Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

Amy's Piko hammer is a relic from clan Rose that is passed from generation to generation, and is considered an elegant weapon for more civilized days, for the members of clan Rose believe that for a hedgehog to roll in the dirt to be a sign of being an uncivilized savage.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 6/15/2018 at 10:49 AM, MainJP said:

Actually, I remember reading about this same "Mobians are evolved Chao" headcanon here from another user on a different thread back around 2011. I remember saving this idea to my notes on my old phone because I liked it so much.

Here are some similarities between the characters and Chao:

- Blob feet, a feature shared with the Chao. The interesting thing about this is that, as you can see their feet seem to be this way regardless of "species" and aren't from their derived species.

6XJ4Xfw.jpg

- Like Chao, the anthros bodies are made up of simple shapes.

- Anthros like Chao can have inherent powers and abilities.

- Abilities like spin-dashing or homing attack aren't tied to a particular species and can be performed by basically almost anyone.

Nah i blame this on laziness and technical limitations of the dreamcast though forces doesnt help my point despite the fact forces came out in 2017 and there should have been some effort in designing the feet.

I dont have a foot fetish or anything but come on its not that hard to draw toes.

3 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Nah i blame this on laziness and technical limitations of the dreamcast though forces doesnt help my point despite the fact forces came out in 2017 and there should have been some effort in designing the feet.

I dont have a foot fetish or anything but come on its not that hard to draw toes.

Do you not see Focke-Wolf from Tails Sky Patrol  in my image? He had the flipper feet before Sonic Adventure. It’s a stylistic choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah but considering Tails sky patrol is a side game and one released solely in japan making a source material is tricky at best.

And just because it has a sega label doesnt make it official, heck even something with a sonic team logo doesnt always count as this would be cannon if that was the case:

1000?cb=20170702115006

So yeah not going to take it into consideration personally

10 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Yeah but considering Tails sky patrol is a side game and one released solely in japan.

And just because it has a sega label doesnt make it official, heck even something with a sonic team logo doesnt always count as this would be cannon if that was the case:

So yeah not going to take it into consideration

I fail to see what that has to do with anything. If they’ve been shown to have this design in official art since Sky Patrol then that means it’s a stylistic choice. If they wanted them to have toes in Adventure they could just slap on a texture like they did with their fingers or give them toes in the DX rerelease.

• Nice Smile 1

Well thats the thing we have had several artists work on the series so what is true one second isnt so in another.

Stylistic choices dont matter when this universe alone is chalk full of character design inconsistencies, i mean for petes sake look how many times the human character models have changed.

Sorry but just because its in the original japanese source material doesnt make it official, if we played by those rules Sonics official girlfriend would be a human named Madonna.

Its all up in the air when this universe cant decide what art style it wishes to follow half the damned time

38 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Well thats the thing we have had several artists work on the series so what is true one second isnt so in another.

What does that have to do with their feet?

Stylistic choices dont matter when this universe alone is chalk full of character design inconsistencies, i mean for petes sake look how many times the human character models have changed.

Sorry but just because its in the original japanese source material doesnt make it official

Why? Because you said so? This has nothing to do with the official art that shows Focke Wolf with blobs on his legs.

if we played by those rules Sonics official girlfriend would be a human named Madonna.

You'd have a point if Madonna ever ended up in a game. Sky Patrol is a released game containing characters who weren't scrapped in development. 06 was retconned and that has nothing to do with their official design.

Its all up in the air 

What is? The characters having flipper feet?

It's a part of their design:

wallpaper_132_tikal_02_sp.png

It's consistently a part of their design:

Spoiler

600px-SA1_T_d5.png800px-SA1_A_d5.png583px-Big_SA.png695px-Big_heroes.png399px-Sonicchannel_tikal.png

320px-Darkspine_Sonic.png

You want me to keep going? Despite any art style shift... they still don't have toes.

Big still has flipper feet in Team Sonic Racing:

oXXqmOy.png

Look at the Powerpuff Girls, they canonically don't have fingers:

latest?cb=20120508020045

They had a drastic art style change in a 2014 short:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150717131411

They still don't have fingers because... that's their design. They don't have fingers. Sonic characters not having toes is consistent and I still fail to see what this has to do with the headcanon.

