Awoo.

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu

Failinhearts

Lego-Ninjago-Masters-Of-Spinjitzu.jpg

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu is a franchise created by the LEGO Group that consists of a TV Show, Building sets, an upcoming motion-picture and a video-game series. It focuses on a group of teenage Ninja who use their elemental powers to fight many enemies who threaten the land of Ninjago. They can use a special martial art known as Spinjitzu, which involves spinning fast enough to create a tornado of elemental energy.

TV Series:

The show is written by Dan and Kevin Hageman, who helped write The LEGO Movie and created the story for the first Hotel Transylvania. It airs on Cartoon Network in the USA and has recently finished it's 6th Season. Season 7 is set to air later this year. Ninjago is animated by Wil Film which is known for animating LEGO Star Wars specials like The Yoda Chronicles, Droid Tales and The Freemaker Adventures.

The Ninjago series also has over 15 songs created for it. All written and performed by the band The Fold. The score is composed by Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer, who won an BMI TV Music Award for their work in the show.

Pilot Season (2011)

Spoiler

This season consists of 2 full-length episodes and a series of 6 mini-movies. It focuses on Kai, a young blacksmith who, under the guidance of Sensei Wu must team up with the other Ninja: Jay, the master of Lightning, Zane, the master of Ice and Cole, the Master of Earth to find the four Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu, save his sister Nya and stop Wu's brother: The evil Lord Garmadon and his army of Skullkin. 

Season 1 (2012)

Spoiler

After Lord Garmadon escaped through a vortex at the end of the Pilot, the Ninja encounter a new threat: The Serpentine. Consisting of 5 tribes: Hypnobrai, Fangpyre, Constrictai, Venomari and the almost extinct Anacondrai. The Ninja have to unlock their Full Potential in order to stop these new foes. In addition, they also have to deal with the meddling antics of Lord Garmadon's son: Lloyd Garmadon, a mysterious Samurai and Pythor: the last Anacondrai snake.

At the end of the Season, Lloyd turns out to be the Green Ninja: The most powerful Ninja destined to defeat "the Dark Lord" who the Ninja believe is Lloyd's father. Zane is also revealed to be a robot and Nya is the Samurai.

Season 2 (2013)

Spoiler

After the defeat of The Great Devourer, the Ninja must prepare Lloyd to battle his father by attempting to unlock his Full Potential. However, Lord Garmadon, now in possession with the Golden Weapons, has merged them to become a Mega Weapon, capable of creating anything. He also has allied himself with a dark force known as The Overlord and was granted an army of Stone Warriors to destroy the Ninja before the destined final battle begins. The Ninja, Nya, Sensei Wu and their new allies: Dareth, Misako (Lloyd's mother) and Dr. Julien (Zane's father/creator) have to put an end to Garmadon and The Overlord once and for all.

Throughout the season, a major change occured in Lloyd. After the episode "Child's Play", Lloyd was magically aged up to be the same age as the Ninja. In the end, it turned out The Overlord was the Dark Lord that was needed to be defeated. Lloyd, using his new Golden Ninja powers destroyed him, freeing Garmadon from the evil corrupting him.

Season 2 was supposed to be the end of Ninjago, as LEGO wanted to move onto their other brand meant to replace it: Legends of Chima. However, due to the popularity of Ninjago and even fan backlash, the theme was revived quickly.

Season 3: Rebooted (2014)

Spoiler

After the defeat of The Overlord, Ninjago City was rebuilt to New Ninjago City. However, it turns out The Overlord has barely survived and is trapped in a digital realm. He seeks to steal Lloyd's Golden Power to regain his physical form. Through the resources of Borg Industries, The Overlord created an army of Nindroids based off Zane. The Ninja, Nya, Wu, Garmadon, Misako and new allies PIXAL and Cyrus Borg must use new technology to battle the Nindroids and the Overlord by travelling across Ninjago, space and the digital realm.

