Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

17 minutes ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

Really? He seems more like a Dairy Queen guy.

Nah, have you tried their never ending pasta bowls?

I'm still working out the details in my head, but an Archie Sonic headcanon I have is that there are multiple multiverses and the post-reboot continuity actually existed alongside the original continuity as the "prime dimension" of a different multiverse. The original continuity was never erased; instead, the Super Genesis Wave almost caused the two multiverses to be merged together, but they ended up being saved by [insert reason here] (I might write a fanfiction about it eventually). As a side effect, this almost-merger temporarily imprinted the essences of the original continuity denizens onto their post-reboot continuity counterparts, hence the whole "dual memories" thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hope’s Peak Academy (DR) also had Mobian students. In this continuity, however, a few existing Sonic characters were on the receiving end of murders & executions themselves due to Despair, which is powered by Argent Energy. 

Here's a small one. Eggman mentioned in SA2 that he saved Shadow with one of his robots. That robot was none other than E-123 Omega, who was then assigned to guard him as well.

Some more additional info, E-123 Omega was not entirely of Eggman's design. While he was overall based on the E-series and built as the ultimate E-series robot, many hidden components of his design were actually Gerald's ideas, including a hidden deployable Anti-Chaos-Energy field generator and powerful secret weapons built to contain Shadow in case he went rogue like the Biolizard did. Gerald might never have built his countermeasures for Project Shadow, but Eggman did what he could not thanks to some hidden plans and blueprints he found on ARK and built Omega with the same features.

Omega was used to save Shadow because his force field allowed him to approach the fallen Super Shadow who was radiating unstable Chaos Energy after falling to Earth, bringing him into Eggman's base to be drained back into a stable normal form and sealed away. Then he was chosen to guard Shadow for obvious reasons. He even ended up fulfilling his purpose in 06's bad future, defeating and containing the rogue Ultimate Lifeform.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

Just cleaned up the thread a little. No, your stupid fetishes don't constitute headcanon, and no I won't have people even humouring it because it may as well just be feeding trolls. Strikes will be issued if I see that shit come back again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

On 5/24/2020 at 3:37 PM, Sonario said:

Here's a small one. Eggman mentioned in SA2 that he saved Shadow with one of his robots. That robot was none other than E-123 Omega, who was then assigned to guard him as well.

Some more additional info, E-123 Omega was not entirely of Eggman's design. While he was overall based on the E-series and built as the ultimate E-series robot, many hidden components of his design were actually Gerald's ideas, including a hidden deployable Anti-Chaos-Energy field generator and powerful secret weapons built to contain Shadow in case he went rogue like the Biolizard did. Gerald might never have built his countermeasures for Project Shadow, but Eggman did what he could not thanks to some hidden plans and blueprints he found on ARK and built Omega with the same features.

Omega was used to save Shadow because his force field allowed him to approach the fallen Super Shadow who was radiating unstable Chaos Energy after falling to Earth, bringing him into Eggman's base to be drained back into a stable normal form and sealed away. Then he was chosen to guard Shadow for obvious reasons. He even ended up fulfilling his purpose in 06's bad future, defeating and containing the rogue Ultimate Lifeform.

I personally like the first part here. You have to take it pretty liberally though, because nothing indicates that Omega is the one who saved Shadow. He doesn't seem to be aware of the fact and Eggman only says "one of my robots" instead of referring to Omega by name. It's a cool "what-if" scenario that could make a lot of sense. The rest is kind of ass-pull though.

22 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I personally like the first part here. You have to take it pretty liberally though, because nothing indicates that Omega is the one who saved Shadow. He doesn't seem to be aware of the fact and Eggman only says "one of my robots" instead of referring to Omega by name. It's a cool "what-if" scenario that could make a lot of sense. The rest is kind of ass-pull though.

Oh darn, that pretty much breaks my headcanon there lol. Still, it seems kind of lame for Eggman to use some random robot to save Shadow even if he does say "one of my robots". Maybe it was Metal Sonic then?

Or Maybe Omega was still incomplete and was sent to save Shadow while he was still in prototype phase or something, causing him not to retain any memories of it.

The rest of my headcanon is kind of stretching it, I'll admit. But to me, it seems logical that Omega would have some kind of countermeasure to specifically deal with Shadow and his Chaos Powers, which is why he was chosen to guard Shadow in Heroes and actually managed to take him down in 06. And who better to think of countermeasures for Shadow than his very creator, Gerald? He would probably not want a repeat of Biolizard's rampage and have some plans to deal with the new Ultimate Lifeform in case it also went nuts. Even if he never got to implement them, Eggman could do so, incorporating them into one of his greatest robots.

I'd like to think Sticks the Badger as another addition to Team Rose. Like Vector, Blaze, Chao and Marine, she can be considered when the OG members are absent.

