Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

Not sure if this unpopular or not, but I like to headcanon that Omega also has a bird (or small animal) inside him

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

17 hours ago, DabigRG said:

"I'm the coolest!"

The Japanese equivalent of that line is "Huh...interesting..."

• Nice Smile 2
  • Absolutely 1

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The Japanese equivalent of that line is "Huh...interesting..."

Wow, day and night!

• Nice Smile 1

The freedom fighters are actually canon. In game universe, they usually defend cities from eggman's frequent badnik attacks most of the time. They were also one of the squadrons in forces. Finally, they were friends with sonic before he went on his first adventure to defeat eggman and  they continue to be his friends to this day (But they aren't able to get together often, as both are busy doing there own thing.)

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Diane Aardvark is not an Aardvark. She got the last name from her deceased husband. His death had something to do with false advertising, which is why she became a photographer who enjoys documenting the evil. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Diane Aardvark is not an Aardvark. She got the last name from her deceased husband. His death had something to do with false advertising, which is why she became a photographer who enjoys documenting the evil. 

I was gonna say she doesn't look much at all like an aardvark, but then I remembered Knuckles.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

I was gonna say she doesn't look much at all like an aardvark, but then I remembered Knuckles.

Due to characters like Mark and Gill looking more like their actual species, I think Knuckles is the exception here, not the rule.

23 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Due to characters like Mark and Gill looking more like their actual species, I think Knuckles is the exception here, not the rule.

What kinda reverse logic has Boom rued? :lol: 

Not sure if this unpopular or not, but I like to headcanon that Omega also has a bird (or small animal) inside him.

I like to think Flicky herself powers him.

•  
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Minor continuation of my multiverse headcanon:

Not all of the universes in the Archie multiverse were destroyed by the Super Genesis Wave. A very small handful of them “drifted” away when the wave hit and now exist as part of the wider multiverse. The Underground and Sonic X zones are amoung these realities.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

What kinda reverse logic has Boom rued? :lol: 

More evidence is due to the fact Professor Cluckins isn’t a chicken. So, a last name isn’t indicative of a species in this universe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

big's voice is the result of his weight

if he worked out and ended up looking like

this

Spoiler

what_if__skinny_big_the_cat__by_nibroc_r

then he'd sound like duke nukem

• Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 2

I realised I may as well share this as a straight-up headcanon now:

This plot point of Naugus taking Nigel Acorn’s place...

hyV9AJ.jpg

...would have led to the Archieverse’s version of Sonic Chaos.

The plot in which the Chaos Emeralds are stolen from South Island’s North Cave would’ve played out but with Naugus as the antagonist in place of Eggman.

It likely would’ve taken place during the gap between Sonic 2 and Sonic CD, when Eggman is still trapped in White Space after the Time Eater incident.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

According to prototype 10.8 of Sonic Heroes Vector is a Creed fan.

In the final, the Team Chaotix theme is playing over the entire cutscene which to me suggests that's not what's actually playing on Vector's presumably Bluetooth headphones. In my headcanon Vector is, in fact, listening to "bullets" by Creed as in the proto version of the opening cutscene.

giphy.gif

Right, so forget the Phantom Rubyverse "Classic is an illusion" theory. Let's look at one that's actually possible: Sonic time travel is like time travel in The Flash. It makes "time booms".

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW6GN9pLxZ7tDZOByg3YF

Riding the premise that Sonic Generations split off a different dimension, we might also try to answer how Mighty and Ray can be part of this new dimension but not the old one.

In Flashpoint Paradox, the Flash travels back in time to save his mother. He is surprised to learn how much this action changes the world. But it's not just the standard butterfly effect we see in most time travel stories - the act of saving his mother has an effect on things that happened even BEFORE the event, such as the Wayne family's killing and the way baby Superman landed on Earth.

It's described as a sonic boom on time itself and compared to a bullet shattering glass, causing changes in all directions.

