Awoo.

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu

Failinhearts

So, it seems like LEGO's looking back at the Pilot, Season 1 and 2 as they made small sum-up videos told by young fans of the series. (Also no, Lloyd's power is not poison. It's Energy)

Since Season 7 is all about looking back on the series, it only makes sense that these videos are made.

• 2 weeks later...

We got two new posters for Season 7.

CioLwWYUUAAisYI.jpg

CiVtes5WUAAFNBJ.jpg'

According to LEGO's Twitter, Season 7 (or at least the toys) have been moved to Fall 2016 instead of the Summer.

Also, the Hagemans confirmed that Ninjago is not ending at Season 7. There was also talk that LEGO sees Ninjago as a "evergreen" product line on par with LEGO City, meaning it will last for quite a long time. Apparently for 9 more years at least from what I heard.

Speaking of products, we got pictures of two new sets.

The Samurai X Cave:

LEGO-Ninjago-70596.jpg

You know, it's about time we got this set. The cave was shown off since Season 3 and now we finally have it in brick-built form. This set comes with Wu, Nya, Lloyd, Jay, a Stone Warrior, Cryptor, Pythor and General Kozu. Also, it looks like the "macguffins" for this season are ghostly versions of past macguffins. This set in particular has a ghost version of Cole's Technoblade, a ghost Elemental Blade and a ghost Serpentine Staff.

OLhmvsg.png

ndfYpNd.png

The next set is the Airjitzu Battle Grounds. This shows that LEGO hasn't given up on the Airjitzu game yet. The figures included are Airjitzu Nya, Airjitzu Lloyd, two ghost students and Sensei Yang. The macguffin included is a ghost Aeroblade.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, it appears LEGO reviewers are getting their hands on some Season 7 sets. Not to mention that LEGO's already begun to promote them.

The Ninjago Season 7 hype continues, as LEGO is now releasing throwback videos on past villains! This one's for Samukai!

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

That's one way to generate hype.

Yeah, gets me hyped for the return of Samukai.

I guess you can see these throwbacks as confirmations of returning villains. I wonder if we'll get one for Nadakhan because I really want him back.

You know the season finale of Season 4 made me a little miffed about a few things. It was overall good but there's just somethings that bothered me.

Garmadon dying, while it was a good send off to him I just didn't like because Garmadon got a ton better as a character as of this and last season. Garmadon went from being a competent villain to being laughly bad to the point where the Serpentine manages to kick him out and they were the bad guys from LAST SEASON. He does get a little better later but I liked Garmadon, post heel face turn. Good Garmadon's role to the team as being a second teacher to the ninja was actually pretty great and established how badass he actually is, especially compared to himself seasons ago. Yeah sure he doesn't win like you'd want but even he knows its not his role to defeat the bad guys. Seeing him go just made me go "awwww man!" I hope he somehow comes back from the dead.

Also Wu snapping at Garmadon when he found out the truth about the letter seemed kind of not in character of him. Wu always seemed to have a calm exterior and often leaves the past behind because he gave both Garmadon and Lloyd a chance, even during their evil phases but maybe I'm missing the point. It does show that Wu does have depth to him but I dunno, it just seems kind of weird for me.

It was a great season and hell I was excited to see how it went down but those two things bothered me. lol

2 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

You know the season finale of Season 4 made me a little miffed about a few things. It was overall good but there's just somethings that bothered me.

Reveal hidden contents

Garmadon dying, while it was a good send off to him I just didn't like because Garmadon got a ton better as a character as of this and last season. Garmadon went from being a competent villain to being laughly bad to the point where the Serpentine manages to kick him out and they were the bad guys from LAST SEASON. He does get a little better later but I liked Garmadon, post heel face turn. Good Garmadon's role to the team as being a second teacher to the ninja was actually pretty great and established how badass he actually is, especially compared to himself seasons ago. Yeah sure he doesn't win like you'd want but even he knows its not his role to defeat the bad guys. Seeing him go just made me go "awwww man!" I hope he somehow comes back from the dead.

Also Wu snapping at Garmadon when he found out the truth about the letter seemed kind of not in character of him. Wu always seemed to have a calm exterior and often leaves the past behind because he gave both Garmadon and Lloyd a chance, even during their evil phases but maybe I'm missing the point. It does show that Wu does have depth to him but I dunno, it just seems kind of weird for me.

It was a great season and hell I was excited to see how it went down but those two things bothered me. lol

Well, here's how I personally see it:

Spoiler

I personally like Wu snapping. It shows that despite the calm, stoic nature of the typical Wu, there's still a flawed man in there. He lets love drive him sometimes, and especially because he wou'd've gotten the woman he loved if his brother didn't lie. Love can blind a man, and so can anger. This results in Wu losing it, however he eventually lets go.

