Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

That doesn't have anything to do with chao, though.

Yeah...it doesn't lol.

At most it would point to them having some kind of shared ance  stor , not necessarily chao

That could be the case, yeah. I'd like to see this blob footed ancestor eventually.

...but it's not even that consistent a trait anyway. There are plenty of characters that we've never seen spin, and some that only spin in some games but not others.

There are characters like Big who don't normally spin but have been shown to and Bark, Fang, Bean and Blaze haven't shown the ability, but most of the playable characters in the series have at least been shown to do it. 

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles can spin in all the classics, Fighters, R, Adventure, the Advance games, Heroes, and Rivals 1 & 2. In Adventure 2 Tails is inside his mech the entire time and Knuckles never needs to do it in any of his flat terrain stages I guess, no one is playable in STH besides Shadow and 06 is just a terrible game.

Every playable character can spin in the Advance games, Heroes, the Rivals games and Mania. Everyone besides Charmy and Espio (who like Blaze opts for that tornado spin) can spin in Chaotix.

10 hours ago, MainJP said:

Actually, I remember reading about this same "Mobians are evolved Chao" headcanon here from another user on a different thread back around 2011. I remember saving this idea to my notes on my old phone because I liked it so much.

Here are some similarities between the characters and Chao:

- Blob feet, a feature shared with the Chao. The interesting thing about this is that, as you can see their feet seem to be this way regardless of "species" and aren't from their derived species.

6XJ4Xfw.jpg

- Like Chao, the anthros bodies are made up of simple shapes.

- Anthros like Chao can have inherent powers and abilities.

- Abilities like spin-dashing or homing attack aren't tied to a particular species and can be performed by basically almost anyone.

Most anthros tend to share body types with slight differences, but anthros can share the exact same body type with other "species", with stuff like conjoined eyes seemingly being a common feature:

GFfGaMm.png

Vector, Fang, Bark and Bean, Focke-Wolf (The Blue Wolf, a feature he shares with half-Wolf Fang), Bearenger (Skypatrol, shares this with Bark, another bear) all have conjoined eyes. ( I would say Tiara Boobowsky who's a Mix cat, but she never made it into a game after X-Treme's cancellation, unfortunately )

And of course a feature they all share is the (usually hairless) muzzle. Even a character like Charmy, an insect, shares some features like a muzzle with mammals type anthros:

A3c5gNY.png

Charmy's face heavily resembles Sonic's despite being an arthropod and doesn't possess extra limbs like real bee's.

And the big kicker is probably the fact they can interbreed as evidenced by Fang The Sniper who's canonically a Wolf and Jerboa hybrid. This could give credence to the theory that they aren't really different species per say but are rather one species of beings who simply take on certain traits and features of an animal but still HIGHLY resemble members of other races. Evolved Chao basically.

It's possible the Anthros are the same or similar, we've never seen one pregnant and they lack genitals. Amy in Fighters doesn't appear to wear panties and she just looks like Sonic down there. Knuckles' theme in Adventure has a lyric that says he was "born by himself"...perhaps it's literal.

As for Chao humans? I'd imagine Eggman is one as he shares the noodle limbs with the anthros. I'd imagine Chao humans look like these designs:

When Uekawa designs humans ( Billy Hatcher, Human Sonic ) he tends to use the same design philosophy that uses with Sonic anthro characters unlike the in-game human models:

Uekawa draws them using simple shapes and makes the proportions and design elements roughly in line with 1930s cartoons, like Sonic himself. Eggman is like that with thin or noodle limbs and large hands and feet, and these designs are perfectly in-line with the design of the anthros.

Reveal hidden contents

389.png

6226760_orig.png

1DH3AFP.png

IMO these are the types of human designs that should be used in the games to make the Sonic animals look less alien by comparison. With these designs, they pretty much just look like another species in the world of Sonic and here's what I mean:

Take Bantam, he looks very similar in design to Eggman and Big due to his egg-like body shape and eyes:

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=2017123105040620180310002108!Big_01.png

Rolly Role looks very similar to a character like Cream:

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20171231032023Advance2_Cream.png

I too support this theory. On the Sonic wiki, under the Chao page, there is a description box (you have to scroll down) and in the box it says "A type of creature that can absorb and learn skills and traits from other life-forms, adapting its shape as it does." It's possible that the chao adapted and took on many different forms of animal, with each animal species acting like a race. Evolved chao are the species and hedgehogs would be a race.

• Thumbs Up 3

Classic Sonic considers the Homing Attack dishonorable, hence why he refuses to use it throughout either Mania or Forces.

