Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

It's not boring. It's actually very interesting to know what happened between S3&K and SA1 to expand the lore, if the modern game could reference Mania (in a not "oh the other fricking dimesnion" way) it'd be awesome.

And I also add the IDW comics in my headcanon, so it's definitly not boring for me.

Also, this division prevents us from getting Mighty and Ray in the modern games as well as the IDW comics!! THIS is boring.

Well to be fair i think Sega forgot about Ray...

As for mighty, well there was that ownership rights issue thing and may be the only reason why we will never see Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, Dulcy, Rotor, Snivley or Uncle Chuck ever again....

2 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Well to be fair i think Sega forgot about Ray...

As for mighty, well there was that ownership rights issue thing and may be the only reason why we will never see Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, Dulcy, Rotor, Snivley or Uncle Chuck ever again....

Even if they forgot about Ray, he was allowed in the comics before, now he's not.

I am unsure if Ray has the same issue as Mighty in modern media.

Its really hard to say, I mean since mania is a fan project and the new mania adventure cartons are made by fans well... hard to say where the issue may or may not lay.

its like asking where Fang has been.... who knows.

12 minutes ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

I was also thinking that, but I take the tenrec claims with a grain of salt.

As far as I know, a tenrec wasn't actually considered for Shadow's species/design, but is rather an animal that people feel would've been a clever alternative given one of it's geni/names.

58 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

As far as I know, a tenrec wasn't actually considered for Shadow's species/design, but is rather an animal that people feel would've been a clever alternative given one of it's geni/names.

And the fact that it's more original (and adds more variety) than another 3'3 hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

There was never an "issue" with Mighty. Sonic Team simply didn't want to use him. The character is wholly owned by Sega.

Yeah I don't know where the idea that Mighty couldn't be used came from. If that was the case he wouldn't have been in the Archie comics, he wouldn't have appeared on the missing posters in Sonic Generations and he wouldn't be in Mania Plus. 

Also after reading through this thread I found the one about there being multiple sets of Chaos Emeralds and the Super Emeralds only appearing on Angel Island interesting. It could help explain how they have appeared in numbers other than 7 and in different colors. However if Angel Island has it's own set of Emeralds and Sonic showed up there with the set he found in Sonic 2 would that mean there were two sets on the island during the events of S3&K?  Also if there are multiple sets I feel any set would be able to become Super Emeralds as long as the Master Emerald is present. 

Sometimes when Espio performs the ritual of kuji-kiri, his fingers can get entangled very bad and panicks, needing for Vector to help him out.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:53 AM, MadmanRB said:

its like asking where Fang has been.... who knows.

Fang was stuck in the Special Zone, if Triple Trouble is canon...

I may have already mentioned this in a different thread, anyway:

I have a crazy headcanon theory, I think Chaos is not the only mutated chao in the Sonic universe: I think that every antro character (or "mobian" if you prefer) is a mutated chao, and the difference between regular animals and antro animals is that regular animals are actually, regular animals, indeed, while antros are grown up chao who took traits from some animals they have been exposed to while they were still chao.

In Chao gardens, chao can copy animal elements, and you can also make a chao who looks exactly like Sonic, and other characters.

So, Chaos is not just a water monster, he's an antro jellyfish who originally was just a chao. His monster transformations were due to negative chaos energy, and it's the same thing that happend to Sonic when he became the Werehog.

Chao are from Angel Island and they are connected to the Chaos Emeralds: this is why some antro characters have the power to use the Chaos Emeralds to turn super. This is why regular animals and humans can't use them to power up themselves (and hopefully we will never see Super Sayan Eggman from that fan-art in an official Sonic game).

Those super flickies from Super Tails in Sonic 3 & Knuckles are that way due to Tails' influence on them, they can't turn super by themselves (and anyway they are not canon).

To push this theory to extreme levels, it's theorically possible to have an human character who is a chao turned human: this would happen if a chao is exposed to humans so much that it copies their traits; it's unclear if Eggman is a real human or he is one of those "mobians" who just happens to look like a human. If this is the case, Super Sayan Eggman is still a possibility :D

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Iko said:

I have a crazy headcanon theory, I think Chaos is not the only mutated chao in the Sonic universe: I think that every antro character (or "mobian" if you prefer) is a mutated chao, and the difference between regular animals and antro animals is that regular animals are actually, regular animals, indeed, while antros are grown up chao who took traits from some animals they have been exposed to while they were still chao.

In Chao gardens, chao can copy animal elements, and you can also make a chao who looks exactly like Sonic, and other characters.

So, Chaos is not just a water monster, he's an antro jellyfish who originally was just a chao. His monster transformations were due to negative chaos energy, and it's the same thing that happend to Sonic when he became the Werehog.

