Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

3 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Pumpkin Hill basically says it's Knuckles doing the rap, so yeah.

Interesting.

Tails recently discovered Gnostic literature and won't shut up about how we've been trapped in a corrupt material world by the demiurge, Yaldabaoth. Sonic finds this irritating and wishes he'd shut up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mighty with his love of nature, strength, and belief in avoiding conflict and solving conflicts by different means is actually good friends with Shadow and Charmy and brings the other two together through their love/appreciation of flowers resulting in the three of them being fairly good friends even if Mighty has to be a frequent moderator between Shadow and Charmy's vastly different personalities.

• 3 weeks later...

SenEDtor’s Sonic Headcanon about Metal Sonic.

TLDR Version:

1) Metal Sonic is a clone of Sonic if he was a robot, made using a mixture of Eggman’s robotics genius and Little Planet technology.

2) Metal Sonic became fixated on being superior to Sonic after his humiliating defeat in Sonic CD, which resulted in him developing a different personality to Sonic in order to avoid Sonic’s usual weaknesses.

Long version:

Metal Sonic is unique compared to many of Eggman’s other machines, and not just because he’s based on Eggman’s worst enemy. he’s abnormally intelligent and in the past has shown advanced speech and is overall rather advanced compared to many of Eggman’s machines in that same era. Heck, Gamma, stated by Eggman in Adventure to be one of his most advanced machines was relatively primitive all things considered in terms of speech and general behavior, being very robotic and all, and any other robots based on Sonic like Mecha and Silver Sonic always turn out to be very clunky and overtly machine-like compared to Metal.

So why is that?

The answer is that Metal Sonic wasn’t created by Eggman, at least not on his own. I think it’s plausible that he was actually created using the technology of Little Planet. After all, Little Planet is the first time he showed up, and the technology on there could easily shift from primitive to supremely advanced depending on what time period you go to. Thus it’s possible Eggman used some of that tech in conjunction with his own genius to create Metal Sonic.

Thing is, Advanced Tech in fiction usually has unexpected side effects, and I believe that Eggman, when he made Metal Sonic using Little Planet’s tech, didn’t just simply make a machine mockery of Sonic; he made the closest thing to a true clone of Sonic if he was a robot, down to Sonic’s personality and moves. He also basically paralleled his own grandfather’s creation of Shadow in this sense, who made a being with similarities to Sonic based on a mural.

But this brings up a question: If Metal Sonic is a robot clone of Sonic, why does he act so differently? Why does he usually not act like a twisted version of Sonic or something, instead being very cold and distant in many of his portrayals?

The possible answer is his major fight against Sonic back on Little Planet, in Stardust Speedway’s bad future. He lost by smashing his face into a wall and then possibly getting hit by Eggman's laser.

I think it’s possible that he did act more like a twisted version of Sonic at first, and he possible took advantage of this to aid in kidnapping Amy, since being near identical to Sonic except being a robot (and depending on when he got his shapeshifting ability he could probably fix that pretty easily) would make it easy to confuse her. But this would end up becoming his Achilles Heel in his fight against Sonic, because while he might have all of Sonic’s strengths, he’d also have all of Sonic’s WEAKNESSES as well, Including a giant ego. Something that Sonic would no doubt know about and probably wouldn’t hesitate to exploit, thus creating a situation where he’d get cocky and make the mistakes he did, leading to Metal’s humiliating defeat via faceplant.

And I think that defeat stuck in Metal’s mind. I mean, being beaten by smashing into a wall, then getting hit by friendly fire would be pretty embarrassing. And since Metal is more intelligent that average Eggman machines at the time, he would have stewed and analyzed the hell out of that situation. It’s likely that he would then come to the conclusion that he lost because he was focused too much on being LIKE Sonic, instead of being BETTER than Sonic, Otherwise the latter would have never been able to exploit his ego the way he did.

So taking it to the logical extreme, he became a cold and aloof machine, focused only on being better and doing everything he can to avoid being exploited that way again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic’s world in X is an anticthonic planet, in the same orbit as Earth. In the games however, the anticthonic planet to the human world is just... our Earth, while Sonic’s world may or may not have a planet in its same orbit.  

• 2 weeks later...

Eggman has always looked down on other people because of his Very High IQ. As a result he has never been able to form a meaningful bond with any other person, save for maybe Gerald. He's obviously no fan of organic beings and prefers the cold efficiency of machines, but I think deep, deep down he craves some sort of connection with a living being, something even the most advanced AI can never truly provide. He has, perhaps subconsciously, come to enjoy his rivalry with Sonic because of this, since even though it's an intensely antagonistic relationship, it's the closest thing he has to a genuine bond with another living person.

