Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

46 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Metal Sonic in Sonic Heroes is one of those things that I think really was a bit of a wasted opportunity,

Given how much of a hard time I give classic Metal Sonic for being silent bodyguard-bot, I liked Neo Metal because it was the first time Metal's ever displayed a genuine personality (game-wise at least).

Incompetent Tails Doll.

All I can think about is how well he would of fit right in with the SSSS Squad. xD

Speaking of wasted character threads, and Shadow, I've always lamented that he's never had any major interactions with Amy following his space dive. I feel like they should be on better terms then they are, or maybe not... she did (unwittingly) talk him into martyrdom after all. Point is there's an interesting character beat right there that's never had any kind of follow up or closer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

12 hours ago, Cuz said:

Speaking of wasted character threads, and Shadow, I've always lamented that he's never had any major interactions with Amy following his space dive. I feel like they should be on better terms then they are, or maybe not... she did (unwittingly) talk him into martyrdom after all. Point is there's an interesting character beat right there that's never had any kind of follow up or closer.

It's a SEGA mandate that Amy can't have meaningful interactions with anyone

18 hours ago, Scape said:

I know this is meant as a none serious jab, but I'm gonna give a serious defense just because.

Pairing her with Silver and Elise in '06 was a good example of how she can be a positive influence to characters like Shadow during his amnesia-idled indecision.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2018 at 12:51 AM, Polkadi~♪ said:

I have the belief that Blaze is at least 16 years of age, if not 17.

As it is, when compared to other Sonic characters of that age, 14 does NOT seem like Blaze's age, yet that's how old she is. It's ridiculous.

Eh, some people can seem far younger or far older than they actually are during the broad interactions.

I agree that Blaze does seem like she really should be older, though.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:23 AM, Scape said:

...Can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Eggman was trusted by Knuckles because he actually resembled a minor deity of the Echidnas. This is supported by not only the mural, but also his face appearing on a platform in Chaos Angel Zone. 

On 9/3/2018 at 5:51 AM, Polkadi~♪ said:

I have the belief that Blaze is at least 16 years of age, if not 17.

As it is, when compared to other Sonic characters of that age, 14 does NOT seem like Blaze's age, yet that's how old she is. It's ridiculous.

My stance on the characters' ages is just that none of them really make sense or work. None of the characters act their age at all. Cream, Charmy and Tails are all children, but they can't be likened to a specific age. Vector and Rouge and probably older than most of the rest of the cast, but again specific ages are difficult to come to. 

You kinda just have to ignore the official ages. It's not exactly like they matter anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really don't think it's hard to say Sonic characters are just more mature due to their circumstances. They don't act that far out of their age ranges for the canon ages to be implausible imo

Blaze is simply royalty and had to accept responsibility at a young age.

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

I really don't think it's hard to say Sonic characters are just more mature due to their circumstances. They don't act that far out of their age ranges for the canon ages to be implausible imo

Nah, definitely disagree on that. They're so far removed from realism in terms of the world that they live in and the powers/abilities that they have that attempting to draw any connection to real-world ages just seems unnecessary at best and random at worst. The ages are official, but I guess my headcanon is just to ignore them and take their ages as broad strokes.

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

That would debatably further explain some of her emotional issues under more inward aimed pressure.

4 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Nah, definitely disagree on that. They're so far removed from realism in terms of the world that they live in and the powers/abilities that they have that attempting to draw any connection to real-world ages just seems unnecessary at best and random at worst. The ages are official, but I guess my headcanon is just to ignore them and take their ages as broad strokes.

The fact that they're far removed from the real world would make their ages easier to accept if anything, lol. I just never got why this has been so hard to comprehend for many.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The fact that they're far removed from the real world would make their ages easier to accept if anything, lol. I just never got why this has been so hard to comprehend for many.

That's kinda the thing with works that feature predominantly teenage and adolescent main casts--there's only so much wiggle room before you get Chad.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Lol, I look at it the exact same way to say that the ages are so totally arbitrary, thus making it harder to accept that anyone would bother to give them ages in the first place.

