Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

Nicole is the de facto medic of the Freedom Fighters. Being an artificial being, she has very steady hands and fine motor skills, she can download knowledge on various medical procedures, and thanks to her avatar, sanitation isn't an issue and she's never wounded herself.

• Thumbs Up 4

Flying battery zone powered the death egg hence why it's called 'battery' until eggman found the location of the master emerald then it started flying off and doing stuff.....nah that sounds stupid.

3 minutes ago, Acoolsonicfan said:

Flying battery zone powered the death egg hence why it's called 'battery' until eggman found the location of the master emerald then it started flying off and doing stuff.....nah that sounds stupid.

"Battery" is also a military term for a fortified artillery emplacement.

• Thumbs Up 2

It would be great if Haynes did a bunch of manuals for Eggman's and Tails' machines. Maybe for the 30th anniversary. 

When Sonic travels to the Sol Dimension where Blaze and Marine live, he's not just traveling to another dimension, he's also traveling forward in time. The two universes are slightly out of sync in their timelines.

That's why there's a Blaze in the dark future of Sonic's universe in Sonic 06 and also why Eggman Nega has been referred to as both Eggman's descendant from the future and an Eggman from another dimension. The Nega from Sonic Rivals is Eggman's grandson and the Nega from the Sonic Rush series is the Sol Universe counterpart of the Nega from Sonic's universe.

• Thumbs Up 7

The Hero ending of Cryptic Castle (Shadow saves Cream) is canon. Because of it, Cream is excessively nice to Shadow (also because she feels bad that he doesn't have many friends). And Sonic makes fun of him for it.

"Hey Shadow, that was nice of you to help out Cream like that! Y'know, I think I saw a cat stuck in a tree on the way here!"

1 hour ago, Spooky Mulder said:

When Sonic travels to the Sol Dimension where Blaze and Marine live, he's not just traveling to another dimension, he's also traveling forward in time. The two universes are slightly out of sync in their timelines.

That's why there's a Blaze in the dark future of Sonic's universe in Sonic 06 and also why Eggman Nega has been referred to as both Eggman's descendant from the future and an Eggman from another dimension. The Nega from Sonic Rivals is Eggman's grandson and the Nega from the Sonic Rush series is the Sol Universe counterpart of the Nega from Sonic's universe.

That's probably the best rationalization for the contradictions concerning Blaze and Eggman Nega that I've seen, especially since one of the key elements of alternate dimensions is having different versions of the same people. Well done.

• Thumbs Up 4

Baby Mobians have a tendency to lick themselves like their real life counterparts. They always grow out of it, with very few exceptions.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Baby Mobians have a tendency to lick themselves like their real life counterparts. They always grow out of it, with very few exceptions.

Tangentially related: Blaze has a bad habit of exhibiting cat-like mannerisms when (she thinks) nobody is watching: Licking her paws, dozing off, being distracted by laser pointers, etc. She also likes being scratched behind the ears and enters a state of semi-paralysis when pinched on the back of her neck.

If Blaze is ever playable again, it'd be hilarious if she had idle animations like that.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Chaos is actually a neutral Chaos Chao that has lived for over a thousand years, evolving into the Chaos that we know. That's why he's immortal and unable to die, and why neutral Chaos Chao resemble him.

38 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Chaos is actually a neutral Chaos Chao that has lived for over a thousand years, evolving into the Chaos that we know. That's why he's immortal and unable to die, and why neutral Chaos Chao resemble him.

Pretty sure this is actual canon. Chaos was a Chao who was mutated by constant exposure to the Master Emerald.

I hate to double post, but speaking of Blaze:

-Her title of Princess is mostly a formality. As her sole duty is to keep and guard the Sol Emeralds, she neither holds nor is an heir to any significant political power. This also means she gets to dodge an arranged marriage, much to her relief.

-Blaze visits Sonic's world semi-regularly to visit her friends (like in Generations, when she attends Sonic's birthday party). She usually stays with Vanilla and Cream, but sometimes crashes on someone else's couch if they can't accommodate her.

