Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

Captain Whisker and Jhonny from Sonic Rush Adventure are the Sol Dimension counterpart of the Hard Boiled Heavies. It's unknown if there are other members of the gang somewhere, maybe they were destroyed in the past and those two are the only ones remaining.

This brings some questions, such as, if the HBH only exist in the classic timeline, why do a counterpart of them exists in the Sol Dimensionl, in the modern timeline? I think a possible explanation is that while Sonic's dimension was splitted by Time Eater into Modern and Classic, the Sol Dimension is still intact, so it takes aspects from both the Classic and Modern world; another possible explanation would be that, since Whisker was built by both eggmans, it already belongs to both Modern Sonic and Sol dimensions, so it doesn't have a Modern Sonic world counterpart because it already partially is itself.

In Sonic Adventure 2, Tails’ Cyclone has a compartment hidden in the body of the vehicle that slides open and closed to allow other passengers to occupy the plane. It’s how Sonic and Amy were able to escape from Prison Island with Tails, and how Sonic, Amy and Knuckles were able to travel with Tails through the Sky Rail/Pumpkin Hill region to the Pyramid Base.

So there's something I noticed about Tails' artwork in Tails Sky Patrol.

He's holding a Ring:

6N0DkGz.png

In the Chaotix artwork, the Characters are all holding rings. If we put Tails' Sky Patrol art next to the Chaotix art you get this:

6zkQhYn.png

Tails is the missing Chaotix member. Clearly, this artwork was originally intended for Chaotix and Wechnia leftover data is remnants of a playable Tails. Tails was ready to meet some new friends in a bizarre new game.

Unfortunately, Tails had business elsewhere with Sonic so he had to skip out on the game last minute and only had enough time to show up for the Good Ending. His photoshoot artwork was reused for his solo title.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, MainJP said:

So there's something I noticed about Tails' artwork in Tails Sky Patrol.

He's holding a Ring:

6N0DkGz.png

In the Chaotix artwork, the Characters are all holding rings. If we put Tails' Sky Patrol art next to the Chaotix art you get this:

6zkQhYn.png

Tails is the missing Chaotix member. Clearly, this artwork was originally intended for Chaotix and Wechnia leftover data is remnants of a playable Tails. Tails was ready to meet some new friends in a bizarre new game.

Unfortunately, Tails had business elsewhere with Sonic so he had to skip out on the game last minute and only had enough time to show up for the Good Ending. His photoshoot artwork was reused for his solo title.

I would've agreed with this if it wasn't for how [in]distinctly bright and solid colored Tails looks compared to most of them.

4 hours ago, Gotta Go Rational said:

In Sonic Adventure 2, Tails’ Cyclone has a compartment hidden in the body of the vehicle that slides open and closed to allow other passengers to occupy the plane. It’s how Sonic and Amy were able to escape from Prison Island with Tails, and how Sonic, Amy and Knuckles were able to travel with Tails through the Sky Rail/Pumpkin Hill region to the Pyramid Base.

When escaping from Prison Island, there should've been a cutscene making fun of Indiana Jones. 

Sonic (panicking): Tails! START THE ENGINE! TAILS! 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

I've got a few of them, mostly useless and related to me thinking too much about the "two world" setting, though :

- The animal world is called "Mobius" and the human world is called "Earth" (I want to believe)

- The animal world is pretty wild and don't have strong state like earth/human world.

- Robotnik's doctorate/research were both in biology and mechanics and was about using life force to power mechanics. It's the basis of his animal batteries, his use of the hyper-go-on energy or his use of the Earth life force in Lost World. It might have been invalided for being a tad unethical.

- I can't help but imagine the "portal" as some kind of gigantic mechanical construction, because I love big mechanical stuff.

- The "four great civilization" are four mobian civilizations that got to do world-travel. (and I imagined that a non-echidna replacement for the 4th Great Civilisation could be that it's a non-echidna civilization that used echidna as servant when they rebelled :V Not really usefull though, it could be more interesting to completely sever the link if Chronicles isn't canon, even if it can explain Echidnas presence on Earth, though.)

- Sonic Advance 3 "fused" worlds temporarily.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

22 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

- The animal world is called "Mobius" and the human world is called "Earth" (I want to believe)

- The animal world is pretty wild and don't have strong state like earth/human world.

- Sonic Advance 3 "fused" worlds temporarily.

Essentially.

