Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

2 hours ago, Myst said:

In SA2, Rouge brought up the idea that Shadow's memories may not be real.. Black Doom also mentioned that Gerald tampered with Shadow's memories..

Maria said that Shadow's purpose was to let people be happy, let them live for their dreams.

The Ultimate Lifeform was designed to be a hero, a protector.

After Maria died, however, the project took a dark turn. 'I found Maria's name among those who died when the ARK was shut down. I lost everything. I went insane. All I could think about was to avenge her. Based on my original projections.. I was able to complete my project, SHADOW.'

SONIC was the original, Ultimate Lifeform, designed to protect the world. Maria died, Gerald abandoned Sonic, leaving him who knows where, (probably shooting him into space in a capsule like Eggman did) with no memory, (like Shadow was in Heroes) and implanted SONIC'S memories of Maria into his new project, Shadow, to give him the drive to avenge her. (Making Shadow literally a Dark version of Sonic)

Shadow says during The Final Hazard boss 'I think I know who the Ultimate Lifeform really is.. It might be you!'

It also explains how Sonic could perform a Chaos Control in the game, just like Shadow.

Sonic has amnesia and knows nothing about Maria, Gerald, or the ARK. His earliest menory is probably just running down a field somewhere.

Given that the game was released during Sonic's 10th Anniversary, and it makes for an interesting dynamic between Sonic and Eggman, I'm making this my headcanon.

So that means Sonic wasn't actually born on Christmas Island? Or maybe...that's where he crash landed? According to your headcanon, that is.

ShtH confirms that Shadow was created on the ARK, before Maria's death, both by the GUN Commander's memories and by Gerald and Maria's message to Shadow in the Last Story.

New Sonic CD chronology theory. Because time travel.

1) For EGGMAN (and Metal Sonic), Sonic CD takes place after Sonic & Knuckles. This explains why Metal Sonic is an "improved" version of his previous Sonic models, and it makes the game more of a direct precursor to Sonic 4, per Episode 2 marketing.

2) For SONIC (and Amy), Sonic CD takes place before Sonic 2. This explains why Sonic's moveset is less evolved (peel-out with a weaker spin-dash), why his appearance looks more like Sonic 1's design, and why Tails is absent.

3) This means that Sonic CD's "PRESENT" time spans from before Sonic 2 until after S&K, but the bulk of it actually happens somewhere in the MIDDLE. As in, between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3. The game release order.

So in summary:

CD PAST happens ages before Sonic or Robotnik are born.

CD FUTURE happens ages after Sonic and Robotnik have lived.

CD PRESENT happens at the same time as when present-day Robotnik has crashed on Angel Island, with present-day Sonic and Tails flying after him. In this Sonic's mind, he has already saved Little Planet. In this Robotnik's mind, he hasn't threatened Little Planet yet and won't think to do so until the Death Egg saga is finished.

When you marathon the classic games, therefore, play them in release order with this context in mind! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

By relying upon all the canon facts you know, have you already imagine what sonic characters can potentially do, have or want on the sly? Even aspects of their personality they don't want to reveal in broad daylight... Because in the end, we surely don't know everything about them.

I appeal to our imagination for the sake of giving rise to entertaining discussions! Let's share our craziest ideas while remaining within the canonical context.

All right, here I go:

On Sonic: As Sonic likes Mongolian throat singing, he may have already tried hard while nobody was here. 