-Blaze finds her fear of heights completely justified. While she was first discovering her powers at a young age, she had some bad experiences with attempted flying.

-After the events of Generations, Tails gave the interdimensional radios from the Time Eater fight to Silver and Blaze so they could call them for help if needed.

• Thumbs Up 5

The Sonic the Fighters game exists in Sonic's world. Sonic was personally consulted during its creation, and it was his decision to make Knuckles the weakest opponent in the game. Because of course it was.

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

The Sonic the Fighters game exists in Sonic's world. Sonic was personally consulted during its creation, and it was his decision to make Knuckles the weakest opponent in the game. Because of course it was.

Well, that would also explain why Tails is so cheap in that game. Sonic specifically requested that his best friend get a boost in fighting ability and having him grab spam was the best way to accomplish that!

-------

As for my headcanons, I like to imagine that Shadow's favorite food is vanilla ice cream. Dunno why but it just appeals to me. I also like to think that he has a chao that he's deeply attached to and that he always shows his soft side to. A lot of loner types find companionship with animals and it would also give Shadow somebody to talk to about his problems that won't judge him for them.

I also think that the events of Sonic 06 are canon, but only in an alternative timeline. It was last seen in Sonic Generations when Eggman used it to test out the Time Eater's abilities without catching the attention of a Sonic who could actually fight him. There's a cat named Blaze in the future, but her resemblance to Blaze of Sonic Rush is only a coincidence. I also like to think that Mephiles is able to create a field of irrationality that causes those in his vincinity to make poor decisions often, but it also affects himself and he cannot control it. It would explain a lot of the idiot ball moments in the game.

Another thing, I think that Sonic does great acts of heroism but nobody knows who he is save for a small group of fans and the people of Station Square (who see him as a hero because of the events of SA1). In SA2, the world saw the battle but only some actually recognized one of the hedgehogs as Sonic. As for the rest of the world, they see him as the guy who ruined Dr. Eggman's Interstellar Amusement Park but is otherwise pretty decent and can go really fast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boom headcanon: The reason Staci dresses up like Perci is because she has low self-esteem, which makes her feel insecure about dressing up her own way (probably she was teased a lot as a kid while her sister was popular). That or the Bandicoot family is striggling finacially so the sisters have to share clothes.

• Thumbs Up 2

More of an alternative origin story than a headcanon, but I figure it can fit here.

Shadow and his prototype were based on Emerl's design. In Sonic Battle, there are journal entries by Professor Gerald that describe him experimenting with the Gizoid aka Emerl. Since Emerl was originally made to use Chaos Emeralds, what if Gerald studied this technology and used it to make his prototype and eventually Shadow? Even if Shadow is organic, Gerald could have worked out the biomechanical bugs from the Biolizard so that Shadow had any and all prosthetics on the inside. No aliens needed.

The cartoonish nature of the AoStH universe isn't just stylistic, the fabric of that universe is actually unstable, allowing for the insane physical feats that people on that world are seen to perform.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember someone on DeviantArt a while back saying that they thought the AoStH universe actually didn't exist and was just tall tales told by people in the Fleetway universe for comedy. It would explain the extremely surreal nature of it and the similarity of some of the designs between the two universes. I don't know if I follow that myself but it's an interesting interpretation. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Ahem. Here's my Forces plot:

After Generations, Eggman actually gave up on his evil ways like he said in the secret cutscene. Robotnik, upon hearing this, was shocked, so he went off on his way of evil and the timeline THUS split, creating Mania. On the other hand, the Eggman in Lost World forward wasn't even Eggman. Instead, it's Metal Sonic shape shifting into him. Why else do you think he was so open about his moral issue in lost world? Why else do you think he had genocidal thoughts against the Deadly Six when they turned against him? 

This is Metal's psychopathic way of thinking. He's still self-aware, and only serves to kill Sonic and to rule the world as the 'true sonic'. However, this won't be by traditional means, no. You're all aware of Sonic and 'Eggman's' implied friendship thanks to the current writers? Well, what if Metal's actually doing this to slowly gain the hedgehog's trust so that he could one day stab him behind the back?

