Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

Super forms don't inherently grant super speed and invincibility; what they do is amplify and reify the user's thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, etc. Super Sonic is as he is due to how important Sonic's speed is to him and his belief that he's already essentially unbeatable. Other Super forms are similar in part because the characters share similar traits (Shadow matches Sonic's speed and believes himself to be the ULF, etc), but also because beliefs about how Super forms work are self-reinforcing; seeing Super Sonic plants the idea that they grant super speed and invincibility, going Super acts on that belief and makes it true for them, which further reinforces the belief, etc. If someone completely unlike Sonic, and with no knowledge of other Super forms, managed to attain their Super form, it would manifest as something completely different from the Super forms we've seen.

This is also why Super Sonic drowns, but can survive in space; Sonic has a preexisting fear of water and drowning that counters his otherwise boundless confidence, but suffocating in space is too abstract to him so his "invincibility" protects him. And then of course his experiences as Super Sonic reinforce those abilities, or lack thereof.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Super forms don't inherently grant super speed and invincibility; what they do is amplify and reify the user's thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, etc. Super Sonic is as he is due to how important Sonic's speed is to him and his belief that he's already essentially unbeatable. Other Super forms are similar in part because the characters share similar traits (Shadow matches Sonic's speed and believes himself to be the ULF, etc), but also because beliefs about how Super forms work are self-reinforcing; seeing Super Sonic plants the idea that they grant super speed and invincibility, going Super acts on that belief and makes it true for them, which further reinforces the belief, etc. If someone completely unlike Sonic, and with no knowledge of other Super forms, managed to attain their Super form, it would manifest as something completely different from the Super forms we've seen.

This is also why Super Sonic drowns, but can survive in space; Sonic has a preexisting fear of water and drowning that counters his otherwise boundless confidence, but suffocating in space is too abstract to him so his "invincibility" protects him. And then of course his experiences as Super Sonic reinforce those abilities, or lack thereof.

interesting, so how do the super flickies factor into Tails personality wise? I

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I don't consider Tails' Super form to be canon, but setting that aside...let's say it's a reflection of his role as Sonic's sidekick and his desire to be more like him. He puts himself into Sonic's role, mimicking Super Sonic's speed and invincibility and manifesting sidekicks of his own (which, not coincidentally, have the ability to fly and are the type of character that he already helps out).

Considering that, a post-SA Tails would likely have a different Super form under this headcanon.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Personally I don't consider Tails' Super form to be canon, but setting that aside...let's say it's a reflection of his role as Sonic's sidekick and his desire to be more like him. He puts himself into Sonic's role, mimicking Super Sonic's speed and invincibility and manifesting sidekicks of his own (which, not coincidentally, have the ability to fly and are the type of character that he already helps out).

Considering that, a post-SA Tails would likely have a different Super form under this headcanon.

And a Post-06 Tails might have a different Super form than that, if not reverting back to the one with the Super Flickies.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

So Knuckles's superform doesn't change much of anything because he already think's hes great

• Chuckle 1

Here's a headcanon of mine: Metal Sonic came from when the future technology was more advanced to make him. Silver and Mecha Sonic were possible due to the currently available resources building up to him. This is how he got streamlined and not made clunkier.

2 hours ago, emajinart said:

Here's a headcanon of mine: Metal Sonic came from when the future technology was more advanced to make him. Silver and Mecha Sonic were possible due to the currently available resources building up to him. This is how he got streamlined and not made clunkier.

At the time though it seemed like Mecha far outclassed Metal to the point where it could channel itself a semi super form  and took two battles with Sonic and then Knuckles to bring down while Metal in CD was defeated by a wall.

Mecha Sonic was still bulky, sluggish and relied on Eggman's machines and the Emeralds. Metal Sonic was far sleeker, capable of outpacing Sonic and wasn't actually able to be damaged by Sonic at the time. There's nothing saying he couldn't channel a superform of his own, either.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Mecha Sonic was still bulky, sluggish and relied on Eggman's machines and the Emeralds. Metal Sonic was far sleeker, capable of outpacing Sonic and wasn't actually able to be damaged by Sonic at the time. There's nothing saying he couldn't channel a superform of his own, either.

I'll just say again, it feels like they were all made for different tasks.

Growing up and learning the games, I died far more against that tank Robo Sonic (S2) than against Metal (SCD) or Mecha (S&K).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really a "shipper", but I've always liked the idea that Silver totally has a crush on Blaze, obvious to absolutely everyone, except Blaze herself. Considering how much of a dork Silver is, and Sonic '06 really establishing that Silver has noone else, since she is the only girl in his life, Silver is hopelessly enthralled with her.

2 hours ago, Guergy said:

I always thought that S3K took place after SCD but I guess I was wrong about that. 