Chao are from Angel Island and they are connected to the Chaos Emeralds: this is why some antro characters have the power to use the Chaos Emeralds to turn super. This is why regular animals and humans can't use them to power up themselves (and hopefully we will never see Super Sayan Eggman from that fan-art in an official Sonic game).

Those super flickies from Super Tails in Sonic 3 & Knuckles are that way due to Tails' influence on them, they can't turn super by themselves (and anyway they are not canon).

To push this theory to extreme levels, it's theorically possible to have an human character who is a chao turned human: this would happen if a chao is exposed to humans so much that it copies their traits; it's unclear if Eggman is a real human or he is one of those "mobians" who just happens to look like a human. If this is the case, Super Sayan Eggman is still a possibility :D

Does this mean then that by the time Cream is an adult Cheese will be an anthro rabbit?

Just now, Sonic Fan J said:

Does this mean then that by the time Cream is an adult Cheese will be an anthro rabbit?

Who knows, maybe; maybe that's why she's the only character who has a mother, because Vanilla loves chao and she once was her chao.

I know it's crazy but it kinda makes sense... at least in my headcanon.

• Fist Bump 1

Just now, Iko said:

Who knows, maybe; maybe that's why she's the only character who has a mother, because Vanilla loves chao and she once was her chao.

I know it's crazy but it kinda makes sense... at least in my headcanon.

No, not at all. It explains the lack of any evidence of Cream having a father and how at least one echidna is still around.

Knuckles should probably really get into chao care.

27 minutes ago, Iko said:

. . . so Knuckles isn't the only Angel Island native anthro. He's just the chao who stayed behind.

When the echidna civilization attacked the Emerald Shrine, it was a group of evolved chao destroying unevolved chao.

7 hours ago, Iko said:

I have a crazy headcanon theory, I think Chaos is not the only mutated chao in the Sonic universe:

Well, considering it's technically possible to groom a Chaos Chao of your own...

7 hours ago, Iko said:

I think that every antro character (or "mobian" if you prefer) is a mutated chao, and the difference between regular animals and antro animals is that regular animals are actually, regular animals, indeed, while antros are grown up chao who took traits from some animals they have been exposed to while they were still chao.

...Huuuh....

7 hours ago, Iko said:

His monster transformations were due to negative chaos energy, and it's the same thing that happend to Sonic when he became the Werehog.

Chao are from Angel Island and they are connected to the Chaos Emeralds: this is why some antro characters have the power to use the Chaos Emeralds to turn super.

Well, obviously.

7 hours ago, Iko said:

...That makes a tad too much sense. O_O 

8 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

No, not at all. It explains the lack of any evidence of Cream having a father 

Except that Chao reproduce...well, like Pinatas...

• Nice Smile 1

On 3/25/2018 at 8:30 PM, DabigRG said:

"I'm the coolest!"

I meant Shadow really cares about/is really touchy about the way he looks.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:12 AM, Iko said:

Actually, I remember reading about this same "Mobians are evolved Chao" headcanon here from another user on a different thread back around 2011. I remember saving this idea to my notes on my old phone because I liked it so much.

Here are some similarities between the characters and Chao:

- Blob feet, a feature shared with the Chao. The interesting thing about this is that, as you can see their feet seem to be this way regardless of "species" and aren't from their derived species.

6XJ4Xfw.jpg

- Like Chao, the anthros bodies are made up of simple shapes.

- Anthros like Chao can have inherent powers and abilities.

- Abilities like spin-dashing or homing attack aren't tied to a particular species and can be performed by basically almost anyone.

Most anthros tend to share body types with slight differences, but anthros can share the exact same body type with other "species", with stuff like conjoined eyes seemingly being a common feature:

GFfGaMm.png

Vector, Fang, Bark and Bean, Focke-Wolf (The Blue Wolf, a feature he shares with half-Wolf Fang), Bearenger (Skypatrol, shares this with Bark, another bear) all have conjoined eyes. ( I would say Tiara Boobowsky who's a Mix cat, but she never made it into a game after X-Treme's cancellation, unfortunately )

And of course a feature they all share is the (usually hairless) muzzle. Even a character like Charmy, an insect, shares some features like a muzzle with mammals type anthros:

A3c5gNY.png

Charmy's face heavily resembles Sonic's despite being an arthropod and doesn't possess extra limbs like real bee's.

And the big kicker is probably the fact they can interbreed as evidenced by Fang The Sniper who's canonically a Wolf and Jerboa hybrid. This could give credence to the theory that they aren't really different species per say but are rather one species of beings who simply take on certain traits and features of an animal but still HIGHLY resemble members of other races. Evolved Chao basically.

On 6/8/2018 at 2:55 PM, DabigRG said:

Except that Chao reproduce...well, like Pinatas...

It's possible the Anthros are the same or similar, we've never seen one pregnant and they lack genitals. Amy in Fighters doesn't appear to wear panties and she just looks like Sonic down there. Knuckles' theme in Adventure has a lyric that says he was "born by himself"...perhaps it's literal.

