Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

23 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Off of my little rant though I mostly just listed as far down as helpless since some people I've talked with see her as helpless and a regular girl in most cases who is more impressive than the other characters because she does not have any inherent superpowers. If my little head cannon wasn't already a blatant clue to such, allow me to say that I succinctly disagree with them but felt it would be polite to acknowledge as many stances as I could.

Amy never really screamed "regular girl" to me. I don't think a regular girl would be able to smash through robots and stuff like she does since that kinda requires super strength. Or create tornadoes by swinging a hammer (Heroes and Battle) which also requires super strength. That and she's a master acrobat. 

I mean the only reason we don't see her abilities nowadays is because of the fact she not playable. If you're not Sonic you don't get to do much of anything.

I like your explanation for her abilities though, especially the turning invisible out of nowhere thing in 06. It could also explain this move from Fighters where she summons shit to crush people:

A roast, a heart, a 16-ton weight, a decapitated Bean head. She's really just conjuring this shit up with pure imagination.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, MainJP said:

I like your explanation for her abilities though, especially the turning invisible out of nowhere thing in 06. It could also explain this move from Fighters where she summons shit to crush people:

A roast, a heart, a 16-ton weight, a decapitated Bean head. She's really just conjuring this shit up with pure imagination.

What the SHIT?!

• Chuckle 6

2 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Suddenly Archie's nutty take on Bean makes a bit more sense.

I like to think that when Amy summons Beans head that he's momentarily walking around headless someplace else.

New headcanon.

• Chuckle 3

13 hours ago, MainJP said:

Amy never really screamed "regular girl" to me. I don't think a regular girl would be able to smash through robots and stuff like she does since that kinda requires super strength. Or create tornadoes by swinging a hammer (Heroes and Battle) which also requires super strength. That and she's a master acrobat. 

I could go on for quiet a while as to why I can never see her as "ordinary" or a "regular girl" but that would horribly derail this thread and has little to do with head cannons as much as observations and interpretations. On the other hand, this

13 hours ago, MainJP said:

I never knew existed despite watching numerous playthroughs of Fighters. It honestly makes me think a bit about a move the character Taokaka from Blazblue has. Regardless, seeing this does nothing more but really give me fuel for my head cannon XD

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, MainJP said:

I like to think that when Amy summons Beans head that he's momentarily walking around headless someplace else.

New headcanon.

I can totally picture his head landing and striking up a conversation and everything, this just makes too much sense for Bean.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

9 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

On the other hand, this

I never knew existed despite numerous playthroughs of Fighters.

Yeah, me neither. In fact, I never heard nor read a peep of it's existence before.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, me neither. In fact, I never heard nor read a peep of it's existence before.

It is pretty wild but also shows why fighting games have such a hardcore core audience; the ability to keep mining and finding new things years after a games debut. In my experience no other genre really does it like fighting games so it's cool to see that even a game as deceptively simple like Fighters pull sit off and makes it easier for me to consider my head cannon XD

• Nice Smile 1

Lanolin’s last name is Oyl. As in Popeye’s Oyl family. 

A Robian can be affected by Hordika Venom. 

Knuckles hasn't been leaving the Master Emerald and his island unprotected at all. The solution been staring us in the face this whole time. Sonic Battle established, rather weakly, that Chaos shows up on the island in times of crisis, he's the original guardian, he's just protecting the home front so Knuckles can tackle the crisis.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I like to think that at the end of the day and after yet another battle, and one more carefully laid plan being foiled by that hedgehog, the good old doc returns to one of his luxurious mansions, all grumpy and covered in the ashes and smoke of his latest creation that just got destroyed by Sonic. He is greeted by an army of robots ready to attend all of his needs and whims, enjoys a warm bath to clean himself, grooms his well kept mustache, enjoys a (huge) consolation dinner and has a bed where he can rest comfortably while in his sleep, his mind starts working on his next scheme to take over the world.

