Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

With Sonic regarding his past, I never really liked the idea of Sonic not liking to talk about it or having some dark backstory. Instead I think Sonic has either forgot a lot of his childhood as he always lives in the present and he doesn't attach himself to much, or he remembers it and just doesn't talk or reminisce on it as he doesn't really give a crap about his past as like I said he lives mostly in the present. I doubt he thinks about the future much either, as he probably think's there's not much to worry about. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's one; Classic Sonic is young Sonic, Modern Sonic is teenager Sonic, and Boom Sonic is adult Sonic. How does that sound? Lol

For Sonic Boom

-Eggman is basically the Deadpool of Sonic Boom, if he can tell that Shadow is the 2nd most popular character in the whole canon. He is very well aware of the 4th wall, more so than other characters.

-All characters in this canon are a bit older, in fact, 6 years older than their mains series counterparts. This would make Sonic 21, Tails 14, Knuckles 22, Amy 18, and I'm just gonna say Sticks is 18 since her age has never been confirmed.

-Tails is secretly into the Hello Doggy fandom and he has accounts on message boards, and all sorts of merchandise.

-Tails and Zooey are still together and have been ever since the end of Tails' Crush.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:59 PM, ShroomZed said:

With Sonic regarding his past, I never really liked the idea of Sonic not liking to talk about it or having some dark backstory. Instead I think Sonic has either forgot a lot of his childhood as he always lives in the present and he doesn't attach himself to much, or he remembers it and just doesn't talk or reminisce on it as he doesn't really give a crap about his past as like I said he lives mostly in the present. I doubt he thinks about the future much either, as he probably think's there's not much to worry about. 

A bit of a late response, but I personally think that he doesn't ever mention his backstory because...

he just had a normal childhood (as normal as it can get for a super sonic hedgehog at any rate). Yep, he was just raised as a normal kid, got bored when he was old enough and left his home of his own volition to see the world. To be honest, I'd think that the other characters would talk behind his back about his past and probably come up with some rather ridiculous theories, while he'd find the whole thing amusing or confusing, since his past was pretty normal.

Now for my own headcanon addition:

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/2255-senedtor-missile/?status=848142&type=status

Bunnie & Cream are distant cousins, but this will never be touched on because mandates

-Antoine & Sonic share a hate of Bubsy the Cat because  he was super annoying when they talked to him at a convention back in the 90's.

-Knuckles is a huge Legend of Zelda Fan

-Robotnik and Dr. Wily went to the same college. 

And that's all for me. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Bunnie & Cream are distant cousins, but this will never be touched on because mandates

-Antoine & Sonic share a hate of Bubsy the Cat because  he was super annoying when they talked to him at a convention back in the 90's.

-Knuckles is a huge Legend of Zelda Fan

-Robotnik and Dr. Wily went to the same college. 

And that's all for me. :P

I always imagine Sonic as the Zelda fan honestly, considering that he actually wore Links Garb and went to Hyrule at one point. (*Cough* Sonic Lost World *Cough*)

Plus i can see honestly those games being his type of game as they are open and adventurous just like him. (Though they aren't fast paced sooooooo....)

9 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

They were direct cousins in the Genesis reality, although you had to find out through text stories and that would have been retconned because SEGA came down hard on the relations thing just about six months later. 

I'm pretty sure SU#96 is hinting at something which would make them being relations impossible.

10 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Antoine possibly more so because there was something weirdly familiar about his voice that he just couldn't for the life of him put his finger on.

• Thumbs Up 4

Mephiles showing Shadow in restraints in Sonic 06 actually happened in an alternate version of the past. In that version of reality, humans did start to see Shadow as a threat, and locked him away. Although centuries passed, being immortal, he never completely died, and part of his consciousness survived in the form of Mephiles. Mephiles was trying to prevent the Shadow from the timeline we know, in essence, himself, from suffering the same fate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 4:12 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

Antoine possibly more so because there was something weirdly familiar about his voice that he just couldn't for the life of him put his finger on.

I understood that reference.

As for headcanons, call it ridiculous but I love the idea that Omega is a remade Beta. Seeing Omega and Gamma's confrontation in the comics gave me this idea as Gamma never resisted and wanted to help Omega find free will. Granted it's most likely because Omega is an E-Series robot but I think my version is more sentimental.