On Rouge: She canonically said that she could kiss Shadow. Okaay she likes to flirt with anybody at any time. But the fact she knows it's scarcely possible not only due to his resolute nature, but also by understanding why he restricts himself to not be in a deep intimacy with someone else anymore, can seem like a real challenge she secretly plans to do. Behind the teasing, it might be her guilty desire the prospect of him being thrown off balance by the sexual tension she's able to bring, and notably to break down the corporeal boundary between them JUST for once, in order to get more than an usual "hmph". From her mischievous personality, she may wish to exploit a few of his vulnerabilities. But why especially Shadow? Because he's very steadfast! Sonic can likewise be detached, (he didn't yield to her advances in Sonic Colors, for example), but at least he can be playful in the same way as Rouge, so it won't be totally pleasant. With Knuckles, it's simply too easy. But Shadow? It almost looks unreal. He's the best to not get distracted at any foolishness, and their friendship practically revolves around their partnership, so that's precisely why she can find the challenge pretty tough and exciting: anything that seems bold and dicey are flirtatious to her. That's also why she's a spy who likes stealing, after all. 
But she won't precipitate because she respects him, and she certainly afraid of causing a rift in their sincere relationship anyway. (am not a shadouge fan but i can imagine it)

On Shadow: In some way, can we think that all Kill la Kill's fleshly scenes that he had to put up with, subconsciously caused him to have a dirty mind? He may have curiously seen more, and so it can be his unexpected secret.

I mean, he have probably seen THIS scene (⛔ Warning, explicit): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_tEf8l4fvU

On Tails: He recently proved to be a little fresher than we think (ref. "Who's your dad-). I can now imagine his secretive willingness to be more cooler than him, by draw on some villains' quotes.

On Espio: He's a chameleon. He must have suffered some blisters on his tongue. 

On Blaze:  Since she doesn't like her bust size, does Rouge's on her fantasy file ? Imagine her for one sec in front of a mirror.

En tout cas, feel free to express your opinions, contradict me if you want, I always enjoy having differing points of view anyway and if you ever have shame about your own headcanons, don't: we're here for.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DK' said:

On Sonic: As Sonic likes Mongolian throat singing, he may have already tried hard while nobody was here. 

This might be the best thing I've ever read on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, DK' said:

On Shadow: In some way, can we think that all Kill la Kill's fleshly scenes that he had to put up with, subconsciously caused him to have a dirty mind? He may have curiously seen more, and so it can be his unexpected secret.

I mean, he have probably seen THIS scene (⛔ Warning, explicit): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_tEf8l4fvU

I’m pretty sure Shadow had other thoughts about it. Defensive thoughts.

Anyways, other than that one scene, the sexual content wears off on you over the course of the show, so I wouldn’t say Shadow got a dirty mind because of it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Shadow wouldnt watch kill la kill

May I ask , what you think he would watch

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Shadow only watches airplane instruction videos from the 80s.

• Chuckle 4

13 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

K on! Love Love: School Idol Project. Carole and Tuesday. 

The works. 

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

K on! Love Love: School Idol Project. Carole and Tuesday. 

The works. 

I feel like shadow just watches sentai shows.

I now want to see shadow as a kamen rider.

• Nice Smile 1

If we are talking hidden depths, then I think TSR just opened up a world of possibilities for Princess Kitty Cat.

When she spoke to Vector, and revealed how her dealing in the daily politics of her kingdom have created a keen sense of seeing through people - Blaze essentially expanded her characterization horizons quite a bit. While Blaze was never incapable of high level socialization; she's done it when necessary several times; The fact that she has to deal with, navigate in and see through higher level political shenanigans on a daily basis opens up a world of potential depth for her. If we are to assume that she is a deft hand at this craft (she was good enough to see through and impress Vector, whom is a good judge for this kind of thing) Her intelligence, wit, savvy and foresight all can get bumped up a notch.

Blaze can immediately be linked to a ton of politically inclined behaviors. All of a sudden her shy and self-contained demener can hide one hell of a crafty monarch. Her stoic outward facing persona would double as a result of her isolated upbringing, and a front to make her un-readable to other political figures. I'd personally love a sneak peek into her daily routine just to see what else she is hiding up her sleeve.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

6 hours ago, DK' said:

On Tails: He recently proved to be a little fresher than we think (ref. "Who's your dad-). 