Meanwhile Sonic, the hero and embodiment of freedom, after yet another victorious day of heroics and saving the world, finds himself sleeping in the dirt and without a roof like the nomadic hobo that he is.

• Chuckle 1

11 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

I like to think that at the end of the day and after yet another battle, and one more carefully laid plan being foiled by that hedgehog, the good old doc returns to one of his luxurious mansions, all grumpy and covered in the ashes and smoke of his latest creation that just got destroyed by Sonic. He is greeted by an army of robots ready to attend all of his needs and whims, enjoys a warm bath to clean himself, grooms his well kept mustache, enjoys a (huge) consolation dinner and has a bed where he can rest comfortably while in his sleep, his mind starts working on his next scheme to take over the world.

Meanwhile Sonic, the hero and embodiment of freedom, after yet another victorious day of heroics and saving the world, finds himself sleeping in the dirt and without a roof like the nomadic hobo that he is.

Sounds about right, kinda.

8ed08a3d23dcd1a550499780f431dbf6--sonic-adventure-pilots.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

The new IDW issue made me think of a new one:

When Blaze claimed in Sonic Colours DS that the Sol Emeralds told her to return to Sonic’s dimension, it wasn’t because of Eggman’s theme park, but in fact for the upcoming Time Eater threat.

Additionally, Blaze actually hung around in Sonic’s dimension for a little bit after Colours DS, hence how she was able to attend his birthday party.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

26 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The new IDW issue made me think of a new one:

When Blaze claimed in Sonic Colours DS that the Sol Emeralds told her to return to Sonic’s dimension, it wasn’t because of Eggman’s theme park, but in fact for the upcoming Time Eater threat.

Additionally, Blaze actually hung around in Sonic’s dimension for a little bit after Colours DS, hence how she was able to attend his birthday party.

I like this theory a lot as it shows her carrying out her duties but also gives time to hang out with the friends she's made thanks to Sonic. I kind of wish Knuckles was handled the same way (or at least similarly) since the whole reason he is involved with the events in Chaotix is (according to the Japanese Emerald) because the Master Emerald was reacting to something and he went to go investigate.

Honestly, since this is the head cannon thread i think I'll adopt that head cannon. When Knuckles and Blaze show up it has everything to do with their respective Guardian duties, but as Knuckles is the untrusting sort he never tells anyone what he is actually up to. Pushing it even further, it's why he agreed to follow Tails in Heroes because the Master Emerald reacted to Neo Metal Sonic and his Chaos Data abilities.

Adding onto this further, I see Silver after his various time traveling adventures discovering the Time Stones and managed to witness part of Sonic's adventure in CD thus encouraging him to naively think he can be the guardian of the Time Stones and ending up in over his head every time they send him off on an adventure that he isn't prepared for.

A crazy theory which probably isn't true, but makes me chuckles.

Some people think that Classic and Modern Sonics used to be one guy, but events of Generations split him into two dimensions/timelines.

I like that theory, I would like to think it's canon. Only problem: where are Classic Shadow, Rouge, etc?

So here is my crazy theory: They all on Classic Earth. In classic Dimension, Sonic never visits Earth, but SA2, Shadow and 06 still happened without him (or other classic characters). So next to colorful and fun Classic "Mobius" there is a "gritty" Classic Earth, where Shadow is the main hero, battling Mephiles, Black Doom, Infinite and all the other modern threats.

To push the 'edge' to its limits we can say that Shadow still uses guns, war with Balck Arm continues, planet somehow broke and Dark Gaia is on the loose and basically, the whole thing is like a post-apocalyptic version of Sonic franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

A crazy theory which probably isn't true, but makes me chuckles.

Some people think that Classic and Modern Sonics used to be one guy, but events of Generations split him into two dimensions/timelines.

I like that theory, I would like to think it's canon. Only problem: where are Classic Shadow, Rouge, etc?