In the end of the season, The Overlord was defeated for good at the cost of Zane, who sacrificed himself to save Ninjago

Season 4: Tournament Of Elements (2015)

Spoiler

After Zane's death, the Ninja have gone their seperate ways. However, they recieved a note that says that he is alive. This leads the Ninja and Sensei Garmadon to a mysterious island and they meet Master Chen, a cunning manipulator who Garmadon had a history with. The Ninja must compete in a special tournament and must fight other Elemental Masters and even themselves while they try to locate Zane. However, the Ninja discover that the Tournament Of Elements is more than meets the eye, as it is all a master plan created by Master Chen and his Anacondrai worshipers to steal the powers of each of the masters. The Ninja must survive the tournament, uncover Chen's motives and find Zane, who has been rebuilt with a new Titanium body.

At the end of the series, Garmadon, Master Chen and his cult was banished to the Cursed Realm and Zane rejoins the team.

Season 5: Possession (2015)

Spoiler

When the Cursed Realm was opened last season, an evil ghost escaped into Ninjago. That ghost turned out to be Morro, a Ninja who was Sensei Wu's first student before Jay, Cole and Zane. Morro always wanted to be the Green Ninja, and decided to possess Lloyd to carry out his plan: To bring the Cursed Realm, also known as the Preeminent to Ninjago. In order to do that, he needs the Realm Crystal. The Ninja must find it before him if they are to save Ninjago and Lloyd from a ghostly doom. The Ninja must also master the art of Airjitzu to combat Morro and will have to team up with a mercenary named Ronin.

In the season, it is revealed that Nya is the master of Water, making her the 6th Ninja and Cole becomes a ghost.

Season 6: Skybound (2016)

Spoiler

After the Preeminent was destroyed, peace returned to Ninjago and the Ninja became incredibly famous, especially with the Tweens. (Poking fun at the fanbase itself) However, an evil Djinn named Nadakhan was released from his prison. He has the ability to grant 3 wishes, but is able to twist the outcome to become unfavorable for the wisher and tricks them into wishing for their souls to be imprisoned. Searching for a way to have infinite wishes all to himself, he frames the Ninja by committing crimes using his ability to shape shift, causing the Ninja to go into hiding because the authorities are after them. With the Ninja and their allies having their souls captured one-by-one by Nadakhan and his Sky pirates, it's up to Jay to save all of Ninjago.

Season 7: ??? (2016) [Speculation below]

Spoiler

Not much is known of Season 7 except for a sound clip, hints from Ninjago's websites and the Hageman's Twitter and Toy Fair images. 

mqdefault.jpg

As you can see, according to this picture, Cole's face (which is part human, part ghost) is on the box, meaning he's the main Ninja for this season. Also, the characters in each of the Summer 2016 sets show off villains from past seasons. This hints that this season will involve the Ninja reliving their past struggles. This is further verified through Ninjago's online Wu-Cru program and the Hageman's Twitter account.

This Tweet indicates that the theme for this season is about the past repeating itself.

Additionally, this sound clip from Ian James Corlett (The voice for Master Chen) was released from his Instagram, but was soon taken down.

So, why do I love this show so much? Well, yeah, there's plotholes here and there, but the stories are engaging and the majority of the characters are very entertaining that you just can't help but love them. I also like the themes the show focuses on, especially in Season 4, where the show really shined in my opinion. For example, Season 4 focused on the danger of cults and worshiping false gods. Pretty deep for a LEGO Show. Also, the show doesn't try to dumb itself down for the most part just because it's LEGO, it's lore can be rather complex. Hell, the characters are treated like real people and there is no reference to bricks, LEGO, or anything. The only way you can tell this show's a LEGO show is through the character designs themselves. Yeah, there is still "buy this thing" moments in the show, but that's unavoidable when you have a series based off a toyline. Despite that, the show is very enjoyable for me and needs more attention as one of Cartoon Network's great shows in recent years.

Wanna watch Ninjago with your fellow SSMB members? I'm hosting streams of episodes every Sunday at 5pm ET if you want to watch it for yourself! http://taima.tv/r/NinjagoMonastery

Movie (2017)

After the positive response of The LEGO Movie, Warner Bros wanted to expand on the universe of that film. One of those films is a Ninjago movie, set for release on September 23rd 2017. The movie is still written by the Hageman Brothers, like the show itself and is directed by Charlie Bean (who directed The Powerpuff Girls Movie). Phil Lord and Chris Miller are producing the film alongside Dan Lin and Roy Lee who were involved with The LEGO Movie. The movie will be animated by Animal Logic using the same LEGO Movie style of using CGI Bricks. It is unknown of the cast of the show will reprise their roles for the movie.

