Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

I like to think that the reason Super Shadow didn't make it to the Space Colony Ark while Super Sonic did was because Shadow was running off of the negative power of the emeralds while Sonic was using the positive energy portion.

They do say in Sonic Adventure that the negative power doesn't tap into the full power of the emeralds like positive feelings do, and we know how Shadow was full of remorse and redemption at that point in time while Sonic's a happy-go-lucky ass mofo haha. His thoughts were giving him less power to sustain himself, especially after that last push with the Chaos Control with Sonic. Makes the most sense to me anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

In the Boom universe, there's far fewer humans than Mobians. This is, plus people hearing a lot of bad things about Bygone Island, is possibly why Eggman is the only human around.

I've had a long time headcanon that Tails gave Amy her Piko Piko Piko, since he had a similar hammer in Tails Adventure. I dunno, I just think that'd be cute. I also headcanon Amy as having some magical abilities. What with the tarot cards, and being able to pull her hammer out of hammer space, and the fact that said hammer produces little hearts when its used. 

9 hours ago, RushFan4Ever said:

I've had a long time headcanon that Tails gave Amy her Piko Piko Piko, since he had a similar hammer in Tails Adventure. I dunno, I just think that'd be cute. I also headcanon Amy as having some magical abilities. What with the tarot cards, and being able to pull her hammer out of hammer space, and the fact that said hammer produces little hearts when its used. 

I dunno. I headcannon that she found the hammer on Little Planet, thus giving maybe mysterious magical origins about it.

• Promotion 1

Infinite is technically Enerjak. 

Let’s say the Phantom Ruby is the fault of the two SGWs and the regular GWs condensing the Archieverse gradually into a single gem. The gem in question was a project of pre-SGW Eggman hat he forgot. This gem probably sapped various other universes until it landed in the clutch of Classic Eggman in white space. Eggman, knowing he had absolutely nothing ehatsoever to live for, gave his life to send it to Angel Island. Meanwhile, on Modern Eggman’s side of things, the effects of Boom Eggman’s final plot resulted in him receiving dozens of Archie and Fleetway blueprints (and maybe stuff from Megaman and even Marvel), and amongst them was the Phantom Ruby, which he got to work on. After dropping the project, the true Ruby lands at his doorstep. Infinite ended up becoming Enerjak using the power. The illusions are actually Prelates, likely of his former Jackal Squad. Eggman, having gained the soul of his pre-SGW and Fleetway incarnata merged into one, decided to use Little Planet as main reactor for his weapon. Knuckles, deep-cover agent, secretly wanted to be Enerjak, and that’s why he led to countless deaths.

and Infinite’s mask is a Kanohi.

• Thumbs Up 2

The reason Sonic wasn't negatively affected by the "torture" he suffered during that six month gap in Forces was because his captors simply weren't very good at it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 3

2 hours ago, Ernest the Snowpanda said:

The reason Sonic wasn't negatively affected by the "torture" he suffered during that six month gap in Forces was because his captors simply weren't very good at it.

That’s good enough not to be headcanon XD

• Thumbs Up 1

While Classic Sonic was in Forces, his world's Tails and Knuckles were going on their own adventures: Sky Patrol, Tails Adventure, and Knuckles' Chaotix. Sonic returned home just in time to cameo in the latter's ending.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Knuckles got tricked a different way in sonic advance 2. He still saw eggman as the enemy but he was overcome by his boss robot and trapped him into the egg saucer while eggman programmed it to fight sonic. The glass couldn't be destroyed from the inside and was sound proof so knuckles couldn't explain what was going on, that's why it looks like he was punching his way out. Eggman used this same tactic in advance 1 to trick sonic into thinking that knuckles went heel but it didn't work.

1451956435785.thumb.png.1d9bc8bb2d97e0b970151f4f1a447aae.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

12 hours ago, A 3 KINGS Heavy engine said:

Knuckles got tricked a different way in sonic advance 2. He still saw eggman as the enemy but he was overcome by his boss robot and trapped him into the egg saucer while eggman programmed it to fight sonic. The glass couldn't be destroyed from the inside and was sound proof so knuckles couldn't explain what was going on, that's why it looks like he was punching his way out. Eggman used this same tactic in advance 1 to trick sonic into thinking that knuckles went heel but it didn't work.

