Awoo.

Sonic 1 comes to Apple TV

Linkabel

The article also mentions Sonic 2 will be made available March 24th, and following that Sonic CD on March 31st. Since its talking about the iOS App Store versions of the games in particular being made available on the Apple TV, it sounds that these versions of the game in particular are the TaxStealth remasters (Sonic 1 and 2) / Taxman remake (Sonic CD).

Holding out a bit of hope that this means those versions of the game may finally come to current-gen console platforms later in the year.

• Thumbs Up 3

Having a hard time caring about games being released on Apple's vastly overpriced TV box, Sonic or no.

In the same breadth SEGA's also having some games released on GeForce Now. Again, having a hard time not caring, because I suffer from the joys of crappy American internet, and I rather playing games natively, but there's that.

Holy shit, I can't believe Sega is FINALLY re-releasing Sonic the Hedgehog 1. This is a major, revolutionary idea; I can't wait to finally play this forgotten classic!!!

...or at least, I WISH could. But sadly I do not have or want an Apple TV. I guess...I guess 'll just never get to play it. If only Sega would re-release it on more platforms!

;A;

• Thumbs Up 2

I never even heard of a Apple TV until now. Then again, I don't actually have a TV because I have no use in one when I can play these games on this laptop. I would say it's nice... but you could play Sonic on practically anything now.

I think it's not a bad idea to re-release the classic Sonic games on even not too common platforms. And I gladly welcome any Sonic activity from SEGA which is not related to Boom. Maybe it's not a big step, but it's still not useless.

Bringing it to Apple TV isn't a surprise, but it's about time Sonic 1 was brought to PS4 & Xb1, Steam and Wii U. Surely it would sell well, especially if it's the StealthTax version.