darkspire17

SONIC CD DVD PROJECT?

Hello guys.

since my membership was never confirmed on sonicretro.

I have decided to move back to TS, anyway what im here for is the sonic cd dvd project.

if u can remember it was released in 2009. it contained the highest quality and restored openings form sonic cd

all openings form the mega cd to gems upscaled and cleaned up. with perfect audio,

the torrent has been down for like 2 years now. im wondering if any of you had got it. and if you could possibly send me it?

sorry for my grammatical errors.

ORGINAL ARCHIVED FORUM POST circa 2009

https://web.archive.org/web/20090422154829/http://soniconthenet.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2700

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I actually have this, but I wouldn't know where to host it or even how to make a torrent file (and my internet sucks too bad for the latter to be viable).

possibly MEGA? or just put it up in parts?

I'll look into it. I can't do it today, but if I get around to it I'll let you know. I'd like to help out because I also remember having a really tough time finding and completing this torrent years ago.

Oh, yeah, if anybody else wants this then shoot me a PM. It's actually really amazing especially if you're as much of a fan of the Sonic CD animations as I am. You can choose to listen/watch any version of the opening ever made before the Taxman remakes (so that includes the low-quality PC version cutscenes and the altered Sonic Jam version of YCDA) and the artifacts are cleaned up a bunch.

I have been uploading a bit every so often but due to my connection, whose strength fluctuates whenever I'm up/downloading something, I don't know exactly when I'll be able to send it over yet; maybe today if I'm lucky, but most likely within the next couple of days. I've also been really busy with other matters offline lately, so I haven't had this on my mind for a while.

Yes, it's complete. It even contains the "codec additions" that were in the original download - some ancient video codecs for Windows that might not even run anymore today. They were used to decode some of the source videos, but aren't necessary for playing the DVD, of course.

The DVD image could have been a bit smaller. For some reason, TheBuilder used separate copies for the opening and ending videos with Japanese and US soundtrack, rather than store the videos once with multiple audio tracks. Anyway, thanks to the power of 7zip compression, I was able to reduce the size to 3.41 GiB (otherwise I'd still be waiting for the upload to finish).

Here's a new download link:

https://mega.nz/#!dkpxiJSA!PuuKkkXknsfhUeODsO3-dgKzqOvTe4aoWqLB_45J1f8 3.56GB (3.31GiB) RAR5

(If you cannot open it, you need to update your WinRAR or 7zip)

It's kinda sad that this file has mostly disappeared from the internet, since it was really cool and a lot of work was clearly put into it. Sure, nowadays we have the Steam release, but still.. Like Korama's link, this also includes the codec files from the original download (which also has a player that the files say is required for playing the Sonic Jam extracted files that are on the disc, though nowadays, VLC can play it too :P).