Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

In Sonic Forces it's all the same world, humans and animals live in the same world.

Station and Spagonia were also conquered, but we don't spend time in these towns as other teams were battling there while we were battling in the animal towns.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

In Sonic Forces it's all the same world, humans and animals live in the same world.

Station and Spagonia were also conquered, but we don't spend time in these towns as other teams were battling there while we were battling in the animal towns.

I would love to find a fan-made world map that includes things like Chemical Plant, Station Square, and Spagonia all together.

Sadly, the ones I see only merge the Adventure games and Sonic Unleashed, without the Genesis-era and Sonic Forces locations that would have the mobian/animal towns. (except for Angel Island)

• Thumbs Up 1

One for Tikal: I would like to think that she didn't actually die, but really her molecular structure was changed when she sealed herself in the ME. I would imagine that it's hard now to maintain a solid form now.

• Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

One for Tikal: I would like to think that she didn't actually die, her molecular structure was changed when she sealed herself in the ME. I would imagine that it's hard now to maintain a solid form now.

That is kinda the thing that makes the most sense, really. After all, Chaos is power and used that power to seal away Chaos & apparently herself in the Master Emerald.

Sounds familiar.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

45 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That is kinda the thing that makes the most sense, really. After all, Chaos is power and used that power to seal away Chaos & apparently herself in the Master Emerald.

Sounds familiar.

Something that makes ponder about Chaos and if it relates to entropy. 

6 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

One for Tikal: I would like to think that she didn't actually die, but really her molecular structure was changed when she sealed herself in the ME. I would imagine that it's hard now to maintain a solid form now.

Further, the Nocturnus have changed so much they are no longer really echidnas per se. 

4 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Further, the Nocturnus have changed so much they are no longer really echidnas per se. 

Interesting. This could be through natural selection and random mating.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:29 AM, BaronGrackle said:

I would love to find a fan-made world map that includes things like Chemical Plant, Station Square, and Spagonia all together.

Yeah, imagine something like this, but for the entire planet, i'd be down for it

map_of_the_space_colony_ark_by_adabat_d5

Also, IIRC Ian said prior to Archie's cancellation that he had the new timeline and world map ready, he was just waiting an opportunity to publish it, i bet the reboot map would've had everything in it, oh well...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Something that makes ponder about Chaos and if it relates to entropy. 

The videos taking for friggin ever to load for me, so you wanna sum it up?

45 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

That's friggin Dante, son. 

40 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Interesting. This could be through natural selection and random mating.

Like peas and carrots, those two things are.

26 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Yeah, imagine something like this, but for the entire planet, i'd be down for it

I can't really see Sega doing that nowadays, for better or worse.

27 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Also, IIRC Ian said prior to Archie's cancellation that he had the new timeline and world map ready, he was just waiting an opportunity to publish it, i bet the reboot map would've had everything in it, oh well...

5a3909ce207e442c919058f1710ff80e.gif

• Nice Smile 2

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

We could always end up getting the IDW timeline and map(s) instead. Instead of one world, it’ll be, like, four (Human, Animal, Classic, Sol) maps to read, and I wonder what games are on the timeline and what games aren’t? Maybe we get the Archie maps in “Lost Hedgehog Tales” in the distant future.

• Nice Smile 2

My big headcanon has always been an explanation for the whole Sonic getting arrested thing.

Not that I give the actual story this much credit, but it makes sense to me to think of it this way...
I mean...think about it...Shadow himself is emblematic of the ARK Incident and the mass slaughter that took place up there 50 years prior. GUN knew of Shadow for sure because they're the ones who brought him to Prison Island and had him in cryogenic for the entire time until Eggman set him free. Shadow himself is a damning piece of evidence, not only as a national secret, but also a potential stain on GUN's coverup story of the ARK Incident being an accident

With Shadow fully on the loose, committing crime, being caught on multiple national television news stations, what would GUN do in that situation? When sitting on a very obvious ticking time bomb of a political nightmare waiting to happen? Scapegoat Sonic, the only renowned and well known Hedgehog of that type to the news media. Scapegoat Sonic, arrest him for the crimes, and declare him a criminal who's now safely detained - satisfying the media and public while working quickly to recapture and put the hush on Shadow.

49 minutes ago, SilentlyVocal said:

My big headcanon has always been an explanation for the whole Sonic getting arrested thing.