Video Games:

Ninjago had two portable console games: "Nindroids" to correspond with Rebooted and "Shadow Of Ronin" for Tournament Of Elements. Those games were released on the PS Vita and 3DS, but Shadow Of Ronin also got a mobile release. Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Nya and Sensei Wu are also playable in LEGO Dimensions.

Theme Parks:

In Legoland Malaysia, there is a special stage show known as "Ninjago: Realm Of Shadows" which focuses on Kai and Nya's adventure to protect a special baby dragon from the hands of the dark sorceror Clouse. Legoland Florida will expand with a Ninjago area, including a 4D Ninjago ride.

So, what do you think of Ninjago? Are you a fan of the show? Did you play any of the games? Do you collect the toys? Are you excited for the upcoming movie? Feel free to discuss below!

"Ninjaaaa-go!"

• Thumbs Up 2

I have been watching this with Failin's streams and I honest found it to be entertaining.

The characters have their own dynamics and it works since they play off each other. And there seems to be a mythos to it as well as they go into details about magic weapons and prophecies. I just wonder what they can do with it since I'm still new to this series.

And I was surprised there's a character named General Skales cause there's a General Scales in Star Fox Adventures.

I wonder if Skales will be the unfought too with Gamadon stealing his thunder like what happened to General Scales to Andross of all things.

I do wanna see more so keep them coming Failin.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

I have been watching this with Failin's streams and I honest found it to be entertaining.

The characters have their own dynamics and it works since they play off each other. And there seems to be a mythos to it as well as they go into details about magic weapons and prophecies. I just wonder what they can do with it since I'm still new to this series.

And I was surprised there's a character named General Skales cause there's a General Scales in Star Fox Adventures.

Hidden Content

I do wanna see more so keep them coming Failin.

Glad to know you're enjoying the series!

Skales plays a role, yes, but don't expect him being even close to "main villain status." There is another snake that will steal his thunder in Season 1. You'll figure out about that next week on the stream.

Love the show. Still waiting for Skybound to be dubbed, as i watched every other season dubbed. This is my order of the most favourite seasons:

1.Reboot

2.Tournament of elements

3. Season 2

4.Season 1

5. Possesed

Also, i would really come to thew lives if it wasnt at 12 PM here.

9 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Love the show. Still waiting for Skybound to be dubbed, as i watched every other season dubbed. This is my order of the most favourite seasons:

1.Reboot

2.Tournament of elements

3. Season 2

4.Season 1

5. Possesed

Also, i would really come to thew lives if it wasnt at 12 PM here.

Man, I loved Skybound. That was a great season. Jay's my favorite Ninja, so maybe I'm holding a bias.

Season 2 is personally my least favorite season, but maybe I should give it a rewatch to see if my opinion changed.

As I said, i didnt watch Skybound, only the intro which makes me think its a bit more of a Jay season. I think S2 was awesome becuase of Lloyds characters development.

7 hours ago, Diamond said:

As I said, i didnt watch Skybound, only the intro which makes me think its a bit more of a Jay season. I think S2 was awesome becuase of Lloyds characters development.

Skybound has a HUGE Jay focus.

Anyway, again, it's all taste but when I hear of Lloyd's character development, I'm all "what development"? My biggest gripe with Season 2 and Ninjago as a whole is Lloyd as a character. Here's a post I made from another topic:

Spoiler
On 16/02/2016 at 9:24 PM, Failinhearts said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm honestly not that big of a fan of Lloyd Garmadon from Ninjago all that much. At least, after the Season 2 episode Child's Play. (I honestly didn't like Season 2 as a whole, but that's a different story.)

latest?cb=20120723052805

When Lloyd was first introduced as the son of the main villain at the time, Lord Garmadon, he was a fun character.

He just wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father, and when he eventually redeemed himself and joined the Ninja's crew, it was still fun as he continued to be a prankster and he put the Ninja in interesting situations. (Like when he deliberately put Kai and Zane's robes in the Washing Machine, causing Zane's robes to be pink for an episode).

e11-3.png

When it was revealed that Lloyd was the Green Ninja, the most powerful Ninja of them all, destined to stop his father, it still was interesting because he still was a kid. It provided a neat contrast and dynamic to his character. Somebody who was super-powerful, but not fully able to control his power because of his age. It made him unique.