I also believe Gerald Robotnik design Shadow after the mural in Hidden Palace. Would explain why the ultimate lifeform is a hedgehog with spikes like Super Sonic. Maybe Gerald saw Eggman as himself and though the hedgehog was giving him the Master Emerald. As for Shadow's colour, that could be Black Doom's influence. If I recall, he mentioned his own blood flowing through Shadow so it makes sense. 

A little headcanon of mine and also is a little bit of theory :

All locations that have a geography and flora similar to places like south island, west side island, palm tree panic zone or the island on Knuckles chaotix (just to put some examples)

where the plants and the earth has a design that features geometric shapes, and some plants moves by itself  and where some land is floating around

Come from parts of the Lost Hex that fell over the years :lol: 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Now here's an absurd one:

Worlds Unite somehow brought back Gala-Na (mainly made this because ASO is keeping her stone cold dead). Due to WU, some strange changes went about. Thanks to a second Super Genesis Wave when Worlds Collide happened again in the new canon, along with a normal Genesis Wave happening, somehow the Megaman-verse was negatively affected, causing a lengthy hiatus. (Which likely led to cancellation)

This also affected the Special Zone and the Boom world (altering many personalities and maybe even removing a few characters). Somehow, when the radiation touched the special zone (maybe using the energies from the Sonic X and Boom worlds), it brought back Gala-Na's information and made her live again, where she ended up in the Boom world. Boom Knuckles found her and developed a crush on her, and tried to get her familiar with the unnamed island. Unfortunately, she fled when Shadow attacked. She now lives in the mountains, wondering what exactly turned Knuckles into a beefy guy. 

Sorry if if this is way too silly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

A headcanon I've had since I was a young boy is that many many many years into the future after the main cast is long gone, Shadow will be the only one still alive being immortal and all, and he takes Sonic's place once he's gone and basically becomes the world's savior. He stops any threats to the planet, any new Neo Eggman's wanting to rule the world, potential giant monster of the week reawakenings, future aliens trying to cause problems for earthlings, old ladies' purse's getting stolen, etc. etc.

Sounds super edgy and stuff but it's a thought that's stuck with me since I was like 11 or something and I'm sticking to it. For years I've wanted to draw a story about it and post it online but I'm no good at telling stories and I'm not good enough at art yet to do it justice. But yeah, forever this is what I'll believe happens hundreds of thousands of years down the line in the Sonic-verse.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've been thinking about a way to mesh Eggman Nega's conflicting backstories into one, and came up with this headcanon:

Eggman Nega is a descendant of Eggman, who is ridiculed because of his ancestor's failures. So he attempted to go back to the past, and rectify those mistakes one way or another. But his first attempt at time-travel didn't quite go as planned, and he ended up stranded in the Sol Dimension instead. While trying to find a way back to his world, Nega came across Blaze's kingdom and learnt of the Sol Emeralds (and maybe the Jewelled Scepter too). He then decided to attack the kingdom and try to take the Emeralds for his own plans, beginning his feud with Blaze herself.

Eventually, Nega finally managed to enter Sonic's world and time (possibly with the Sol Emeralds), meeting Dr. Eggman and starting the events of 'Sonic Rush' (while also lying to Eggman about his origin). The Eggmen were defeated, and Nega ended up back in the Sol Dimension. He then went on to create Captain Whisker and the pirates to steal the Jewelled Scepter, and recruited Eggman once more, leading into 'Sonic Rush Adventure'.

However, when defeated once again, the Jewelled Scepter sent both Eggmen back to their original time periods. In the future, Nega saw that his reputation hadn't changed one bit, and he snapped. He then stole a camera that could turn anything into a card, used it to take the future's Master Emerald from Onyx Island, and brought the whole island back to the past, beginning the events of 'Sonic Rivals'.

In the end, Nega was turned into a card himself, and taken back to the future by Silver, along with Onyx Island. He was eventually freed, and began to study notes from Professor Gerald Robotnik, namely the ones about the interdimensional Ifrit. He then returned to the past one more time to release the Ifrit and burn the world into ashes, resulting in 'Sonic Rivals 2'. After that, it's unknown if Nega is still trapped in the Ifrit's dimension, or if he managed to return to either the future or the Sol Dimension.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having  hard time deciding if Sonic's wind abilities are actually a thing or simply headcanon.

Sonic clearly demonstrates special abilities which don't involve boost energy. And I don't think they're simply "turbulence" either.

