Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

I think the USB should just contain a 20min video of Arron pointing at the screen... laughing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just to remove any doubt, the Twitch says:

Join Us For a Celebration!

We'll be the official livestream source of the Sonic 25th Anniversary Party on Jul. 22 at 6pm Pacific! Join us as we reveal the future of Sonic at long last!

• Thumbs Up 1

The future of Sonic doesn't just mean games though. I'm pretty sure it will be the game, but I'm not gonna 100% believe anything at this point 

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Wait how can we get that coin and usb stick?

It's included in the bag you get given on entry. 

Just now, Tracker said:

It's included in the bag you get given on entry. 

No!!!!!!!!!! Why must I be so far on the east side/working T_T

They know the Sonic fanbase is a volatile bunch. I don't think they'll risk faking us out again.

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Y'know I could almost believe they'd try a fakeout, get the crowd all hyped, show a "trailer" for BBFA3, and then "oh yeah, also:" and show the real game announcement.

Except at this point people are stressed/hyped enough that they might actually riot.

Hey it happened with KH3 during E3 2015(they showed off Unchained X after hyping people up and THEN showed 3.) I'm almost certain it wouldn't be beyond SEGA/Sonic Team lol.

Dagnabbit! It's at 2am Sat here and I've got to be in work at 6am. Hope the game announcement isn't saved for the end.

51 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

Dagnabbit! It's at 2am Sat here and I've got to be in work at 6am. Hope the game announcement isn't saved for the end.

I mean...who needs sleep, right?

Right?

:'(

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Treat it like Christmas, go to sleep and wait for Santa to bring you a game reveal in the morning.

Better be fooken worth it man. Its been so long.

• Thumbs Up 2

With all of this fuss, dragging it out for so long and talk of future of Sonic, do you reckon they're maybe redesigning Sonic Team Sonic?

8 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

With all of this fuss, dragging it out for so long and talk of future of Sonic, do you reckon they're maybe redesigning Sonic Team Sonic?

Maybe. Ilzuka is coming to US so I'd imagine he'll be making some changes or may have already done so, hence him moving to US.

2 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

Not sure.

I hope not, the 'modern' design is almost as timeless as the 'classic' one. Works just fine. If anything, it may be a total overhaul - perhaps something of a soft reboot. Gameplay wise...well it could be anything. I hope its more along the lines of classic physics based gameplay. Some sort of fusion between SA1 and Generations, but who knows. Story wise....fuck knows any more. I'd personally in inclined to ignore everything outside of the classics, SA1/2 and Unleashed, but you know whatever. The lore has been inconsistent at best.

I just want a cohesive game. One that doesn't look too heavily on the past at a cosmetic/surface level. Focus on the mechanics and then on just making a good new game.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

Not a chance in hell. Not after Boom. (EDIT: beaten by Dizcrybe)

I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team has had some internal restructuring in Boom's wake, actually.

I'm surprised we've got this far with no leaks. My usual investigations have turned up nothing so far. 

1 minute ago, Detective Shadzter said:

I'm surprised we've got this far with no leaks. My usual investigations have turned up nothing so far. 

Maybe they're keeping things close to their chest.

The fact that they're saying "future of Sonic" rather than just "what's next" or "the latest" does make it sound like whatever's getting shown off is going to have some sort of lasting effect for Sonic. Having said that, it could literally just be referring to the next game and it would still be accurate so who knows.

I don't see the cast getting redesigned, SEGA seem pretty content to keep Sonic as he is. At most, they'd decide to just use the Runners designs which seems to be the happy hybrid between classic and modern. Lost World already tweaked Sonic a little from Generations. His quills were definitely a lot shorter and I think his legs and belly were tweaked a little too.

I'm guessing that their goal here is to finally establish what Sonic is. It's been a long-time issue that SEGA needs to just decide what they want to do with Sonic and focus on making that the best it can be. They've already mentioned that they might "lose some fans along the way" with what's to come so that definitely sounds to me like they're finally choosing one concept and just sticking with it rather than keeping up the impossible fight to please anyone and everyone.

If we're placing bets here I'd say that we're getting a new gameplay style but one that takes inspiration from what's already worked. I can't see the Lost World style coming back without at least the cylinder levels and run button being dropped and I think they've had their fill with the established boost gameplay. 

• Thumbs Up 5