Then Child's Play happened.

895AJp57.jpeg

To put things simply, some magic mumbo-jumbo happened and Lloyd became aged up to be the same age as the others. I would be okay with that if it was like Lion-O, where he still felt like a kid in an older body. But sadly, this change led him on a path of blandness and being overpowered.

Lloyd takes the role of the leader, undermining Cole, who was originally the leader. This diminished the role of the Black Ninja. Hell, the show sometimes makes jokes that he's the least important of the crew. (Hopefully Season 7, which seems to have a Cole focus will fix that)

Lloyd also has way too many dragons. The Ultra Dragon, which originally was the four dragons which belonged to Kai, Jay, Cole and Zane now belonged to him. He could also create a Gold Dragon and a Green Dragon out of his own energy. (Not to mention a new Green Dragon according to the Summer 2016 toy lineup) 

Intentional or not, Lloyd's pretty much limiting the other Ninja just to make him more powerful.

latest?cb=20130110003540

For a brief moment in the show, Lloyd became the Gold Ninja. You know, because he wasn't powerful enough.

He's all power and little personality. It doesn't seem as stand-out as much as the personalities of the other five Ninja. (Yes, five. There was another one added in Season 5: Nya)

Luckily, in later seasons the writers try to boot Lloyd off more because he's way too powerful. The Rebooted season removed his Golden Powers, Possession had him under the control of Morro for the majority of the season and in Skybound, his soul was captured.

Talk about falling from grace.

Just now, Diamond said:

Wait, Cole was the leader?

It wasn't expressed much in the show, but in stuff like the books, character descriptions before Lloyd's introduction and whatnot, Cole was the leader.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate to say it but I did got spoilered by a wiki about...

Garmadon or at least someone related to him being the Green Ninja just because I needed to look up his name. I seriously can't spell and I got my hand in stuck in a bear trap. D: Curse you Google images! D:<

Just now, Crow the BOOLET said:

I hate to say it but I did got spoilered by a wiki about...

Hidden Content

Spoiler

Not really that big of a spoiler since my signature shows off the Green Ninja. XD

Anyway, The Fold released 3 new songs for Season 6:

The Pirate Whip: The new theme song for his latest seasons. It's still stuck in my head.

Bring On The Pirates: A song that's pretty much about Nadakhan and the Sky Pirates.

We Are Ninjago: A song made for the Wu-Cru program on Ninjago.com

All songs as well as their karaoke versions are on iTunes now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Current thoughts on the show:

I'm still loving it. This is how I'd like to see Sonic Boom to be like, not that I don't like the current Boom or anything. I've mentioned it before but its building up its mythos with these snake tribes as they have their own holy city and everything. Lloyd should had learned his lesson about teaming up with snakes too since it happens twice before Pyhtor plays him like a fiddle.

At least he learns his lesson finally and becomes the token "evil" teammate of the group. Nya being Samurai X (heheh she's Kenshin Himura) was also pretty awesome too since she's strapped to a robot. Zane being a robot was completely left-field but it makes so much sense. Though I wonder how he was able to operate when his memory has been turned off.

But yeah. If I have a complaint I have a feeling the Fangpyres are gonna be worfed to hell and back. They have a pretty strong power, being able to create snake like beings from anything but they're just gonna have their butts kicked pretty easily now. Isn't that how it works in every show? lol But yeah its going good for Ninjago.

• Thumbs Up 1

ninjago_movie_poster.png

So... we got some info on the Ninjago movie and I'm rather disappointed.

Ninjago is the story of six young ninja tasked with defending their island home, called Ninjago. By night, they’re gifted warriors, using their skill and awesome fleet of vehicles to fight villains and monsters. By day, they’re ordinary teens, struggling against their greatest enemy: high school. 

I-am-not-amused-i-E2-9D-A4-cole-ninjago-

So... I was expecting changes for this movie, but not something like this! This premise sounds like the typical Ninjago fanfiction. A fanfiction is not the best way to get your movie's premise. Just look at Fifty Shades Of Grey.