Something in the back of my mind has been giving me the idea that Sonic Mania is where Classic Sonic and Tails traveled back to after Generations ended. Now this would cause the Classic Sonic "timeline" (1991-1998) to be altered technically rewritten from there on out.

Anybody else get those vibes?

• Thumbs Up 4

Archie Sonic (post-reboot) and Destiny take place in the same universe/multiverse. Alright, prepare to go down the rabbit hole of Destiny's deeper lore and my own insanity:

-Destiny's fundamental conflict is a cosmic war between two ideologies: The Sky and the Deep. The Sky represents Light, life, hope, and progress. The Deep is Darkness, destruction, death, and corruption. The Sky is known to have a group of demigod-tier servants, two of which are known: The Traveler, which travels the universe rapidly advancing the technological level of various civilizations and terraforming planets to make them habitable, also creating new life on them. The other is the Leviathan of Fundament, a colossal marine animal which guarded the Worm Gods imprisoned in the planet's core. These sound vaguely familiar? The Deep itself is personified by a metaphysical, superdimensional entity known as the Darkness. Its most notable servant, for the sake of this argument, is Oryx, the Taken King. He has the power to capture living beings and expose them directly to the Darkness' dimension, mutating them and enslaving them to his will. 

-Now on to some of the more cosmic-level lore of the comics, as detailed in the Shattered World Crisis. If I wanted to be blunt, I'd come right out and cite StH #280, where Chip/Light Gaia learns his identity, being reminded of when "the Chaos Titans drove back the Darkness." But I'll go more in-depth. Specifically, Light Gaia's role is to give rebirth to the planet every time Dark Gaia emerges. IIRC, each emergence before the Shattered World Crisis detailed in the books was more cataclysmic, due to Dark Gaia not being at full strength this time around, plus the intervention of Sonic and everybody else in the world. Most of the species on the planet go extinct without a trace, with the rest of the planet in devastation, leaving it up to Light Gaia to restore it to its former state. This essentially puts him in a similar tier and role as the Traveler, only in a less proactive role. Tangentially related, but the Traveler also created the Ghosts after it fought off the Darkness during the Collapse, which allowed Guardians to be reborn from death.

-On the flip-side of the coin, we have Dark Gaia. The being of destruction who dwells in the planet's core. Notably, the gas the it exudes causes debilitating mental and physical effects. In Unleashed, it had the capability to straight-up possess people. In the comics, a concentrated dose can cause drastic mutation, as seen with Sonic (which wasn't even a particularly large dosage). This makes it similar to the power Oryx possesses, but diluted and without direction, not as "pure" as the power of Taking. Dark Gaia in this is a servant of the Deep, but more primordial compared to the likes of Oryx and the Worm Gods (who were both responsible for millions of years of devastation across the galaxy, and slaughtered billions, if not trillions, of beings).

-Being similar to the Traveler, Light Gaia also provides a direct connection to the Light, the source where the Traveler and Guardians draw their power from. With certain training and a predisposition, mundane beings are able to tap into that power and manipulate it themselves, similar to Guardians but usually in a less combative role. The Priests of Meropis are probably the most direct example of this- the shield that protects the city being fundamentally similar to a Titan's Ward of Dawn, the rebirth of Aquarius having ties to a Guardian's ability to return from the dead. Lady Efrideet is known to have spent a few centuries with a pacifist sect of Guardians in the outer Jovian system learning similarly non-combative uses of Light manipulation, though specifics are never detailed.

-Other notes: The Vex within the Vault of Glass possess the ability to reshape reality according to their will, through Axis Minds such as the Templar, Atheon, and the Gorgons, similar to the Genesis Waves that have altered the comic's continuity. They, along with the Hive, are also capable of interdimensional and time travel, similar to Genesis Portals. And Oryx totally looks like Black Doom.

Okay, that's all I've got for now. If I reach any further I might dislocate my arm.

The Super Emeralds are fake Emeralds created by Knuckleclan to imitate the real ones, except make the person that uses them extremely aggressive and try to accomplish their goals as quick as possible, with murderous rampages along the way. Basically, Hyper Sonic is Fleetway Super Sonic.

Knuckles' hat from the OVA (Which, in my timeline, he wears) is made out of The Super Emeralds after Knuckleclan realized they could be used for evil. The Chaos Emeralds in Adventure were actually the Super Emeralds, which is why Chaos became Perfect Chaos. The Super Emeralds were destroyed and Knuckles wears shards of them on his hat, which is why, in the post-Adventure 2 games, he's extremely aggressive.

