Awoo.

Sonic Headcanons

Big Panda

In the past, Staci would have forced the villagers (even Team Sonic) take part in musical numbers. They eventually got used to it.

EDIT

Or she secretly dreams of performing in Broadway musicals.

• Nice Smile 1

When I first read that Tails had a fear of thunder, I theorised that it had something to do with his big ears being more sensitive to sound, and that in addition to this specific phobia, he disliked sharp, loud noises in general. However, this is disproved by pretty much any piece of official Sonic media featuring Tails, including the OVA itself; he takes being shot at and having explosions all around him like a champ. Was it the OVA that introduced this character trait? Ashamed I don't know for certain.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, A_W said:

When I first read that Tails had a fear of thunder, I theorised that it had something to do with his big ears being more sensitive to sound, and that in addition to this specific phobia, he disliked sharp, loud noises in general. However, this is disproved by pretty much any piece of official Sonic media featuring Tails, including the OVA itself; he takes being shot at and having explosions all around him like a champ. Was it the OVA that introduced this character trait? Ashamed I don't know for certain.

Seeing as Tails' fear of thunder and loud noises is never expanded on in the games (nor does it make any sense), I actually headcanon it for Cream. Makes more sense for a more soft, demure character, plus her ears are far more oversized than Tails'.

EDIT: As an addendum to this, Cream also secretly enjoys eavesdropping on other people, which she can do from longer distances due to her enhanced hearing.

• Thumbs Up 1

i like to think that tails is a trans boy but that's just me and my lgbt headcanons lol.

don't really have many *real* headcanons, i like a lot of the headcanons you guys pointed out though! it's a pretty interesting topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like to headcanon that Sonic Chronicles takes place immediately before Sonic Unleashed and that its cliffhanger leads directly into Unleashed's intro sequence, with Eggman having been able to build up his huge armada and superweapon due to being unopposed for two years whilst Sonic and co were AWOL in the Twilight Cage. I also like to think that this 'free time' Eggman has is when he also builds his Interstellar Amusement Park, as the Colors manual mentions he's been working on it for years.

• Thumbs Up 5

I've had a headcanon about Silver actually coming from Little Planet, which is where he got his psychic powers and time travel abilities. And since Little Planet is said to be desynced from the rest of the universe in the timeline, that's how he's able to frequently time-travel without changing his own history.

I also like to imagine he's descended from Sonic, (Iizuka confirmed he's not Shadow's descendent), hence why he's so fast and able to turn Super.

• Thumbs Up 5

Shadow has an interest in flowers that he developed from his time with Maria. He normally keeps it a secret but may show Rogue and Omega his garden sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 3

The sonic sculptures in hydrocity were sculpted by the echidnas of the past after they interpreted the mural in hidden palace zone.

• Thumbs Up 6

Here's my current theory on what the new villain of Sonic Forces will be like.

Spoiler

I imagine that he's actually Sonic from an alternate version of Sonic and the Black Knight where Merlina succeeded in putting Camelot into the Underworld and making it and its denizens immortal, killing him in the process. Because she didn't really hate him and only killed him because he was getting in the way of her plans (which had already been fulfilled), she decides to use dark magic from the Underworld to repair his injuries as much as possible and bring him back to life. Unfortunately for Sonic, this had the side effect of altering his appearance to what we see as Infinite. This is shown by Infinite having a purple color, a color motif associated with the Underworld. The mask he wears on his head is actually a very powerful and unremovable brace Merlina added to hold his head and ears together, which were not fully repairable and leaving them without the brace would rob him of all his sign and hearing. Even then, only one of his eyes actually works (hence why one eye is dark and the other is an artificial-looking green), and his nose and mouth couldn't be saved. Sonic's quills, which were badly mangled, were also not fixable but some magic could make it not painful for him. However, his torso and appendages could be repaired without issue and he only needed new shoes and gloves. He was extremely unhappy to be brought back with that form, as it made him look terrifying, plus he couldn't smell or taste anything ever again. He was also upset that he was made immortal because he thinks that living forever makes life pointless, and it means that he will outlive most of his friends.

