Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

4 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

That’s part of BaronGrackle’s theory above. 

Well, if that crackpot theory were true, then the Little Planet and Death Egg seen in S4E2 would've just been illusions the Phantom Ruby created experimentally before deleting them and trying again with Generations and Mania.

My head hurts again.

• Fist Bump 1

The Badniks were actually constructed for labor as opposed to combat. Which explains why many have one or less weapon, and their dorky appearances n’ crazy specialization. Motobugs? Weed removal and digging holes in the soil. Roller? A steam-roller. Burrobot? Both mining tunnels in rock and... well... carrying stuff. (It is a BURRObot, after all) Coconuts? Pruning trees. Grabber? Lifting toxic materials and Badniks to designated areas. Flasher? Gotta keep a good light on for the workers. Ribbot? Pounding materials flat, and also as a sort of baton-wielder for his ships. Spikebonker? A screwdriver to drill in bolt after nut after screw. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

21 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The Badniks were actually constructed for labor as opposed to combat. Which explains why many have one or less weapon, and their dorky appearances n’ crazy specialization. Motobugs? Weed removal and digging holes in the soil. Roller? A steam-roller. Burrobot? Both mining tunnels in rock and... well... carrying stuff. (It is a BURRObot, after all) Coconuts? Pruning trees. Grabber? Lifting toxic materials and Badniks to designated areas. Flasher? Gotta keep a good light on for the workers. Ribbot? Pounding materials flat, and also as a sort of baton-wielder for his ships. Spikebonker? A screwdriver to drill in bolt after nut after screw. 

I don't think this is so much as headcanon as just something that's never explicitly mentioned. Lots of enemies in the games have obvious functional purposes beyond just combat. You're reaching with some of those, but Burrobots are obviously built for mining and other enemies have been shown to be practical. Hey Ho is chopping down the forests of Mushroom Hill, a Madmole (or something similar) pilots Flying Battery and in Generations/Colours we see plenty of Egg Pawns doing manual labour off in the background. 

640?cb=20111123022457

It's not true for every badnik and robot though, even in the older games. Especially as far as the narrative is concerned, Eggman needs soldiers.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 1/27/2018 at 1:08 AM, A person, that exists said:

-Eggman actually rebuilds his old badniks into house-cleaning machines. His personal favorite is the Splatz/vacuum cleaner, which he refers to as "Dust Bunny".

-The sanic t-shirt in Forces is actually just a bootleg dollar-store version of an existing Sonic t-shirt, but the Avatar likes it regardless.

-Despite being called Cheese, Cheese the chao actually hates cheese.

-Big the cat is not stupid, it's just that he's constantly thinking about something, and is too distracted to say any normal replies. Whenever he's not thinking, he's actually pretty talkative, but only Amy and Cream know that, cos they're the only ones who actually hang out with him regularly.

-Despite being all badass, Shadow actually likes playing the violin.

-There are eight emeralds in Fighters, because whenever Eggman copies a character, he also copies the emerald the character's holding. However, the 8th emerald was destroyed with the death egg mkII.

-Chemical Plant is located in Grand Metropolis.

Shadow does play the violin in my headcanon too. 

Infinite likes toast

Amy, Sally, and Mina like to sing and together formed a girl group

Shadow's design in Boom was just him having a bad hair day (Sonic actually styles his spines like that in Boom canon)

Lyric is a goddamn beatnik

Silver gets fleas often

Silver is also rich

Infinite isn't scared of anything except for his face being ruined (he is narcissistic)

Infinite was in a club called the D Club (NOT THAT ONE) when he was younger

• Nice Smile 1

-Lyric despises social interactions IRL, but is talkative as hell on the internet. 

-AOSTH is actually just Sonic's bad drug trip, that he had after visiting the Lost Hex.

-Eggman is scared of the dark, so whenever he goes to bed, one of his badniks stands next to him to give a sense of security.

-The wisps taste like squids.

-Bean owns a dynamite factory, but has no idea how the heck dynamite is made. 

Eggman's Space Park was inspired by Twinkle Park's outer space aesthetic and his earlier conquest of Miracle Planet.