1451956435785.thumb.png.1d9bc8bb2d97e0b970151f4f1a447aae.png

You know, I was just thinking about how random that setup was. Good observation.

• Nice Smile 1

Here are some hobbies that I would like to think that the characters take part in

• Rouge: Intelligence games such as sudoku, brain-teasers, puzzles, etc. 
  • Shadow: Gardening (I could see him making fresh produce).
  • Blaze: I could see her becoming interested in knitting thanks to Vanilla
  • Vector: Sherlock Holmes and other detective novels
  • Cream: World history and archeology later in her life.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some more Sonic headcanons.

• Due to running across the world several times and being exposed to many people from many different cultures, Sonic has become somewhat polyglottal and is capable of speaking several languages with some he's even fluent in. (Japanese being his most fluent besides his naive English)
  • Due to him being mostly raised in the wilderness, Knuckles oftentimes has a lot of trouble adjusting to modern society and even now, he still doesn't understand some things.
  • The reason why Eggman is so obbessed with making amusement parks was because some of his most fond and cherished memories came from amusement parks and Eggman wants to recapture that magic. (Just with his image.)
  • Sonic got his Soap Shoes as a birthday gift from Tails very shortly before the events of Sonic Adventure 2. however he didn't like how they feel on his feet, so he went back to his old shoes shortly after the adventure was over. he still has them though and he might use them again when he feels like it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whoop dee doo! Here come the theories of a seven/eight year old girl with autism.

Sonic got his speed by tripping over a barrel of toxic waste. I illustrated this on Paint around 2010 or so? It was really sucky. Lots of shapes used, and rarely my free hand. You do not wanna see how I drew back then.

Metal brainwashed Amy during Sonic CD. See, when I was younger, I wanted there to be traditionally animated film adaptations of all my favorite Sonic games, and in Sonic CD, Metal would brainwash Amy, as what'd there be to do besides leaving her tied to a pole in Stardust Speedway? I also had a mind control fetish (yup :blushing:) around this time so there's THAT.

Sonic was 10 during the classic era. And 11. But mostly 10. I SWEAR I remember him saying he was 10 in an AoStH episode, but it's probably false memory. IDK, I also read some material from the classic era when I was around seven (going on eight) or so, and I remember it saying he was 10... I knew Amy was 8 during the classic era.

Mina's middle name being Chloe. Chloe was the intended name for Mina, but they changed it due to there already being loads of females with "-e" sounds at the end of their names. So I made Chloe either Mina's real name and Mina being a middle name or nickname, or Mina's middle name.

Those are the only "sane" ones. Amy, Sally, and Mina forming a band is probably out of the ordinary, but BELIEVE ME when I say that was my headcanon for the LONGEST time (and I think it still is).

• Fist Bump 1

5 minutes ago, AzureLakeSanic said:

Sonic was 10 during the classic era. And 11. But mostly 10. I SWEAR I remember him saying he was 10 in an AoStH episode, but it's probably false memory. IDK, I also read some material from the classic era when I was around seven (going on eight) or so, and I remember it saying he was 10... I knew Amy was 8 during the classic era.

I always imagined the characters being around 4 years younger during the classic era.

6 minutes ago, AzureLakeSanic said:

Mina's middle name being Chloe. Chloe was the intended name for Mina, but they changed it due to there already being loads of females with "-e" sounds at the end of their names. So I made Chloe either Mina's real name and Mina being a middle name or nickname, or Mina's middle name.

That's an interesting idea following some trivia.

Nominatus having a relation to this guy: 

(Toonami faithfuls know this one) Because my other headcanon (Swayzak is a Sega character, he's the main character of Rez) is that Swayzak has his own versions of Beta and Retro. 