• Nice Smile 1

Not gonna lie: for years, I didn't realize Big was wearing sandals and not wearing dark purple shoes until someone specifically mentioned it.

20 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Why? Because you said so? This has nothing to do with the official art that shows Focke Wolf with blobs on his legs.

You'd have a point if Madonna ever ended up in a game. Sky Patrol is a released game containing characters who weren't scrapped in development. 06 was retconned and that has nothing to do with their official design.

What is? The characters having flipper feet?

It's a part of their design

Again i just feel its laziness, just because its in a game doesnt make it do.

I mean we really dont want her as cannon now do we?

latest?cb=20170809204027

No i dont think so

Japanese games be damned if they never made it stateside.

And official art be damned if the artist cannot get a grasp on basic anatomy.

Official guides can have bad artwork you know

And its not like the Japanese are immune to art critique

1 hour ago, MadmanRB said:

And just because it has a sega label doesnt make it official

That's exactly what that means.. even 06 had to have happened to un-happened. 

59 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Yeah, but what's true now is what's true and has always been true is what's true, not what's hypothetically true tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Japanese games be damned if they never made it stateside.

And official art be damned if the artist cannot get a grasp on basic anatomy

But Sonic games are Japanese games. By that logic, all Sonic art is non-canon because everyone defies anatomical logic. 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, MadmanRB said:

Again i just feel its laziness, just because its in a game doesnt make it do.

It's lazy because they don't look how you want them to look? It's in the games and in official art like I just showed you. I guess Craig Mccracken is lazy because he didn't draw fingers on the Powerpuff girls.

I'm getting the vibe that you want Sonic characters to have toes really badly. There's plenty of fanart out there that gives them toed feet you know. There's also the early Archie comics. 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170513103333

latest?cb=20170809204027

No i dont think so

This is... irrelevant. Not trying to be mean, but I don't see the point in this argument. You want them to have toes so you ignore official Japanese art from a Japanese series because it's not anatomically correct?

• Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

That's exactly what that means.. even 06 had to have happened to un-happened. 

Yeah, but what's true now is what's true and has always been true is what's true, not what's hypothetically true tomorrow.

But Sonic games are Japanese games. By that logic, all Sonic art is non-canon because everyone defies anatomical logic. 

Yeah but you would open Pandoras box as what is defined as canon in the sonic universe.

And just because the series is Japanese in origin doesnt mean we all have to take it as fact.

I mean not everything Japenese is gold.

I mean this series is screwed up in continuity as it is so there is no true defined canon really.

Sega tossed that out the window over the last 10 years

2 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

latest?cb=20170809204027

No i dont think so

Isn't she though? And I thought the attention would be more on her "romance" with Sonic than anything else.

• Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Isn't she though? And I thought the attention would be more on her "romance" with Sonic than anything else.

Are you actually willing to take that slow loading, horribly controlled buggy piece of shit 06 as cannon?

I guess this is a acceptable game too:

700?cb=20140801191413

I mean it has sega all over it must be official

Or if we really want the hypocracy of anything with a sega logo on it as official why isnt this cannon?

latest?cb=20110724213321

It has a sega logo, but wait it hass that character this fandom calls a mary sue in it, here let me fix that with a official mary sue:

1000?cb=20140603102203

Just point out how hypocrictical people are over that sega logo as the end all and be all of what is official and what is not.

If Sonic 06 is cannon so is princess Sally

Just using a little insane troll logic here, continue

In the end i am just poking fun at the notion that everything with a sega logo on it is canon since segasonic purists are fun to poke a stick at.

19 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Are you actually willing to take that slow loading, horribly controlled buggy piece of shit 06 as cannon?

As canon as it wanted to be anyway. And even then, it's not entirely up to it

Image result for sonic generations crisis city menu

Still, Elise was a thing regardless of Solaris or at least Iblis existing or not.