20 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

- Robotnik's doctorate/research were both in biology and mechanics and was about using life force to power mechanics. It's the basis of his animal batteries, his use of the hyper-go-on energy or his use of the Earth life force in Lost World. It might have been invalided for being a tad unethical.

♪Aboard the ARK a genius at heart

Who wanted to unlock the mysteries of life--I am the EGGMAN!

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I would've agreed with this if it wasn't for how [in]distinctly bright and solid colored Tails looks compared to most of them.

Mighty’s kinda like that isn’t he? I always thought Mighty and Vector looked weird in comparison to everyone else. Knuckles and Espio’s rings are thick and shaped similarly to each other’s but look different from the other rings more thin and wide shape, Tails’ ring matches the rest. The shading on his Hand’s look real similar to Mighty, Charmy and Vector’s hands  as well. I dunno, thought it looked similar enough.

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That artwork is for Tails Sky Patrol.

I said it was from Sky Patrol twice. It’s just a weird head canon that assumes game appearances are similar to acting roles and are just gigs they acquire, kinda like how Mr. Miyamoto revealed that Super Mario Bros. 3 was just a play and not an actual adventure.

• Nice Smile 1

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

♪Aboard the ARK a genius at heart

Who wanted to unlock the mysteries of life--I am the EGGMAN!

Wow, I didn't even thought about these lyrics xD

4 minutes ago, MainJP said:

I said it was from Sky Patrol twice. It’s just a weird head canon that assumes game appearances are similar to acting roles and are just gigs they acquire, kinda like how Mr. Miyamoto revealed that Super Mario Bros. 3 was just a play and not an actual adventure.

Wow, I really need to read posts properly.

13 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Mighty’s kinda like that isn’t he? I always thought Mighty and Vector looked weird in comparison to everyone else. Knuckles and Espio’s rings are thick and shaped similarly to each other’s but look different from the other rings more thin and wide shape, Tails’ ring matches the rest. The shading on his Hand’s look real similar to Mighty, Charmy and Vector’s hands  as well. I dunno, thought it looked similar enough.

I meant in terms of the artwork/stlye. Knuckles Chaotix uses this "harder" colors on the characters with this thin shinyness present to make them seem sleek.

Vector is indeed the closest to an exception there by virtue of how mostly bright colored he is compared to everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

Due to recent events, Mobians are now considered an endangered species on a cosmic level. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When Shadow orders a new pair of shoes, they always come in sprues and require some snap-fit assembly. The pieces already come molded in the right colors but will always look better if he paints them, give them a bit of weathering and seals it with some clear coat.

• Chuckle 1

The way the artwork in Chaotix worked is that the art team basically directly used the art submitted to them, regardless of the differences in art styles (so, for example, Ohshima's Vector isn't consistent with Miyake's Espio). They tried their best to fit them together but you can still tell in some places. 

• Nice Smile 1

27 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The way the artwork in Chaotix worked is that the art team basically directly used the art submitted to them, regardless of the differences in art styles (so, for example, Ohshima's Vector isn't consistent with Miyake's Espio). They tried their best to fit them together but you can still tell in some places. 

So, it was an fun little compilation of varied characters even in it's artwork?

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So, it was an fun little compilation of varied characters even in it's artwork?

In essence, yeah. I mean three of them are Ohshima art anyway, but still. 

Besides Amy, the only other character I think uses magic is Espio in the form of ninpō as well as rituals such as kuji-kiri (the nine mudras performed with the fingers).

• 3 weeks later...

Silver is cursed to be forever stuck in the “bad future” of each major scenario that occurs in Sonic’s time (like Eggman winning at the end of Sonic Forces). Eventually, he will decide that he belongs in the present battling alongside Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

The Abrahamic God exists in the Boom universe, rather than any of the existing franchise deities. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I brought this up briefly in the Archie topic, but never thought to post it here.

Blaze’s story in the post-SGW timeline up to Worlds Collide is not identical to the games, but is actually kind of a mixture of the games and how her journey played out in the pre-SGW timeline.

