Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

Eggman Headcanons:

- The Robotnik family was from Sonic's version of the Iron Curtain. Gerald in his younger days was a prodigy who defected to GUN/Whatever the West Analogue Is. This played a role in the mess that led to his and Maria's deaths, as there was either a part of GUN or one of its client countries who was suspicious of Gerald thanks to his heritage.

-Eggman in his younger days was bitter at his grandfather and cousin's deaths, but tried to move past it. He made a reputation for himself by founding his own, rather sucessful, business that dealt in appliances (that would grow into Robotnik Corp.). He even got married. This didn't last, as GUN's actions through the decades and other things Eggman judged to be problems contined to get at him. One day he arranged a little terrorist attack on a GUN linked facility that wasn't linked to him, but Eggman confessed to his wife. She was both scared and furious her husband would do such a thing, they had a nasty fight, and the pregnant (unknown to The Doctor) Mrs. Robotnik deserted him. With nothing holding Eggman back now, he went full throttle on his crusade.

-Early in his crusade, where he didn't have the resources and territory he has now Eggman went by pseudonyms. Eggman was one of them, and the one that stuck by the longest until he embraced it.

-Eggman's egg symbolism has nothing to do with his looks or how tasty they are. It's from how eggs are a symbol of unlimited potential.

-Eggman actually does rule chunks of the world in the games. He operates in third world or desolated areas as the local strongman.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

On 9/11/2017 at 6:42 AM, PanicPuppet388 said:

I never think about headcanon that much, so a lot of these I recently came up with and immediately loved.

• Eggman enjoys Egyptology and admires how advanced the ancient civilization was. His wants is to go down in history as the man who topped the pyramids with his Empire.

• Eggman's goggles were a gift from his grandfather he found prior to reading Gerald's diary. So he wears them as tribute since SA1.

• Sonic and Knuckles have a complicated bromance-like relationship.
  • Amy and Knuckles see each other as close friends who do well together in combat.
  • Knuckles deeply cares for Amy and her safety, in turn Amy's usually able to calm Knuckles down if he's angry or provoked.
  • Amy wishes Sonic was as self-disciplined as Knuckles.
  • Sonic admires Amy's seemingly-endless perseverance.  
  • Knuckles doesn't wear socks; he finds them too constrictive. (The green parts of his shoes never looked like socks to me; unlike Sonic or Tails')

Heh heh heh, good one. If anything it's Sonic who's more self composed and well mannered compared to Knuckles.

My Shadow head cannon on Shadow's POV on the Sonic cast.

Him and Sonic are rivals, till the day they die(which is impossible for Shadow unless he's killed) in his mind. Sonic and him make everything a fierce battle and makes it clear Sonic's duty as a hero of earth is on his hands because Shadow needs Sonic to grow stronger from countless adventures for him and Sonic to fight and prove their speed and power, Shadow outside of that thinks of Sonic as a idiotic and foolish loser, who has a unbearable ego on him which he will be glad to humble him with extreme prejudice. Shadow respects Sonic only because he views him as his eternal equal matching wits with him and skills, Sonic earned his gratitude for the ark fiasco in SA2 as well.

Shadow truly respects Eggman(and looks after him in memory to his creator upholding his grandsons legacy) and instead of looking put him away forever like Sonic and friends want to or kill him for absolute peace, doesn't make it a issue in him conquering the world and is neutral at the Doctors attempts when he does find success in it, he watches over Eggman fighting Sonic with a neutral stance of the victor and wouldn't mind Eggman conquering over Sonic. the doctor can rule the earth but Shadow will advise him over the shadows to make sure he doesn't abuse his power.

Shadow views Tails as a Naive young boy who is a lesser peer in scientific prowess compared to Eggman, and is noticeably indifferent to him because he's Sonic's best friend   and has no interest in a Sonic fanboy like him, in some cases he will tolerate him over sonic and knuckles as conversational ally due to having creditable and mature stances on situations he will find useful to himself.

Knuckles is a stupid idiot not worthy of his concentration(outside of battle), and makes it clear in his mind  he's not a match for him as a true equal to Sonic while he may or may not be allies.