The sass coming out of Tails recently shows growth in Tails. On the surface he’s just emulating Sonic who brags all the time. Sonic’s a show off. Tails tries it sometimes and it falls flat (paperclip, dishwashing detergent, toothpick). Instead of sounding cool he sounds like a know-it-all. But Tails is still a self-conscious kid at heart. So he starts using the attitude because it gives him confidence, and offsets his humble nature. Tails might see his own humility as a weakness.

• Thumbs Up 3

40 minutes ago, Badnik Zero said:

(paperclip, dishwashing detergent, toothpick)

While bragging is the concept here, I'm pretty sure this was meant to be true...

Which isn't the kind of boasting Sonic usually does. Sonic's more casual about what's actually true and plays up the things that might actually thrill him.

8 hours ago, DK' said:

By relying upon all the canon facts you know, have you already imagine what sonic characters can potentially do, have or want on the sly? Even aspects of their personality they don't want to reveal in broad daylight... Because in the end, we surely don't know everything about them.

I think this line of conversation is better suited to the Headcanons thread so I merged them. Feel free to continue!

18 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

I’m pretty sure Shadow had other thoughts about it. Defensive thoughts.

Anyways, other than that one scene, the sexual content wears off on you over the course of the show, so I wouldn’t say Shadow got a dirty mind because of it.

Oh I see. I've never watched Kill la Kill anyway. In truth though, I was just imagining the look on Shadow's face after this x)

14 hours ago, Badnik Zero said:

The sass coming out of Tails recently shows growth in Tails. On the surface he’s just emulating Sonic who brags all the time. Sonic’s a show off. Tails tries it sometimes and it falls flat (paperclip, dishwashing detergent, toothpick). Instead of sounding cool he sounds like a know-it-all. But Tails is still a self-conscious kid at heart. So he starts using the attitude because it gives him confidence, and offsets his humble nature. Tails might see his own humility as a weakness.

I strongly agree with you! But I'm still okay with his seem, it makes him cute.

Thanks for the gesture Zaysho ^^

Some dumb thing I typed up a while back, trying to roughly adapt early Archie/SatAM/AoSTH into the games via Sonic Spinball (the only game where "Planet Mobius" is mentioned in the Japanese manual). Unlike most of the fandom I embraced the notion of there being two worlds and decided to expand on it by having even more worlds that Sonic can travel to because he's epic. 

PLANET MOBIUS is a magical world full of strange locales and stranger inhabitants. This colorful planet is connected to Sonic’s world through rifts that appear naturally on rare occasions due to the bountiful chaos energy that permeates Mobius. However, the brilliant Rotor Walrus, together with Tails during one of his visits to Mobius, constructed modified Star Posts to enable fast and free travel between worlds. 

There are many varied regions on Mobius, and many are part of the vast Kingdom of Acorn, ruled by King Maximilian Acorn. The royal capital, Mobotropolis, is a glorious eco-friendly urban center that has continued to flourish over the years, attracting people from all over the world.

Some time ago, Eggman, stuck in a rut after numerous defeats at the hands of his perennial foe Sonic, happened to discover Planet Mobius. The ever-scheming scientist decided to take a “vacation” and set up shop in the strange new world. Plotting to take over the Kingdom of Acorn and plunder its valuable resources, Eggman gained the trust of King Acorn, offering to serve as a scientific advisor and “upgrading” the city’s defenses with his own robots. He also met the conniving royal wizard, Naugus, and developed an intense dislike of him and his magic. Naugus, likewise, despised Eggman for his “infernal contraptions”, and the two secretly began plotting how best to eliminate the other. Eggman won out in the end, however, as he trapped Naugus within the bizarre dimension of the wizard's own creation, known simply as the Void.

Soon, Eggman launched his latest scheme. He staged a coup against the King, banishing him to the Void, and rounding up the city’s inhabitants for forced labor. Many were taken to Eggman’s Veg-O-Fortress, located atop the active volcano Mt. Mobius, to be turned into robots.

