Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

Now tell me how Deep Silver is worse than Sega with publishing. :V

Because their marketing & publication is shit.

10 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Because their marketing & publication is shit.

...Okay, how is it shit?

EDIT: I mean, I get that they're not that great at it, but the same could be said about how Sega Europe would handle these games. Without reasoning I can't really see how the odds of the games bombing would go up in comparison to Sega Europe handling them.

Mighty No 9's marketing.

Their handling of Homefront.

Their overseeing and handling of APB.

Their handling of Dead Island 2/overseeing of it's development before they dropped the original studio.

The fiasco surrounding the Dead Island Remaster on the PS4 including the outright lying of some reasons as to why one of those games comes on a DLC code and not a disc.

The fact that up until today they didn't have any projects on their books other than Bloodstained. 

It doesn't scream confidence when their recent history has been that. I think at one point in may someone asked over at Gaf on a near daily basis if Deep Silver were in trouble given all the bad news coming out of it.

EDIT: I mean, I get that they're not that great at it, but the same could be said about how Sega Europe would handle these games.

One day... one day the truth will out, but it can't be today.

40 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Mighty No 9's marketing.

Their handling of Homefront.

Their overseeing and handling of APB.

Their handling of Dead Island 2/overseeing of it's development before they dropped the original studio.

The fiasco surrounding the Dead Island Remaster on the PS4 including the outright lying of some reasons as to why one of those games comes on a DLC code and not a disc.

The fact that up until today they didn't have any projects on their books other than Bloodstained. 

It doesn't scream confidence when their recent history has been that. I think at one point in may someone asked over at Gaf on a near daily basis if Deep Silver were in trouble given all the bad news coming out of it.

I'll give you Mighty No. 9, though outside of that one trailer they didn't really fuck up the game's sales. If anything they helped by making a physical release possible.

Homefront 2 was a shitty game that was incredibly likely to fail anyway

They only handled the distribution of the console versions of APB, which again was a shitty game that'd likely fail anyway.

We don't know much about what happened during Dead Island 2's development, not really something I can say much about.

They did fuck up with Dead Island Remastered there. 

They're also publishing King of Fighters XIV in Europe. I'm not sure how them not having any other upcoming games announced is relevant though.

Their recent history has been messy, but that was more because of the quality of the games than them fucking up with marketing. I'm not sure how this shows that they'll fuck up with Atlus/Sega's games though. Them releasing Persona 5 here around the same time as in the US would already be a massive improvement over how soon we'd usually get Persona games.

I don't think you realize what we had to deal with before. Even with shitty marketing, Deep Silver is likely to be a improvement over the massive delays and uncertainty about us getting the games at all that we got from Sega Europe not caring and Atlus USA not having a publisher for Europe.

EDIT: Also not sure how some rando on GAF talking about it has any relevance.

2 hours ago, Mayor D said:

You mean up until today we didn't know about it, this could've been in the pipeline for a while.

1 hour ago, TimmiT said:

They're also publishing King of Fighters XIV in Europe. I'm not sure how them not having any other upcoming games announced is relevant though.

And the other two games they announced, being Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and 7th Dragon III Code: SFD, the new Volition joint, Agents of Mayhem and of course Dead Island 2, but like you said, number of announced projects doesn't exactly matter.

I wouldn't call it laughable. If they make more money by not publishing physical versions of niche Japanese games and instead spending the money they'd spend on that on PC games, then it makes sense for them to focus more on that. It's shitty for Sega fans but still, it makes sense. Though it shows pretty well just how bad Sega's regional branches are with working together. Sega Europe has become so independent that they're pretty much become a different company that just uses the Sega name now.

Anyway, like they mention, Sega Europe was already working with Koch Media/Deep Silver (they're one and the same) to publish physical games. This is to a certain extend Sega America cutting out the middle man.

I can't really see much harm from Deep Silver publishing Sega and Atlus games. If anything, it'll only help considering there weren't going to be European releases before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly Im erring on the side of caution here and going into this under the assumption that the July date will be a flop or the information revealed will be extremely vague. Hopefully I'm wrong though 

31 minutes ago, Azoo said:

You all know who you are. :v

who could be so dastardly?!

• Thumbs Up 3

47 minutes ago, Azoo said:

Certain members of our fandom (inside and outside SSMB) love crafting hoaxes and the like, so don't give them the attention. You all know who you are. :v

PRBzQC4.png

Rest assured, no Sonic game hoaxes from me from now until post July 22nd, at least! It *is* getting close now though, blimey. 

• Thumbs Up 3

*Quickly draws a chao and places it under a fake logo of the game-that-must-not-be-named*

Me.

