Awoo.

Nelo-The product of Vanquish and Sonic's one night stand.

MegasonicZX

Do you like Twin stick shooters?

Do you like going really fast while making things explode with shoulder pew pew lasers?

Do you like vanquish (okay this ones a bit redundant considering the one above but still)?

Then you should probably (and by probably I mean DO IT NOW) back this cool looking and awesome game called Nelo on kickstarter

Nelo_BoxArt5_sm.jpg

Nelo is a third person, twin stick shooter hybrid that relies on quick reflexes, fast fingers and defeating legions of enemies while constantly being on the move. Now I know what your thinking "A twin stick shooter/third person shooter? How does that work" but its actually pretty simple, you just press a button to switch between the two views with the top down view offering better coverage of the battle field and the normal behind the back view giving you more verticality allowing you to jump/wall jump and give you view of enemies that might not be within range of the top down view. Heres gameplay footage to give you a better idea of how things work:

Another interesting mechanic with this game is that the score multiplier that you get from killing enemies in succession isn't just for raising those numbers in the top right but as it rises you can also use things like a shield to keep from getting hit by enemies when things start getting hectic or a radial blast that wipes out everything in your immediate vicinity allowing for some on the fly abilities that can help you to win it out in a tough fight. Later on in the game the devs have also said that there will be some spacecraft battles (and possible turrest sections) that look pretty star wars-esque which i'm pretty dang excited for if you ask me.

If all of this isn't enough to tickle your interest in the game, the devs do have a free pre-alpha demo on the kickstarter page (the game runs on unreal engine 4 so if you have a weak computer you might not be able to play it) so check that out if your interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magicandmirrors/nelo?ref=nav_search

Also, while they have said they're interested in getting this on PS4 and XONE someday its not promised at this point unless this really gets a lot of attention so try to spread the word if you can :)

• Thumbs Up 3

This got some heavy bullet hell-esque feel to it that, mixed with a third person shooter and its frantic like pace reminds me a lot of if Anarchy Reigns, Bayonetta and Devil May Cry all got mixed into one.

Needless to say, it got me a bit intrigued. The combat looks fluid enough but I assume if this backed it develops more with more types of guns and stuff. The gritty, green and brown aesthetics is a bit of a letdown but with the gameplay looking like that it's not all bad. Before I went into this thread I was expecting a anime-esque look to it visually hahaha

Was gonna ask how Sonic's one night stand fit into the equation but after seeing that guy run full speed, it wasn't hard to make the connection. Good game, would get if I had the means of doing so. Laptop's no strong enough to handle it.

On 3/7/2016 at 8:31 PM, MegasonicZX said:

Do you like Twin stick shooters?

Do you like going really fast while making things explode with shoulder pew pew lasers?

Do you like vanquish (okay this ones a bit redundant considering the one above but still)?

Then you should probably (and by probably I mean DO IT NOW) back this cool looking and awesome game called Nelo on kickstarter

Nelo_BoxArt5_sm.jpg

Nelo is a third person, twin stick shooter hybrid that relies on quick reflexes, fast fingers and defeating legions of enemies while constantly being on the move. Now I know what your thinking "A twin stick shooter/third person shooter? How does that work" but its actually pretty simple, you just press a button to switch between the two views with the top down view offering better coverage of the battle field and the normal behind the back view giving you more verticality allowing you to jump/wall jump and give you view of enemies that might not be within range of the top down view. Heres gameplay footage to give you a better idea of how things work:

Another interesting mechanic with this game is that the score multiplier that you get from killing enemies in succession isn't just for raising those numbers in the top right but as it rises you can also use things like a shield to keep from getting hit by enemies when things start getting hectic or a radial blast that wipes out everything in your immediate vicinity allowing for some on the fly abilities that can help you to win it out in a tough fight. Later on in the game the devs have also said that there will be some spacecraft battles (and possible turrest sections) that look pretty star wars-esque which i'm pretty dang excited for if you ask me.

If all of this isn't enough to tickle your interest in the game, the devs do have a free pre-alpha demo on the kickstarter page (the game runs on unreal engine 4 so if you have a weak computer you might not be able to play it) so check that out if your interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magicandmirrors/nelo?ref=nav_search

Also, while they have said they're interested in getting this on PS4 and XONE someday its not promised at this point unless this really gets a lot of attention so try to spread the word if you can :)

This looks like something worthy to keep my eye on. I'm always up for intense outer space action.

Oh man this looks freaking cool. Really does have a Platinum Games vibe to it, doesn't it? Interested to see how the Freiza tail is used if at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks, the game has reached its initial funding goal and is now at a little over 50 hours left until it ends. Anyone thats looking to back some money into this, make sure to do it before sunday.