Awoo.

Ducktales (2017)

Mando-Whirl-Wind

This series can't start fast enough!  Ducktales & Steven Universe will be the only things that keep me sane for the coming years & prevent me from becoming a real world Robotnik. XD

But seriously the show looks amazing.  You can tell the team put a lot of heart & effort into making it.

So at the show's SDCC panel, they showed a new reel of footage. In that footage was a short appearance by the terror that flaps in the night...the character reveal that is transparently obvious by use of language...yes...HE IS DARKWING DUCK. 

Between this and the IDW Sonic news...I'm on friggin' Cloud 9 right now. :D:D:D

I would not have seen this coming a mile away, but good for the Darkwing fans out there, I guess.

Never watched the show myself, but I've heard lots of good things.

I'm slowly but surely getting used to the voices, and generally every clip I see warms me up more and more to it. Cautiously optimistic for it!

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm loving these clips the more and more we're getting them. Really excited for the show. Anyone else hoping they also some story arcs and such in the show too (Similar to Gravity Falls and the occasional arcs they seem to be setting up with the history between Donald and Scrooge). 

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm loving these clips the more and more we're getting them. Really excited for the show. Anyone else hoping they also some story arcs and such in the show too (Similar to Gravity Falls and the occasional arcs they seem to be setting up with the history between Donald and Scrooge). 

I'm really hoping they show flashback adaptations of Scrooge's life story. Really, you can't get much more badass than this:

Spoiler

bIMZpnb.jpg

xkFk04N.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

The more things I see, the more excited for the series I get! Well, except for the fact that Darkwing is going to be in this one. I would've liked it if they kept him separate, but oh well. Maybe this is a test run to see how audiences react to a modernised Darkwing before they reboot that series too?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I'm really hoping they show flashback adaptations of Scrooge's life story. Really, you can't get much more badass than this:

Reveal hidden contents

bIMZpnb.jpg

xkFk04N.jpg

I agree about the badassness. It would be awesome but I'm not too certain whether or not this would fit in the tone of the rebooted Ducktales, at least in the original comics form.

Though it would be cool seeing scenes like this actually animated. :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

3SGDQS7.jpg

First look at DW! Looks like his costume remains mostly the same barring an added belt.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Spiderpool CC14 said:

3SGDQS7.jpg

First look at DW! Looks like his costume remains mostly the same barring an added belt.

I AM THE TERROR THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT

I AM THE COMIC BOOK REBOOT THAT RUINS YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTERS

I AM DARKWING DUCK

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Spiderpool CC14 said:

So at the show's SDCC panel, they showed a new reel of footage. In that footage was a short appearance by the terror that flaps in the night...the character reveal that is transparently obvious by use of language...yes...HE IS DARKWING DUCK. 

Between this and the IDW Sonic news...I'm on friggin' Cloud 9 right now. :D:D:D

Disney! Don't stop with these amazing announcements! Having Darkwing Duck make a comeback is something that's made me really happy! I'm loving the design too!

I'm not fond of the cast because I've grew with the pt-br dub (for obvious reasons), but the english cast is really good, and the comedy is on point thankfully. I'll surely check it out.

So who else is really hyped for this? I feel there should be a little more buzz given it's just over a week to the premiere.

Apparently the debut episode is going to be shown for a solid 24 hours straight. Which is great and all, but since I'm in the UK I doubt I'll be able to see it without employing some less-than-legal means. Either that or find a livestream.

• Nice Smile 1

12 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

So who else is really hyped for this? I feel there should be a little more buzz given it's just over a week to the premiere.

Apparently the debut episode is going to be shown for a solid 24 hours straight. Which is great and all, but since I'm in the UK I doubt I'll be able to see it without employing some less-than-legal means. Either that or find a livestream.

Prolly - considering the context of the forum - everyone's busy at the moment complaining something about anything related to Sonic, and since lots of things are going on, well... -_-

But yeah, I'd probably be more hyped if I knew where to watch it. I suppose it could pretty possibly end up getting in here at some point, but to it get out of paid channels to the commercial channels... ~10 years would be maybe a good approximation, maybe a year, maybe more, I'm not too certain.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the premiere. It was GREAT! Funny humor, likeable characters, references to Darkwing, Talespin, AND Goof Troop...

AND DAT ENDING.

The drink-spitting ending aside, I think that first episode is... okay. Best jokes were already in the trailers, I can't understand the single word Donald is saying and plots have some basic holes. They in a upside-down building, yet bridge is clearly not upside down. The first episode ends with Scrooge saying he wants trouble, in very next he keeps them out of trouble. And this show reeeeeeallly tries to be Gravity Falls. But it's not, not even close. Also, Scrooge seems strangely un-greedy if you ask me.

None of those things are dealbreakers, but they pile up into just  'okay' first impressions. I'll take "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" over it any day.

Now I'm going to spit some more drink on that ending.

I really enjoyed this premiere. The show has a lot of promise, and I like how much it respects Disney's older animated shows and comic book material alongside the original show and weaves them into the universe while still doing its own thing. The only bad thing... is that I have to wait another month for new episodes to air regularly.

Twas great. Also the references to goof Troop, Darkwing and Talespin are indeed all setups for the characters possibly appearing on the show the producers have confirmed that they have the okay to bring in any of the characters from those shows. Only when they can't is rescue rangers

Well, I've always thought Scrooge's definitive traits include tightwadness more than pure greediness, but well, this is just my personal opinion...

I enjoyed the premier as well.  I love all the ways it throws back to previous Disney IP's, including the original DuckTales, but also moves forward on its own.  The only real qualms I have is still the voice of the kids, but I'll get used to them.

For those of you who didn't know, Disney XD put up the premiere on their Youtube channel a couple of days ago.

I personally thought it was wonderful.  A lot of fun references, good jokes, and the characters here are all pretty on point and interesting when it comes to their relationships with each other.  Like, you can't understand what Donald says 90% of the time, but the emotion comes out pretty clear and you can tell he deeply cares for the safety and well-being of his nephews.  And seeing Scrooge gradually warm up to them throughout the premiere was thoroughly heartwarming.  I also dig the set-up for an overarching story too where we will learn a bit on how Scrooge and Donald became so estranged from each other over the years.

I'll be keeping an eye on this series for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1