Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

Eggman doesn’t really bring out his A-game in most of the spinoffs. In fact, he often improvises and makes do with what’s on hand. 

He also has a hobby of bungee jumping, which is where he got the idea for the Phantom Egg. 

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

This one just came to me as I looked back on Sonic the Fighters, but where Sonic has the Tornado to get him around, I'd like to think that Amy has the magic carpet that made up her stage in Sonic the Fighters to get around.

• Nice Smile 1

57 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

This one just came to me as I looked back on Sonic the Fighters, but where Sonic has the Tornado to get him around, I'd like to think that Amy has the magic carpet that made up her stage in Sonic the Fighters to get around.

That'd be kinda fun.

Ever since Stan Lee’s death, Sonic has wanted to become a comic book writer. 

Several past characters exist in IDW as works of in-universe fiction. Conversely, one surviving, twisted and warped sector of the second multiverse (Post-SGW) has had a number of the Sonic characters who were fictitious in-universe exist as real beings. 

Individual Bubbles and Two Worlds are somehow both valid simultaneously. There’s multiple animal worlds, which is why Lost World doesn’t really have a resemblance nor connection to the Genesis games, for example. Or, Forces, as an individual bubble, has Two Worlds, some other bubbles have both in one world or no humans at all other than Eggman (unless perhaps their Eggman invaded ala Fleetway’s version.)

Shrotly before the events of Forces, Eggman discovered the he was terminally ill. This prompted him to go all-out at that point, as he didn’t have much left to live for and would at least die happily.

Actually, Sonic, being a long-time admirer of the works of Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, has quite a few opinions on Stan Lee!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sometime after SA1, Sonic gave the Tornado 1 to Tails as a birthday present. He figured he had no personal use for it anymore, and knew Tails always admired it, despite having built superior planes.

All three DLC levels of Lost World are "canon"; one night, Wizeman accidentally dragged Sonic into the dream world during his latest scheme. After disposing of him and being sent back by NiGHTS, Sonic experienced a strange side effect of dreaming about his old Nintendo buddies every night until he left Lost Hex, thus getting out of Wizeman's range.

Big is actually an incredible driver, but outside of the occasional racing game, he never really does it due to his preference of keeping things slow. If the other heroes weren't all so dang fast and needed a getaway driver, Big would be the ideal candidate.

• Nice Smile 1

Shadow has such a connection to the Chaos Emerald, to where each emerald supplies him with a new power.

Green emerald gives him Chaos Control, red emerald gives him Chaos Blast, blue emerald gives him Chaos Speed, and the yellow emerald gives him Chaos Spear.

Whatever powers the other emeralds provide Shadow are unknown.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman’s bosses in Mania were originally designed as teaching materials. Such as the DD Wrecker being a perpetual motion machine. Press Garden was also originally a teaching facility, or a mill to print learning materials.  Eggman’s teaching plans were abandoned when he found the Phantom Ruby. 

Wispons involve Sonic’s very DNA in their construction, with tissue grown throughout the gun’s rear, along with some Wisp tissue culture to fuel the gun. It was in fact Eggman who made them, which is why a Void one exists. 

I'm getting strange with this one but, I'm currently thinking that Amy can't achieve a super form with the Chaos Emeralds because her power set is too different. Where the Chaos Emeralds turn thoughts into power, which works with Sonic's self-confidence and belief in himself, Amy's thoughts seem to manifest as illusions that she can use for nearly any purpose (her hammer and attacks from Sonic the Fighters being prime examples of her ability though summoning a Sonic illusion in Battle also is another good example as well as her invisibility in 06). Considering this trend with her character it is far more likely that for Amy to achieve a super state she would need a similar power type to boost herself with so my current head canon is that for Amy to achieve a super form she would need to use the Phantom Ruby which like her own abilities seems to turn thoughts into tangible illusions.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

I'm getting strange with this one but, I'm currently thinking that Amy can't achieve a super form with the Chaos Emeralds because her power set is too different. Where the Chaos Emeralds turn thoughts into power, which works with Sonic self-confidence and belief in himself, Amy's thoughts seem to manifest as illusions that she can use for nearly any purpose (her hammer and attacks from Sonic the Fighters being prime examples of her ability though summoning a Sonic illusion in Battle also is another good example as well as her invisibility in 06). Considering this trend with her character it is far more likely that for Amy to achieve a super state she would need a similar power type to boost herself with so my current head canon is that for Amy to achieve a super form she would need to use the Phantom Ruby which like her own abilities seems to turn thoughts into tangible illusions.

That could prove potentially interesting.

Eggman is actually a puppet of G.U.N. His schemes are secretly funded by the government of the United Federation. The havoc he routinely causes around the world serves as justification for G.U.N.'s global military presence, thus ensuring the United Federation's status as the world's sole superpower.

They know Sonic will never actually take Eggman out for good, so they keep him around to serve as a safe, non-threatening symbol of "resistance" to keep Eggman "in check". Sonic is in fact not a great hero, but an unwilling pawn of the UF's complex geopolitical strategy to maintain a unipolar system.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

After the death of Stephen Hillenberg, Amy has considered marine biology, or an ALS/Pneumonia fund. 

Sonic is strongly in favor of regime change in Saudi Arabia, which is a problem for Tails, who has millions invested in Saudi oil.

Mobian lungs in the Fleetway continuity always have an even number of lobes. 

A “fossil record” of past Sonic universes exists. It’s still having things discovered there to this day, even after the recent die-offs. This preserve of history long-gone is at the bottom of the Sonic multiverse. 

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Mobian lungs in the Fleetway continuity always have an even number of lobes.

...that’s oddly specific.

Eggman’s Interstellar Amusement Park and Eggmanland are one and the same. Hence why Forces never gives it a mention; it was sucked into the black hole. 

Sonic DOES in fact have parents. They live on Christmas Island. They want their son to go to college but every time they bring it up to him he just says "I JUST GOTTA KEEP MOVING" and runs out of the house. Sonic doesn't really have any concrete academic or career goals, but he is slowly realizing that his current lifestyle isn't sustainable, so he'll have to deal with that eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

The wars in Mirage Island Re-ignited after the Dark Gaia incident. Eggman put an end to the war again using the Death Egg 2, eerily matching an old prophecy from the height of the war, a derviative of the Angel Island dragon’s egg prophecy. By the time of Silver’s future, the islands have split again. 

8 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

The wars in Mirage Island Re-ignited after the Dark Gaia incident. Eggman put an end to the war again using the Death Egg 2, eerily matching an old prophecy from the height of the war, a derviative of the Angel Island dragon’s egg prophecy. By the time of Silver’s future, the islands have split again. 

...Mirage island?