As for Chao humans? I'd imagine Eggman is one as he shares the noodle limbs with the anthros. I'd imagine Chao humans look like these designs:

When Uekawa designs humans ( Billy Hatcher, Human Sonic ) he tends to use the same design philosophy that uses with Sonic anthro characters unlike the in-game human models:

Uekawa draws them using simple shapes and makes the proportions and design elements roughly in line with 1930s cartoons, like Sonic himself. Eggman is like that with thin or noodle limbs and large hands and feet, and these designs are perfectly in-line with the design of the anthros.

Spoiler

389.png

6226760_orig.png

1DH3AFP.png

IMO these are the types of human designs that should be used in the games to make the Sonic animals look less alien by comparison. With these designs, they pretty much just look like another species in the world of Sonic and here's what I mean:

Take Bantam, he looks very similar in design to Eggman and Big due to his egg-like body shape and eyes:

Spoiler

latest?cb=2017123105040620180310002108!Big_01.png

Rolly Role looks very similar to a character like Cream:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20171231032023Advance2_Cream.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

9 minutes ago, Razule said:

I too support the "Sonic's Worldians are hyper-evolved Chao" theory

Yeah, it's an old theory that could explain some things. I always thought that the animal buddies are what the Chao absorbed thus eventually evolving into the "Sonic Worldians".

Animals like Pocky have eyes exactly the same shape as Tails' eyes for instance.

CS_F_00.png800px-SSS_SONIC33.png

IDW really does contain bits of every single prior Sonic continuity, just all that goodness will probably remain mostly off-screen. For example:

* Megatox is a popular horror movie franchise in the Sol dimension. “Megatox Vs. Plasma” became the highest grossing film of the year once, despite poor reviews.

* A race of biological, non-Chao-derived anthropes existed in the past of the Human world. The likes of Ebony and Sir Connery were members of this extinct race. They were deemed the “Ancients”, (yes, the same ones who sealed Lyric) and left their impact all over the Human world. This justifies all the non-Sonic looking anthropes in earlier comics. 

* Overlanders once existed on Sonic’s world, but were wiped out by Perfect Chaos, leaving no survivors. They were responsible for Marble Garden and Sandopolis, among other human-looking ruins. 

* The Classic world’s human world counterpart is pretty much just our world. Something akin to “Sonic Live!” can thus happen.

* Much like Echidnas and Overlanders, Tasmanian Devils and Dingoes were wiped from the face of the world due to Perfect Chaos. Knuckles believes there is probably one last Tasmanian Devil in the world. 

* Various “old wives’ tales” concerning the fate of the Echidnas exist, and Knuckles believes them all to be ridiculous. Having headed off for the stars, sealed in another dimension by a tentacled monster named Argus, simply cloaked their city using the Chaos energy, there’s a hidden village of them in the woods...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

This is actually something that just came to mind, but adding on to the evolved Chao theory:

The Spinball.

ZrlZi15.gif

The ability to curl up into a compact ball and roll around was a trait evolved Chao or "Sonic Worldians" developed in order to easily traverse sloped terrain. It's why practically almost anyone can do it.

And I remembered that ShayMay talks about how the Spinball doesn't make narrative sense  for characters like Tails in his second Spitball video,

And he does acknowledge that they would have to play the same so as to not risk developing a drastically different playstyle, I think that logically in-universe they would need the Spinball in order to have an easier time getting through S-tubes and unnaturally curved and steep terrain like this...

https://i.imgur.com/3ayNzmc.png

• Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, MainJP said:

Yeah, it's an old theory that could explain some things. I always thought that the animal buddies are what the Chao absorbed thus eventually evolving into the "Sonic Worldians".

Animals like Pocky have eyes exactly the same shape as Tails' eyes for instance.

I always figured Sonic-animals and small animals were originally meant to be the same thing. But as the series went on they kept throwing up barriers between them and treating Sonic less like an animal that could walk and talk and more like a human who just happened to be short, blue, and spiky, and eventually the whole thing just got weird.

23 minutes ago, MainJP said:

This is actually something that just came to mind, but adding on to the evolved Chao theory:

The Spinball.

That doesn't have anything to do with chao, though. At most it would point to them having some kind of shared ancestor, not necessarily chao...but it's not even that consistent a trait anyway. There are plenty of characters that we've never seen spin, and some that only spin in some games but not others.

• Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I always figured Sonic-animals and small animals were originally meant to be the same thing. But as the series went on they kept throwing up barriers between them and treating Sonic less like an animal that could walk and talk and more like a human who just happened to be short, blue, and spiky, and eventually the whole thing just got weird.

Always thought it was weird that the animal friends were named like individuals in the manual despite their being endless numbers of them in the games. Like, there's a pig named Picky, not a species of pigs called Pickies. 

• Thumbs Up 1