Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Chase: 3DS detective adventure game by ex-CiNG (Hotel Dusk, Another Code/Trace Memory) staff

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/253874-adventure-game-chase-revealed-developed-by-ex-cing-staff

CiNG was an indie developer who put out a small number of well-praised adventure games for the Wii and DS. You probably know them best as the guys responsible for Hotel Dusk and its Japan/Europe-only sequel, Last Window. Unfortunately they bit the dust back in 2010, but it looks like we're finally getting another Kyle Hyde-esque game after all these years.

Official website is here. Not much to see at the moment other than two character designs and a BGM.

The dude is straight up Kyle Hyde with black hair lol

Really cool that they're making this. Hope this gets a European release.

Screenshots, I assume:
VfYbIFo.jpgdDwczr1.jpg

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201603110050/

Teaser site text translation:

"Was it an accident? Or was it something more...?"
With a single phone call, an ancient case once again begins to move.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196203

Manna from heaven.  I am truly glad that some of the CiNG developers were able to get back together, as I enjoyed every one of their games that I played.  Although I'm probably slightly unusual in preferring Another Code: Two Memories ("Trace Memory" was the American title), partly as we haven't really had anything quite like it since - a low-key, quiet and lonely adventure.

It'd better mean West West!  I mean, heck, it's an eShop game anyway, and getting digital releases in Europe has become quite a bit easier recently.

Edit: Alright, dialing back emotion and thinking about this rationally.  Aksys also got us Zero Time Dilemma in Europe, which I'd have assumed was a harder sell, as it was a physical release in all other regions.  I think they're also handling Corpse Party 3DS?  If we hear later that that's getting an EU release, it'll bode well for Chase, too.

Furthermore!  There's a good argument that a title like this might do better in Europe, or at least, that the developers might think it would do better: The sequel to Hotel Dusk was only released in Europe, and not in America.  That suggests that they had their eyes on Europe at the time and that Hotel Dusk probably sold better here.