Furthermore, the idea is just cliche. Spider-Man did this, Power Rangers did this, hell, another show based around Ninjas did this!

show-cover-supah-ninjas.jpg

Do we need another high-school Ninja drama? Ninjago has nothing to do with this premise. It's ironic since the show's writers are behind the story. You think they'd be able to make a story more loyal to the thing THEY created? Perhaps this premise is because of Phil Lord, Chris Miller or even Charlie Bean.

That said... there still is hope. The LEGO Movie is all about cliches and poking fun at them. Maybe Ninjago is gonna be a parody of this formula? Maybe. I hope so... either that, or I hope this synopsis is fake.

So yeah, what do you think about Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Lloyd and Nya in high school?

We're in the year 2016 and the high school is the characters greatest enemy. 

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

We're in the year 2016 and the high school is the characters greatest enemy. 

Skullkin, Serpentine, Stone Warriors, Nindroids, cultists, ghosts and Sky Pirates? Pffft! That's nothing compared to my Math Homework!

I won't be surprised if we spend a lot of time on Jay and Nya's relationship... because high school romance.

A film about a teenager (or teens in this case) going through the horrors of High School and going to save the world with their unique power? Forget Spider-Man or anything else, I know what this sounds like...

510-PGxZa7L._SX200_QL80_.jpg

I went there. The team will need to wow me with characters but yeah, this is NOT the way the series should go (judging by Series 1 mind you).

• Thumbs Up 2

On another note, we have new preliminary art for Season 7.

PVsxlVO.jpg

As you can see, Cole is at center stage fighting off many enemies from the past 5 years of Ninjago. You see Krazi, General Kozu, Sensei Yang, General Cryptor, Master Chen and Pythor.

Notice how Nadakhan isn't anywhere here. Does this mean he won't appear this season?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for double posting, but we got a lot of news.

So first up, Legoland Billund just opened their Ninjago area and we got some videos for it. Remember that these expansions will arrive in North American Legoland parks soon.

Trailer:

Ride footage: (Notice how the ride uses the show's actors)

Ninjago: The Ride is a game similar to attractions like Toy Story Mania where you get on a moving vehicle and you travel through several screens and take down enemies. The difference is that instead of using guns like most games, the ride tracks your hand movements to fire elemental blasts. At the end of the ride, it shows off one Ninja which I assume is the one who scored the most points as there are four seats in the vehicle for Earth, Fire, Ice and Lightning. In this video, it shows off Cole, which could mean that the person who used the Earth powers scored the most points.

In addition, the Legoland Hotel in Billund now has Ninjago themed rooms.

Lastly, we got Season 7 stuff.

Spoiler

Cole has finally begun to harness his ghost power, but there is an interesting catch. If he gets too scared he will disappear completely. If he gains full control of his mind and body he finds he can actually become human again! With an unknown threat lurking in the jungle it will take all his focus as he must learn to balance this power.

This video speaks for itself. You can see Cole switching from Ghost, to human and a close-call situation where he almost vanished from existence because of his fear of water. (In Season 5, it shows that water is the something that can kill a ghost)

So this makes me wonder... will Cole get killed off? With this season being on the same year of Ninjago's 5th anniversary and many villains are returning, would one more big twist be among us as a major character dies?

This clip from Season 5 shows the Ninja's future and even foreshadows Season 6 (Jay having an eyepatch and ending up with Nya). Cole sees no reflection, as if he has no future. Will the whole disappearing factor be why?

You know I thought about it today since it went to my mind but kind of spoilers based on what we watched in the Ninjago stream.

So when Garmadon was playing an enemy mine position with the ninjas, he showed that he does care a lot for Lloyd where that Lloyd is his only motivation to help the good guys. But going back on certain events make me wonder about Garmadon and his relationship with his son. Garmadon was bitten by the Great Devourer which caused him to be evil and the rest is history. But he knew that the snakes were the cause of his evil and seems to at least acknowledge himself as a necessary evil but is willing to teach Lloyd a few lessons.

The thing that I'm getting at is why didn't Garmadon didn't just tell Lloyd not to resurrect snakes when Garmadon knew that snakes were evil and had the power to threaten both himself and Lloyd? I guess I could excuse the fact that Garmadon was in a different world being evil but still. I kind of feel like this is a minor plothole. Maybe I'm missing the point since Sensei Wu taught Lloyd the lesson anyways to get the latter on their side.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

You know I thought about it today since it went to my mind but kind of spoilers based on what we watched in the Ninjago stream.