• Blaze’s story began in the comics version of Sonic Rush. It’s a lot closer to how the game played out but not completely. Most noteably the final boss battle didn’t happen, and Blaze hadn’t found all the Sol Emeralds by the end.
  • Next, Sonic Rush Adventure happens. It plays out identically to how it played out in the original timeline (as seen in SU#1). Blaze has found more of the Sol Emeralds but not all of them.
  • Next up is...Sonic Colours! Blaze arrives at Eggman’s amusement park, and events play out similarly to her appearance in the DS version at first, but then she sets out for what she came there to do: there’s a Sol Emerald somewhere in the park. She eventually reunites with Amy and Cream, and a series of events play out not unlike those seen in Treasure Team Tango. Blaze has now found six of the emeralds. She decides to remain in the Prime Zone as the emeralds she has are telling her that she’ll be needed there in the not too distant future.
  • Blaze attends Sonic’s birthday party, and she’s pulled into Eggman’s Time Eater shenanigans (Sonic Generations). After helping Sonic and the other heroes, Blaze continues celebrating Sonic’s birthday, before eventually returning to the Sol Zone.
  • Worlds Collide, and then Pirate Plunder Panic happens.
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the belief that Blaze is at least 16 years of age, if not 17.

As it is, when compared to other Sonic characters of that age, 14 does NOT seem like Blaze's age, yet that's how old she is. It's ridiculous.

• Promotion 1

Headcanon: The reason Infinite in-universe had such a limited use of the Phantom Ruby is not only because he wasn't it's master, but also because he's creatively sterile. The only time he's ever creative about something is when it involves being a sadist or bullying his enemies, hence why most of his creations involve weaponry or methods of intimidation, and even then he never really seems to be capable of doing any particularly creative methods of confusing or defeating enemies.

Tellingly it also extends to how he deals with the aftermath of his encounter with Shadow. Before then, he was a rough snarly bully type, sadistic but has connections to others. Afterwards, he starts basically acting like a pale imitation of Shadow, since Shadow is generally aloof, tends to fight alone, can be pretty intimidating, and while usually a terse talker who prefers to get to the point, can have moments where he speaks in a very flowery and dramatic manner (SA2 and 06). Infinite, being the kind of person he is mentioned above, naturally copies him but lacks any of the understanding or nuance behind Shadow's behavior, instead coming off as a poor-man's rip off of him.

Interestingly enough, it also parallels him to the Avatar, who has many of the same elements in his own backstory such as getting curbstomped by a powerful enemy, but how they go about things is quite different, especially in a creative sense. If Infinite is creatively sterile, then the Avatar is comparatively creative fertile, since not only can they have a wide variety of costumes and clothing choices, but they also have a wide variety of means to defeat their enemies via the Wispons, which despite being made from the same energies and species are varied in their method of dealing with fights. Comparatively, Infinite despite his name and having an artifact that could theoretically enable him to do just about anything is simply too creatively bankrupt and sadistic to use it for anything except as the Reality Warping version of a crude club, and he sticks with a straightforward clothing choice and doesn't ever vary it.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=932424&type=status

I kinda feel like the copyright joke in Colors would have worked better with Eggman. Like maybe Eggman notes that his Death Egg and Death Egg Robots (rename them to Egg Destroyers) are based on a parody of Star Wars (Galactic Battles?), Orbot/Cubot notes the potential for copyright infringement, and then Eggman makes the copyright joke.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=929957&type=status

I think a good personality for the Tails Doll would be that of an unintentionally creepy Minion with an F in Evil, who's basically defective. Basically he tries to be a good robot minion to Eggman (who also might want friends since most robots think he's a broken mess, while Eggman doesn't give a shit about him), but he's not particularly imposing and the only time he really freaks anyone out is only by accident, either by popping up at random in creepy locations, saying "Can You Feel the Sunshine" in an ominous tone without really understanding how creepy he sounds, or maybe he accidentally reveals that he has a Mangle-like machine skeleton (ala FNAF) underneath his doll covering, which scares the crap out of people without any intent on his part.

Though to be honest that makes him sound like Mimikyu.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=927142&type=status

Here’s my take on Snivelly as a hypothetical game character:

-His birth name is Snyder “Snivelly” Robotnik.

-He spent a lot of his early life with Julian Robotnik, Eggman’s Dad and young Ivo when he was a kid.

-Julian was abusive towards Snivelly and spoiled Ivo rotten, causing the former to be supremely resentful.

-Snivelly eventually had enough and sabotaged Julian’s project In his company, resulting in his untimely death (though he was an asshole so no one cared). Snivelly changed his name into Snyder Snidewell to avoid scrutiny.

-His life goal is to have a scientific legacy akin to Gerald Robotnik prior to the ARK incident, but he’s considered a second rate nobody by Robotnik standards, being smart but not a genius. This played a part in Julian’s abuse towards him and his own eventual resentment towards Eggman.