Amy Rose is a like Tails, tolerant but apathetic to her and her fangirl love to Sonic(maybe more annoyed to Amy than to Tails), remembers her as a asset to his mid life crisis on the ark and deeply feels thankful for her words but has no real interest from then on and considers her a burden not worthy in battle based teamwork to Sonic and his two dorky pals.

Puts down and Condescends to the chaotix because they are pathetic shady morons and money grubbing weaklings, though he has a tsundere small respect to Espio and a smaller respect being a big brother to Charmy.

Him and Rouge are two peas in a pods and Shadow is the Pea plus Pod that doesn't need her peas(not all the time), worthy of his respect and somewhat friendship due to showing guts to him and eggman on the ark, his ultimate support and information hub for team dark, and basically she's the only one who is compatiable with his ruthless and callous ways in achieving his tasks. Rouge is his second in command and has the best chemistry of all the Sonic duo dynamics because they have the most mature viewpoints and realistic perspectives to achieving goals. She is the Tails of Shadow's Sonic only she's a total badass.

Omega provides Shadow the muscle and the mercilessness, they are a perfect fighting force because they put everything in mowing down anything in their path with no remorse,. Omega should be like Tails is to Sonic as a brother relationship, than Rouge personally. Rouge doesn't have the hatred or wrath of Shadow and Omega nor their pure power, plus she's more a coordinator than a family to the destroying weapons. Omega shares all of Shadow's views on a basic level of devastating and lethal means and he's obedient to Shadow by default.  

Silver was Shadow's true ally in 06, I think he sympathizes with Silver's honesty and earnest discipline of completing missions that could destroy time or the future, unlike Sonic he's not a easy going goofball who takes hardly anything seriously, he actually shows great maturity and composure in interacting with people about missions, I think Shadow and him would be great friends, and I could see Shadow taking a mentorship with Silver to sharpen his edges in battle, wisdom and effectiveness in reading the situation. He's find his naive sense of misinterpreting bothersome though. 

Blaze might be offended by his haughty arrogance and coldness, Shadow himself would view her too indecisive and not worth her time. Eventually they'd respect each others traits and strict determination, and find each other worthy opponents to each other.

Omochao gets a CHAOS SPEAR!!!

Cream is the only one Shadow won't be openly hostile, little girls to Shadow seem to have a soft spot for the Ultimate Lifeform.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Heh heh heh, good one. If anything it's Sonic who's more self composed and well mannered compared to Knuckles.

Sonic_X_issue_12_page_1.thumb.jpg.c40d982cc68b7400a25f775b2040ccb5.jpg

Sonic_X_issue_12_page_2.thumb.jpg.f929fcf4c9b12bb1df0e88aafabdf13e.jpg

Could Sonic handle being able to stay in one place for dedicated periods of time, with no guarantee of action or excitement? Not likely.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shadow's ambidextrous (ultimate life form and all that), but prefers to use his left hand. In his game, both in gameplay and cutscenes, he shoots left handed, and usually leads punches or kicks with his left.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rotor's a big fan of zombie flicks, Tails really likes shonen anime, and Eggman binge watches romantic soap opera dramas.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

11 hours ago, PanicPuppet388 said:

Sonic_X_issue_12_page_1.thumb.jpg.c40d982cc68b7400a25f775b2040ccb5.jpg

Sonic_X_issue_12_page_2.thumb.jpg.f929fcf4c9b12bb1df0e88aafabdf13e.jpg

Could Sonic handle being able to stay in one place for dedicated periods of time, with no guarantee of action or excitement? Not likely.

Based on the games though? Knuckles is the rash and impulsive one, Sonic is the relaxed one.

• Promotion 1

14 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Based on the games though? Knuckles is the rash and impulsive one, Sonic is the relaxed one.

Okay... but I said Knuckles' self-discipline. Being able to sit and guard the Master Emerald for days, to weeks, to months is something Amy wishes Sonic could do in terms of taking it slow and easy; say for a walk or a date. It has nothing to do with rash behavior, manners, or a relaxed attitude.

• Thumbs Up 3

Another one is that Iizuka's junk about Sonic's World and the Human World being seperate is to be ignored since it does not at all fit with the series as of Sonic Unleashed (where the backstories of the games point to humans and anthros having longed shared the same world).