My best headcanon ever:

CD is tied to Forces not Mania: After Sonic saves Amy, and before cutting the chains to liberate Little Planet, he decides to use its time stones one more time to go to bad future and help Future Sonic defeat Robotnik! And then goes back to the past! Sonic Forces takes place just after the events of Sonic CD from Classic Sonic’s perspective.

Also

Tails lost his last ounce of motivation after Sonic’s presumed death, but Classic Sonic's appearance reminds him of his youth, and how he wanted to be better in the past, so he stops being a wimp and fights again as seen in the IDW comics.

And Mania is unrelated to the timeline, it's its own universe as well with Mania Adventures.

• Chuckle 1

@MainJP I talked about the chao theory on the Sega Forums many years ago...

A couple of additional things about the theory:

Chao have wings AND arms; characters like Rouge have wings AND arms, despite the fact that bats' wings are their arms; some characters who are supposed to be birds, don't even have wings at all (Babylon Rogues).

Emerl and the gizoids may be experiments of "artificial evolved chao" made by the ancients, a study that GUN (mainly Gerald Robotnik) continued on the Space Colony Ark in the far future. When they tried to reproduce Chaos artificially, it may be the moment when they decided to move Project Shadow from Biolizard to an "artificial evolved chao" creature, Shadow (*); this would make Shadow a far descendant of the Gizoids in a way.

now, I'll start a long speculation about species evolution and parallel worlds, sorry 🤣

there are other special animals in the Sonic: flickies are said to come from a different dimension This has never been expanded in other games, and it's only mentioned in Flickies' Island. They apparently can travel through different dimensions, that's probably their power.

Some people once noticed that the Chaos Emeralds in Flickies' Island look suspiciously similar to the Sol Emeralds instead... so, maybe the "flicky dimension" is actually the Sol Dimension? This opens for a lot of more theories....

• Are Flickies the Sol Dimension's equivalent of chao? Or are they just regular animals, but still come from the Sol dimension?
  • It's not clear what happend to Blaze in 06, but some people think that the existence of the Sol Dimension is related to Solaris, that's why Blaze ended in there.
  • If that's true, is the fact that Solaris' final form is shaped like wings a coincidence, or is it related to the flickies in some way, maybe in the same way as Perfect Chaos is related to the chao? Or Babylonians?
  • Are the Babylon Rogues from the Sol Dimension? (there are a couple of hints of this as well, the biggest one is Sky Babylon from Rush Adventure that's basically the parallel version of Sky Sanctuary/Angel Island from Sonic's dimension and that may be connected to the Babylon Garden); They are also all birds.
  • Are the Babylonians, "evolved flickies"? Or are they just "evolved chao" from the Sol Dimension who were shaped like birds because flickies were the main inhabitants of the Sol Dimension at the time?

There are other species of animals in the Sol Dimension, not just birds... (Marine the Raccoon for example); maybe, just like flickies travel to Sonic's dimension, some chao traveled to the Sol Dimension as well... maybe Fang (who is said to come from another dimension) comes from there too. Also, the Sol Dimension seems to be a mirrored version of Sonic's world, a lot of stuff exists in both worlds with little differences, so it's possible that the two dimensions influence each other.

This said, I think that every different world in Sonic has his set of mystical creatures with hidden powers: Sonic's world has chao, the Sol dimension probably has flickies, and Planet Wisp has wisps... maybe those flowers from Little Planet are special beings too?

I suppose Light and Dark Gaia are the equivalent of chao for the human's world (if we consider human's world separate from Sonic's), though they seem to be related to the chaos emeralds as well, since the Gaia temples are actived with chaos emeralds; maybe, human's earth, Sonic's earth and Sol Dimension's earth are just the same place that for some reason got splitted in different dimensions, maybe the ancients are actually involved with this (all their experiments with chaos powers and technology).

Well, technically even Eggman accidentally created another parallel world by using Time Eater and the Phantom Ruby, the Classic dimension/timeline).

(*) Since we're talking about Project Shadow, I think that he's an hedgehog because Gerald found that murale in Hidden Palace where it was represented a profecy of (Super) Sonic fighting Eggman, so Shadow is indirectly based on Sonic, that's why they're so similar.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Blaze ended up in Silver's Future during a battle with Dr. Nega and stayed behind to help protect the people from Iblis.

• Promotion 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Another potential reason for Sonic using a car:

Not mine

Why were Sonic and Tails babies at the same time

• Chuckle 1

20 hours ago, Razule said:

Why were Sonic and Tails babies at the same time

I'm more bothered by Sonic's mom having a visible neck and a collarbone.

uAaMV2O.png

Ewww...

