead focused on putting his finances towards better quality metals, maybe he could have an army that's not susceptible to hedgehog quills, jeez.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Vertekins said:

Well Eggmanland in Unleashed features large vats of what looks like molten metal so I imagine he has a large foundry there at least to make metal to construct his robots out of.

Unleashed also stated that the electrified shield's that some of the more rarely seen Egg Fighters use are made of an expensive, electrically-conductive alloy. Also, the Egg Fighters that have both shield's and chainsaws are a privileged few as few of Eggman's Egg Fighters have the horsepower to lift both at the same time as they are heavy. This would suggest that the metal Eggman uses is quite dense. 

Metal Sonic according to it's official specs in the Japanese Sonic CD manual states that it's outer armor is made of "Strength Enhanced Navy Blue Metal Tektite"

Molten metal indicates that he's casting them. Explains the rounded shape and why they're so flimsy. Casted iron tends to be brittle. He's mass producing them on the cheap.