Charmy has a stinger because he's transgender.

Shadow looks like Sonic because some of his DNA comes from one of Sonic's ancestors.

Ever since his first adventure on Earth's surface, Knuckles has been having doubts about whether guarding the Master Emerald is worth self-imposed exile on a remote island.

5 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Charmy has a stinger because he's transgender.

...What.

Shadow looks like Sonic because some of his DNA comes from one of Sonic's ancestors.

Oh foq, they are brothers! ]

086dde771048fcf9a1ea84a00600de97.jpg

Ever since his first adventure on Earth's surface, Knuckles has been having doubts about whether guarding the Master Emerald is worth self-imposed exile on a remote island.

Wasn't that basically the Book End monologue of his story in Adventure 1?

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...What.

A stinger is a bee's ovipositor, that's why only workers and queens have them. Charmy uses male pronouns, making him a drone. The only way this would make sense is if he was AWAB (Assigned Worker At Birth).

Oh foq, they are brothers! ]

086dde771048fcf9a1ea84a00600de97.jpg

I meant the DNA that makes him a hedgehog. It can't all have come from Black Doom.

Wasn't that basically the Book End monologue of his story in Adventure 1?

Is that what he was talking about?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Personal notes of Knuckles the Echidna

Times I was guarding Angel Island and the Master Emerald wasn't stolen: 

* None

Times I was guarding Angel Island and the Master Emerald was stolen anyway:

* S3&K Sonic's story

* S3&K my story

* Sonic Adventure

* Sonic Adventure 2

Times I was out adventuring and saved the Master Emerald from being stolen anyway:

* Knuckles Chaotix

* Sonic Mania

Times I was out adventuring and the Master Emerald wasn't even threatened:

* All the rest of my game appearances

I have considered reevaluating my duties.

• Chuckle 2

24 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

A stinger is a bee's ovipositor, that's why only workers and queens have them. Charmy uses male pronouns, making him a drone. The only way this would make sense is if he was AWAB (Assigned Worker At Birth).

It's what now?

25 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

I meant the DNA that makes him a hedgehog. It can't all have come from Black Doom.

Shh! Don't ruin the joke! :lol: 

25 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Is that what he was talking about?

Initially at least. He notes that he doesn't know why he was left to guard over it and questions if he'll be duty bound to do so isolated from the rest of the world forever.

32 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

It's what now?

Basically a vagina.

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 1

Staci has been hired by Candy as a model and singer for her commercials. 

Mina is a world-famous popstar in the post-SGW timeline. She's also a spokesperson for Honey Clothing.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Hope is still related to Snivley post-SGW and is studying either to be a nurse or a zoologist (which I wonder if it Would including studying about Mobians).

• Nice Smile 1

On 3/4/2018 at 6:16 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

Mina is a world-famous popstar in the post-SGW timeline. She's also a spokesperson for Honey Clothing.

Would she have enough time to sing with Amy and Sally?

Anyway, Infinite vapes and uses eye drops.

Egg Gauntlet is the classic equivalent to E.G.G. Station in the modern world. They were both boss rush areas. Boss Attack is also located within the Gauntlet. Classic characters use the Boss Attack as a training room. Egg Gauntlet is indeed shaped like a gauntlet, one of Julian’s. 

A second Crimson Eye was constructed by Modern Eggman with Classic’s help, to try and rescue the other Classic Eggman, who had sent the Ruby in the first place.

45 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Egg Gauntlet is the classic equivalent to E.G.G. Station in the modern world. They were both boss rush areas. Boss Attack is also located within the Gauntlet. Classic characters use the Boss Attack as a training room. Egg Gauntlet is indeed shaped like a gauntlet, one of Julian’s. 

A second Crimson Eye was constructed by Modern Eggman with Classic’s help, to try and rescue the other Classic Eggman, who had sent the Ruby in the first place.

...What are referencing exactly?

On 3/13/2018 at 7:39 PM, DabigRG said:

...What are referencing exactly?

The Boss Attack and Egg Gauntlet from the 2013 Sonic 2. Tried to give them both a physical presence rather than just a gameplay thing. 