And yes, Wu does still love Misako as proven by some later actions in the show. Thus why he reacts this way.

And as for Garmadon's death... the writers never said that was the last you'll see of him. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

A new recap video has appeared! This time, it's on everyones favorite Anacondrai (well, he's the ONLY Anacondrai), Pythor!

There is one thing i need to complain about season 4

Spoiler

So if the Ninja's got their powers because of their parents/ancestors then how did Zane get his powers since he's a robot? 

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

There is one thing i need to complain about season 4

Hide contents

So if the Ninja's got their powers because of their parents/ancestors then how did Zane get his powers since he's a robot? 

Spoiler

It is indeed a strange subject. Perhaps Zane getting Ice powers was the work of the Cloud Kingdom, who as you know, are the writers of destiny.

That's the only explaination I have.

Sorry for the double-post happening so soon, but we got news of the cast for The LEGO Ninjago Movie. This also confirms the High School storyline and the character models. (What happened to Nya?!)

Clpy364UYAAQAfL.jpg

Wu: Jackie Chan

Lloyd: Dave Franco

Kai: Michael Pena

Nya: Abbi Jacobson

Jay: Kumail Nanjiani

Zane: Zach Woods

Cole: Fred Armison

This is verified through the reactions of the TV voice actors.

Kai's actor: Vincent Tong

Jay's actor: Michael Adamthwaite.

Can't blame them for being mad considering they've been voicing the characters since day 1. But in reality this makes a lot of sense since it's in a different continuity and the fact that the voice actors for the regular lego DC stuff don't voice their lego movie counterparts. My only complain is why haven't the Ninjago guys been used to voice the video games? That's dumb.

• 1 month later...

Warner brothers has revealed/confirmed the actors for the new movie as well as given us a summary of the plot

THE STARS HAVE BEEN ASSEMBLED FOR "THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE"

(August 11, 2016 – Burbank, CA) – The main cast has been put together for “The LEGO Ninjago Movie,” a new animated adventure in Warner Bros. Pictures’ LEGO franchise. The film will star Dave Franco, Justin Theroux, Fred Armisen, Abbi Jacobson, Olivia Munn, Kumail Nanjiani, Michael Peña, Zach Woods, and the legendary Jackie Chan. “The LEGO Ninjago Movie” is slated to open nationwide on September 22, 2017.

In this big-screen Ninjago adventure, the battle for Ninjago City calls to action young Lloyd, aka the Green Ninja, along with his friends, who are all secret warriors and LEGO Master Builders. Led by kung fu master Wu, as wise-cracking as he is wise, they must defeat evil warlord Garmadon, the Worst Guy Ever, who also happens to be Lloyd’s dad. Pitting mech against mech and father against son, the epic showdown will test this fierce but undisciplined team of modern-day ninjas who must learn to check their egos and pull together to unleash their true power.

Jackie Chan (“Kung Fu Panda,” The Karate Kid”) stars as Master Wu; Justin Theroux (“Magamind 2,” “The Leftovers”) is Garmadon; Dave Franco (“Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising”) plays Lloyd; and Olivia Munn (“X-Men: Apocalypse”) is Lloyd’s mom, Koko. Making up the secret ninja crew, Fred Armisen (“The Jim Gaffigan Show,” “SNL”) voices Cole; Abbi Jacobson (“Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising”) plays Nya; Kumail Nanjiani (“Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates”) is Jay; Michael Peña (“Ant-Man,” “The Martian”) is Kai; and Zach Woods (“Silicon Valley”) voices Zane.

Jill Wilfert, an executive producer on the film and Vice President of Licensing and Entertainment for LEGO Group, stated, “We are thrilled with the star-studded voice cast slated for ‘The LEGO Ninjago Movie.’ Our fans know and love Ninjago characters for their personalities and skills, so it’s only fitting that we assemble a diverse and talented cast to bring the world of Ninjago to life on the big screen.”

“The LEGO Ninjago Movie” marks the feature film directorial debut of Charlie Bean (“Tron: Uprising”). It is being produced by Dan Lin, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller and Roy Lee, who previously collaborated on the worldwide box-office phenomenon “The LEGO Movie,” along with Maryann Garger (“Flushed Away”). Chris McKay, Seth Grahame-Smith, Jill Wilfert, and Keith Malone are serving as executive producers. The screenplay is by Hilary Winston & Bob Logan & Paul Fisher, story by Kevin Hageman & Dan Hageman and Hilary Winston & Bob Logan & Paul Fisher, based on LEGO Construction Toys.

