Awoo.

The Sonic XStream (Episodes 74-78) (Friday 15th July 2016, 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST), and Sonic OVA (Friday 22nd July 2016, 10:00pm GMT/5:00 EST) #XStream Finale

Ryannumber1gamer

NEXT TIME ON SONIC X 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150303205649

Sonic's galaxy wide adventure continues as he tracks down the chaos emeralds. However, he's about to come face to face with new Metarex, and it will be up to him to save another planet from their destruction. He's not alone however when the Chaotix Detective Agency joins the battle for the galaxy! However, A familiar rival returns, and causes huge trouble for everyone...

Episodes:

Episode 58: Desperately Seeking Sonic/The Maiden's Jungle Trap

Episode 59: Galactic Gumshoes/Go Into Space, Chaotix!

Episode 60: Shadow Rebirth/Sand Trap

Episode 61: Ship Of Doom/Metarex Battleship Attack

Episode 62: An Underground Odyssey/Secret of the Underground Valley

Spoiler

Schedule: 

9:00pm GMT/4:00pm EST:

Sonic Musical Pre-Show - For the hour coming up to the main stream, music requests from the Sonic series will be taken, including both the songs from the games, and remixes. On the rare occasion, some non-Sonic stuff might be played as well. 

10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST:

The Sonic XStream - The main show, where you get to the fastest thing alive go up against some of the greatest evils on Mobius/Station Square/Sonic's World/Whatever. 5 episodes a night are generally shown here, although depending on arc length, that can be decreased to four episodes, or increased to six episodes.

12:00am GMT/7:00pm EST:

The After-Show - Video requests will be taken from viewers.

http://taima.tv/r/MOTOBUG

Date: Friday 24th June

Time: 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST

Well, hope you guys weren't expecting some grand teaser for the 25th because *slips on button*

...oops

Coming Soon

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright, I'll have the regular update post done sometime this week, but since I've showed it off, might as well do full confirmation.

banner_128.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie (Sonic OVA) is going to be shown on Friday 22nd July at 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST, followed by two episodes of the next Sonic series planned for XStream

7 hours ago, Diamond said:

Maybe a stupid question, but its the english dub version or the japanese one?

English dub.

NEXT TIME ON SONIC X

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140505040548

The Metarex push Sonic to his breaking point as more mysteries are uncovered. Hundreds of Chaos Emerald readings. However, Sonic has more enemies to deal with, as he ends up in a battle with Super Shadow for the chaos emeralds, The Chaotix causing troubles on board their ship, and more. Next time, on Sonic X... 

Episodes:

Episode 63: Station Break In/Space Fortress Metal Plant

Episode 64: A Metarex Melee/Clash! Sonic VS Shadow

Episode 65: Mission: Match Up/The Chaotix's Big Shocking Love-Love Mission

Episode 66: Clash in the Cloister/Crossing the Galaxy Corridor!

Episode 67: Teasing Time/Black Trap

Schedule: 

Spoiler

Sonic Musical Pre-Show - For the hour coming up to the main stream, music requests from the Sonic series will be taken, including both the songs from the games, and remixes. On the rare occasion, some non-Sonic stuff might be played as well. 

The Sonic XStream - The main show, where you get to the fastest thing alive go up against some of the greatest evils on Mobius/Station Square/Sonic's World/Whatever. 5 episodes a night are generally shown here, although depending on arc length, that can be decreased to four episodes, or increased to six episodes.

Movie Night with @Felix

Date: Friday 1st July

Sonic OVA Will Be Streamed on July 22nd on the leadup to the next Sonic series as part of a special crossover with @Felix's Movie Night. 

You guys might be wondering why there's been no recap posts for this season. Well, to be honest there isn't anything to recap here as most of the episodes are stand alone episodes until the final few. At most, there's Shadow coming back, and that's about it. 

Anyway.

Next Time on Sonic X

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140131043245

As we begin to gear up for the season finale, and the conclusion of Sonic XStream, Shadow attacks the Blue Typhoon, wanting to destroy Cosmo for supposedly working with the Metarex. With this news, the group will need to stop Shadow from destroying her, but they begin to wonder, is Cosmo really on their side?

Episodes:

Spoiler

Episode 68: A Revolutionary Tale/On a Destroyed Planet

Episode 69: The Planet of Misfortune/Please Marmolin!

Episode 70: Terror on the Typhoon/The Eggman Fleet Appears!

Episode 71: Hedgehog Hunt/Cafe Chaotix

Episode 72: Zelkova Strikes Back/The True Form of the Metarex!?

Episode 73: The Cosmo Conspiracy/Assassin's Shadow

Schedule: 

Spoiler

Movie Night with @Felix

Date: Friday 8th July

There's only one more thing to discuss. 

Sonic XStream is Ending.

Yeah, so for those who haven't heard the announcement, and as you probably could have guessed anyway, Sonic XStream is closing up it's doors. The Sonic OVA airing on July 22nd will be XStream's final night. This is not the end of SSMB's Sonic Shows however.

