Big Panda

Sonic Headcanons

Captain Whisker and Jhonny from Sonic Rush Adventure are the Sol Dimension counterpart of the Hard Boiled Heavies. It's unknown if there are other members of the gang somewhere, maybe they were destroyed in the past and those two are the only ones remaining.

This brings some questions, such as, if the HBH only exist in the classic timeline, why do a counterpart of them exists in the Sol Dimensionl, in the modern timeline? I think a possible explanation is that while Sonic's dimension was splitted by Time Eater into Modern and Classic, the Sol Dimension is still intact, so it takes aspects from both the Classic and Modern world; another possible explanation would be that, since Whisker was built by both eggmans, it already belongs to both Modern Sonic and Sol dimensions, so it doesn't have a Modern Sonic world counterpart because it already partially is itself.

In Sonic Adventure 2, Tails’ Cyclone has a compartment hidden in the body of the vehicle that slides open and closed to allow other passengers to occupy the plane. It’s how Sonic and Amy were able to escape from Prison Island with Tails, and how Sonic, Amy and Knuckles were able to travel with Tails through the Sky Rail/Pumpkin Hill region to the Pyramid Base.

So there's something I noticed about Tails' artwork in Tails Sky Patrol.

He's holding a Ring:

6N0DkGz.png

In the Chaotix artwork, the Characters are all holding rings. If we put Tails' Sky Patrol art next to the Chaotix art you get this:

6zkQhYn.png

Tails is the missing Chaotix member. Clearly, this artwork was originally intended for Chaotix and Wechnia leftover data is remnants of a playable Tails. Tails was ready to meet some new friends in a bizarre new game.

Unfortunately, Tails had business elsewhere with Sonic so he had to skip out on the game last minute and only had enough time to show up for the Good Ending. His photoshoot artwork was reused for his solo title.

3 hours ago, MainJP said:

So there's something I noticed about Tails' artwork in Tails Sky Patrol.

He's holding a Ring:

6N0DkGz.png

In the Chaotix artwork, the Characters are all holding rings. If we put Tails' Sky Patrol art next to the Chaotix art you get this:

6zkQhYn.png

Tails is the missing Chaotix member. Clearly, this artwork was originally intended for Chaotix and Wechnia leftover data is remnants of a playable Tails. Tails was ready to meet some new friends in a bizarre new game.

Unfortunately, Tails had business elsewhere with Sonic so he had to skip out on the game last minute and only had enough time to show up for the Good Ending. His photoshoot artwork was reused for his solo title.

I would've agreed with this if it wasn't for how [in]distinctly bright and solid colored Tails looks compared to most of them.

4 hours ago, Gotta Go Rational said:

In Sonic Adventure 2, Tails’ Cyclone has a compartment hidden in the body of the vehicle that slides open and closed to allow other passengers to occupy the plane. It’s how Sonic and Amy were able to escape from Prison Island with Tails, and how Sonic, Amy and Knuckles were able to travel with Tails through the Sky Rail/Pumpkin Hill region to the Pyramid Base.

When escaping from Prison Island, there should've been a cutscene making fun of Indiana Jones. 

Sonic (panicking): Tails! START THE ENGINE! TAILS! 

I've got a few of them, mostly useless and related to me thinking too much about the "two world" setting, though :

- The animal world is called "Mobius" and the human world is called "Earth" (I want to believe)

- The animal world is pretty wild and don't have strong state like earth/human world.

- Robotnik's doctorate/research were both in biology and mechanics and was about using life force to power mechanics. It's the basis of his animal batteries, his use of the hyper-go-on energy or his use of the Earth life force in Lost World. It might have been invalided for being a tad unethical.

- I can't help but imagine the "portal" as some kind of gigantic mechanical construction, because I love big mechanical stuff.

- The "four great civilization" are four mobian civilizations that got to do world-travel. (and I imagined that a non-echidna replacement for the 4th Great Civilisation could be that it's a non-echidna civilization that used echidna as servant when they rebelled :V Not really usefull though, it could be more interesting to completely sever the link if Chronicles isn't canon, even if it can explain Echidnas presence on Earth, though.)

- Sonic Advance 3 "fused" worlds temporarily.

22 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

- The animal world is called "Mobius" and the human world is called "Earth" (I want to believe)

- The animal world is pretty wild and don't have strong state like earth/human world.

- Sonic Advance 3 "fused" worlds temporarily.

Essentially.