From Warner Bros. Pictures and Warner Animation Group, in association with LEGO System A/S, a Lin Pictures/Lord Miller/Vertigo Entertainment Production, “The LEGO Ninjago Movie” will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

source of infomation

personally this is a relief to me since it sounds more like it will be a one time sort of thing that will have sets next year. but then tv series will likely start back up in 2018.

also a joke video from the lego movie I thought you guys would like

The first clip for Season 7: Day of the Departed has surfaced!

That Ultra Stealth Raider product placement, though.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys well some news that came out not long ago a short based on the new ninjago movie will be played before the storks movie

to quote the usa today news site

Short film The Master, playing before the animatedStorks (in theaters Sept. 23), serves as a fighting introduction to the martial-arts prowess of Lego hero Master Wu. The character will be showcased next year as the wise (and wisecracking) leader of an all-Lego ninja crew in The Lego Ninjago Movie (Sept. 22, 2017).

and we even have a 30 sec clip to watch 

another bit of news I heard.is that the ninjago tv series is currently planned to keep going after the movie comes out.

(sadly I haven't found the main source of this news yet so take it with a grain of salt)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the Hagemans have been talking about future seasons, so we knew from the very beginning that the movie will not replace the show.

But, hey, now I'm even more interested to see Storks to see this beautiful looking short!

• 4 weeks later...

The trailer for Ninjago: Day Of The Departed has finally arrived! So yeah, it turns out that this is not a season and instead, a Halloween special. Oh, well. Our favorite Ninjas are back!

• Thumbs Up 2

Dang I was really hoping that this was a season. Oh well I'm still looking forward to it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's this? Canadians are not getting the shaft from something for once? Well, goodie, goodie gumdrops!

Candians will actually get Day of The Departed 8 days earlier than the American air date of October 29th! (Just when I stopped my subscription to Teletoon, though... fack.)

• 2 weeks later...

The Fold has released three new songs for Day of The Departed!

First off, the new remix of The Weekend Whip: The Rift Whip!

There's also a Cole focused song: Close The Circle.

And we got a song named after the special: Day of The Departed!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 weeks later...

So, um... this is interesting.

CxuR7eiWIAA4fjD.jpg:large

This was found on Tommy Andreasen's Twitter. For those who don't know, Tommy is one of the co-creators for Ninjago. He revealed that an animation studio in China is releasing a completely different version of the Day of the Departed special. Same shitty story, but new music, new animation, new everything. I'm curious as to how this'll turn out, and if it'll be an improved or an inferior version of the original special animated by WilFilm.

But then again, improving on the story is pretty easy because Day of the Departed is probably the worst TV special I've seen in recent years. I hate it. It's a disgrace to Ninjago, to Cole and it's a massive slap in the face to the fans who wanted such beloved villains to return only to see them killed off once again in the span of 5 minutes.

I can go on and on about how much I hate this special, but that's not the focus. What matters is that we're getting a new version of Day of the Departed, and I HOPE it's at least better.

Oh thank goodness I wasn't the only one who didn't like Day of the Departed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Day of the Departed is probably the worst TV special I've seen in recent years. I hate it. It's a disgrace to Ninjago, to Cole and it's a massive slap in the face to the fans who wanted such beloved villains to return only to see them killed off once again in the span of 5 minutes.

giphy.gif

I remember when I first watched it and wondered if the animation had its budget cut or something, because those 'fight scenes' were so awkward and stiff compared to the ones in the series before it.

I hated that the big selling point of the special (villains returning from the previous seasons) was completely wasted. I mean they spent, like, two minutes interacting with each other before just selecting a Ninja to get revenge on. No massive team-up or anything.

The only thing that I thought was kinda neat (though still a flimsy cop-out) was Morro actually helping the heroes. But even that only lasted about a minute before he was out of the picture.

All this, just to give Cole a mortal body again. I just... *sigh* I've rambled on about it long enough. Hopefully there's something better in Season 7.

• Thumbs Up 1

The villain and animation problems was just ONE problem from the travesty of Day of the Departed. I have sooooo many gripes.

And hey, I have time to kill. Time to rant.

Spoiler

So, this came out following the events of Skybound, an amazing season in my opinion... even if it had a cop-out ending. It ended with Nya and Jay together. However, this special gave us nothing as to how Jay and Nya evolved after such an event. Sure, there's the Dark Island novel series (which I'm sure is much better than Day of the Departed, but I digress) but that doesn't excuse how they had little to no interaction. Some couple, huh?