It was around this time that Sonic and Tails happened to discover a way into Mobius. They soon learned of Eggman’s actions and wound up joining a burgeoning resistance movement growing in the royal retreat-turned-refuge, Knothole. Led by Princess Sally Acorn (already a friend of Sonic’s), the newly formed Freedom Fighters vowed to oust Eggman from power and rescue King Max. Sonic and Tails directly attacked Eggman in the Veg-O-Fortress, liberating the captured Mobians and saving them from their robotic fate, while the other Freedom Fighters began staging raids on the occupied Mobotropolis. While the Veg-O-Fortress was destroyed, Sonic and Tails continued to work with the Freedom Fighters to combat Eggman’s forces and find a way to save the King. 

The Freedom Fighters had many adventures together, and were eventually able to restore King Max to power. Eggman, however, remained on Mobius, terrorizing all corners of the world in search of new lands to conquer and resources to harvest. Sonic and Tails also began to adventure around Mobius, stopping Eggman when they happened to encounter him as well as simply exploring this brand new world. 

• Fist Bump 1

I'm not sure if I already wrote this in the past or not, but I have an headcanon about the moon thing.

I think that it was fixed with a chaos control, the same way as Sonic removed the pollution from South Island at the end of Sonic 1 (8 bit).

Else, there's some equivalent of Gaia on the moon that repaired the satellite after the explosion (maybe the godlike creature on the moon looks like a huge rabbit).

Then, a joke headcanon related to this:

Spoiler

Eggman is obsessed by the legend of the rabbit on the moon.

Wikipedia reference

At the end of Sonic Advance 1 he went on the moon in search of the rabbit, and even if Sonic destroyed his robot, he still has found two! (but due to his robot being destroyed, they escaped and landed on Earth in freedom, and we will see them in the sequel).

During Sonic Adventure 2, he tried to destroy the moon so that nobody else would find any other rabbit on it, and in Advance 2 he tried so bad to kidnap Vanilla twice, because he wanted a moon rabbit all for himself.

The mind control ray that ended on the moon at the end of Sonic Colors wasn't accidental, it was another attempt to catch another moon rabbit if there were any.

Some day he will try again to catch a moon rabbit, he will never give up until he will actually get one.

The rabbits aren't useful as power source or anything, Eggman just wants one for the sake of it (probably to keep it in a cage and treat it as a pet).

• Fist Bump 1

In my headcanon Gerald Robotnik has a personal history.

Gerald is a refugee scientist from the Europe equivalent of Sonic’s game world, fleeing past oppressive regimes similar to the USSR or Nazis. This is mostly based on the origins of his last name and his age. So he is like real life scientists Einstein or Oppenheimer, and he was initially involved in the pursuit of a super weapon for his motherland. When he first refuses to be recruited to the ARK it is because he distrusts all military government organizations. (There’s also a more fan fictiony part where he flees to Sonic’s version of Argentina and meets a geologist named Olivia, and they explore the Mystic Ruins, and then start a family together.)

• Nice Smile 1

If I have to go along with the “classic and modern Sonic are different timelines” thing, then...

The events of SegaSonic arcade happened in classics timeline (and *only* in classics timeline) somewhere between Generations and Mania, and was one of the many new adventures classic Sonic would go on to have as a result of the timeline split, explaining why modern Sonic supposedly never met Mighty and Ray in his own timeline.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just to be sure, when you are using the term "headcanon", is with the caveat that we are merely supplying scenarios that are meant to fill in the blanks of the lives of our favorite characters... or are we merely doing fanfiction practice?

Just so I have a clear idea on which basket I can put my particular craziness into.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:42 PM, Mr.Nobody said:

Just to be sure, when you are using the term "headcanon", is with the caveat that we are merely supplying scenarios that are meant to fill in the blanks of the lives of our favorite characters... or are we merely doing fanfiction practice?