Also:

Morpho modeled his appearance off of Boom!Colin Kintobor. Yes, this means Eggman may have a brother he doesn’t know about for real.

• Nice Smile 2

20 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

The Boss Attack and Egg Gauntlet from the 2013 Sonic 2. Tried to give them both a physical presence rather than just a gameplay thing. 

Oh, okay. I never played those besides the CD Demo, which is still on my phone.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, DabigRG said:

Oh, okay. I never played those besides the CD Demo, which is still on my phone.

Speaking of which, the Proto Palace is canon and exists on Westside Island as a gate to the Hidden Palace.

• Nice Smile 2

39 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Speaking of which, the Proto Palace is canon and exists on Westside Island as a gate to the Hidden Palace.

...Wait, so that Troll Cave is connected to Angel Island?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

So I’ve always really loved Amy and a head canon I’ve had for quite a while is that while she admires Sonic very dearly, she doesn’t like to be left behind and likes to be able to take care of herself. So she trains very diligently to hone and improve her skills, and she’s really come a long way since her introduction.

She starts off as an immature helpless child who goes and gets kidnapped by Metal Sonic. Then in Sonic Adventure she gets kidnapped by Zero, but as we know along the way she learns to become more independant. Sa2 throws nearly all of that out the window in her personality, but it’s alright, she’s continuing to grow at her own pace. A little regression is normal when you try to make big changes to your life. However in abilities she’s working hard to be more like Sonic, more versatile and more useful. She’s starting to curl up into balls, grinds rails, and she performs homing attacks to great success. Though she still isn’t very fast, she’s getting better. She’ll get the hang of it soon enough.

Sonic Advance comes along and she’s a lot faster. She isn’t spinning much but is very adept at using her hammer. I’d say she’s even more proficient than she was in sa1. When Sonic Advance 2 rolls around (this game right here is my favorite incarnation of Amy), she’s super fast, can do her own version of a spin dash, uses her hammer to aid her spinning attacks for extra oomph, she’s better than she’s ever been and she’ll show Sonic she’s worth his time. In Sonic Heroes, Amy is similar to Advance 2, fast, rolling attack’s, even learned a nifty new way to use her hammer to fly through the air for short bursts. Very cool.

I don’t remember much of the story in Sonic Battle so I won’t dwell on it too much, but I love Amy’s enthusiasm and her  dedication to her training  in boxercising. She’s keeping fit and becoming much stronger too. 

Sidenote for Sonic Advance 3, it’s a little different because of the team mechanics, but Amy’s just as good as she was in Advance 2. When paired with most characters she uses her classic move set, no spinning, and heavily relies on her hammer. Though when she’s paired up with Sonic she really shows him what she’s got by mimicking his toolkit. All her training put to the test here! She’s really gotten a lot better.

Then she sucked in 06, but that doesn’t count because it’s 06.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Strong Guy said:

So I’ve always really loved Amy and a head canon I’ve had for quite a while is that while she admires Sonic very dearly, she doesn’t like to be left behind and likes to be able to take care of herself. So she trains very diligently to hone and improve her skills, and she’s really come a long way since her introduction.

That's more or less canon. 

It's interesting that ever since her debut, most of Amy's subsequent appearances seemed to be tracking her becoming stronger, faster, more skilled, and generally more capable as a heroine in her own right, with Heroes notably giving her a sidekick in Cream and making her an unofficial leader of her own come&go Team.

When Sonic Advance 2 rolls around (this game right here is my favorite incarnation of Amy), she’s super fast, can do her own version of a spin dash, uses her hammer to aid her spinning attacks for extra oomph, she’s better than she’s ever been and she’ll show Sonic she’s worth his time.

That sounds kinda like her Adventure 2 playstyle.

Then she sucked in 06, but that doesn’t count because it’s 06.

Which also gave her the ability to turn invisible, for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Heavies weren’t truly sentient, the Ruby just rewired them with stereotypes and made them more durable. Heavy King’s betrayal is nothing more than “CRUSH KILL DESTROY” rather than anything meaningful. 

• Nice Smile 1