I guess this is a acceptable game too:

700?cb=20140801191413

I mean it has sega all over it must be official

Well, official, yeah. Canon? Well, it's a different universe, but no, not really.

Also, never noticed Lyric himself there.

Or if we really want the hypocracy of anything with a sega logo on it as official why isnt this cannon?

latest?cb=20110724213321

It has a sega logo, but wait it hass that character this fandom calls a mary sue in it, here let me fix that with a official mary sue:

1000?cb=20140603102203

Just point out how hypocrictical people are over that sega logo as the end all and be all of what is official and what is not.

If Sonic 06 is cannon so is princess Sally

Relevant?

26 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Just using a little insane troll logic here, continue

Kinda wish I saw that earlier. 😅

• Nice Smile 1

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

As canon as it wanted to be anyway. And even then, it's not entirely up to it

Image result for sonic generations crisis city menu

Well thing is i think Generations exists in its own timeline as the zones are so wildly different in Generations then they were in the originals plus we had the whole time eater thing.

So is mania more or less as Mania implies that the Phantom ruby can manipulate timespace but that is very up for debate thanks to them having the phantom ruby be such a oddball in Forces.

its possible that mania still exists in the classic timeline as it fits right in with the others but due to the reality warping nature of the phantom ruby (at least that is how it appears in Mania not forces) its uncertain if any of the zones in it take place in the same time space continuum.

Classic Sonic’s projectile from Chaos is canon, a form of manipulating chaos energy, but he considers the move dishonorable and rarely uses it. It’s also a strain on him. 

The Chaos Emeralds are the same between all three worlds, hence why they were inaccessible to the characters in Forces.

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

Classic Sonic’s projectile from Chaos is canon, a form of manipulating chaos energy, but he considers the move dishonorable and rarely uses it. It’s also a strain on him. 

The Chaos Emeralds are the same between all three worlds, hence why they were inaccessible to the characters in Forces.

I like how he finds shooting off Chaos Hadoukens dishonourable but doesn't mind straight up air bending with Aerokinesis. Sonic Wind (SA2), Sonic Wave (Battle), Blue Tornado (Heroes), Tornado (Rush), Whirlwind (Chronicles). Wait... "different" Sonic nevermind.

9 hours ago, MainJP said:

I like how he finds shooting off Chaos Hadoukens dishonourable but doesn't mind straight up air bending with Aerokinesis. Sonic Wind (SA2), Sonic Wave (Battle), Blue Tornado (Heroes), Tornado (Rush), Whirlwind (Chronicles). Wait... "different" Sonic nevermind.

Modern Sonic doesn’t even really know how to do them. Dreamcast Sonic is the energy blast addict. Classic is the one with the strong sense of honor, hence why he dropped the Homing Attack. It’s also too much of a strain on his body.

• Nice Smile 1

Sonic Lost World takes place much earlier in the series' timeline then it's release implies. It's characterization... blunders (Sonic and Tails falling out over moody and rash actions) are more understandable if these events happened earlier in their careers.

@Miragnarok

Dreamcast Sonic is the energy blast addict.

The various power-ups he picks up in the Adventures help to focus the unstable chaos energies.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

Sonic Lost World takes place much earlier in the series' timeline then it's release implies. It's characterization... blunders (Sonic and Tails falling out over moody and rash actions) are more understandable if these events happened earlier in their careers.

I really did consider that possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

I really did consider that possible.

I was fond of the idea as early was Sonic Colors actually (to be clear nothing about Colors narrative needs to be rationalized away like Lost World), I just like the idea of seeing that classic Sonic and Tails dynamic with a modern lense.

Shadow still has a small disdain for humans despite saving the world, however as he sees Sonic celebrated by humans as a hero more, he grows more jealous that as the ultimate life form humans would value Sonic over him as a figure destined to protect them, making him feel self conscious. So a part of him is driven to save humanity from evil threats based on trying to outdo Sonic as the main protector of humans and wanting to be acknowleged as the best hero for the human race.

Infinite made Zavok and Chaos into Prelates. He would do the same to the rest of the Deadly Six. 

• Nice Smile 1