20 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

- Robotnik's doctorate/research were both in biology and mechanics and was about using life force to power mechanics. It's the basis of his animal batteries, his use of the hyper-go-on energy or his use of the Earth life force in Lost World. It might have been invalided for being a tad unethical.

♪Aboard the ARK a genius at heart

Who wanted to unlock the mysteries of life--I am the EGGMAN!

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I would've agreed with this if it wasn't for how [in]distinctly bright and solid colored Tails looks compared to most of them.

Mighty’s kinda like that isn’t he? I always thought Mighty and Vector looked weird in comparison to everyone else. Knuckles and Espio’s rings are thick and shaped similarly to each other’s but look different from the other rings more thin and wide shape, Tails’ ring matches the rest. The shading on his Hand’s look real similar to Mighty, Charmy and Vector’s hands  as well. I dunno, thought it looked similar enough.

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That artwork is for Tails Sky Patrol.

I said it was from Sky Patrol twice. It’s just a weird head canon that assumes game appearances are similar to acting roles and are just gigs they acquire, kinda like how Mr. Miyamoto revealed that Super Mario Bros. 3 was just a play and not an actual adventure.

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

♪Aboard the ARK a genius at heart

Who wanted to unlock the mysteries of life--I am the EGGMAN!

Wow, I didn't even thought about these lyrics xD

4 minutes ago, MainJP said:

I said it was from Sky Patrol twice. It’s just a weird head canon that assumes game appearances are similar to acting roles and are just gigs they acquire, kinda like how Mr. Miyamoto revealed that Super Mario Bros. 3 was just a play and not an actual adventure.

Wow, I really need to read posts properly.

13 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Mighty’s kinda like that isn’t he? I always thought Mighty and Vector looked weird in comparison to everyone else. Knuckles and Espio’s rings are thick and shaped similarly to each other’s but look different from the other rings more thin and wide shape, Tails’ ring matches the rest. The shading on his Hand’s look real similar to Mighty, Charmy and Vector’s hands  as well. I dunno, thought it looked similar enough.

I meant in terms of the artwork/stlye. Knuckles Chaotix uses this "harder" colors on the characters with this thin shinyness present to make them seem sleek.

Vector is indeed the closest to an exception there by virtue of how mostly bright colored he is compared to everyone else.

When Shadow orders a new pair of shoes, they always come in sprues and require some snap-fit assembly. The pieces already come molded in the right colors but will always look better if he paints them, give them a bit of weathering and seals it with some clear coat.

The way the artwork in Chaotix worked is that the art team basically directly used the art submitted to them, regardless of the differences in art styles (so, for example, Ohshima's Vector isn't consistent with Miyake's Espio). They tried their best to fit them together but you can still tell in some places. 

27 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The way the artwork in Chaotix worked is that the art team basically directly used the art submitted to them, regardless of the differences in art styles (so, for example, Ohshima's Vector isn't consistent with Miyake's Espio). They tried their best to fit them together but you can still tell in some places. 

So, it was an fun little compilation of varied characters even in it's artwork?

Besides Amy, the only other character I think uses magic is Espio in the form of ninpō as well as rituals such as kuji-kiri (the nine mudras performed with the fingers).

I brought this up briefly in the Archie topic, but never thought to post it here.

Blaze’s story in the post-SGW timeline up to Worlds Collide is not identical to the games, but is actually kind of a mixture of the games and how her journey played out in the pre-SGW timeline.

• Blaze’s story began in the comics version of Sonic Rush. It’s a lot closer to how the game played out but not completely. Most noteably the final boss battle didn’t happen, and Blaze hadn’t found all the Sol Emeralds by the end.
  • Next, Sonic Rush Adventure happens. It plays out identically to how it played out in the original timeline (as seen in SU#1). Blaze has found more of the Sol Emeralds but not all of them.
  • Next up is...Sonic Colours! Blaze arrives at Eggman’s amusement park, and events play out similarly to her appearance in the DS version at first, but then she sets out for what she came there to do: there’s a Sol Emerald somewhere in the park. She eventually reunites with Amy and Cream, and a series of events play out not unlike those seen in Treasure Team Tango. Blaze has now found six of the emeralds. She decides to remain in the Prime Zone as the emeralds she has are telling her that she’ll be needed there in the not too distant future.
  • Blaze attends Sonic’s birthday party, and she’s pulled into Eggman’s Time Eater shenanigans (Sonic Generations). After helping Sonic and the other heroes, Blaze continues celebrating Sonic’s birthday, before eventually returning to the Sol Zone.
  • Worlds Collide, and then Pirate Plunder Panic happens.