On 4/23/2017 at 5:02 PM, gamejutsu said:

I'm having  hard time deciding if Sonic's wind abilities are actually a thing or simply headcanon.

Sonic clearly demonstrates special abilities which don't involve boost energy. And I don't think they're simply "turbulence" either.

Sonic Wind. He conjures a blue whirlwind without spinning in a circle. He just says "SONIC WIND", and it appears around his opponent instantaneously.

(Archie/Pre-SGW): out of the three minor crossovers Archie Sonic has had with the mainline Archie Comics ("A Halloween Tale", "Some Enchantra Evening" and the Weird Mysteries special), only one of them actually involved the real Prime Zone Sonic.

The Archie Comics universe (where Archie and his Riverdale pals 'n' gals reside) is one of countless realities outside of Sonic's multiverse where Sonic himself exists as a fictional entity, as seen from the existence of his comic series and other merch.

In the first story, "A Halloween Tale", Sabrina uses her magic to pull Sonic and Knuckles out of a Sonic comic. The same thing happens in the Weird Myteries special. In these instances, the duo are just manifestations from the comics they where pulled from and are not the same physical individuals from the Prime Zone.

In "Some Enchantra Evening" (Sabrina #28 and SSS#10) however, the Sonic we see *is* in the fact the version from the Prime Zone (the same goes for Sally and Nicole). Enchantra literally finds an alternate reality where Sonic and his world are NOT fictional (Mobius Prime) and pulls him from there.

• Thumbs Up 1

On a comparative scale to one another and the rare metals in Digimon, the various metal alloys in Sonic are the following in terms of power:

Megatal - Chrome Digizoid

Ermurasium - ChronDigizoit

Ragnium - Huanglong Ore

Sparsium is weaker than any of these. And “Mootonium” is a liquid at room temperature, and solid mootonium is very fragile. 

Futher, Megatal has multiple types, similar to Chrome Digizoid. Shortfuse alone shows multiple kinds of Megatal. The Megatal of the joints and breathing areas is equivalent to Blue Digizoid for speed, (with the joints also having the flexible equivalent to Brown Digizoid) and the head crest is equivalent to Red Digizoid. Commander Brutus's gold Megatal is just like Gold Digizoid. He is also partially made of Ermurasium.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 separate headcanons for Blaze's appearance in Sonic 06. One lore-based, the other being meta-reasoning:

-Lore: Sonic 06 takes place before Rush, hence why Blaze doesn't recognize Sonic. Since Solaris is an interdimensional being, when Iblis was released, he appeared in many different realities, including Blaze's. To avoid the Sol Emerald's being taken by Iblis, she scattered them across the multiverse, with the side effect of her being launched forward in time to Sonic's reality, where she eventually met Silver. 

-Meta: Sonic 06's script has been stated to be heavily revamped several times. I think that Blaze held a much larger role in an earlier draft of the script. In the cutscene where Mephiles tells Silver and Blaze that a blue hedgehog is responsible for releasing Iblis, Blaze repeats "blue hedgehog..." like its vaguely familiar, or sounds suspicious. When she's split up with Silver when they're sent to the past, she says "A blue hedgehog... can it be true? I need to find Silver, fast!" While this could just be a throwaway line (considering she's all about killing Sonic a couple levels later), there was also some deleted audio unearthed of her saying "Sonic the Hedgehog, the Iblis Trigger... could it really be him?" None of this is very conclusive, but it does seem to hint at Blaze doing more in the story than she does in the final cut. I'd like to think that Sonic Team would have at least intended for her to be more than cheap fanservice at the expense of her entire character, but idk.

• Thumbs Up 3

In my headcanon, Sonic Forces doesn't exist. This is just a bad dream and I'm going to wake up any minute now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Sonic waggles his index finger because he's conducting an orchestra just off camera.
  • Tails involuntarily spins his tails whenever he poops; thus spreading it everywhere.
  • Amy Rose secretly attacked Tiara Boobowski out of jealousy, and sucked her into Hammerspace.
  • Nack hasn't been seen for a while because he's in prison.
  • Rouge the Bat is the reincarnation of Maria Robotnik.
  • E-123 Omega is secretly in a relationship with Omochao.
  • Thumbs Up 1