Awoo.

Ducktales (2017)

Mando-Whirl-Wind

On 5/12/2018 at 9:04 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

Probably not much, since it's said to be a TV show within the show's universe.

Heh. Shows as early as Batman the Animated series have showcased many workarounds in that scenario. 

Who knows,  maybe they'll even do what MLP: FiM did in a similar case. 

• 2 months later...

Well hopefully Don Karnage's voice in the actual episode does him more justice. So far I'm missing Jim Cummings' performance enormously.

It could just be the quality but I'm not really hearing a Spanish-derived accent either. This seems particularly weird since his new voice actor is a native Spanish speaker and could probably do one.

Edit:

Clear audio at 0:56. ...doesn't look like there's an accent at all. Kind of disappointing, Karnage's accent is part of his charm IMO.

That's one of my problems with the new Ducktales, making the voice styles totally different from the first show without enormous rhyme or reason. I get some of the characterisations are quite different but they often seem only greatly such because the voices punctuating it.

It's a shame most of Disney's veteran voice actors don't return for much of their stuff besides their classic cartoons or Winnie the Pooh (and even in the latter they've fazed out Peter Cullen and Kath Soucie).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Character reveals for Season 2 from SDCC! Fethry Duck, John Rockerduck, Bubba Duck, Dijon, and the Three Caballeros are on the way!

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tailikku said:

anybody catch that reference at the end of today's episode?

You're talking about music from Ducktales game or something else?

BTW, since season is over my quick opinion: funny show, well plotted, tons of references in a funny way.... but it's way to similar to Gravity Falls. Every time I watch it, I compare can't help to compare it with Gravity Falls and think "I'm watching water-down GF with tons of Ducktales fan-service".

As for finale

Spoiler

It was exactly what I expected: Magica returning, powerful but as all magician weak to "break her wand or something". It was pretty good (Glomgold had one line and still was the funniest part of the episode", everyone get's together, Lena redeemed, quick reveal that Della is alive

... and on the moon? Only I find that strange? Moon is the first place to look for her, it's the biggest object on the nigh-sky. You would think that having so much free time she would write her name in the ground  with huge letters or something cartoony. I expected her to be sucked into vortex, kidnapped by aliens or something.

Lastly I wish "Magica De Spell is back" and "family reunion: business were separate episodes. That way Webby/Lena thing wouldn't be dealt so little focus.

(BTW, I totally called the Lena isn't a real duck. Magica kept saying "Do you think she would like you if she knew WHAT you are". What, not who.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

BTW, since season is over my quick opinion: funny show, well plotted, tons of references in a funny way.... but it's way to similar to Gravity Falls. Every time I watch it, I compare can't help to compare it with Gravity Falls and think "I'm watching water-down GF with tons of Ducktales fan-service".

As for finale

Hide contents

EIt was exactly what I expected: Magica returning, powerful but as all magician weak to "break her wand or something". It was pretty good (Glomgold had one line and still was the funniest part of the episode", everyone get's together, Lena redeemed, quick reveal that Della is alive

... and on the moon? Only I find that strange? Moon is the first place to look for her, it's the biggest object on the nigh-sky. You would think that having so much free time she would write her name in the ground  with huge letters or something cartoony. I expected her to be sucked into vortex, kidnapped by aliens or something.

Lastly I wish "Magica De Spell is back" and "family reunion: business were separate episodes. That way Webby/Lena thing wouldn't be dealt so little focus.

(BTW, I totally called the Lena isn't a real duck. Magica kept saying "Do you think she would like you if she knew WHAT you are". What, not who.

Spoiler

My theory is that Della was sent into a black hole, and finally left it, crashing on the moon.

Della seemingly hasn’t aged and she just now got a TV operational, which seems strange if she was there for a long time as she probably would’ve done that first. Doubled with the fact it’d be the first place Scrooge’s space fleet would’ve checked and it all implies Della ended up jumping multiple years.

I mean, one of the reasons for that could be

They just really wanted to have that little string of the Moon Stage theme in there. I can't believe it, but I actually had I "I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW/HEARD X" to that.

Oh, so people are talking about this again right when I was starting to have to lose track of it.

Nice.

On 7/23/2018 at 3:00 PM, Zorator CC14 said:

Character reveals for Season 2 from SDCC! Fethry Duck, John Rockerduck, Bubba Duck, Dijon, and the Three Caballeros are on the way!