Says who? I like thinking that SCD comes between S1 and S2.

In real life, both Sonic 2 and Sonic CD were conceived sequels to Sonic 1.

I prefer to go with the 2 > CD > 3&K these days ever since reading Genesis of a Hero in Archie.

Ian managed to make the line-up make perfect sense.

6 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I prefer to go with the 2 > CD > 3&K these days ever since reading Genesis of a Hero in Archie.

Ian managed to make the line-up make perfect sense.

I mean, that's a good point. Tails could easily have landed the plane before flying to the next adventure, and Sonic could've left the Emeralds at home.

12 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

I mean, that's a good point. Tails could easily have landed the plane before flying to the next adventure, and Sonic could've left the Emeralds at home.

Huh?

20 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

And Eggman just left the Death Egg for a while?

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Razule said:

One of the manuals does allude to him being outside of the Death Egg assessing the damage when Knuckles comes to the investigate. Another one implies there was a considerable timeskip between the Death Egg falling from the sky and Sonic & Tails going to Angel Island. 

In the context of the comics, he put Snively in charge of overseeing its secret repair while he investigates Little Planet.

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Umm. . . okay, new theory. Sonic CD always happened and is still always happening.

Miracle Planet and the Time Stones are more powerful, more uncontrollable than anyone can possibly imagine. Time follows no rules and holds no boundaries. Sonic and Robotnik met there and fought over the Time Stones once, JUST ONCE, and it scared the everliving snot out of both of them. The Stones scare them more than the Planet. They've avoided the Stones ever since.

They aren't even sure when it happened. Sometimes, when their minds drift, it feels like it's happening still. Sometimes it feels less like the past and more like a prediction of something that hasn't happened yet. They don't remember what kind of music they heard. They don't remember if Robotnik's laugh was comical or frightening. They don't remember if Tails was there or not. They don't remember if Sonic was holding the Chaos Emeralds... but if he was, their power was muted by the essence of the Time Stones. Was Sonic a baby at one point? Some kind of batman-mutant? Did Sonic race against Metal Sonic, or was it a rap battle? The details are murky and dreamlike in their heads.

Amy remembers everything regularly. But it's hard to get the real story out of her; she has other things to talk about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow plays basket ball. He's really good and he tried to play it with gun soilders, and due to his competitive personality is now banned from doing so because he beat them so bad he hurt morale

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly the recent Forces IOS games baseball update makes me think Amy is a big sports fan and might be more of a tomboy than we've been lead to believe. 

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Shadow plays basket ball. He's really good and he tried to play it with gun soilders, and due to his competitive personality is now banned from doing so because he beat them so bad he hurt morale

Do the gun soldiers get annoyed when he uses chaos control to teleport across the pitch, and justifies it by saying the rulebook doesn't have a rule against teleportation?

• Chuckle 1

The "obscure" characters from the Classic era are in the main universe, but don't appear for the following reasons:

• Because Fang is a wanted criminal, he believes that if he is in a popular game, someone will recognize him and call the authorities. He's keeping a low profile.
  • Bean is deemed to be too crazy to appear in anything and might cause unnecessary problems (such as trying to make himself the main star as well as threatening everyone with bombs), so he is kept in an institution.
  • Bark doesn't enjoy the publicity and will punch anyone who comes near him with a camera.
  • Mighty and Ray are camera shy and prefer to not even be mentioned.

In SA2, Rouge brought up the idea that Shadow's memories may not be real.. Black Doom also mentioned that Gerald tampered with Shadow's memories..

Maria said that Shadow's purpose was to let people be happy, let them live for their dreams.

The Ultimate Lifeform was designed to be a hero, a protector.

After Maria died, however, the project took a dark turn. 'I found Maria's name among those who died when the ARK was shut down. I lost everything. I went insane. All I could think about was to avenge her. Based on my original projections.. I was able to complete my project, SHADOW.'

SONIC was the original, Ultimate Lifeform, designed to protect the world. Maria died, Gerald abandoned Sonic, leaving him who knows where, (probably shooting him into space in a capsule like Eggman did) with no memory, (like Shadow was in Heroes) and implanted SONIC'S memories of Maria into his new project, Shadow, to give him the drive to avenge her. (Making Shadow literally a Dark version of Sonic)

Shadow says during The Final Hazard boss 'I think I know who the Ultimate Lifeform really is.. It might be you!'

It also explains how Sonic could perform a Chaos Control in the game, just like Shadow.

Sonic has amnesia and knows nothing about Maria, Gerald, or the ARK. His earliest menory is probably just running down a field somewhere.

Given that the game was released during Sonic's 10th Anniversary, and it makes for an interesting dynamic between Sonic and Eggman, I'm making this my headcanon.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1
  • Too Many Rings 1