Awoo.

Tara's Sonic 25th Anniversary Music Project - In Need of Artistic and Technical Contributions and Assistance

Tara

3 minutes ago, Lady Soniko said:

@Tara when is the deadline for this?

All artists who choose to participate have until April 30, 2016 to submit, although I highly encourage you to have it done and submitted before then to keep progress steady. 

Are these the answers you're looking for?

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah that'll do, should have it done on the 30th at the latest, would be done tomorrow but going to see the first 2 Captain America movies and Civil War with my sister and cousin so that'll eat into my time pretty drastically.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure it'll be fine, as long as it doesn't look like crap (which I doubt it would) things will probably be fine. I mean, I can't say that with confidence since I have no correlation to this collab whatsoever. So @Tara you cool with that?

7 hours ago, ShroomZ said:

I've been meaning to put this on here for several days, but here is the final thing. 

This looks great!  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Lady Soniko said:

@Tara when is the deadline for this?

5 hours ago, sansy said:

I'm sure it'll be fine, as long as it doesn't look like crap (which I doubt it would) things will probably be fine. I mean, I can't say that with confidence since I have no correlation to this collab whatsoever. So @Tara you cool with that?

Current deadline is April 30 and that's when I want the majority of people to have it in by, but I'm willing to be flexible on it, since I know people have lives and stuff.  It's mainly that I want to focus on editing throughout most of early May, and not constantly worrying about who will get it in on time.

Reminder to everyone that's submitted that I need a name and website (if applicable) you would like to be credited as.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wanted to include all of the Deadly Six but RL distractions and general depression slowed me down considerably, in the end I stuck with only one. Zazz. Gave him a slightly toon look to him, with bulging eyes and a toothy grin. I'm fairly happy with how it looks and I think I've followed the rules correctly, I hope you all like it.

Spoiler

IVUpQzA.png

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, DanimeJ86 said:

I wanted to include all of the Deadly Six but RL distractions and general depression slowed me down considerably, in the end I stuck with only one. Zazz. Gave him a slightly toon look to him, with bulging eyes and a toothy grin. I'm fairly happy with how it looks and I think I've followed the rules correctly, I hope you all like it.

Hide contents

IVUpQzA.png

Looks great!  Thanks!

tumblr_mijbsfLKOr1s2r6ijo1_1280.png

Ended up sticking with an old image I did for the TSSMA since my file for the newest piece I was working on got corrupted when my PC shut down for updates lmao, fuck my life.

Credit me as Pistol Star and my Tumblr  is http://pistolstarworks.tumblr.com/

• Thumbs Up 9

28 minutes ago, Lady Soniko said:

the newest piece I was working on got corrupted when my PC shut down for updates lmao, fuck my life

That seems to be a running theme with contributors of this project lately. XD

Anyway, looks great!  Thanks a bunch!

• Thumbs Up 1

Update:  Deadline extended indefinitely due to extenuating circumstances on the part of several artists.

So as I mentioned earlier, I had planned on extending the deadline, because some people haven't finished their work yet and because some circumstances made it... well, difficult.  Several people have apparently reported their files being corrupted and having to start over.  Anyway, feel free to take your time getting these into me, but I really need as many as I can by June, when I hope to have the video completed.

I've also taken the time to update the OP.  If your work is crossed out, that means I got your work.  If anyone feels like they can not contribute art in any way, please let me know now, so I can re-open the spot for someone to take.  If a spot is re-opened, I'll allow pretty much anyone to work on it, even if they already have a slot open, provided they stick to the guidelines already outlined.

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed Shadow and Sonic CD footage aren't crossed, my memory might be faulty here, didn't I send those? :U

1 hour ago, Ratcicle King said:

I noticed Shadow and Sonic CD footage aren't crossed, my memory might be faulty here, didn't I send those? :U

You did, but I haven't gotten the drawing yet.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Tara said:

In light of today's tragic news, I felt it would only be appropriate that we as a community dedicate this project to Komodin.  He was a dear friend to many of us and one of the most prolific members of this community.  So at the moment, I'm working on putting up just a screen that says "Dedicated to the Memory of Komodin" or some such thing, but I'd like something a little more creative than that.  So if you guys have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Maybe add his avatar from here at the end of the video 

1 hour ago, Tails spin said:

Maybe add his avatar from here at the end of the video 

I'm planning on something like that, but the software isn't cooperating right now >_<"

Hopefully it works. It would be cool if a fade in effect would be added to it if possible 

On 5/18/2016 at 11:04 PM, Tara said:

In light of today's tragic news, I felt it would only be appropriate that we as a community dedicate this project to Komodin.  He was a dear friend to many of us and one of the most prolific members of this community.  So at the moment, I'm working on putting up just a screen that says "Dedicated to the Memory of Komodin" or some such thing, but I'd like something a little more creative than that.  So if you guys have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

...how big of a dedication were you thinking? I have an idea, but perhaps it's a little too complicated.

I was thinking something like a collage of images and art with associate with him, stuff like screenshots of his favourite games, stuff he made himself or art created in his memory. Put together in a way that creates a new image, like this example.

photo-collage-heart.jpg

I'd like to include a fan art I did based on a fan fiction he was writing. He loved it!

Spoiler

sF5wN3D.png

It's just a passing thought I felt like sharing...

It's a nice thought, but I don't want the dedication to be bigger than the actual video, so I'd rather it we keep it simple and laconic.  You know, like Komodin... for the laconic part.  Not the... you know what I mean.

• Thumbs Up 2

I could have gotten this in infinitely sooner had I actually tried, and it's super simple, but I just hope that it works well with your project! '^^ For the record, this was completely hand-generated (other than removing the background obviously) and colored using gouache paints. I can't say it's professional quality in any way, but it was fun to do at least!

lXXvW5b.png

The anti-aliasing could be better. Let me know if it needs to be and I'll try to fix it up a bit.

Credit me as just Monkey Destruction Switch and nothing else, I'm not particularly well-known anywhere xP

I'm really looking forward to the final project.

• Thumbs Up 8

The anti-aliasing shouldn't be a problem since it will be scaled down to the point where any problems probably won't be immediately noticeable. ^^

But it looks great, and I always enjoy seeing the contributions that use less traditional methods!  Thanks a bunch! <3

• Thumbs Up 2

So sorry I put this off for so long; hopefully this'll be good enough to use. Did finish this at a state where I should be sleeping, and it's not my best piece of art in retrospect, but eh. Let me know if I need to shrink it or whatever:

58IamvG.png

• Thumbs Up 8

11 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

So sorry I put this off for so long; hopefully this'll be good enough to use. Did finish this at a state where I should be sleeping, and it's not my best piece of art in retrospect, but eh. Let me know if I need to shrink it or whatever:

It looks fine. XP  Do you have a name and website you'd like to be credited as?

Thanks a bunch!

• Thumbs Up 1

You can credit me as Spin Attaxx. Only website I really have is my Tumblr, so there's that I guess.