Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

Semi-Sonic related: Felicia exists as one of the gameless characters in Litwak’s arcade. She ended up taking the Q-Bert characters off of Ralph and Felix’s hands to find new work, hence why they are no longer working together with the two of them. 

26 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

Espio is half unicorn and half chameleon .

How do you even come to that headcanon?

4 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

How do you even come to that headcanon?

Unicorns have a single horn and only allow virgins to approach them. Espio has a single horn and works with Vector and Charmy. It checks out.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Unicorns have a single horn and only allow virgins to approach them. Espio has a single horn and works with Vector and Charmy. It checks out.

I'm glad I asked. This makes so much sense now.

59 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

What the foooq?

Some kind of cronenberg monster exists in IDW, made out of the vestiges of old continuities, most notably the Post-SGW one.

• 4 weeks later...

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=944794&type=status

Reaction/Maybe Headcanon: Knuckles actually has a terrible sense of direction, and the only reason he can find his way is because years of being exposed to the Master Emerald has led to him being able to sense where it is. THis also does enable him to sense the general direction of people with Chaos powers, but it’s very abstract at best. Coincidentally the only reason he can navigate Angel Island so easily is because he’s gotten lost on there so many times he just now remembers it by muscle memory alone. That said, he still can’t find his way around anywhere else otherwise, and the reason why he always seems to be hanging around with Sonic and the others is because he wants to go exploring outside of Angel Island, but due to his abysmal sense of direction, he instead just goes for the nearest Chaos Energy signature he can find and just follows Sonic to whatever adventure he’s on right then, under the pretense of something silly to avoid admit he’d get lost otherwise.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-seneddtor-missile/?status=945771&type=status

Random thought/headcanon?: Rouge loves stealing gems and treasure hunting because she sees it as more challenging  and thrilling than her job as a government agent. This might sound strange considering government espionage isn’t easy and high tech security would seem harder, but if you take into consideration:

1) how often ruins in the Sonic-verse tend to be ancient tombs for demons and monsters (ala Lyric).

2) have bizarre traps or weird ancient artifacts ala the Ark of the Cosmos from Riders Zero Gravity.

3) how the usual government facilities would probably have standardized security equipment that Rouge has no doubt seen hundreds of times, whereas each ruin or temple could differ drastically in terms of security systems and thus offer different challenges.

Treasure Hunting would probably be considered a pretty daredevil and high risk high reward sort of occupation that would be one hell of an adrenaline rush for someone like Rouge.

I also like to tie this into another headcanon I had about Rouge, in that she was born into poverty and resorted to stealing as a means to survive, but when she started stealing gems from corrupt elites, she found a thrill from taking from the powerful, and the thrill of challenging herself at difficult security systems, hence why she’s fine with being both a treasure hunter and a government agent; it allows her more freedom than if she was a pure criminal and enables her to keep herself entertained and challenged.

Granted, I think that as a drawback, she’s would be on terrible terms with her parent(s) as a result, because her family worked hard and were normal folk trying to rise above their poverty through lawful means, despite the fact that the corruption of society made it difficult for such a thing to happen, and her stealing created a massive rift, in part because her success at stealing spits in the face of following the law, while also doubling as commentary on how lopsided society was towards rewarding corrupt acts while normal/poor people get fucked over for playing by the rules. That and it offended them on a personal level, and Rouge hasn’t reconciled with her parents since.

My headcanon for Knuckles is that unlike Sonic he doesn't chuckle.

He rather flex his muscles.

I stop now.

• Chuckle 1

Eggman told Knuckles that Sonic took on the form of the hedgehog statues in Hydrocity to deceive his victims, and it worked. Little did he know that this was a clue into Eggman’s true nature. Said statues are an analogue to the Terra-cotta Army in China.

Going off of a different conversation, I know find myself believing that Cream and Amy's friendship stems from Cream perceiving Amy as an unruly chao who needs to be raised properly to reach their full potential. They only get along because they're both generally kind and believe in helping people but for the most part Cream's naivety in seeing chao and people as the same has resulted in her biting off more than she can chew with Amy but is also why she doesn't give up on Amy as she believes she can reach her potential with her help like all of the chao she knows.

In Sonic 3, Eggman built Mecha Sonic for the sole purpose of decieving Knuckles.

After Mecha Sonic wreaks havoc on Angel Island, Eggman's false story of Sonic being the one trying to steal the Chaos Emeralds is more plausible for Knuckles to believe. (Bear in mind, Knuckles has never met Sonic before) Mecha Sonic moves so fast that Knuckles made the honest mistake of thinking the two are the same person.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:12 PM, Myst said:

In Sonic 3, Eggman built Mecha Sonic for the sole purpose of decieving Knuckles.