Sonic XStream was always meant to be exclusively for Sonic X. Now that the show is ending, there isn't much point keeping it going. This week, and next week will be two special nights which will allow us to conclude Season 3. After that, XStream will fully conclude on July 22nd with the crossover between myself and @Felix's Movie Night where we will be viewing the Sonic OVA

As for what's to come? Well, while XStream is gone, It's also got a spiritual successor (And we aren't gonna make you cry like an anime fan on prom night, like other spiritual successors, thanks Inafune). That is where FriPM comes in. Sonic FriPM is gonna be a stream of Sonic SatAM and will be taking the place of XStream. It's official premiere? July 22nd. Yep, Sonic XStream's final showing of Sonic OVA will lead into the official debut of Sonic FriPM. More details of FriPM is here:

For all of XStream's fans, it's been a good ride. It's been fun looking at this show, and seeing the many low points, and seeing it's few high points, and I hope you guys will join us for FriPM. Until next time.

NEXT TIME ON SONIC X

Spoiler

213.JPG

THE FINALE IS HERE. SONIC AND HIS FRIENDS GO UP AGAINST THE METARIX FOR THE FATE OF THEIR PLANET, AND THE UNIVERSE. FRIENDS WILL BE LOST, HEARTBREAKS WILL OCCUR, AND AT THE END OF IT, CAN SONIC WIN?

Episodes: 

Spoiler

Episode 74: Eye Spy/Lost Planet

Episode 75: Agent of Mischief/The Day of the Plantations

Episode 76: The Light in the Darkness/Showdown! Dark Oak

Episode 77: A Fearless Friend/I Can Do It For Your Sake

Episode 78: So Long Sonic/The Place Where Planets Are Born

Schedule: 

Spoiler

Movie Night with @Felix

Date: Friday 15th July

#FINALE

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm in a decent mood to talk about Season 3. The season that everyone seems to say how batshit insane the show becomes.

And yes, it does get absurdly ridiculous.... by the last 5 or so episodes.

Ok so, the idea of space adventure with Sonic and friends is a nice idea, I mean I liked the idea of seeing various alien races in the Sonic universe. But it would be better if we had a season where it just takes place in Sonic's world and then we can have a space adventure. So for the overall story, it starts ok I guess? I mean, I would do without Chris personally but hey, if he's gonna be around, he's a lot less of a prick then he was during Season 2's finale. I mean, it sets the stakes up with the Metarex taking the Planet Eggs and Cosmo talking about how ruthless and powerful they are and stuff, so hey that's neat I guess? But I feel like the majority of the episodes are filler to me, nothing much happens. I guess you could say that Season 3 suffers from similar problems as Season 1 where for the most part, it's a bunch of filler. But there is an overarching plot, it just takes a while to get there. I mean, atleast we get to see the Chaotix and Shadow again and they're fun when they're around. Seeing characters like Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow fighting the Metarex that are way taller than they are and are really damn strong too but the fact they can still whoop their asses, just shows how strong they really are (Knuckles can go toe to toe with Yellow Zelkova but can't beat Donkey Kong, I call bullshit ScrewAttack).

So yeah, the idea and the return of the characters are neat. But holy shit, does it do a lot of weird shit. For starters, Tailsmo. How they got together was so forced and it was just annoying but to be honest, it doesn't bother me that much. I mean sure, plant girl dates young twin-tailed fox kid is weird. But Sonic does a lot of weird shit that I've grown numb to it all. As for the animation, it rarely looks good. I can remember episodes in the past 2 seasons that looked really damn good. But in this season, I think it only looked good when Super Sonic and/or Super Shadow are around. Also the action is lame, I don't feel the sense of impact in some scenes. Like when they axed off Zelkova, I felt some impact there but for the most part, it juts looks weird and not very engaging. And speaking of not very engaging, the last few episodes of the season just dragged like hell. I hate when shows does that, decided to to halt the pacing of the show to overbloat it. It's dumb and I don't like it. The backstory to Cosmo's family and who the Metarex really are was just nonsense. It might work in a different show but it has no place to be in Sonic X. I mean, the male Seedrians can turn into Godzilla/Gamera monster ripoffs, plant people politics and all that stuff; just no. It was at that point, that fully convinced me that Sonic should never attempt to be fully serious. Not to say that it can't have some legitimate intense and stressful moments but never fully serious. It just doesn't work when your main character is a cartoony action hero hedgehog that goes fast. I mean, by the end I didn't care that Cosmo died. I was fatigued and was so turned off that I didn't care. I was just glad this overdramatic nonsense was over.

Overall, I can say that I was at first ok with Season 3 but at the end, I was feeling apathetic. So yeah, it's not great. Not to say a Sonic space adventure can\t work but Sonic X just doesn't do it well. Heck, Chronicles did a similar setup and it was much more interesting than X ever wished it would be.

So looking back over the three seasons of Sonic X, it really is a mixed bag. Season 1 had too many filler episodes and didn't really have a plot to it, Season 2 improved things by making adaptations to the games but I felt Adventure 2 and especially Battle leaves a lot to be desired abut the Adventure arc was actually good, not great but I can actually watch it and enjoy it.  Season 3 had a weird setup but it can work but it just gets ridiculously melodramatic at the end and with a overly drawn out ending that it leaves you fatigued and you just don't care.

So looking back at it now, how I would place the cartoons (and the OVA) in my personal order.

Boom =< OVA < SatAM < AoStH < X < Underground

So yeah, those are my thoughts on Sonic X as a whole. Really had a fun time hanging out with you guys during the streams though I miss out out on most of them but when I came, I had fun. Whether it was praising the show or ripping it a new one, fun times were had. Thanks for setting this up Ryan and Deleter muh man, high quality emotes are high quality, meme approved.

Can't wait to watch the OVA next week and maybe I'll join FriPM as well, I mean I watched SatAM recently like a few months ago but wouldn't hurt to watch it again to see if I still enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 2