Just so I have a clear idea on which basket I can put my particular craziness into.

I've always interpreted that headcanons COULD be true with the information we have (or as a means to resolving official contradictory sources), while fanon very clearly contradicts official sources.

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, considering the above, this might be more of a fanon thing, but I've always kind of liked to think that CD took place before Sonic 1. Now I know a lot of people have a problem with that just due to Metal Sonic compared Mecha Mk. I and Mk. II, but really, he's a jet engine with a head and limbs in that game. he lacks any actual combat capabilities and Mecha Mk. II is the first time we see a relatively small Eggman robot that can harness the Chaos Emeralds energy (the Master Emerald specifically in this case). Much as I prefer Metal to Mecha Mk. II, he really is drastically inferior back in the day. Heck, if you count Sonic 4, Eggman built Mad Gear Zone explicitly to rebuild Metal so he obviously needed some improvements.

To get back on point though, The biggest reason I do so is based on how I see the franchise through my interpretation of the stories in the Japanese manuals. According to the Sonic 1 manual, Sonic goes to South island at the request of the residents to save them from Eggman who is placing them in robots to force Sonic to hold back so that he does not hurt the animals within. This trend continues going forward with Eggman always placing animals in robots and forcing Sonic to hold back. Conversely, in Sonic CD, Sonic is just on an adventure to check out a legend and tangles with Eggman who prepares for Sonic expecting him to show up. Now again, the Sonic 1 manual states that Eggman is the one who started their rivalry and that Sonic doesn't know why (if I'm remembering correctly) but Sonic has always managed to beat him. Sonic 1 is also the first time that Eggman puts animals in robots and since he continues to do so in every subsequent sequel that is directly numbered (1,2, and 3) as well as games that continue that story (Adventure 1). Yet in CD we are presented a Sonic with an incomplete Spin Dash, yet a far higher top speed, and an ending animation which shows that Sonic is rather heartless with how he dismantles Eggman's robots. If you look at unleashed where Eggman is no longer using animals, Sonic brings out the Boost and  tears them apart as the Werehog. How Sonic engages Eggman when others are in danger versus when they are not is drastically different. Just look at CD again when Sonic takes on a robot copy that lacks anything but his speed, where he willingly races it while Amy is in clear visible danger.

Now while my crazy little headcanon has plenty of holes I'm sure, in Sonic 2 Sonic has experience fighting Eggman robots with animals inside and is able to apply a mastered Spin Dash to his engagements, and only gets better from there. Eggman's Sonic robots also become vastly more combat capable as Sonic gets better at facing Eggman's robots that contain hostages. Just looking at what Eggman does, Sonic's own approach, the reason in the Japanese manual for putting animals in robots, and the way Sonic's skills yet differing approaches to how he fights develop, it just makes since for me for Cd to be first.

Of course, even before I knew more about the Japanese side of the story back in the day, CD always felt like it just made more sense to come before 1 to me due to the presence of animals in the robots or not.

EDIT

No need to double post to add in another headcanon.

Anyway, my other headcanon (which is probably fairly shared) is that we do not see the levels as they actually are, but rather as the characters see them, specifically Sonic. For example, a Zone like Green Hill is rolling and free flowing, idea for running and what Sonic sees is a how he sees himself moving through the environment. Conversely, a zone like Labyrinth is all block and difficult to traverse smoothly, hinting at Sonic's difficulty around water. Whereas the Sonic CD, Heroes, and Unleashed openings, as well as the OVA show us how the world actually looks and how Sonic appears moving through it.

The events of Sonic '06 cracked the space-time continuum. The events of Sonic Generations shattered it completely, and resulted in the separation of Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic, and the separation of Sonic's World and the Human World. As a result, history and each characters' memories is a mess, hence why certain characters behave differently from how they should, like Shadow for instance.

• Thumbs Up 3