• Thumbs Up 3

For the classics, I like to think the reason Sonic 1 only had 6 Chaos Emeralds was simply because Eggman was a total scrub on Echidna lore at the time and didn't even know there was a 7th one for there to be a problem for Sonic. But then by Sonic 3, Eggman had shown he hit the books, got his Echidna scholars degree and found out there was actually 14 to find and even a master one at that.

Speaking of Sonic 3, I like to think that Knuckles in the beginning of the game actually had the mini Master Emerald on him to stop Super Sonic, since he shows he can resize the thing to pocket size and was explained to be able to neutralize the Chaos Emeralds with the Master Emerald in the later games. Also, he knew to bring it there at that point in time since Eggman told lies about why Sonic actually had all the emeralds on him in order for Eggman to grab them for himself.

For SA2, I always liked to think the Space Colony Ark was pretty much an unfinished man made project of recreating Angel Island in it's entirety, with the people on board trying to get every bit of detail down to it's atoms correct all for the sole purpose of recreating Chaos which was what the Biolizard was supposed to be the "S.H.A.D.O.W." or the follow up to, but for like evil, $$$, power and whatnot.

It's also interesting that they both have peculiar parallels between the two regarding their pasts, too, in the sense that according to the history of Angel Island from Sonic 3 to Sonic Adventure, it was a mystery as to why the Echidnas all of a sudden vanished and became abandoned. Kinda like how the Space Colony Ark was. For unknown reasons at the time, the people on board mysteriously "vanished"  and their history and everything about the ark was lost due to time and a cover up.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

On 3/20/2019 at 12:27 AM, silvereye27 said:

Shadow has a swear jar.

Set up by Rouge.

Storm has a thing for raw meat, moreso than most other foodstuffs. Nobody else gets it, except Jet, who sometimes shares with him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Chaotix still kinda happened in the Classic world, only with different characters who joined Knuckles for his quest. And maybe Some other small differences. 

• 1 month later...

Glacierland came to be due to Forces. Eggman's experiments in Chemical Plant resulted in a large iceberg forming, which he took advantage of to use as a new theme park and storage facility  "Welcome to Glacierland!" Given the prescence of Ice Mountain, it is possible Glacierland broke off from Angel Island and fell into the ocean. However, it also has elements of Holoska for some reason, perhaps because of it falling near Holoska. After the race, Do Donpa used his machine to restore Glacierland onto Angel Island. He's yet to work out the ice problem, though. 

Meanwhile, Vanilla the Rabbit successfully got a restraining order for her and Cream against Dr. Ivo Robotnik. That's why they haven't been seen in ages.

The Zavok in Team Sonic Racing is not only a Phantom Ruby copy, but also Classic Eggman's puppet. Classic Eggman wouldn't fit in a vehicle. The Zavok puppet was used as a method to try and win himself back into Modern's good graces.

The deadly 6 are now stuck in sonic's world and are trying to adjust. Some of them stopped being evil

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

The deadly 6 are now stuck in sonic's world and are trying to adjust. Some of them stopped being evil

I could see that working for Zeena, the old guy and the emo one. Neither of them seemed all that threatening. Zavok & Zazz however seem like characters who are always looking to stir up trouble.

30 minutes ago, Myst said:

I could see that working for Zeena, the old guy and the emo one. Neither of them seemed all that threatening. Zavok & Zazz however seem like characters who are always looking to stir up trouble.

I was literally thinking exactly those.

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

The deadly 6 are now stuck in sonic's world

Part of me wonders if the game should've ended on that note.

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Master Zik was essentially a retired monster, but I can see it.

Silver comes from an alternate future. The fate of the future for Sonic's timeline is still relatively unknown. 

• Nice Smile 1

By making a deal with the devil and meddling with the timeline Silver has been cursed with the Sisyphean task of saving his time from utter ruin while simultaneously dooming it to new tragedies through his interference in the past, resulting in an endless chain of suffering for its inhabitants and continually alienating him from what he once called home.

• Fist Bump 1
  • My Emmerdoods 2

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

By making a deal with the devil and meddling with the timeline Silver has been cursed with the Sisyphean task of saving his time from utter ruin while simultaneously dooming it to new tragedies through his interference in the past, resulting in an endless chain of suffering for its inhabitants and continually alienating him from what he once called home.

No wonder he stays in Sonic's time period!