Awoo.

Gotta job?

Blash

Well Obama gets bonus points for every new job he makes (it was one of his many promises) so I guess he is kind of benefiting from the recession in a manner of speaking.

Weird huh?

I am looking to pick up an internship where I plan to work when I get out of college, the FBI or CIA. I already got an interview set up with the latter. The dude is actually coming to campus just to see me. My credentials must have really impressed that guy.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eileanach

• Mollfie

• Sega DogTagz

• Foxy

Ooooh that makes me think of Alias all over again. I would love to join the MI5 or so but then I realised the Government cannot run a play school so I don't want to be put into the same category as them. XD

Best of luck with that SDT, you never know you may have offended the guy so take a bullet proof vest.

Edited by Eileanach

Good Advise, but if that guy wanted me dead I’d be gone already.

In fact, he could have already eliminated the DogTagz you all know and love. He could be using my identity as a scapegoat to find other “targets”. Look at em sneakily moving through the boards, pretending to be your friends and then *WHAM*…….

Oh, I scared myself for a minute there. Gotta take the imagination thing down a few notches.

Anyway good luck your job hunt , I’m sure you can interview with the best of them with your level of social skills.

***crosses fingers for all the job hunters out there***

EDIT: I just realized how scary close my initials are to STD… :blink:

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I work in a call centre listening to calls in a kind of big brother style environment to make sure our telephone agents don’t say stupid things like “We’re going to send the bailiffs to your house and take all your stuff if you don’t pay back you loan.” Ultimately a bit tedious but it pays my way and all of the debt I’ve accrued as a side effect of my love for shiny things like 360’s, HDTV’s and holidays to Florida. I recently got a raise… or I’ll be back paid for it in March which is a side effect of me being so fantastic at my job.

It’d be lovely to have this ideological view of the world where I looked down on people in hard working jobs doing their best to get by but meh, I’m not that sort of dude.

I would actually enjoy a big brother-esque job like that whatabout_paul I think the more monotonous ones get paid a lot better anyway, it's like data entry those jobs pay a lot because of how boring they are but if you don't mind monotony then go for it. =D

I would actually enjoy a big brother-esque job like that whatabout_paul I think the more monotonous ones get paid a lot better anyway, it's like data entry those jobs pay a lot because of how boring they are but if you don't mind monotony then go for it. =D

They do? Here in the Newcastle area if it's not a skilled profession it's almost guaranteed to be minimum wage or around it. Right now even skilled jobs aren't safe from that; I was offered minimum a few months back for a job that included such things as UI design, database structuring etc.

That said, data entry and its ilk can be a little more lucrative if salary is based on performance, and you've got the intestinal fortitude to drive through a pile of monotony in paper format. I don't know about you, but I've had one job where I could feel the IQ points slipping away, and I didn't like it one bit.

Right now I'm a consultant for an Internet startup in the New York area (of America, not here >_>). Most of the stuff I do is implementation of their design work, bug fixing etc, on their website. Pay's not a lot for the industry, but it's significantly more than I could hope for normally in any way in the economic slum that is the north east of England. Plus the hours are flexible enough that I'm free to do things like go to college or whatever at the same time. Ideal situation for me for now regardless; I think it's payback for the not-so-nice (to put it mildly) time I've had the last few years.

Well I kinda shafted myself on one of the 2 jobs I have. ACS, the computer company I work for, refuses to give me hours until I get either a degree or several certifications I.E. Network + and A+. They gave me the books and I studied the hell out of them, but when it came for the test I was broke and they updated the requirements/ OS system knowledge you need, thanks to Vista so basically, I'm out of my computer job. Other than that I deliver Pizza which believe it or not is pretty damn fun. I love driving and so driving for a paycheck is what I'm doing now and I make good money. I make Min wage plus tips and commission which my checks average 400 bucks plus every night I work I walk out with 40-60 dollars a day. It's awesome money.

Any job involving data entry that I have applied for has paid over and above £23,000. Maybe I am just looking in the right places or something but y'know every where is different just depends on the job and it's "stress inducing qualities" I guess.

I quit my job, and in search of another. I worked at Wendy's. I was doing bad things to those sandwiches. Poking wholes, changing their orders. If they asked for lettuce, chicken, mustard, and NO manayse, then I would just give them manayse by itself.

If they asked for lettuce, chicken, mustard, and NO manayse, then I would just give them manayse by itself.

That Was You???

I hate Mayo!!!

I was doing bad things to those sandwiches. Poking wholes, changing their orders.

Am I the only one who thought something far, far worse was coming after this?

Well, happy job hunting SSL. My advice, kept that pent up ‘anst away from the fast food industry ;)