In all honestly, I don't see how they can get away with anything other than a trailer with some gameplay IF the game is nearly ready [or at a demo of which demo pods will probably be at the venue]. Of course, that's if the game is still 2016 with another for 2017. If this is a 2017, I'd still expect a trailer, even if it doesn't have a massive focus on gameplay.

Do we know that there will be a new game there 100%, though? I was under the impression that this is still under the classification of "announcement", not "new game announcement".

Also, have they confirmed the existence of a livestream for the event yet? I'm pretty sure I recall something of the sort but all I'm finding on it now is for the SXSW panel and Sonic Revolution livestreams.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Azoo said:

Attention to everyone that often reads this topic in hopes of Sonic news.

Just reminding everyone that we have 16 days until the next Sonic game is announced. That means we're going on nearly 2 weeks until reveal. Been quite a wait, huh? At least in comparison to most games in this series.

I'm not here to say get hype (we know nothing lol) as much as I am to say be on the lookout. Coming this close to an announcement, anything can happen: patent slips, marketing / journalism flubs, footage / asset leaks, and websites registered. They may very well be tight-lipped on this til the very minute it's announced, but it's worth a shot to keep an eye open, no? Could be fun!

That said, if (and let me emphasize with a huge if) we find any leaked assets or major information on the game (like footage, screenshots, etc), let us be courteous to people who are waiting on the proper reveal and keep the content in spoiler tags until then. Once again, I'm not saying any of us will find anything during this ride til then; I'm just speaking in hypothetics.

Also related to the subject (especially directed at younger/more inexperienced members of the fanbase), don't just assume whatever you see posted from so-and-so guy is from the next Sonic game either. Certain members of our fandom (inside and outside SSMB) love crafting hoaxes and the like, so don't give them the attention. You all know who you are. :v

vwMin.gif?noredirect

Seriously though, if nothing BIG (and I do not mean Big) is announced on the 22... people are really gonna loose their shi*.

78387-dis-gon-b-gud-meme-Bx0l.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

They've been hyping this day up a bunch, and they seem certain we won't be disappointed. It's fairly likely that they will reveal the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, something really feels different this time!  The series has been at a unique, valuable, weird, and often very creative plateau for just long enough now.

The idea that they are continuing to be patient is very encouraging.  They have the graphical and engine resources to make a 3d Sonic that has a similar** feel to the original games actually happen now.  :o  ^_^  This still may not be what they have chosen to do this time, but it is interesting to see that it was mostly put on hold after the initial Adventure game, for Sonic and Tails, and then Adventure 2's zones for Knuckles and Rouge!  It is always an option in the future!  

** I think what i am considering here is zones with vertical exploration, and, that are terrain based moreso than based on tracks and paths through or over terrain.  Tracks and paths have been done really well in modern Sonic to be honest!  but it is time, eventually even if not with this next game, to let Sonic and other characters get back on the actual ground not just running but climbing, falling, sliding, and bouncing through the zones!  ^_^:D

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, The Deleter said:

Do we know that there will be a new game there 100%, though? I was under the impression that this is still under the classification of "announcement", not "new game announcement".

Judging by cryptic hints and teasers from Aaron, along with last month's remarks from Iizuka, it's pretty much a given.

Also, have they confirmed the existence of a livestream for the event yet? I'm pretty sure I recall something of the sort but all I'm finding on it now is for the SXSW panel and Sonic Revolution livestreams.

Iizuka confirmed a live stream at the Joypolis event a couple of weeks ago.

I've been out of the loop somewhat with Sonic (that party is creeping up fast didn't realize wow) in the past week and a half 

Y'all sure we getting a game reveal confirmation on that fabled  day of days aside from Webber's 'wait til the party' approach or is that all we have to go on for the past number of weeks

Aaron as of late has been really confident in saying that fans will be really excited for what the party has to offer, so it's not a straight up confirmation of the announcement but it's pretty obvious at this point.

Well alright there's that I suppose

...although I'm not gonna lie there is a tiny part of me that is expecting this may not be what the majority will be excited for and it may implode but hey y'all hope for the best possible outcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am also erring on the side of caution in this instance.  A new game is at least 90% confirmed, but as far as I can tell, we're still in the "anything can happen" stages.  I'm quite looking forward to whatever it is, even if it's not a game, since it seems to be very big.

I'm also gonna remain cautious, (Tho I'm slightly hyped) They'll probably show some Boom stuff, some BBFA3 and a sneak peek of this new game.

I wonder when we're gonna get those animated shorts, tho, those sound interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1