Is that grey girl an existing character?

I thought Mark Beaks was created to take Rockerduck's place?

Can someone explain the Three Caballeros to me?

And what's with half the people on stage freakin out?

8 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

What’s this I’m hearing about a Kingdom Hearts nod?

Apple shortbread pie with a scoop of sea-salt ice cream

• Nice Smile 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Am I the only one who thought the last two episodes were kinda on the eh side?

On 8/19/2018 at 12:57 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

As for finale

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah, honestly, I thought we were about to get Ghostly Adventures up in this mug.

On 8/19/2018 at 11:47 PM, DabigRG said:

Can someone explain the Three Caballeros to me?

Hmm...

If you mean as characters, the concept was first used in some old animation if I recall it right.

José and Panchito have been used outside of that too, in the comics, (especially in Dutch(?) ones, but well everybody gets really used in those). Most notable comics mentions would probably go to Don Rosa again, these stories were golden and I actually learned what's the biggest rodent (alive) in the world. Though Rosa took some liberties, like with Josés... place in the society shall we say.

But the first one had Donald shushing the others continuously talking loudly about the old woman chases since Daisy was just behind the border... Kinda funny.

And that part they entertained the whole nightclub from the back of Panchito's horse was pretty awesome too. Boys always fearing for the worst.

Also, don't put chili peppers inside a car's fuel tank kids.

https://inducks.org/story.php?c=D+2000-002

https://inducks.org/story.php?c=D+2004-032

Long story short, they're Donalds friends, in a way. Kinda neat concept considering they all "originate" from different American countries and all.

Though I wonder if this'll cause noises...

But yeah, neat.

I'm still happy the old voices of Donald and Scrooge (at least) got into the show in here. At least that was the case with those first episodes I saw. Boys sound just... not for my tastes.

Jukka Rasila will always be the Donald Duck for me.

14 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Hmm...

If you mean as characters, the concept was first used in some old animation if I recall it right.

Basicallly José debuted first in Saludos Amigos in 1942 during the film's last segment "Aquarela do Brasil/Watercolors of Brazil" showing Donald around Rio de Janeiro, teaching him how to samba, and introducing him to cachaça, which is apparently a popular distilled booze in Brazil.

Panchito debuted in 1944 in The Three Caballeros, giving Donald a Christmas/birthday present in the form of a piñata and teaching him about Los Posadas, giving him and José a tour of Mexico on a magic sarape, inducing the longest and trippiest Disney Acid Sequence by far, and engaging in a bullfight with a bull made of firecrackers.  Although the highlight of the film (other than the DAS) was the actual Three Caballeros song, set to the tune of Ay Jalisco No Te Rajes, a folk song from the Mexican state of Jalisco and its capital city of Guadalajara, where the trio essentially become a Three Musketeer group within the Three Mouseketeers

Both of these films were part of the Good Neighbor Policy, which was part of Walt's idea to strengthen American ties to Latin America during WWII, as there was an embargo against American films and animation until 1949.  Walt saw Latin America as the perfect testing ground for his films while his team of animators toured Central and South America which José representing various exaggerations of Brazilian behaviors and customs and Panchito represents a few Mexican stereotypes that often invoke the image of Pancho Villa, including those two handguns of his.

For added authenticity for the two of the Three Caballeros, both were voiced in their debut appearance by natives of their respective countries, a practice that has since been referenced here and there for José but almost enforced for Panchito.  Looking at José, two of his voices are from the US (Stan Freberg and Rob Paulson), one from Canada (Eric Bauza), and at least two from Brazil (the most recent being Mark La Roya in one of the New Mickey Shorts).  On the other hand, all of Panchito's are from Mexico or of Latino heritage, with the most recent being Jamie Camille who also voiced Don Karnage in DuckTales.

• Nice Smile 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2018 at 4:14 AM, Tailikku said:

giving Donald a Christmas/birthday present in the form of a piñata

I do think I saw that piñata thing somewhere. It was pretty interesting alright. Though I do think piñatas are freaking dangerous even in real life, I just wonder how many times people have got hit instead of the piñatas...

Well, this explains a lot of things, kind of neat idea I think, thanks for the history. 😄 I do find the characters interesting after all.

I find many duck/mouse characters interesting, but anyway...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...