Reveal hidden contents

So when Garmadon was playing an enemy mine position with the ninjas, he showed that he does care a lot for Lloyd where that Lloyd is his only motivation to help the good guys. But going back on certain events make me wonder about Garmadon and his relationship with his son. Garmadon was bitten by the Great Devourer which caused him to be evil and the rest is history. But he knew that the snakes were the cause of his evil and seems to at least acknowledge himself as a necessary evil but is willing to teach Lloyd a few lessons.

The thing that I'm getting at is why didn't Garmadon didn't just tell Lloyd not to resurrect snakes when Garmadon knew that snakes were evil and had the power to threaten both himself and Lloyd? I guess I could excuse the fact that Garmadon was in a different world being evil but still. I kind of feel like this is a minor plothole. Maybe I'm missing the point since Sensei Wu taught Lloyd the lesson anyways to get the latter on their side.

I have an explaination. It's kinda weak, but here it goes:

Spoiler

If you looked at the mini-movie "Battle Between Brothers", Garmadon was banished to the Underworld when he and Wu were young men. Lloyd was born before then, but realisitcally, he would've been too young to probably understand Garmadon's plight. I mean, look at Wu back then compared to now:

latest?cb=20150410173354&path-prefix=pl

Lloyd should be a baby who barely knows English since Wu still had that same appearance when Garmadon was banished.

Season 2 spoilers ahead to further explain:

Spoiler

Misako (Lloyd's Mom) abandoned Lloyd at a young age to prevent him from becoming the Green Ninja. Perhaps around that same age he was born in, still unable to understand the concept of "never trusting a snake". With him all alone, only relying on stories of his father and the Boarding School For Bad Boys he was left in, Lloyd was molded into the snake-trusting naive kid he was.

• Thumbs Up 1

I only saw a few episodes on TV, and I wasn't really impressed by what I saw...but maybe if I saw more episodes, the opinion may change?

*looks up the DVDs on Amazon* well, the good news is that there's proper season sets, and they seem pretty cheap. I'll put it on my ever growing list. Glad to see that my friends enjoy it, at least, so that's a plus right there.

EDIT: Wait, there's a character called General Skales? Does he at least get a proper fight with the heroes?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SurrealBrain said:

Wait, there's a character called General Skales? Does he at least get a proper fight with the heroes?

No, Skales isn't exactly a combat oriented character. He wouldn't be agile enough to take down the Ninja or to create an engaging action sequence in my opinion. He's a thinker more than a fighter, but when he had legs, he was able to take down the original Hypnobrai general.

latest?cb=20120112183350

• 4 weeks later...

maxresdefault.jpg

So this picture was found showcasing several villains returning for Season 7. We have the usual Cryptor, Pythor, Kozu, Chen and Sensei Yang, but now we can see that Samukai and Morro are returning!

Boy, this is gonna be interesting...

Morrow and Samukai died how the heck are they going to write them back? What's next the overlord is returning(I hope not)?Also interesting to know that Chen is in his human form instead of a ghost.  I'm also surprised that Yang is actually a villain instead of just some strict teacher that has the weirdest but effective methods. 

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

Morrow and Samukai died how the heck are they going to write them back? What's next the overlord is returning(I hope not)?Also interesting to know that Chen is in his human form instead of a ghost.  I'm also surprised that Yang is actually a villain instead of just some strict teacher that has the weirdest but effective methods. 

Well, one thing to note is that Samukai shouldn't even be dead in the first place. Perhaps that'll be addressed.

Spoiler

If you remember "Wrong Place, Wrong Time", the Golden Weapons were sent to space to get rid of the Mega Weapon when the Ninja time traveled to the events of the pilot. Since they were sent away, Samukai didn't have a chance to possess all four, thus he didn't die.

HOWEVER, the show kinda picks and chooses what happened and what didn't after the Ninja went back to the present. For example, Lloyd didn't remember the Mega Weapon, but he's still in his older form, which would only happen because of the Mega Weapon reviving the Grundle. So whether or not Samukai still died is a mystery.