Awoo.

Tara's Sonic 25th Anniversary Music Project - In Need of Artistic and Technical Contributions and Assistance

Tara

• 4 weeks later...

Oh is this an original composition? I was expecting a Sonic medley, turns out its unfamiliar, but really well done. Are there any reprises I should be hearing? Not that there has to be, it's real nice even without that. It's very synthwave-y, which I love, like something outta the rising action or climax of a film, fitting for a love letter to a series you love to death and captures how I once felt about it.

5 minutes ago, Auto said:

Oh is this an original composition? It's unfamiliar but really nice. Are there any reprises I should be hearing? Not that there has to be, it's real nice even without that. It's very synthwave-y, which I love, like something outta the rising action or climax of a film.

Yes, it's an original composition!  Not sure what you mean by reprises in this particular context.  If you're listening through headphones or decent speakers you should be able to hear everything, but basically the song is just synth pad -> arpeggio on electric piano -> chorus with clean guitar solo -> return to synth pad -> synth pad intesifies with snare becoming louder -> bridge with clean guitar playing chords -> the same chorus with distorted electric guitar but an octave higher.  It doesn't really follow a strict verse/chorus format, since it's just supposed to be a calming atmospheric song with gradual buildup.

ANYWAY, I'm glad you like it! =D

I might've used the wrong word, I meant like homages to Sonic tracks, which again, isn't necessary when this is so well made and the Sonic relation comes from it being based on how you feel about Sonic.

3 hours ago, Auto said:

I might've used the wrong word, I meant like homages to Sonic tracks, which again, isn't necessary when this is so well made and the Sonic relation comes from it being based on how you feel about Sonic.

Nah, there aren't any references to other Sonic pieces.  My end goal was mainly to create an original piece that sounded like it would fit somewhat well within the atmosphere of a Sonic game, using Mega Collection and Gems Collections' menu screens as a primary inspiration.  Part of me also contemplated the idea of having an extended piece that captures some of the most poignant musical moments in the series, but that I figured that would be too ambitious of a project if I was also going to be making a video and asking for arts to go along with it.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Kiah said:

It's a labor of love and then some! I honesty didn't feel it was enough for me to give you a like here in this topic and on your YouTube channel, Tara as I feel some commendation is in order. It was an awesome idea and I am very glad it came it to bed. I enjoyed it very much and the amount of love and dedication you put it this video is admirable and I honestly feel you aren't giving yourself enough credit. Not only am I down for a seemingly rare positive video regarding Sonic-my favorite character of all time, it's all the more special when it is a collaboration of the hard work and awesome talents of my SSMB family! :) 

While the video was playing it was nice and fun to recognize the artwork right off the bat with some SSMB members such as @ShroomZ @Auto @Zaysho and @Nepenthe and at the same time getting to see the artwork of some members I hadn't seen before and will definitely keep an eye on if possible as everyone's art was fantastic! Your original musical piece was really good and I felt it helped capture that nostalgic feeling the video portrayed looking back at the past quarter century of Sonic. That got me teary-eyed actually as well as the dedication to Komodin. Good job on giving me the feels there ;).

Tara I have to thank you and everyone else that took a part in making this wonderful video as this "power of teamwork" is a wonderful thing. Seeing how well you did with this video I hope that will encourage you to pursue making videos in the future as you will only get better from here on out as you did a really good job with your very first one here. This was an outstanding team effort and when the SSMB comes together I've seen some amazing things come about. Great job everyone and I thank you all very much for coming together in making this as I have enjoyed it and will continue to so :).

Thank you so much!  I'm very happy you enjoyed it!!  I hope I'll be able to make big projects like these in the future, but there's a lot of hard work and stress that goes into them, so it probably won't be a regular thing.

(Also, I'm upset that no one commented on the sticky note that said & Knuckles because I worked ridiculously hard on that one stupid joke that Lightworks kept messing up)

• Thumbs Up 6

Trippy... I think I had a dream like that once. I also just noticed that my picture was the only one that didn't feature Sonic, bizarrely it never occurred to me to do so. lol

What can I say except that it looks pretty freakin' cool and you did a fantastic job with the final product? It's nice to group up like this every once in a while to do something unique and special. Nice touch in adding the & Knuckles text like it was stuck on much later. XD (What? A spoiler tag? N-N-No, I-I'm not mentioning it because of a spoiler tag!!)

I'm actually pretty crappy at expressing myself and me feelings with words sometimes, I truly think this charming video is something special as well as inspiring.

There is no gif I could find to accurately portray my feelings or reaction to this, so this one will have to do.

pinkie_pie_check_by_azure_hobo-d5e2owz.g

• Thumbs Up 2