Speaking of Jay... his relationship with Cole. In Skybound, Cole said "he's my best friend" and one of the early videos hint how Cole and Jay will have more interaction together. Remember this?

Jungle setting? Jay almost saving Cole's life as they team up? Mysterious villain in the shadows? Is this Day of the Departed?!

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Also, let's talk about the epitome of wasted potential.

latest?cb=20150716014138

The mysterious Sensei Yang. You know, the guy foreshadowed for two seasons to be a major villain? The guy who turned Cole into a ghost with an army of enslaved students?

He went from one of the coolest bad guy to the lamest villain since General Kozu. Yup. Sensei Yang's less interesting than a fucking Rock Lord.

So... his entire motivation was to use the villains as a distraction in an attempt to become immortal so he won't be forgotten? Also... he suddenly has the power to make people forget even though that was never established beforehand? Also, how could he predict such an unpredictable number of circumstances? How did he know Cole would go suddenly out of character and become obsessed with revenge, hit a vase, and have the moon shine in the EXACT AREA the broken vase is in to unleash the villains?

Speaking of which... the villains in the first place. So, Yang said there is a Departed Realm. But... there's already two afterlives in Ninjago in the first place: The Underworld AND the Cursed Realm! Do we need another afterlife? Also, Chen and Morro shouldn't show up. They were in the Cursed Realm, and that drowned into nothingness! So... ghosts can have an after-afterlife? Next up, Kozu. He's a Stone Warrior! He didn't die! Why is he dead now? Same for Cryptor. He's a fucking robot! Robots can't be ghosts! It would make more sense if they were statues who came to life with MEMORIES of the dead villains, but NO, they are clearly the real deals. So the whole premise of the entire special and the most hyped part... makes no sense and shouldn't even happen!

Let me bring this up, his curse. He's been flailing his weapon like a child high on pixie sticks, and suddenly he's a ghost? What the fuck? Who cursed him? What cursed him? The temple? Was there a ghost in that temple before? Never explained.

Second... so, he just didn't want to be forgotten. And he realizes his mistake when Cole said everyone will remember him because "he invented Airjitzu". Well, one: NO FUCKING SHIT. It's stupid that he would just forget that. Two: Why the hell would he try to stop the Ninja from getting the scroll to Airjitzu in Possession in the first place? Are you trying to stop people from getting the one thing they'll remember him for? In that case, isn't that counter-productive to your goal?

This special turned Yang into the biggest dipshit in the entire Ninjago franchise.

Now, let's talk about the product placement. Now, I know Ninjago is a show about toys... but this is the most shameless commercial I've seen. I saw Transformers episodes that were less blatant than this! Like, none of them do anything significant. I mean, Ronin and the Mech did NOTHING important. They just showed up to show the little kiddies that they can get the Salvage M.E.C.H for $49.99 at the fucking LEGO store.

Speaking of products... even some didn't make the cut! Tell me, where did the Samurai X Cave show up in this special?

lego_70596_box1_in_1488.png?l.r2=8444007

Yup. Nowhere. And wait... is that...?

CjABHzNUgAEj7tH.jpg

The Phantom Ninja? Cole's love interest from the books?

77c383c4a3df3da290a81295ca37aa04.jpg?h=4

WHERE THE HELL WAS SHE? Yup, nowhere.

And this leads to my final point. I believe this was meant to be a season that would resolve the rushed nature of the special and fix everything the special broke. I mean, lack of a foreshadowed relationship, lack of characters, lack of DR. SAUNDERS.

latest?cb=20160615144600&path-prefix=de

You know, that guy you see in all those Villain Throwback videos? He did nothing but spew out some exposition and a gag or two. That's it. I swear, HE was gonna be the villain. I mean, who makes a museum of villains and minions? It's like if we had an hall of statues of people such as Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler made to honor them. Like... it would make sense if he was planning to build an army of villains, but nope. He did nothing.

Speaking of the videos, if you look closely at the end of each one, you'll see that the red lights resemble the Overlord... as if he was gonna reappear. Guess what DIDN'T happen?

I swear, the Hagemans were planning a full season, but LEGO came in at the last minute, told them to condense all those ideas into a 45 minute script and submit it in 3 weeks, and then rush Wilfilm to animate it, resulting in a crappy special that did nothing but slap every Ninjago fan in the face.

And what's the worst thing? This is Cole's time to shine for once. 6 years of being the ninja nobody remembers, and this special was meant to be a semi-meta resolution to his reputation in and out of the show's universe. This was meant to wrap it up... and I didn't feel the impact. And I should've.

Shameful, just shameful.