Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

Well I'd say it's good to be doubtful about things, like I'd say the discussion about if the announcement happens, are we just going like a 30 second teaser or an actual trailer along with some details. Not a lot since the game will be out in 2017 so best not to spoil the entire game until then, unlike  Generations.

But as for whether it'll a direction that fans will like, that's a tricky one to answer. In the main series alone, there's been many styles implemented in terms of tone and gameplay. All with their share of fans and haters. And that's fine and all but I feel a big problem with the fanbase is that, some people are so dead centre with how their vision for the main series is the right one and any other interpretation is looked down upon and as such. That's a mentality that I just find very self-entitled and unfair to be honest. I'd say some people just need to learn to accept that Sonic can mean differently to others and that  they shouldn't feel bad for thinking such. Which is why I feel there is no such thing as True Sonic Spirit because what's "true" to one person, isn't exactly true to another. Both can be perfectly acceptable and valid choices. Every direction Sonic went had its share of pros and cons, none is without either one so I'd say it's important to acknowledge that when it comes to debating what direction the main series should go for now with the new game, especially since it has to feel different storywise from Boom.

I mean, I would love to the action focus from games like Unleashed, the Adventures and Black Knight back but at the end, as long as it's a good direction that helps prevent people questioning what's the difference between the main series and Boom, I'm totally down for.

Not entirely sure if this was the right answer to the question but I feel it's important to make note of this before we see what the new game has to offer.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2016-07-06 at 0:54 PM, Athena Cykes said:

You mean up until today we didn't know about it, this could've been in the pipeline for a while.

Actually, I got some bad news about that. Atlus (I believe it's John Hardin who runs the account) on GAF today confirmed the deal just got signed.

I don't know what this says, but I think this is pretty bad as who the hell knows when the games will come out if the deal was just signed and assuming Deep Silver only started these NOW. Now who knows if they're going to just put out English-only releases or make them multi-language. The former would be much quicker of course. What experience does Deep Silver have with localizations?

37 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

Actually, I got some bad news about that. Atlus (I believe it's John Hardin who runs the account) on GAF today confirmed the deal just got signed.

I don't know what this says, but I think this is pretty bad as who the hell knows when the games will come out if the deal was just signed and assuming Deep Silver only started these NOW. Now who knows if they're going to just put out English-only releases or make them multi-language. The former would be much quicker of course. What experience does Deep Silver have with localizations?

I mean, that was in the 7th Dragon thread so whether this pertains to that exclusively or not remains to be seen. I'll still hold some hope.

4 hours ago, Hero of Legend said:

What experience does Deep Silver have with localizations?

They localized Catherine into French, Spanish, German and Italian. One of the few Atlus games that was released in Europe that wasn't just in English. I don't know how good/bad the translations are but from what I've read, people praised Deep Silver for it. It was released 6 months later than the US and a year later compared to Japan though. Just seems out dated waiting a long time for a UK/EU/AUS release when many companies even smaller companies can get a close US/UK/AUS/EU release but that is more to do with Atlus rather than Deep Silver who does close releases.

Potentially Deep Silver could be the best thing for Atlus European gamers since it means that they can play in their language (some people might be interested in the series but don't know English very well to play them) that also means higher sales. Meaning that Atlus could have more Persona/SMT/Etrian Oddysey fans. It just depends whether they get translated or not.

Gotta say, this is the most pumped I've been for a new Sonic game in a long time. I mean, we've had the longest wait EVER between 3D Sonic games, which leads me to think Sonic Team is working on something big. Like, REALLY big. Throw in all the emphasis on classic Sonic this year--much moreso than even Sonic's 20th anniversary--and one can't help but wonder what direction they're gonna be taking with this game. I'm so pumped.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

I asked Gene on Twitter where the Sonic Anniversary Party is gonna be streamed, and good news!There should be information on where the it's going to be streamed very shortly!

https://mobile.twitter.com/gene_hf/status/751943190828052480

Alright, awesome! Really pumped for the anniversary party at this point! The new game will probably be announced and I think we're gonna get some gameplay ^_^. I think the long wait will be worth it... Can't wait to see what Sega's been working on.

Too bad it doesn't start until 02:00 UK time. Would love to watch it.

The event is bound to be fun for those going, and I'll be able to join in the hype the next day.

5 hours ago, DarkRula said:

Too bad it doesn't start until 02:00 UK time. Would love to watch it.

The event is bound to be fun for those going, and I'll be able to join in the hype the next day.

Well, who needs a sleep anyway... O_o

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

What day was the event they are to reveal the new game?

July 22nd is when the 25th Anniversary Party is in San Diego, Sega have heavily implied on the game being revealed there.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Hero of Legend said:

July 22nd is when the 25th Anniversary Party is in San Diego, Sega have heavily implied on the game being revealed there.

Excellent, my hype is hard to explain. I mean im excited but I am just to tired honestly. I need this to be good. I really do T_T.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't have any expectations one way or the other.  We've gotten literally no information right now, so there's no reason for me to be optimistic or cynical either way.

• Thumbs Up 6

Here's a question. What will the reactions be if either of the following happens:

1. Game is announced. No platforms known. No in-game media and instead either a CG Coconut Gun trailer, or even nothing but a Press Release.

or

2. The game is completely absent. Aaron just goes "I never actually said it would be there!".

What would people say/think?

1) Big disappointment

2) Bigger disappointment XD

No, seriously. After so much waiting, I really hope to see some gameplay and full info. For teasers we've had plenty of months. I hate teasers. And modern marketing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda wanna see 2 happen just to see how SEGA handles the fans  at that point, and whether people will defend SEGA and be like "God just be patient guys, they'll announce it when they announce it" lol.

5 hours ago, Hero of Legend said:

Here's a question. What will the reactions be if either of the following happens:

1. Game is announced. No platforms known. No in-game media and instead either a CG Coconut Gun trailer, or even nothing but a Press Release.

or

2. The game is completely absent. Aaron just goes "I never actually said it would be there!".

What would people say/think?

1. If it's a CGI trailer there will be slight hype.

2. It will basically be Salt Mountain Zone Act 5.

• Thumbs Up 3

Weren't the past couple of games announced with CGI-only teaser trailers and no gameplay?

2 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Weren't the past couple of games announced with CGI-only teaser trailers and no gameplay?

Colors and Gens were. Lost World was announced with CG artwork (the trailer with gameplay came out 10 days later via IGN).

• Thumbs Up 4