Awoo.

Tara's Sonic 25th Anniversary Music Project - In Need of Artistic and Technical Contributions and Assistance

Tara

Spoiler

N48w96y.jpg

I forgot to put this here as I was asking if this was good enough for the Sonic 4 thing lol sorry!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:
  Hide contents

N48w96y.jpg

I forgot to put this here as I was asking if this was good enough for the Sonic 4 thing lol sorry!

Remove the background and it's probably fine, though I personally don't think it captures anything specific about Sonic 4.

3 minutes ago, Tara said:

Remove the background and it's probably fine, though I personally don't think it captures anything specific about Sonic 4.

Well the pose itself was traced from Sonic 4's ending poses.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is just a practice thing, but I am intending for Sonic to look just about the same as this in my final picture. I showed this before in statuses but I may as well show this here to show what I have so far XP. It is intended to look close to the Naoto Oshima concept art style. There will be more in the picture than this too, but it will be handrawn and I will take a picture of it like all my normal stuff. Is that okay? It will be coloured and everything when finished. 

698f48296e20496fa190b98cd68d0a0d.png

8 minutes ago, Tara said:

To be fair, I'm not sure Sonic 4 has a lot of specifics to work with. The first episode is largely a throwback to the first and second games, and I guess Episode II has Metal Sonic in it? (haven't actually played Ep. II) You COULD probably reference a specific gimmick (the torch or something) to tie it in better, though as sansy points out, the pose itself is based on the ending pose of Sonic 4 and resembles the model used in that game, at the least.

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

To be fair, I'm not sure Sonic 4 has a lot of specifics to work with. The first episode is largely a throwback to the first and second games, and I guess Episode II has Metal Sonic in it? (haven't actually played Ep. II) You COULD probably reference a specific gimmick (the torch or something) to tie it in better, though as sansy points out, the pose itself is based on the ending pose of Sonic 4 and resembles the model used in that game, at the least.

i'd say that perhaps someone could work in some 1 or 4 of the episode 1 stages into the background and we might could put the sonic pose on top of it

2 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

i'd say that perhaps someone could work in some 1 or 4 of the episode 1 stages into the background and we might could put the sonic pose on top of it

The pieces aren't supposed to have backgrounds, so that's why I suggested a particular gimmick. Or perhaps a particular enemy that ties it in directly to Sonic 4. The only downside is that means she may have to change her drawing altogether, but if lack of specificity is an issue, that's the only thing I could suggest that still stays within the bounds of the guidelines.

12 minutes ago, sansy said:

Well the pose itself was traced from Sonic 4's ending poses.

7 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Fair enough on both points.  I'm okay with it, then. ^^

10 minutes ago, A weasel. said:

This is just a practice thing, but I am intending for Sonic to look just about the same as this in my final picture. I showed this before in statuses but I may as well show this here to show what I have so far XP. It is intended to look close to the Naoto Oshima concept art style. There will be more in the picture than this too, but it will be handrawn and I will take a picture of it like all my normal stuff. Is that okay? It will be coloured and everything when finished. 

Hand drawn and colored is fine, just, as per content guidelines, make sure there's no background or leave it blank so that I can remove it myself.  Also, that looks great so far! =D

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tara said:

Hand drawn and colored is fine, just, as per content guidelines, make sure there's no background or leave it blank so that I can remove it myself.  Also, that looks great so far! =D

Ah, thank you so much. ^^ 

I was just a little worried since I thought it may not be allowed since it was hand-drawn. Thank again. :)

2 minutes ago, Sonic's Number 1 Fan said:

Hey, I'd like to draw RoL if that's still open, please!

Sure thing!

1 minute ago, A weasel. said:

Ah, thank you so much. ^^ 

I was just a little worried since I thought it may not be allowed since it was hand-drawn. Thank again. :)

Nope, hand drawn is definitely okay.  It's a little harder to edit in, but it's fine lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Tara said:

^ That works good, too!

I like my newer one better so I'll submit that one :)

That's great, thanks!

50 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

I like my newer one better so I'll submit that one :)

Name and website you wish to be credited as?  Looks good btw. =P

52 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:
  Hide contents

mpXrHIb.png

Looks great!  But I'm not sure if the text will fit well.  I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what i have so far or the final product. So it will approximately look like this and be this exact size when finished. Still have a way to go. XP 

1ueli0g.jpg

Will the size and spacing of the characters do? 

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, that looks like it will be fine.  It's no problem if you don't but if you have access to a scanner, that would be my preferred method of uploading the picture.  But again, it's cool if you don't.

Just now, Tara said:

Yeah, that looks like it will be fine.  It's no problem if you don't but if you have access to a scanner, that would be my preferred method of uploading the picture.  But again, it's cool if you don't.

I do not have a scanner, sorry. =/ 

1 minute ago, ShroomZ said:

I do not have a scanner, sorry. =/ 

Like I said, it's cool. XP - You can just continue doing it as you are.

11 hours ago, Auto said:

This is super late, sorrryyyy

And here's a flashy outlined version just in case

It's okay!  These are ADORABLE!!!

• Thumbs Up 1