-He feels incredible anger towards GUNfor their role in killing Gerald and Maria, and for tarnishing the Robotnik family name, and he sees Eggman as a spoiled brat who never grew up, and who’s destroying the Robotnik family name even further with his world domination antics. As such, on top of his goal for leaving his own legacy behind, he also wants to wipe out both Eggman and GUN to erase the sins of the Robotnik family and restore their family honor.

-Eggman barely remembers who he is due to him being an asskissing toady to his Dad, but also because Snivelly was so boring that he honestly forgot he existed. This pisses off Snivelly even more especially considering he finds it unfair that Eggman inherited the intellect he wants, yet squanders it on what he sees as frivolous.

Thoughts?

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=926908&type=status

Random thought: Some part of me wanted Orbot to still be named SA-55, and Cubot to be called B4-K4 or something like that, because in-universe it was intended to be B4-CK (backsass), but somehow ended up spelling Baka (Japanese for idiot), making the naming both a bad pun and a joke at the same time.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=929640&type=status

If there's one character dynamic that I've found to be severely underutilized, it's Sonic and Omega. I've truthfully believed that Sonic (at least his game counterpart, not so sure about his Boom counterpart) at least has a bit of Fantastic Racism against sentient robots, especially Eggman built robots. The only time he's willing to give robots a chance is only if someone vouches for them or they prove to be not evil, like Amy vouching for Gamma.

It would honestly be an interesting dynamic for him to be around Omega, considering that while Omega is certainly against Eggman, he's still a violent and belligerently homicidal war machine who doesn't really have much liking for anyone other than Team Dark. The fact that he was a former Eggman robot and is still like this would actually create some interesting tension between him and the robot-wary Sonic.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=926535&type=status

I've always felt that one overlooked aspect of Shadow's character (or at least something that I think could be a character trait) is that he's likely been given a decent amount of intelligence by Gerald, but he's also the most emotionally stunted and possibly far less emotionally mature considering that he technically only lived for a short period of time before the traumatizing events on the ARK. I kinda feel like it's a bit of a wasted opportunity that this aspect of his character was never put into consideration for exploration, of an emotionally stunted person with far more intelligence than average trying to do what he believes is right, but due to his own cynicism and lack of proper role models for the short time he's existed (again not including his time in stasis), ends up having serious deficiencies when it comes to dealing with emotional situations or anything that requires a more nuanced method of action, despite being able to intellectually understand the gray areas of morality. And he ultimately covers this up with stoicism and/or snarkiness and occasional dickishness.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=926512&type=status

Frankly speaking in regards to Forces, while I do think Eggman himself would find the idea of intentionally torturing Sonic to be too personal and messy for someone like himself (since he no doubt considers himself too sophisticated and above that sort of thing, and he would probably prefer to torment Sonic psychologically via showing the world being conquered and taunting Sonic about his failure), I do actually think that INFINITE would probably be a more likely candidate to resort to torture, considering his sadism and it could tie in with his background as a mercenary. Plus just because Eggman doesn't like the idea of torture doesn't mean that he cares if someone ELSE does the torturing.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=926196&type=status

Minor headcanon: I’d like to think that in some alternate universe, Rotor the Walrus is the oldest son of Lady Walrus from Sonic Boom, but he left home to pursue his dream of engineering because he found her too overbearing and snobbish in her wealth. Her somewhat lax behavior with Chumley is because she feels she was too strict, but swung too far in the other direction by being too inattentive and lax.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=925900&type=status

Metal Sonic in Sonic Heroes is one of those things that I think really was a bit of a wasted opportunity, at least thematically. The implication that he wants to be someone better/different than Sonic is a pretty typical thing for clones/mechanical copies, but add in the fact that he was absorbing data of other life forms, could be interpreted as him trying to develop himself into someone different, but he's too creatively sterile and unable to change without assimilating or just copying what others do without necessarily understanding what those differences mean, hence playing a part in his ultimate madness.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=921993&type=status

Reaction: In an alternate universe, Infinite gets a chunk of his face burned off due to a slightly misaimed Chaos Spear from his battle with Shadow, leaving him writhing in agony as Shadow more or less doesn't give a damn/doesn't notice due to something else coming up and leaves. Then Infinite gets up, both humiliated and in extreme pain and swears vengeance in extreme rage. Also explains why Infinite's helmet only covers one eye; his burned face damaged his eye, leaving the way he is.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=921817&type=status

I have a lot of free time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1