Japan is way more obsessed with vital statistics than Western media, from what I've seen. That results in stuff like Mario of all characters having their height and age confirmed but there being nothing like that for Crash or Spyro. Heck,the Overwatch cast haves ages but not any other basic statistics. 

• Nice Smile 1

I’m honestly kind of surprised that we don’t know the characters blood types, since that seems to be a thing in a lot of Japanese character profiles.

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I’m honestly kind of surprised that we don’t know the characters blood types, since that seems to be a thing in a lot of Japanese character profiles.

Do game!(and presumably IDW) Mobians even have blood as humans would understand it? 

20 hours ago, Scape said:

Classic Amy would recognize Team Hooligan

This one spawned a head cannon where Amy's Rosy the Rascal nickname came from her being a junior member of the Hooligans before her trip to Little Planet in Sonic CD. I can already see Fang taking advantage of Amy's knack for fortune telling to plan his next gig.

I believe there's a rule where even though Amy's a hedgehog she can't have a story that revolves around her.   

1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I believe there's a rule where even though Amy's a hedgehog she can't have a story that revolves around her.   

When I said "It's a SEGA mandate that Amy can't have meaningful interactions with anyone" I was obviously joking. Of course there could be a story that revolves around her if the writers have an ounce of creativity. I think what you're referring to is that she can't have a Super Form.

Just now, Scape said:

When I said "It's a SEGA mandate that Amy can't have meaningful interactions with anyone" I was obviously joking. Of course there could be a story that revolves around her if the writers have an ounce of creativity. I think what you're referring to is that she can't have a Super Form.

I wasn't talking about your post, I'm annoyed plots and story don't use Amy like the other hedgehogs and both Sonic & Shadow didn't go super in Forces at the end of their stories.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:02 AM, Cuz said:

Given how much of a hard time I give classic Metal Sonic for being silent bodyguard-bot, I liked Neo Metal because it was the first time Metal's ever displayed a genuine personality (game-wise at least).

All I can think about is how well he would of fit right in with the SSSS Squad. xD

Yeah Amy and pretty much anyone who isn't fucking Sonic is wasted potential out of the ass. They only write the girl for the sole purpose of orbiting Sonic.. not even Tails & Knuckles get the same treatment.

17 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

My stance on the characters' ages is just that none of them really make sense or work. None of the characters act their age at all. Cream, Charmy and Tails are all children, but they can't be likened to a specific age. Vector and Rouge and probably older than most of the rest of the cast, but again specific ages are difficult to come to. 

You kinda just have to ignore the official ages. It's not exactly like they matter anyway.

Honestly (Save for Cream and Charmy) I just ignore the ages we're given. Sonic feels more like he's in his mid to late 20's than 15 or 16 to me more often than not. 

Like Charmy is clearly a little kid with his hyperactivity and Cream is obviously 5. But everyone else does not feel the ages they're given to me. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Honestly (Save for Cream and Charmy) I just ignore the ages we're given. Sonic feels more like he's in his mid to late 20's than 15 or 16 to me more often than not. 

Like Charmy is clearly a little kid with his hyperactivity and Cream is obviously 5. But everyone else does not feel the ages they're given to me. 

Actually, both are 6.

8 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That's because blood types are used like horoscopes over there.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2018 at 5:41 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

On 9/7/2018 at 2:41 AM, Cuz said:

That's because blood types are used like horoscopes over there.

I did once find out it's claimed to be a common question to dates whatever bloodtype they have, since bloodtype is considered to connect strongly into one's personality or something. I can't be certain but I think it sounds convincing enough.

Thus I wouldn't really wonder why we don't know that kind of stuff about Sonic characters, no need to give any more (love) material like that, especially if they don't have any real grasp on the personalities in first place...

Of course, they could just make up some bloodtypes and call it a day...

How I found out about this is because of One Piece, I can't remember too well but I wouldn't be surprised if it was from another one of translator's notes... they translate the SBS in here as well after all. 😄

You know, the moment some old geezer gives out even his own bloodtype while introducing himself while inside a whale's tummy it's a bit funny.

• Nice Smile 1