Not that I give the actual story this much credit, but it makes sense to me to think of it this way...
I mean...think about it...Shadow himself is emblematic of the ARK Incident and the mass slaughter that took place up there 50 years prior. GUN knew of Shadow for sure because they're the ones who brought him to Prison Island and had him in cryogenic for the entire time until Eggman set him free. Shadow himself is a damning piece of evidence, not only as a national secret, but also a potential stain on GUN's coverup story of the ARK Incident being an accident

With Shadow fully on the loose, committing crime, being caught on multiple national television news stations, what would GUN do in that situation? When sitting on a very obvious ticking time bomb of a political nightmare waiting to happen? Scapegoat Sonic, the only renowned and well known Hedgehog of that type to the news media. Scapegoat Sonic, arrest him for the crimes, and declare him a criminal who's now safely detained - satisfying the media and public while working quickly to recapture and put the hush on Shadow.

I've heard this one before - I think it's a popular headcanon, for all the reasons you just detailed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember that Shadow's earlier designs had him more obviously look like Sonic.

640?cb=20180103074224

When you note this, it's possible the earlier script had it be an honest case of mistaken identity on GUN's part. With that plot point staying once Shadow's final design was cemented.

39 minutes ago, Almar said:

Remember that Shadow's earlier designs had him more obviously look like Sonic.

640?cb=20180103074224

When you note this, it's possible the earlier script had it be an honest case of mistaken identity on GUN's part. With that plot point staying once Shadow's final design was cemented.

That's a very good point. Though part of me is admittedly kinda glad we got something along the lines of what we did.

Tails got his tails when he was born in a way very similar, to Diphallia, a very rare and very real condition in which a male is born with two penises.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

30 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Tails got his tails when he was born in a way very similar, to Diphallia, a very rare and very real condition in which a male is born with two penises.

I was trying very hard not to comment on the likely correlation that's been given by online fan stuff.

I failed within seconds.

Eggman considered using El Gran Gordo as a supposed vigilant that keeps an eye in those who dare to say something against his rule, but ultimately decided against it because he likes it too much to repurpose it. (also he keeps the suit in a way similar to batman's)

• Nice Smile 1

My best head-canon:

-Sonic Mania and Mania Adventures is canon with SA1 and Modern timeline. How:

-Classic Sonic returns to his timeline after Forces but FORGETS everything, so the events can continue naturally and lead to modern timeline

(just like Sonic Archie 290 where Classic Sonic forgets about time eater).

-A unified timeline is a thousand times more interesting than fucking dividing dimensions and over complicating fucking shit.

In an alternate universe, scrapped, obscure, and even conceptual characters are prominent. Mighty is the main hero, Ray is the sidekick, Tiara Boobowski is the self-proclaimed love interest, Fang, Bean, and Bark are a mercenary group, Silver is Venice the Mink, Shadow would also be a different species (Pangolin, maybe?), etc. 

4 minutes ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

Shadow would also be a different species (Pangolin, maybe?), etc. 

Terios the Tenrec?

• Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

My best head-canon:

-Sonic Mania and Mania Adventures is canon with SA1 and Modern timeline. How:

-Classic Sonic returns to his timeline after Forces but FORGETS everything, so the events can continue naturally and lead to modern timeline

(just like Sonic Archie 290 where Classic Sonic forgets about time eater).

-A unified timeline is a thousand times more interesting than fucking dividing dimensions and over complicating fucking shit.

Except when it makes things very boring, imagine if the entire sonic universe was the games and nothing but the games?

It would be very boring and bog standard

I like the idea of  other realities in Sonic, it means that there is no true cannon and each reality can exist without interfering in others.

But this does explain why classic Sonic and modern Sonic are so different, they are not only from different timelines but as implied in forces other dimensions.

Hey DC did this a few times, i say why not Sonic.

Sega tried to unify the sonic universe once before and it lead to Sonic 06, so having no one standard universe is a good thing

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Except when it makes things very boring, imagine if the entire sonic universe was the games and nothing but the games?

It would be very boring and bog standard

I like the idea of  other realities in Sonic, it means that there is no true cannon and each reality can exist without interfering in others.

But this does explain why classic Sonic and modern Sonic are so different, they are not only from different timelines but as implied in forces other dimensions.

Hey DC did this a few times, i say why not Sonic.

It's not boring. It's actually very interesting to know what happened between S3&K and SA1 to expand the lore, if the modern game could reference Mania (in a not "oh the other fricking dimesnion" way) it'd be awesome.

And I also add the IDW comics in my headcanon, so it's definitly not boring for me.

Also, this division prevents us from getting Mighty and Ray in the modern games as well as the IDW comics!! THIS is boring.

27 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Terios the Tenrec?

I was also thinking that, but I take the tenrec claims with a grain of salt.