As for Forces, he's either wiped out Shadow's and Chaos' memories and left them in their Adventure mindsets or he's possessed them. As for infinite, we'll have to backtrack for a second. You're all familiar with Sonic CD, right? One of the biggest mechanics within the game is time travel, and the way to do that was by gaining enough speed. Since Metal's jet engine was built with the intention to far surpass the original in terms of speed, that came easy to him. As a result, he can travel though time at will as long as he's got either the time stones or the poles only on Little Planet.

Speaking of which, remember the Death Egg Mark 2? Since Sonic and Tails failed to free it, Metal now has all the resources necessary for time travel. With that, he probably captured the wisps, turned them all into frenzies, and manifested them into a humanoid form with the body of the Forces' Avatar's sibling as a host. 

What about the other Metal? Just like the Death Egg robots, he captured the real Eggman and forced him to create them. Yes, there's tons of backups.

With all these powers in mind, he already won. All he needed was to trigger the event of world domination. He sent out his mass production Death Egg robots to decimate whole cities and kill millions. Thanks to his endless power, the robots were far too powerful for Sonic alone and so he failed.

With this and the events on the Lost Hex, Sonic loses a bit of confidence in himself, realizing that he is not perfect and matures as a result. With this, he asks his friends for help and hence creates a resistance against Metal.

Take back the world and turn your back away from the past this holiday in Sonic Forces for Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC, rated T for teen.

• Thumbs Up 1

(Archie/Post-SGW): AoStH's Captain Rescue exists in this universe as a fictional character. He first appeared on a live-action TV show being played by an actor in this worlds equivalent of the 60's or 70's.

• Thumbs Up 1

Champions arc headcanons:

-Despite massive initial sales, the power outage in the final round and relative brevity of most of the fights (especially Tails and Honey's round) lead to it being a general disappointment, and Breezenet (is that the name?) PPV sales went through a period of significant decline following the tournament. 

-Tails still harbors a grudge for Honey after humiliating him on international TV. Honey actually feels pretty guilty about it (especially since she doesn't think she even needed to cheat like she did), and attempts to make amends with him in increasingly awkward ways, including a signed calendar from her models (which was taken by Sonic)

-As the CEO of her fashion company, Honey still answers to her board of directors, most of whom are significantly older than her. They rarely see eye-to-eye, so its often hard for her to launch more original (or racy) fashion lines.

-Breezie's primary criminal exploit is money laundering. Easy enough for such a large entertainment corporation and gambling facility.

The Doctor (Doctor Who) has visted Sonic's world (or one of its many versions) at some points, but has never really made much of a notable impact during his time there (nothing had really occurred there that he felt needed his intervention).

He has yet to notice that the world bears a striking resemblance to a popular video game series on Earth in the 20th century.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎27‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 8:22 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

(Archie/Post-SGW): AoStH's Captain Rescue exists in this universe as a fictional character. He first appeared on a live-action TV show being played by an actor in this worlds equivalent of the 60's or 70's.

I can already picture something like the 60's Batman TV show. How original my opinions are... :rolleyes:

I just wonder whether or not this show would include the obligatory "climb somewhere somewhat higher place  and jump in the middle of the fight in as wide of a pose as possible" too... :huh:

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The Doctor (Doctor Who) has visted Sonic's world (or one of its many versions) at some points, but has never really made much of a notable impact during his time there (nothing had really occurred there that he felt needed his intervention).

He has yet to notice that the world bears a striking resemblance to a popular video game series on Earth in the 20th century.

I don't really know but would it be a bit dark humourish he'd end up in some wastelandish place in SatAM universe only to think how boring it looks and just leave?

It's been so long I saw any Doctor Who I really am not sure if that'd be the case though... :wacko:

Or maybe he visited AoStH universe and due to the differing colours considering the environment he can't connect the dots since all the other stuff that needs more of his attention... like that time when he wasn't in a hurry when those Oods summoned him.