After Mecha Sonic wreaks havoc on Angel Island, Eggman's false story of Sonic being the one trying to steal the Chaos Emeralds is more plausible for Knuckles to believe. (Bear in mind, Knuckles has never met Sonic before) Mecha Sonic moves so fast that Knuckles made the honest mistake of thinking the two are the same person.

I wanna support this because it's plausible and makes Knuckles' gullibility make more sense, but I feel like it goes beyond headcanon into rewrite territory.

I don't think this is a headcanon so much as the way it read, but Cream was initially refusing to fight in the Gimme Shelter due to being taken aback by Emerl's eager to destroy behavior.

Vanilla the Rabbit is a devout Catholic. Tails, on the other hand, is an atheist. The reason Cream hasn't shown up in recent games is that Vanilla fears Tails is a bad influence.

1 hour ago, Heckboy said:

Vanilla the Rabbit is a devout Catholic. Tails, on the other hand, is an atheist. The reason Cream hasn't shown up in recent games is that Vanilla fears Tails is a bad influence.

Cheese and Rice, wtf?!

Headcanon: Sonic in my mind is actually a terrible mentor, because of his status as the Ace and being an instant expert a good chunk of the time. Him being able to pick up on things easily due to natural talent makes him a devastating opponent and fighter, and he is very good at inspiring others due to his natural charisma, but this comes at the drawback of not being able to teach anyone what he learns very well because he honestly didn’t have to struggle very much except in rare circumstances, and he isn’t used to dealing with people who legitimately have to struggle to achieve what he does so effortlessly. Additionally, his own impatient personality means he rarely gives enough time for people to grasp anything he might have to say because he’s used to rushing through things, and thus struggles to help those who lag behind. 

Tails is an exception because he actually has a natural knack for figuring out things due to having to spend time alone before meeting Sonic and thus having enough intuition to emulate Sonic’s tougher abilities on his own. HIS only shortcoming at the time was lacking self-confidence, something which Sonic can encourage easily, but Sonic didn’t really ever have to teach him much of anything.

10 hours ago, Heckboy said:

Ah, so that's why Vector likes her. All coming together now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

when I played sonic 3 and knuckles and found the super Emeralds  it made me wonder did south island have its own set of emeralds?  I always believed  echidna gave them as sort gifts to other islands as a sign of allegiance to the echidna clan and only to the island that they deemed worthy . Of course as they had the master Emerald they had control over there gift emeralds. As a safety valve. I mean I know this farfetched but hey your only young once. dream big.

• 3 weeks later...

Big the cat is actually Classic Eggman in disguise, who infiltrated the technicolor horde of manimals in the hope of killing modern Eggman and taking over his empire.

However, things took a bizarre turn when C!Eggman had an accident and hit his head so hard that no only he lost his memories, but also came to belive that he was an anthropomorphic cat.

Despite this, he retained his genius ability with fixing machines, which explains why Big was able to fix the Tornado and pilot it to escape from the Eggcarrier in Sonic Adventure.

Knuckles doesn't just leave the Master Emerald unprotected when he spends some (probably much-needed) time away from it. He either stores it in the Hidden Palace or leaves it with Chaos.

55 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Knuckles doesn't just leave the Master Emerald unprotected when he spends some (probably much-needed) time away from it. He either stores it in the Hidden Palace or leaves it with Chaos.

Essentially.

Espio's training in the shadow arts of the shinobi had made him develop the ability to sense the presence of other's, much like Amy does. The difference is that Espio got there after years of intense discipline to gain the control of his mind over body, while Amy is a natural, though she does not fully develop the potential of her premonition skills due to handling it more like a hobby to pass time.

One of the reasons I think made Blaze be very zealous of her duty is because she has the pressure of living up to the legacy of her ancestors, who guarded and protected the Sol emeralds for many generations. Also, while she is very skilled, she can be predictable, which is something she tries really hard to change.

Since the chaos emeralds have the power of physically manifesting the desire of those who use it, like Sonic obtaining a power boost with his golden superform to make true his desire of saving the world, maybe Amy's Piko hammer is the physical manifestation of her desire to protect herself and those important to her but without harming nor killing the bad guys. Maybe the innocence of that wish is why she was given instead with a toy-looking hammer with the magical property of it's hitting power being proportional with the intensity of Amy's emotions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1