GODDAMNIT THIS IS THE FIRST TOONAMI RELATED THING I'VE DONE IN 2018, CAN I PLEASE QUIT THAT DAMN FANDOM FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL?!

Okay, so my post is going to be partially headcanon, partially having a gripe against one particular headcanon that seems to crop up in other circles (not seen it so much on SSMB).

The way the Cuteness Proximity trope is liberally applied to Cream is pretty annoying considering I know there's quite a number who consider everyone else in the cast to be weak to her cuteness. It also really cuts down on the dynamics other characters have with Cream 

So here's a list of characters I doubt would have any reaction to Cream's cuteness. 

Vector - Nothing about his conduct the two times he's interacted with her suggests that he's got a weakness against her cuteness. Helps that he both wants to maintain a tough reputation and lives with Charmy which probably makes him immune to any kid's attempt to be cute. He does tend to do free jobs for kids, but I don't think it's because they're cute, I have a headcanon later on for it. 

Espio - He also has to live with Charmy, but his enforced ninja conduct is way stricter than Vector's self-imposed image, so that's even less likely.

Shadow - There were lots of cute kids on the planet he was planning to blow up for Gerald. What made Maria different was the fact she became a sister figure, not her cuteness. Amy reminded him of her words in her demeanour, and Cream could get through to him if she had same conduct. Her cuteness wouldn't be a factor in that.

Omega - Really no. Omega doesn't seem like he could comprehend what cute was, let alone react to it. This is one thing that really drew ire from me in regards to his Archie portrayal. 

Anyone else really - Come to think of it, no one in the game series has really reacted to Cream's cuteness in any way, it's kind of a moot point and it can be assumed that cuteness proximity isn't a thing that exists. I guess that makes the above text a bit pointless, but they are more notable examples.

Aside from that, I have two separate Vector headcanons, and they're both...kinda depressing.

-Vector is generous enough to do jobs for kids for free because he can empathise with their circumstances; they've lost something precious to them, they can't finance a search themselves and their parents likely don't take their upset seriously and would rather just replace the toy like it was nothing. If you want to go even deeper down into it, in my headcanon part of it is influenced by his own childhood experience of being destitute and being just as powerless. 

-Speaking of destitution, it's a major reason his favourite food is bubblegum; it's debatable whether it's food, but it's cheap and it's a commonly said thing that chewing gum staves off hunger cravings (the research suggests that you eat less often but you're more likely to eat junk food when you do, from what little the research correlates currently). Pretty fitting for a starving crocodile. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Personally don't buy that working with Charmy would result in the Chaotix being "immune" to cute. Compared to Cream, he's the polar opposite in personality, and that would hinder him trying to work a cute angle.

Not the biggest fan of Charmy.

• I like to keep the spirit of Vector's original concept art and maintain that he and Sonic are old pals. (and maybe had a band at some point)

I wouldn't put it past Charmy to have tried and exploit his inherent cuteness in the early days of their agency (because a lot of brattish characters, and even real children, try to pull that trick), and that's how they'd develop immunity to it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

The characters are still in their Classic designs and Modern is all just a hallucination. Minus Shadow, Silver, Mephiles, and Infinite. Those characters ACTUALLY EXIST.

Everything is kawaii overload and inner city NY circa 1994 in Station Square, with a dash of suburban Setagaya circa 1971 (DAMN YOU ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS).

And then there's my upcoming SatAM based sprite comic...which is flat out insane headcanons. 

Tails was the true leader of the Resistance and the one who provided the base and Wisp-on technology before failing to save Sonic caused him to simply wonder off and isolate himself.

On 11/24/2017 at 7:40 PM, RedFox99 said:

Dabi-chan, go to your room and think about what you just typed.

You walked right into that one! :joy:

But for real though, the plot point that she avoided crying or most importantly mourn for 10 years and had to deal with placing the responsibilities of a soon-to-be queen on her shoulders is bound to cause some long term psychological issues.

Falling in love with the free as the wind Sonic just inadvertently unearthed her long repressed ability to truly feel, which was arguably that of a 7 year old.