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎20‎.‎9‎.‎2017 at 2:35 AM, Dash Speed said:

My avatar begs to differ.

And yeah, gameswise, at least Knux has the patience guarding his stone on his isle in the skies. Sonic would've ran over the cliff in boredom and splatted to the ground many times already I suppose.

What a glorious hedgie splat that'd be, I've seen enough overrun hedgies to figure most of it out mentally.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

And yeah, gameswise, at least Knux has the patience guarding his stone on his isle in the skies. Sonic would've ran over the cliff in boredom and splatted to the ground many times already I suppose.

well, he does seem to have some experience doing so

• Nice Smile 1

7 minutes ago, NikoS said:

well, he does seem to have some experience doing so

Well... that looks a lot more cleaner than the idea I had but well, I suppose I was setting my hopes "up way too high".

After all, the living's in the way Sonic dies at this going... :D

Anyone guesses where that came from... B)

• Chuckle 1

On 9/6/2017 at 6:42 AM, VEDJ-F said:

When Espio is a bit older, he'll start wearing a ninja scarf. 

...I think that's the smallest headcanon I've ever had. 

I kinda like this one! And he also will eventually wear a black bandana over his eyes when he becomes an adult. 

Also, one of the territories Eggman does rule is called Toreggmania. Hence he was actually right when impersonating King Doc. Toreggmania might even be akin to Latveria from the Marvel Comics, an isolated little nation ruled by a big man.

Mobian skeletons are hydrostatic rather than those of vertebrates. It explains a lot, from their negative buoyancy to their self-preservation in space. 

• Nice Smile 1

On 9/23/2017 at 11:09 AM, BlueSky said:

My avatar begs to differ.

What a glorious hedgie splat that'd be, I've seen enough overrun hedgies to figure most of it out mentally.

One could argue that Sonic takes it slow...when he's sleeping half of his time away in Sonic X!  Every other shot was Sonic finding the best spot to sleep in that show it seemed...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

8 hours ago, rosedust said:

my new hot take: theyre all gay... mind blown.

Are you referring to all casts in here? :huh: Or just in one group or something, I need to think about this if it's the before over latter... I possibly couldn't take it all in one sweep.

57 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Are you referring to all casts in here? :huh: Or just in one group or something, I need to think about this if it's the before over latter... I possibly couldn't take it all in one sweep.

every single one

9 minutes ago, rosedust said:

every single one

Oh gee, that'd be awkward... after all there is a married couple in the comics... actually... aren't there more when it comes to the side-sidecharacters?

Yup, this is awkward. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

Oh gee, that'd be awkward... after all there is a married couple in the comics... actually... aren't there more when it comes to the side-sidecharacters?

Yup, this is awkward. :ph34r:

Those ones are bisexual.

Boom, problem solved.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Polkadi said:

Those ones are bisexual.

Boom, problem solved.

Weel actually, that'd work just fine. I've actually this thing where I don't really ponder about the sexuality of fictional characters too much. If I think about it I settle with a default of them being "prolly bi", it just makes my life so much more easier after all and doesn't really cut any possibilities for my "logical approaches around matters at hand".

See, the linguistic problem I have with the word "gay" is that I always take it, by default, as a meaning for people liking the same gender they are. As in, they're homo/lesbian people.

Yeah, I know it's silly but I suppose it's partly because my native language has pretty much adopted different words for each sexuality, I can't recall anything compared to "gay" per se, unless people use it instead and then I have this problem again... I don't really hang out in groups where term gay is used so much I'd get used to it meaning others than just homos/lesbians.

I don't even know for sure if there's any really Finnish term for sexualities, the ones used nowadays are loanwords after all... oh, there's one word for homos I'm not certain about, I can't get from where it could've come from so it could be or it could not...

After finding out in generations that he will never beat sonic, classic eggman, after he returned to his own timeline, starting back in sonic 1,  in every bad ending you got in the classic games, used the chaos emeralds to quietly boost his strength so he could endure more pain of his machines blowing up.

that's why he can punch trains and take propellers to the head with no problems.

• Thumbs Up 2