Awoo.

Sonic 25th Japanese Site Opened and Event Date Revealed!

Woun

3 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

I'm not saying they should pretend it doesn't exist, I'm just saying that I hope it's presence is limited to promotional material like this website, and doesn't slip it's way into the next main Sonic game.

Sonic Boom feels dead in the water and I don't want to waste the 25th anniversary trying to make Boom attractive again.

What does Boom's reception have to do with the quality of a new game :\ Its not like the developers of Sonic Boom would even be involved. 

• Thumbs Up 5

24 minutes ago, SonicDX said:

I agree, that's what I'm talking about. But I respect everyone's opinion, so please don't get me wrong. :)

But that doesn't make any logical sense,  seeing as how the games notwithstanding  ( and as @Indigo Rushmentioned,  even the games have their fans, whether they be new to Sonic,  brought in by Boom,  etc), everything else about Boom, especially the tv series,  has been regarded as success,  commercially and critically speaking.

Also, @Spooky Mulder , for that matter,  what's the third "mediocre  to poor" officially released game you're referring to?  I recall there being only two currently. 

17 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Its not like the developers of Sonic Boom would even be involved. 

I'd like to say that, and that would be logical, but Boom Sonic was on the official 25th Anniversary picture. But I see your point, and I think that Boom wasn't officially said to participate in the anniversary game, I just said that I wouldn't like it to be in it, and it would also be a bit unlogical. That's true it has its fans, and there were some good things about Boom, I admit. But I don't see any reasons to put Boom into the anniversary game, since it wasn't a really memorable part of the franchise (or it was, but in negative meaning).

2 minutes ago, SonicDX said:

I'd like to say that, and that would be logical, but Boom Sonic was on the official 25th Anniversary picture. But I see your point, and I think that Boom wasn't officially said to participate in the anniversary game, I just said that I wouldn't like it to be in it, and it would also be a bit unlogical. That's true it has its fans, and there were some good things about Boom, I admit. But I don't see any reasons to put Boom into the anniversary game, since it wasn't a really memorable part of the franchise (or it was, but in negative meaning).

Because Boom is apart of the franchise. 

Do you realize how big of a leap in logic that is? So because Sonic Boom is promoted alongside other versions of Sonic, that instantly means that they're going to involve a large portion of the development process with the Sonic Boom developers?

Seriously, you are reading too much into this; its literally just a promotion stunt because, once again, Sonic Boom is a part of the franchise, just like Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic (or Legacy, whatever).

• Thumbs Up 5

On 2016. 03. 25. at 6:23 PM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Do you realize how big of a leap in logic that is? So because Sonic Boom is promoted alongside other versions of Sonic, that instantly means that they're going to involve a large portion of the development process with the Sonic Boom developers?

Seriously, you are reading too much into this; its literally just a promotion stunt because, once again, Sonic Boom is a part of the franchise, just like Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic (or Legacy, whatever).

Hm, now I am thinking about it... You are right. I always forget that Boom is developed by a different company. Sorry for making trouble and being a headache! :unsure:

Now I feel like I'm Knuckles...

5 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

And to go back to the Mega Man parallel look at this 

59834-mega-man-20ths.jpg

This was from the 20th anniversary and Star Force is on the logo despite being considered to the worst Mega Man series they still acknowledge it as part of the franchise. So at the end of the day who cares? It's not really effecting anything major it's just a celebration.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, SonicEkkusu said:

@SonicDX thank you. I found it while searching for "Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles" videos on YouTube.

That day, I had Knuckles stuck in my head.

Lol, I also looked up a music video (I believe it was called "Satan of Hell by "Black Satans") and I put the Thomas the Tank Engine theme in another tab with the Satan of Hell music video on mute. Try it. It's beautiful.

Yeah, I like the 'Knuckles and Knuckles' meme, too! ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing that bothers me is how they're reusing a lot of assets. On one hand, that's good since they're saving resources and establishing a set design and brand for the franchise.

On the other hand, they can't come up for updated renders of Classic and Boom Sonic instead of reusing from Generations and Shattered Crystal?

Not a super big deal though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, El Driver said:

The only thing that bothers me is how they're reusing a lot of assets. On one hand, that's good since they're saving resources and establishing a set design and brand for the franchise.

On the other hand, they can't come up for updated renders of Classic and Boom Sonic instead of reusing from Generations and Shattered Crystal?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In the old locked 25th Anniversary thread, I came up with a theory that it's a sign that something big is planned for Modern Sonic due to him being the only Sonic to have a new render while the others don't.

It's a little far fetched but who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

This was from the 20th anniversary and Star Force is on the logo despite being considered to the worst Mega Man series they still acknowledge it as part of the franchise. So at the end of the day who cares? It's not really effecting anything major it's just a celebration.

I don't know if the Mega Man sub-series are mutually contradictory in the way mainline and Boom are, though.  The Mega Man sub-series are all canon to each other, and furthermore represent extremely individual interpretations of the material; they aren't all pretending to be the same one Mega Man.  But that's exactly what Boom was trying to do - to replace the original with a modernised, westernised face.  In a sense, it's not even about the fact that the core of Boom, the new games, flopped hard; it's about the fact that there was no need for them to be separate from mainline Sonic in the first place.  Even the designs for Boom, quite aside from how widely they were mocked, are intimately tied to a group of developers who I don't expect to ever work on Sonic again, so the way that Sega is clinging onto them as if their work is a valued part of the franchise's history equivalent to Classic and Modern is baffling to me.  The best thing they could do with Boom would be to try and homogenise it with the main franchise over time.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/25/2016 at 8:35 AM, FFWF said:

But that's exactly what Boom was trying to do - to replace the original with a modernised, westernised face.

They expressly denied this as soon as the characters were revealed.

• Thumbs Up 6

On 3/25/2016 at 11:03 AM, SonicEkkusu said:

Fixed.

I almost forgot how much I loved that video. Thanks for making Monday a lot better. ;) 

• Thumbs Up 7

I really really hope that there's not just one anniversary game. I hope there is a classic Sonic game and a modern Sonic one. And then there's a Sonic Boom already announced. Personally, I think it's a much better approach than Generations'.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 25/03/2016 at 8:35 AM, FFWF said:

I don't know if the Mega Man sub-series are mutually contradictory in the way mainline and Boom are, though.  The Mega Man sub-series are all canon to each other, and furthermore represent extremely individual interpretations of the material; they aren't all pretending to be the same one Mega Man.

The Battle Network series is an alternate universe with many of the Classic characters being recreated with different interpretations.

Classic > X > Zero > ZX > Legends all form a timeline in that order. Battle Network is a totally separate entity and is recreating parts of the Classic series with its own spin on them. Plus add to it, in the Japanese version the only ones called "Rockman" are the Classic one and the Battle Network one.

Well and the Legends one but that was actually a late game twist, and by that point in the timeline 'Rockman' had become a title of sorts.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that the Modern Sonic's lack of merchandise has to do with Sega keeping them on tight lock, just so when the game that is yet to be announced, gets announced maybe, just maybe we will start seeing more Modern Sonic on Promotional merch, thats if there's any in the making to begin with. Just a thought

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...