In distress, he became obsessed with escaping the Underworld and returning to his home dimension so that he can find other immortals to befriend that are in a similar situation to him and also to spend as much time as possible with his mortal friends while they're still alive. He didn't care how much dark magic he had to use to escape, becoming incredibly powerful and able to claw his way out of the Underworld. In the process, he gained powerful dimensional magic that let him manipulate and access other dimensions. He also gained the ability to corrupt and possess anybody and anything, however, he has limited control over this ability and will worsen the state of any world he accesses. He still really misses Tails and Knuckles, though, so he tries to connect with them in the nearest dimension. This has the immediate effect of altering the world so that Eggman controls 99% of it, as well as accidentally corrupting the immortals he tried to befriend. On top of that, Sonic's friends do not recognize him and treat him like a cruel monster. This made him feel betrayed and so possess those who weren't immortal (Metal Sonic comes to mind) and use the already corrupted immortals to defend himself from his friends' attacks.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

@Mad Convoy That's pretty dark 

I know, but I figure that Forces is supposed to be a darker take on Sonic Generations.

I like to think that in the Sonic-verse, the Shinobi games were adapted into a tokusatsu (Power Rangers/Super Sentai) TV series called The Super Shinobi, and that the reason Espio is a ninja with Sentai-esque tendencies (posing and declaring silly phrases like "Ultimate Ninja Power!") is because he loved The Super Shinobi as a kid and wanted to be just like its main character.

• Thumbs Up 6

On 7/16/2017 at 7:22 AM, RedFox99 said:

Shadow has an interest in flowers that he developed from his time with Maria. He normally keeps it a secret but may show Rogue and Omega his garden sometimes.

Expanding on this:

-Space Colony ARK had a number of greenhouses meant to test the effects of growing plants in space. Maria was given amenities to help her cope, including her own greenhouse, where she mostly grew flowers. (#SpaceMutiny)

-Shadow and Maria had a list of things they planned to do when they returned to Earth. Many of them were rather mundane things- feeding ducks bread, going to dance clubs, etc.- but were still a big deal to Shadow. He tries to live out everything they had planned, sometimes accompanied by Rouge for things he can't do alone.

-Shadow's memory never fully recovered, and some details and memories are still fuzzy, if not still gone entirely. Every now and then, he sees or does something that jars a memory loose.

-When he has access to a Chaos Emerald and can teleport there, Shadow sometimes visits Space Colony ARK and sleeps in his or Maria's old rooms. During one of these visits, he came across Maria's diary, but he can't bring himself to read it.

• Thumbs Up 6

People hear Scourge as having a huskier voice than Sonic.

Nah, to me, he still sounds like Sonic even after the transformation. I'm pretty sure activating your super form and failing it doesn't change your dang vocal chords.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman in Forces is really SatAM Robotnik in disguise. Why else would Eggman be more evil than before here?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sticks is an ex G.U.N. agent and her eccentric & paranoid nature is justified cause all the crazy stuff she says is actually true!

Also Tails is secretly a Mario Bros. fan but doesn't have the courage to tell Sonic. XD

• Thumbs Up 6

Shadow has a love life like Watson's in Sherlock. He pretty much has a new girlfriend every other week, all of whom he meets through external dating sites, and sometimes can't tell them apart. He doesn't like dating anyone he knows personally (ie, Rouge) because he's afraid it would make things "weird."

Blaze's fear of heights comes from accidentally setting a tree house on fire and trying to find a way down.

• Thumbs Up 1

My only real head canon for the franchise revolves around the "Continent of Chaos"

Sometime way back, Westside Island, South Island, and Angel Island were all one big continent. Then eventually something happened that split it apart sending one island into the sky, the other randomly adrift along the ocean, and one remaining in place where the original continent once was.

But that's just my insane self I guess.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've started to get a feeling Antoine (Archie version) has some possible ties into air forces or something...

:rolleyes: -_- :huh: :unsure: :rolleyes:

...oh come on, I know it's a cheap call assuming all that just because he can fly a plane! That's just something I myself find possible enough...

I dunno, cheap or not it works as a head-canon for me... -_- ...I think. B)

• Thumbs Up 3

-(Archie/Post-SGW): Sonic has never felt any deep romantic attractions to people since he's usually too busy to think about it. Sally developed a small crush on Sonic when the two first met, but she effectively "grew out of it" as she got older. When the two briefly remembered their past romance from the pre-SGW timeline, Sonic quickly brushed it off, whereas Sally continued to feel awkward around Sonic for a short period, partly because it reminded her of her childhood crush.

-(Archie/Post-SGW): Professor Von Schlemmer secretly ships Silver and Gold.

-(Archie/Pre-SGW): Nicole is the only member of the Freedom Fighters who's aware that Rotor is gay.

• Thumbs Up 2