Awoo.

Knuckles - gloves = ???

Chooch

Wow, this reminds me of pholsophy. If you don't see it, then does that mean it's not there?

Anyway, I'm sure Knuckles has fingers, just as I'm sure Sonic has feet under those shoes.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rusty Spy

• Diogenes

• Barry the Nomad

• Blacklightning

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I'm sure Knuckles has fingers, just as I'm sure Sonic has feet under those shoes.
Feet yes, but not toes. Which is an interesting point...Tikal doesn't have toes, there's SA art showing Amy and Tails with no toes, and Sonic X follows the same style. So we've got digitless feet for several members of the cast, possibly all of them, so why would (almost) digitless hands be so weird?

Knuckles's spikes actually broke off? Holy crap.

They grew back instantly in the next scene. =p

Feet yes, but not toes. Which is an interesting point...Tikal doesn't have toes, there's SA art showing Amy and Tails with no toes, and Sonic X follows the same style. So we've got digitless feet for several members of the cast, possibly all of them, so why would (almost) digitless hands be so weird?

Big is also wearing sandals, so he has no toes either.

Edited by Toby Barrett

It's crazy that one of the three pieces of original comic art that I own had an answer to this question (albeit an Archie comic universe answer). While Archie isn't canon in the game storyline, I always assumed this is what was under Knuckles glove (ignore the silly "dad doesn't have knuckles" part):

60832246.jpg

A Sonic character, taking off their gloves!?!?!

ScannersExplodingHead.gif

[/randomness]

That's actually pretty cool, minus the whole genetically enhanced mutated offspring part.

I always assumed Sonic characters had toes like our good ol' friend Ricky:

ricky.png

@VirgoTheCougar: yeah, it was a pretty huge deal back in the day. I'm glad I bought the original page :) for $25, I believe. Manny Galan was my fave Sonic penciler as well.

I always thought Sonic characters with toes looked weird from the very start on Sonic characters (back in STC fanart), so when the Adventure/X artwork came about I was happy to see my toeless Sonic characters frolicking about in all their canonicity. Darkspine Sonic is another example, incidentally.

With regards to Flicky and friends having toes, it makes sense if we assume that the anthro characters are simply more evolved. Toes are slowly dissapearing off humans due to their uselessness, it seems Sonic characters beat us to it, lol.

My personal view of Knuckles... I imagined it being the case in that comic scan someone posted up there, but yeah, minus the mutant stuff. I assumed it was a natural thing only he had (although Pachamac's tribe and the Nocturnus confuzzle me a bit - frankly I'm not considering Chronicles canon until it gets a sequel and the story is completed though).

I think that he has fingers and the spikes are a part of his body, referring him as a purebred echinda.

I always assumed Sonic characters had toes like our good ol' friend Ricky:

ricky.png

Why hello there, Japanese Male Sally! :lol:

I'm kind of amused that part of Knuckles being an important savior is BIG COOL CLAWS. :lol:

I'm not quite sure. Looking at Sonic X, yes it does seem that the spikes are a part of him, bone "spikes" potruding from his fists. But then there's some of the CG art for the games, and they don't seem to stick out, they just look like they're part of the glove. O_o

White "bone" spikes seems a tad strange too. I always thought they would look red if his fist spikes were part of him, just like that Archie scan.

So yeah, I'm neutral on the idea of his spikes. But I'm definitely sure he has fingers! Why else would he not? D=

I also have the same idea that only male echidnas had fist spikes, and female didn't. And then only those of the Knuckles clan since Nocturnus male echidnas lack them.