Awoo.

Custom Rankings?

Yoko/葉子

This idea sparked from a status update I recently made.

Would it be able to come up with rankings to go along with our favorite characters in Sonic?

For example: I like Chaos a lot, but he's only available for a member ranking for those with few likes. Or as another member said, Big fans could have Big Adventurer.

Just an idea.

I can understand the sentiment, really, but it would kind of defeat the point of rankings in the first place if you could just make them be whatever you wanted so they wouldn't symbolize anything. I mean, I guess you could have it so you could hover over the character and it would describe what your ranking is or something like that, but I just think it's needlessly complicated. The rankings system isn't supposed to be a big elaborate thing anyway. It should just be something members of this forum take a quick cursory glance at so they can see "such-and-such has a pretty big/pretty small/pretty in-between amount of likes", as well as being a minor point of celebration to members when they move up a ranking, possibly giving them motivation to make quality posts. Your idea could potentially reinforce the latter purpose (it could also do the opposite if a person just decides to make their current ranking have their favorite character), but it would strongly work against the former, so I don't think it's really worth it. If you want to express your love of Chaos, you can always put him in your avatar, signature, member title, etc., so having rankings be customizable too seems a little unnecessary.

• Thumbs Up 6