Awoo.

Sonic 25th Anniversary Party - July 22nd; San Diego, CA

Tani Coyote

As announced at the panel today, SEGA America is bringing another community event to the States, presumably the successor to the traditional Sonic Boom event.

Date and Time: July 22nd, 2016 (during SDCC week), 6:00-10:00 PM

Location: House of Blues, 1055 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101

Tickets: Tickets are on sale now for $25 plus a service fee.

Currently, the following are confirmed for the event:

• Musical performances by Crush 40 and Hyper Potions
  • Special guests (currently undisclosed)
  • Exclusive 25th anniversary merchandise, some included in ticket price

Needless to say, I already have my ticket. How about you all?

The choice of the House of Blues during SDCC week naturally appealed to my nostalgia, as Sonic Boom 2012 was my first fan event.

Abandoning the Sonic Boom name was probably for the best to avoid confusion, as well.

• Thumbs Up 4

• The topic was pinned

Man, I would love to go there and seeing how there's a chance that 1100 people are allowed to be in the event, must mean it's going to be huge and it being 4 HOURS LONG?! Suffice to say, that's probably where the big stuff will be revealed if nothing was announced since (which there could be a chance but who knows?). 

I really wish I could there but I don't think I'm in a position to get there so that sucks. But for those who are going, hope you guys have a fun time!

Well, living on another continent is quite a disadvantage now, but I would love to go! I hope some videos will be made on the event to show unlucky people what happened there! Crush 40 performances sounds very great, I hope they also made the music for the 25th Anniversary game, because I think a real Sonic game has to have Crush 40 music! Also, I wouldn't mind some merchandise, but... ugh, maybe someday.

So for everyone who goes, have a great time! And don't forget to report back! ^_^

Living here in Brazil. Probably I can't go. But yeah I'm very happy with this. Crush 40 will play, something that reinforces the Twitter saying the probability of Crush 40 in Sonic 25th. I wish it were as in Summer of Sonic 2011 with Julien-K participation. If I'm not wrong, they have played This Machine and Waking Up and a lot of Music of We're here with you, that was released on 2012.

I'm moving to California within the next few months.

Granted, it's 8 hours away from San Diego, but I still might be able to go! EEEEE

• Thumbs Up 2

Though this one is actually fairly close, I'm not too intrigued, ever since that livestream panel turned out to basically be a feature-length version of the Sonic Twitter, with only some developmental funfacts thrown in as little breadcrumbs. But now I'm more interested that I can get into contact with Izuka.

July 22nd is my birthday. I wouldn't go though, I live on the other side of the country, plus I would rather read about events like this than spend money to go because I'm cheap like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm travelling Australia at the moment, and I'm a UK resident, so no way I can get there. It's a huge shame, I'd love to get in on at least one of the 25th Anniv. events. I'll be watching closely to see how the event goes though!

• 3 weeks later...

^^ Sounding more and more awesome! This is going to be my first visit to San Diego also.. I hear its a nice city but I dong think with Sonic25 and CC I will see much of it.. \m/

• 4 weeks later...

Watch me run,hear me nay nay. Watch me run,run,hear me nay nay.

All joking aside, i probally won't go. Because i can't afford it.

Spoiler

I am a poor,poor,sad man

14 hours ago, Uroxilis said:

i REALLY hope i can make it.

Tickets are all sold out now, I'm afraid! :(

1 hour ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Tickets are all sold out now, I'm afraid! :(

BUUUUT Aaron/Gene are hinting at there could be chances of getting some tickets in the near future.

23 minutes ago, sansy said:

BUUUUT Aaron/Gene are hinting at there could be chances of getting some tickets in the near future.

The entire venue's capacity is 1500, so hmm, that might just happen!

• Thumbs Up 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • 1 month later...