This is how the Classic Sonic universe could have split off just at the end of the Classic Era, while still creating differences that would have occurred before the split occurred (e.g. the continuity of certain spinoff games and characters).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

So people are suggesting a timeline split caused by Generations, I mean it's possible but I just don't see the series having such a big twist on history, anyway, this is the theory:

Generations heavily hinted that Classic Sonic is from the past, which explains why Sonic remembers Green Hill etc. But at the end, when Classic Sonic and his Tails are taken to that portal, it creates a different classic dimension where they know the events of the future, so that is why the events are different? It's not very clear. But I would be on board with this theory. I mean, it's since Generations that Classic Sonic has become a different character, so it is possible.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Correction on the chronological order (and anything else for that matter!) is welcome, thanks

Classic Dimension

SegaSonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic CD

Tails Adventure

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic Chaos

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Sonic Triple Trouble

Knuckles Chaotix

Sonic Fighters

Sonic Drift

Sonic Drift 2

Sonic Mania Plus

Modern Dimension

Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 ep1

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 ep 2

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Advance

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Battle

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventure

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic Colours

Sonic Generations

Sonic Lost World

Sonic Forces

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on the Sonic Official - Season 2 Episode 8 stream kept asking how Amy got to Prison Island before Tails while they were playing SA2.

Isn't it obvious?

lRE1CgX.gif

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, MainJP said:

Someone on the Sonic Official - Season 2 Episode 8 stream kept asking how Amy got to Prison Island before Tails while they were playing SA2.

Isn't it obvious?

lRE1CgX.gif

I love how that gif has her tilt when it's freezes to reset with her at the same angle a few feet back.

• Nice Smile 1

I find myself believing that most abilities that Amy demonstrates are actually a result of her having a powerful force of personality combined with an overactive imagination resulting in her inconsistent abilities and her sometimes being on Sonic's level to sometimes being totally helpless. This even includes her ability to summon her Piko Piko Hammer out of thin air even after throwing it regardless of cartoon logic.

12 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

This even includes her ability to summon her Piko Piko Hammer out of thin air even after throwing it regardless of cartoon logic.

Sonic X had a whole scene about that.

23 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

I find myself believing that most abilities that Amy demonstrates are actually a result of her having a powerful force of personality combined with an overactive imagination resulting in her inconsistent abilities and her sometimes being on Sonic's level to sometimes being totally helpless.

How often is she totally helpless? Like besides CD. I need my memory jogged.

Even in Sonic Adventure when she's kidnapped by Zero she still ends up completely destroying him by herself at the end of her campaign after Birdie is attacked, the same robot that was creating giant shockwaves by slamming his fists on the ground among other things.

I just remembered SA2 while typing this. Sometimes I get the feeling that she's holding herself back. I brought up how in SA Amy doesn't even try to fight Zero until he attacks Birdie, and when she does actually fight him she basically annihilated him.

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, MainJP said:

Sonic X had a whole scene about that.

How often is she totally helpless? Like besides CD. I need my memory jogged.

Even in Sonic Adventure when she's kidnapped by Zero she still ends up completely destroying him by herself at the end of her campaign after Birdie is attacked, the same robot that was creating giant shockwaves by slamming his fists on the ground among other things.

I just remembered SA2 while typing this. Sometimes I get the feeling that she's holding herself back. I brought up how in SA Amy doesn't even try to fight Zero until he attacks Birdie, and when she does actually fight him she basically annihilated him.

Asides from SA2 when she gets captured by Eggman (despite everything else she was already accomplishing in that game including keeping up with Sonic and Tails from Prison Island on) I can't think of any situation where she is actually helpless. Even Sonic CD where she gets to play the damsel in distress I personally don't consider her helpless since she gets up onto Little Planet just fine and gets through both Palmtree Panic and Metallic Madness on her own just fine. The only thing that stops her in that game is Metal Sonic, who even Sonic is not allowed to fight back against despite his tendency later in the series to take on deities and put them in their place. Since Metal is pretty much on par with Sonic it's why even with this crazy head cannon I've drummed up I can accept her helplessness in CD compared to SA2 where the only thing that would keep her in check is an demonstrated or justified fear of Eggman.

Off of my little rant though I mostly just listed as far down as helpless since some people I've talked with see her as helpless and a regular girl in most cases who is more impressive than the other characters because she does not have any inherent superpowers. If my little head cannon wasn't already a blatant clue to such, allow me to say that I succinctly disagree with them but felt it would be polite to acknowledge as many stances as I could.