Awoo.

Ducktales (2017)

Mando-Whirl-Wind

Mrs. Beakley is here to clean house and kick ass.

And the house has been cleaned.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm loving that opening title and it's great to see a full one being used, something that doesn't come up often in cartoon nowadays. This gives me hope for this reboot! But Disney, playing the first episode for 24 hours straight? Way to overdo it!

That's freaking great. Seriously. I don't feel strongly about the reboot so far but the opening sequence and that cover are the two best things to come out of it yet. Also, I love that they kept the line "not pony tales or cottontails," it feels just as relevant now as it did back then hahaha

I quite like the opening.  It's a nice, little updated version of the original that stays true to its roots while still firmly establishing its own identity.  Basically, that's sort of the direction I hope the show goes in.  Of course, nothing is going to top the nostalgic and sentimental value of the original, so I'd like it if the show (as it so far looks like it has been) to go in its direction, while not being afraid to call back to its origin.   Can't wait to see more!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/17/2017 at 7:22 AM, SonicWind said:

More shorts are out:

The Launchpad short had me in stitches!

Aaaand the Beakly one isn't available where I'm at... What happens there?

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Fusion Force said:

The Launchpad short had me in stitches!

Aaaand the Beakly one isn't available where I'm at... What happens there?

The nephews and Webby run away from a ghost while Beakley is cleaning, then they run past her and the ghost tries to scare her, only for Beakley to casually change her vacuum cleaner to ghost catcher, sucked up the ghost, and then goes back to vacuuming. She doesn't say anything through the whole thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

So that new version of the theme is pretty great, right?

HOW ABOUT A FULL VERSION?!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/24/2017 at 8:02 AM, Hello Yello CC14 said:

So that new version of the theme is pretty great, right?

HOW ABOUT A FULL VERSION?!

That guitar riff tho!

• 2 weeks later...

^I think it could work with his temper being what it is; a bit easily-agitated. That is if they use that part of his persona in the series in question.

I'm just wondering about how much this version is taking ideas from Barks' stories, if I recall it right, there were some elements from his comic stories. If nothing else some of the characters (like Scrooge himself) were his creations after all...

And I suppose you all know about that already... ^_^

Whatever they'll do with Glomgold now considering his origins is something I'm interested in finding out about.

Well if anything, the Donald trailer confirms the Beagle Boys are back. Not sure they were shown in any real capacity until now. Also perfect characterization of Donald there, at least on the animated point. Not sure about Barks' stories, because unfortunately I've never read them! I really should get on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The art style is unique.  I like that!  I remember watching the original show during my early childhood.  I'm gonna give the new show a chance, for sure.

On ‎10‎.‎7‎.‎2017 at 3:36 AM, Conando said:

Not sure about Barks' stories, because unfortunately I've never read them! I really should get on it.

Yeah, I can recommend them to anybody interested enough, like "Back to the Klondike" which got censored since Barks was making content that made higher-ups have hiccups. Seems like at some point it was not okay to make Scrooge a badass, even when it was about Scrooge's younger days when he could fight against a whole barcrowd on his own. Or kidnapping a girl who tried to take his gold (with the help of drugs) from him. :D

While I'm on it, if someone's interested enough, try to check out Don Rosa's stuff too. He's kind of famous for making insane amounts of background research for his stories whenever they're about something more or less historical/legend-based stuff. He's actually the sole reason why I have known since my childhood T.R. was a president of the U.S. actually...  And that comic "memoir" of Scrooge.

That and whenever he visits here for signing his comics the lines should be measured in tens of meters more than just meters... ^_^ Maybe in hundreds even...

I like this reboot the more I see it.

David Tennant's take on Scrooge has grown on me so much. I love it!

Already this show has great promise.

Never watched the original (I was born too late), but this is definitely good enough for me.

Some little nuggets of info from D23. These include the fact that Duckworth has already been shown (Just that nobody has noticed him yet), Howard the Duck won't be making an appearance any time soon (LOL), several episodes will be directly inspired by episodes of the old show (Including "Double-O Duck"), and last but not least, MOFUGGIN' DARKWING DUCK WAS TEASED!!

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Spiderpool CC14 said:

New clip from D23!

I laughed more than I probably should have at Scrooge announcing a house meeting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Poor Donald was just enjoying himself like any duck should. Why call a housemeeting over one very spilled bathtub and very soaked bathroom? And I'm almost sure he was going to clean up his mess, right..? Still kind of good joke though.

Well, at least this won't turn into a "girl show" that easily anymore if the stuff is kept as something like they've already showed...

11 hours ago, Spiderpool CC14 said:

MOFUGGIN' DARKWING DUCK WAS TEASED!!

Now we're talking! This keeps just getting better! ^_^

5 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Now we're talking! This keeps just getting better! ^_^

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, totally getting better!  I look forward to a new Darkwing Duck more than a new DuckTales.

• Thumbs Up 1

... Okay, I'm sold.

That clip was adorable and David Tennant's Scrooge has won me over big in just those two minutes alone.  Definitely going to have to make this a staple of my DVR.

I'm sold as well and am really looking forward to the new series now! I'm loving Tennet's Scrooge so far!

If they ever bring back Darkwing Duck and hit a home run with that revival, I'll be so happy!