So here is my crazy theory: They all on Classic Earth. In classic Dimension, Sonic never visits Earth, but SA2, Shadow and 06 still happened without him (or other classic characters). So next to colorful and fun Classic "Mobius" there is a "gritty" Classic Earth, where Shadow is the main hero, battling Mephiles, Black Doom, Infinite and all the other modern threats.

To push the 'edge' to its limits we can say that Shadow still uses guns, war with Balck Arm continues, planet somehow broke and Dark Gaia is on the loose and basically, the whole thing is like a post-apocalyptic version of Sonic franchise.

Classic Shadow probably plays like Mega Man. Or Contra.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I would have thought classic Shadow was simply never released from stasis. But then I guess you could argue that classic Black Arms would have to have come back to classic Earth at some point, meaning they could have released him.

Makes one wonder how Shadow’s arc would’ve played out without Sonic’s influence.

...actually I can’t imagine it ending too well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 25. 4. 2018 at 6:39 PM, Sonic Fan J said:

I like this theory a lot as it shows her carrying out her duties but also gives time to hang out with the friends she's made thanks to Sonic. I kind of wish Knuckles was handled the same way (or at least similarly) since the whole reason he is involved with the events in Chaotix is (according to the Japanese Emerald) because the Master Emerald was reacting to something and he went to go investigate.

Honestly, since this is the head cannon thread i think I'll adopt that head cannon. When Knuckles and Blaze show up it has everything to do with their respective Guardian duties, but as Knuckles is the untrusting sort he never tells anyone what he is actually up to. Pushing it even further, it's why he agreed to follow Tails in Heroes because the Master Emerald reacted to Neo Metal Sonic and his Chaos Data abilities.

Adding onto this further, I see Silver after his various time traveling adventures discovering the Time Stones and managed to witness part of Sonic's adventure in CD thus encouraging him to naively think he can be the guardian of the Time Stones and ending up in over his head every time they send him off on an adventure that he isn't prepared for.

"I feel some strange energy." :joy:

A head-canon of mine is that Espio's dream and goal in life is to have his own ninja castle, full of all kind of tricks and traps that anyone can try for a modest fee, and give a considerable prize to whoever can make it all the way to the top.

• 2 weeks later...

The Shovel Claw and the Fighting Gloves were originally special tools/weapons created by the Knuckle Clan aid in their war.

The Fighting Gloves were a mystical experiment to weaponize power similar to that of the Chaos Emerald.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/1/2018 at 10:25 PM, Skull Leader said:

A head-canon of mine is that Espio's dream and goal in life is to have his own ninja castle, full of all kind of tricks and traps that anyone can try for a modest fee, and give a considerable prize to whoever can make it all the way to the top.

So, pretty much create his version of Sasuke (aka Ninja Warrior)? Seems legit.

I would like to think that Rouge was the one who taught Cream the hip drop.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

You know, when someone mention Cream had that attack, I was like "That exists? Why the heck does she have that?" And then, when someone cited Rouge having a more accurately named move in SA2, I immediately went purely "That EXISTS?!"

So now that you've made that connection, I can definitely believe it.

Especially with recent development info in mind.

I've been thinking about SEGA Sonic Bros. lately and it let be to this headcanon...

Since both a game about Sonic's brothers and a game about Sonic's sister got cancelled:

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sister_Sonic

http://info.sonicretro.org/SegaSonic_Bros.

This got me thinking that Sonic has siblings that he either never talks about or has never even met.

Charmy and Amy are originally from the Sonic manga, maybe Sonic has a little Anita walking around somewhere?

latest?cb=20111209025436

6 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So, pretty much create his version of Sasuke (aka Ninja Warrior)? Seems legit.

Kind of, but with more ninja magic and traps, as Espio would probably get a kick out of seeing visitors fall to them while at the same time he polishes the shadow arts of the shinobi to stalk and ambush his prey.

Rouge loves gems because she grew up with nothing. As a kid she longed for sparkly jewels that she could call her own but her family couldn't afford luxuries. So to make up for the things she never had she resorted to thievery and just became really good at it. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1