Think about it, Sticks' only closest friend is Amy, and the two really like to hang out with each other. Not adding Cream in Boom was a massive missed opportunity since we could have had the Boom version of Team Rose. Plus, Cream's polite mannerisms and Sticks' opposing mannerisms can be played for a bit of laughs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles enjoys gardening. It's a peaceful and relaxing activity that also helps relieve the loneliness of his duty somewhat when he takes care of Angel Island's plants and trees in his spare time. Plus he gets free fruit too, including his favorite, grapes.

• Thumbs Up 1

In response to @Dr. Detective Mike in the Archie thread, here’s a headcanon about how the Archie Sonic multiverse works:

Every Sonic continuity, and alternate realities relating to said continuities, all exist in one giant omniverse. The game reality is the Prime zone. From it spawned countless chains of other alternate realities. Some realities gain enough traction for a sub-multiverse to be built around it.

The original version of the Archie Sonic multiverse was the most famous example of this phenomenon, spawning practically infinite realities, with a big cosmic barrier forming around all of it, effectively closing it off from the outside omniverse, resulting in a secluded multiverse in which Archie’s Mobius Prime was considered the one true zone of it all. Travel outside of the multiverse happened on incredibly rare occassions, such as when Eggman made contact with Mega Man’s world.

The Super Genesis Wave not only obliterated all of these alternate zones, leaving the Archie Sonic multiverse a shadow of its former immenseness, but also destroyed the cosmic wall, allowing access to the outer omniverse, made evident by the travel to the different Sega and Capcom worlds in Worlds Unite.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

52 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

In response to @Dr. Detective Mike in the Archie thread, here’s a headcanon about how the Archie Sonic multiverse works:

Every Sonic continuity, and alternate realities relating to said continuities, all exist in one giant omniverse. The game reality is the Prime zone. From it spawned countless chains of other alternate realities. Some realities gain enough traction for a sub-multiverse to be built around it.

The original version of the Archie Sonic multiverse was the most famous example of this phenomenon, spawning practically infinite realities, with a big cosmic barrier forming around all of it, effectively closing it off from the outside omniverse, resulting in a secluded multiverse in which Archie’s Mobius Prime was considered the one true zone of it all. Travel outside of the multiverse happened on incredibly rare occassions, such as when Eggman made contact with Mega Man’s world.

The Super Genesis Wave not only obliterated all of these alternate zones, leaving the Archie Sonic multiverse a shadow of its former immenseness, but also destroyed the cosmic wall, allowing access to the outer omniverse, made evident by the travel to the different Sega and Capcom worlds in Worlds Unite.

Thus, things like OK KO and Wreck it Ralph happened after the Super Genesis Wave, and were anachronistically released before it. 

3 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Thus, things like OK KO and Wreck it Ralph happened after the Super Genesis Wave, and were anachronistically released before it. 

Only the Archie Sonic multiverse was walled off. Every other reality in the omniverse was not.

Here's a headcanon I shamelessly stole and adapted from a Youtube comment by Zekeram12 (found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyWCpFFovw0)

When Eggman was salvaging the Egg Carrier floating on the water, he would find what remains of Gamma and Beta. With a sigh, he would likely extract their memories to see if he can get any extra dirt on Sonic, who he presumes did the deed. He takes them back to his new base, wherever that may be, to survey the information. He'd probably start with Beta, considering how much effort went into its upgrades. When he would get to Beta's final fight, Eggman would probably be surprised that Sonic isn't the one fighting it, but Gamma. He would probably switch over to Gamma's memory right after.

He almost certainly would not be prepared for what he learns from it.

He learns the story of a forgotten robot who became self-aware. Who gave up everything to save creatures he never met, and one, he could never meet. A robot that's... far more human than robot. He sees Gamma whisked away by who he learned from coverage of the Perfect Chaos disaster is Tikal. He sees the robot question his existence and purpose, gaining feelings it should not be capable of. He sees Gamma's final moments, as images he'd never seen flashes through his memory banks before it all goes silent. He'd stare at his monitor for a long time, and then realize that his face is wet with tears.

Silently mourning the creation he was once so proud of, he would preserve these files, and hide them from the world. Create a hidden room deep within one of his abandoned bases. Give Gamma the security his final resting place deserves. But most importantly, hide him. Hide the first and only time he's ever questioned himself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't remember if I already mentioned it in the past or not, but I have this theory that the name of the zones in most Sonic games aren't the real names of the actual locations but how Sonic and friends call them.

That's why some of them are called after some specific events that only happen in that moment when you play through them, such as Sunset Hill... it's not like there's a permanent sunset in that place, it's just that Sonic went through it during the sunset and that became "that zone where there was that nice sunset". Similar to how he named the Starlight zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Me and my brother used to joke that Sunset Hill is where Knuckles takes his many love interest to...do pushups.