Here’s a headcanon about Archie’s “Genesis” reality (from 226-229):

Sally was, indeed, still a princess in this timeline, but she kept it a secret from her teammates. If the timeline had remained permanently, there would have eventually come a time where her teammates find out this fact.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

12 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Not mine

Um...okay....

Who is that supposed to be driving, btw?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Um...okay....

I'm assuming a fan version of his mom. 

Related to a status I posted last night:

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=926196&type=status

I’m fully aware it was not something that actually happened/dub only, but it makes sense that if it did happen, Infinite would probably be more likely to do the deed behind Eggman’s back. Granted Eggman is aware, but he probably doesn’t give a toss since he’s not the one doing it.

• Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm assuming a fan version of his mom. 

Oooh! 

Damn shonen anime, with your 10yo main characters and 18yo moms!

1 minute ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Related to a status I posted last night:

Frankly speaking in regards to Forces, while I do think Eggman himself would find the idea of intentionally torturing Sonic to be too personal and messy for someone like himself (since he no doubt considers himself too sophisticated and above that sort of thing, and he would probably prefer to torment Sonic psychologically via showing the world being conquered and taunting Sonic about his failure), I do actually think that INFINITE would probably be a more likely candidate to resort to torture, considering his sadism and it could tie in with his background as a mercenary. Plus just because Eggman doesn't like the idea of torture doesn't mean that he cares if someone ELSE does the torturing.

I’m fully aware it was not something that actually happened, but it makes sense that if it did happen, Infinite would probably be more likely to do the deed behind Eggman’s back. Granted Eggman is aware, but he probably doesn’t give a toss since he’s not the one doing it.

Or, you know, Zavok could've done it, but now I'm admittedly imagining him and Infinite tagging on the latter's offtime.

Just now, DabigRG said:

Oooh! 

Damn shonen anime, with your 10yo main characters and 18yo moms!

Or, you know, Zavok could've done it, but now I'm admittedly imagining him and Infinite tagging on the latter's offtime.

Zavok was an illusion, so it’s still technically Infinite.

• Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Zavok was an illusion, so it’s still technically Infinite.

I know, it's just...yeah.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Um...okay....

15 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Not mine

It it Sonic's mother from the Legacy Webcomic?

I love how this one shows Classic Sonic IS younger Sonic.

18 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Not mine

That fanmade version looks awfully lot like a certain pink gerbil, so I'll throw this headcanon: Sonic and Amy are actually siblings, but neither of them know that they're related. >: 3

• Nice Smile 1

Marine is actually from the Echidna era. 

Given the Sol Dimension interfaces with the present though the inhabitants were from the future, than theoretically it could encompass the past. Marine also has a strange connection to ki and water, maybe related to Chaos? Her obsession with technology stems from being starved of this mysterious stuff back then. 

Sonic lost all respect for Eggman after he hogged Amy’s energy and mutinied him

Given how badly Eggman betrayed not only Sonic but the whole planet in Lost World and was seemingly content to rule over a lifeless rock, Sonic Lost major respect for him, and then remembered the time he tried to wipe Sonic out of time. Sonic realized Eggman had become the very image of his grandfather, if not worse, and had less of an excuse for his omnicidal behavior. Eggman officially became something Sonic truly hated once he took over in Forces. He has pointed out that Eggman has become just like Gerald, but Eggman forgot about Gerald.

Had he survived, Gerald would have gone on to wanting to wipe out ALL life, not just humanity

The black arms were the ones that indirectly led to the death of Maria. Eventually he’d take his rage out on them. Probably either using the Eclipse Cannon (or even a line of them) wantonly, or busting out Solaris and co to wipe existence clean.

• Nice Smile 1

Here's a headcanon: Big is a god in the Sonic universe.

No, I'm not talking about those other small time gods and deities. No, Big is THE god who created the realm of the Sonic franchise. He also crafted the seven Chaos Emeralds, infussing them with but a bit of his immense power, and mandated for these mystical gems to scatter across the world, awaiting for those who would be worthy of them and grant them a fighting chance against any evil force that might arise.

At one point, Lord Big took under his wing a talented young anthropomorphic frog named Kaeru-kun as his disciple and eventual successor for when the time came for Big to leave this realm and ascend to a higher plane of existance. The two of them were not only master and apprentice, but also very close friends.

Unfortunately, the young frog was soon seduced by the lust of power and greed, as he saw how he could use Lord Big's knowledge to advance his own ambitions. His heart was so twisted by these foul thoughts that he decided to betray his mentor and friend, catching Lord Big off-guard as he, along with an army of echidnas led by that war-mongering bastard Pachamac, stormed the holy grounds by the shore of Never Lake and imprisioned Lord Big within a small Planet that was submerged within the depths of Never Lake.