• Thumbs Up 2

K I got quite a lot of things (A lot of them are just my explanations for plot-holes)

• The original Metal Sonic was very weak and was only designed for speed. So Mecha-Sonic did come after Metal as a way to focus on strength like Robo-Sonic.
  • Mighty left the Chaotix after Knuckles' Chaotix to go on adventures with Ray. (Or whatever those two do)
  • Tails left Sonic after Sonic 2 (Sonic CD happens) and reunites with him for Sonic 3&K.
  • Omelette is an actual character and she created Metal Sonic 2.0.
  • Metal Sonic 3.0 was created by Eggman Nega after he discovered old blueprints for the OG Metal.
  • The Super Emeralds are canon but were re-seperated from the Chaos Emeralds after the Phantom Ruby blast on Angel Island.
  • Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll was destroyed after Sonic R because they failed to steal the Chaos Emeralds on all the tracks.
  • Scratch and Grounder were created by Omelette to be her minions.
  • Sonic and Eggman initially thought that there were only 6 Emeralds. (which is why Sonic couldn't turn Super in Sonic 1) The 7th Emerald was discovered in Sonic 2's Hidden Palace.
  • Knuckles thought that Sonic was controlling Egg-Robo in Sonic 3&K.
  • Silver can use the Sol Emeralds like Blaze.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 10:49 AM, Sonario said:

Oh darn, that pretty much breaks my headcanon there lol. Still, it seems kind of lame for Eggman to use some random robot to save Shadow even if he does say "one of my robots". Maybe it was Metal Sonic then?

Or Maybe Omega was still incomplete and was sent to save Shadow while he was still in prototype phase or something, causing him not to retain any memories of it.

The rest of my headcanon is kind of stretching it, I'll admit. But to me, it seems logical that Omega would have some kind of countermeasure to specifically deal with Shadow and his Chaos Powers, which is why he was chosen to guard Shadow in Heroes and actually managed to take him down in 06. And who better to think of countermeasures for Shadow than his very creator, Gerald? He would probably not want a repeat of Biolizard's rampage and have some plans to deal with the new Ultimate Lifeform in case it also went nuts. Even if he never got to implement them, Eggman could do so, incorporating them into one of his greatest robots.

I think it works, after all, Eggman doesn't really care that much about his individual robots, and rarely , if ever interacts with Omega. it's not unlikely that he could just not care about who Omega was, and just see him as another drone to do his bidding

• 1 month later...

Super Sonic was originally Sonic’s equivalent of a Super Saiyan form, but it has become apparent it is actually more akin to the Dark Phoenix in the X-Men comics. It makes me wonder if the more Sonic goes Super, the stronger Evil Super becomes. 

7F8EEC75-D8E7-46D0-B33F-BF5D5B64A668.jpeg.99ca2100e6d46fcd75defce28b13f3f3.jpeg

26F22DBA-BA79-408F-8EE7-C2CE24AD61A2.jpeg.124edcdd8e8ab84c39566da6d76efa61.jpeg

Which then raises the question is Sonic, not Robotnik will be responsible for his world’s apocalypse. 

I really don't care about the ages of Sonic characters, so in my mind, I tend to just assume all of them are roughly the same age at 18, with say Tails being more like 16, and Cream and Charmy just being 10 or 12 or something. I think one big mistake alot of the Archie run makes is taking the ages seriously, with Sonic and friends actually being treated like literal teenagers at points.

I like to think the likes of Sticks, Chris Thorndyke and other human characters from X, the Freedom Fighters, etc, all exist in the Sonic game canon, it's just they're are in parts of the world Sonic has never visited. The FFs are fighting against a different dictator rather than Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Silvereyes said:

I really don't care about the ages of Sonic characters, so in my mind, I tend to just assume all of them are roughly the same age at 18, with say Tails being more like 16, and Cream and Charmy just being 10 or 12 or something. I think one big mistake alot of the Archie run makes is taking the ages seriously, with Sonic and friends actually being treated like literal teenagers at points.

I like to think the likes of Sticks, Chris Thorndyke and other human characters from X, the Freedom Fighters, etc, all exist in the Sonic game canon, it's just they're are in parts of the world Sonic has never visited. The FFs are fighting against a different dictator rather than Eggman.

I agree, ages of the characters seem fluid. Sonic goes from 10 to 18 in different media: games, comics, and etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

The events of Sonic Forces actually NEGATED Generations. Eggman in Forces learned of Generations from an experiment. In an attempt to avert his fate, Eggman managed to kick Forces into gear; hence Classic Sonic never learned the Homing Attack, and the Eggmen were never trapped in the White World.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Gerald Robotnik built a machine that serves as a viewpoint to other worlds. One of the worlds he saw was OUR world...right during the Cold War.

Okay, so this is a thread that was around not to far back. Neat.

One I recall expressing somewhere was the idea that the other four members of the Deadly Six were each picked by Master Zik as potential successors due to each having some particular quality about them, but they either failed to amount to much due to their simplistic hangups or in Zor's case, simply leaned too hard into territory that made them dishonorable for the right before finally getting it in Zavok.

What's funny is that the Olympics implied that something like that totally went on.