After this fatidic day, an era of terror followed, as Kaeru-kun had conquered the world. However, this was not enough for him... he wanted more. Soon, he placed his sights on the entire cosmos.

Meanwhile, Lord Big remain imprisioned until his homie Light Gaia came to his help and help him escape towards a remote uncharted island where it was said to once been inhabited by angels. It is here where Lord Big began the task of forging the Master Emerald, a gem that had a very peculiar ability that would help turn the tide of the war to come: it could nullify the power of the Chaos Emeralds. Legends say that the epic task took Lord Big 10,000 years to complete, but once he had the Master Emerald finished, he knew that the time to confront Kaeru-kun had come at last.

Millions of brave souls rallied behind Lord Big, many of who escaped the tiranny of Kaeru-kun from far away galaxies. The following war was of such a magnitude that no words of mine could ever describe it's epic scale, nor fit on this post. It involved the entire universe and decimated 90% of the sentient life.

In the end, Lord Big defeated his fallen disciple in a battle of gods, thanks to the Master Emerald which stripped the Chaos Emeralds that Kaeru-kun stole from all of their power. Lord Big knew that Kaeru-kun was to face justice by his hand, but as he was about to land the killing blow, something within Lord Big stopped him from taking Kaeru-kun's life... It was the memories of their friendship... the bond that still existed between them. 

In his immense compassion, Lord Big decided to revert Kaeru-kun to a less evolved form, one that held no ambitions, no greed... no evil. 

Using his magical powers, Lord Big turned Kaeru-kun into a small, non-sentient frog and gave him a new name: Froggy.

Now, Lord Big lives a simple life, far away from civilization, enjoying his days as he fishes along his buddy Froggy.

Saddly, Pachamac survived and, after rebuilding the echidna civilization, would try to get his foul paws on the legendary emeralds, unknowingly leading his people to their doom.

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

Shadow spent much of the Ruby War trying to combat and find a way to deal with the Phantom Ruby's power, struggling to actually do so on a least one significantly tedious occasion.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

My headcanon regarding Professor Gerald Robotnik was that he was a kind and genuinely benevolent man wanting to do his utmost to benefit humanity with his research.... who also happened to have an almost catastrophic level of cheerfully absent-minded carelessness and lack of caution or basic health and safety.

If you actually look at his record of what went on in the ARK, it’s slightly disconcerting how many of his experiments to benefit humanity went horribly awry in some way, and I can’t help but imagine him being this well meaning crazy scientist enthusiastically sticking his fingers into the electrical socket of knowledge for science.

I can totally see him having the same approach to safety as Stanford “I'll keep this artifact that could wreck the universe on me in this cheap plastic case" Pines of Gravity Falls fame - I'm pretty sure that's why he's on the ARK in the first place, that GUN wanted him to do his world-changing research... but wanted him to do it as far away as possible so that the inevitable misfires caused as little property damage as possible. And so put him in low orbit.

I mean, can you imagine how his funding meetings must have gone?

GUN administrator: "So Gerald.... I hear there've been a few... issues on the ARK?"

Gerald Robotnik: "Oh, you mean that robot that wrecked most of the colony? He was an ancient automaton from the Fourth Great Civilisation, so advanced and potent that I theorised he may have actually been the cause of that civilisation’s destruction!"

GUN admin: "And so you...?"

Gerald: "I switched it on, plugged in a Chaos Emerald, showed it my weapons collection and gave it sentience."

GUN admin: "Uh... okay... I hear that Project Shadow is doing well though?"

Gerald: "Oh yes! I've managed to overcome the final research hurdles and have almost fully completed the ultimate lifeform!  We, uh, may want to think about collecting the seven Chaos Emeralds in the next fifty years or so though?"

GUN admin: "Oh....?"

Gerald: "I finished the project by extracting the DNA from an immortal alien in exchange for providing him with the Chaos Emeralds and allowing his people to harvest the human race in fifty years time."

GUN admin: "I - you what?!"

Gerald: "Oh don't worry, it's fine! I converted the ARK into a huge planet destroying laser we can use to stop them."

GUN admin: *eye twitch*

Gerald: "Just plug in the Chaos Emeralds and it's good to go, we’ll be perfectly safe! Er, speaking of safety... is there any chance we could have a few more GUN troopers on the ARK, please? I created some artificial lifeforms using the DNA of an entity known as the God of Destruction and a few might have got.... loose, possibly? Just an FYI."

GUN admin: *stares*

Gerald: "Do you think I'll be able to keep my current funding level?"

.....at which point GUN went “Nope" and came up with the plan to shutdown the ARK and frame Gerald for causing an accident, as that was apparently completely believable with his track record.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1