Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

So I'm not sure what the exact rules on speculation are here, but since other people seem to be posting their speculations for the party, here are some things I speculate as being within the realm of possibility (to varying degrees). I don't believe all of these things are going to happen at once, this is just a general mess of things I think could possibly be announced at this event.

-Something related to Sonic Boom. Most likely Season 2 trailer, and maybe something related to Fire & Ice, like a new feature for the game, or maybe even a demo being released after the show.

-Something about the Sonic movie. I don't think a trailer is that likely, at least not a very expansive one. At most, I'd expect like, a 20 second teaser that doesn't actually have footage from the movie. Realistically though, I think they will only show some screenshots of it, reveal some of the people working on it, and maybe go into the concepts of the movie, like the setting and characters.

-Sonic merchandise, of course. I expect the First4Figures Sonic 25th Anniversary statue, as well as possibly their upcoming Silver the Hedgehog statue, will both be revealed with a physical prototype model. And I think there will be some new stuff in general from other companies.

-More details on Sonic's appearance in LEGO Dimensions. Showing off what comes in his Level Pack, and some gameplay.

-I think it's possible that the SEGA mobile RPG will be shown off here. Sonic will most likely have a heavy presence in that game and they literally just teased it this week so it makes sense.

-Crush 40 concert is confirmed IIRC, and I think they could debut a new song from the new Sonic game. Remember how Johnny said him and Jun were confirmed to do music for the new game, but deleted the Facebook post after, or something like that?

-And of course, the new main series/25th Anniversary game. I will be honest, I am hard pressed to predict exactly what it will be. There's literally nothing to go off. The most I can say is that I think it will be something totally new. I essentially think this is gonna be another case like Unleashed, where they have something really ambitious and massive in scale, and it will, to some degree, be a new gameplay formula. And as much as I want more playable characters (at least Tails and Knuckles for now), I think another Sonic-only game is most likely, especially since Aaron Webber hinted at this in the interview with Tails' Channel a couple of months ago (ironically, that interview was about this party).

-I also think it's possible we will get announcements of either Sonic remasters or spin-offs. I think a PC port of Heroes or Colours is very plausible as both were name dropped as titles SEGA was "heavily considering" porting to PC (Heroes also does actually have an old PC port already). They also name dropped Unleashed, but stated it was "still being assessed as to whether or not it's realistically possible", or something to that effect. Either way, Unleashed is the one I really want to see. Colours would be nice too, but it doesn't need it as badly (it's already universally well-received for the most part) and I don't think they could fix that game's problems through a remaster since they are more inherent to the game. I think another Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing game is also possible.

-Also a trailer for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3.

-Something completely unexpected.

-More memes. Live memeing.

It's late and also my first post so I've probably said some silly things here or made some mistakes on some things I sort of remember happening, but yeah. Wanted to get this out somewhere, since I am super excited for this party (gonna have to sleep the evening before since it's starts at 2AM for me, lol).

Edited by ChikoLad
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm still kind of leaning towards something to do with what seems to be a loose theme across the 25th assets shown so far.

The whole pixel thing, it's appeared in the promo art with backdrops pixelating and reforming, that posted image of Sonic's face shattering into pixels and reforming, the block like pixel chunks used on the packaging for the plush toys etc, also the pixel style Kid Robot figure thing now..

Yeah I know the 'Pixel Sonic' thing was said to be an error in print but still. 

I know it's a small thing in reality, but in all these predictions, I'm surprised no-one has been mentioning the Xbox Backward Compatibility program. The classics are already on it, though numerous other games are yet to be. Small, and only some would care about it, but possible. Even if not announced at the party and quietly dumped on there.

Whatever gets announced, I'm just excited we'll be getting something at last.

Say, hypothetically, if the next game got leaked before Friday, would you guys still ignore the leaks and wait until Friday/Saturday morning for official announcements or would most of you just embrace those leaks like there's no tomorrow? Really interested to hear what you all think. :)

Personally, I would actually wait. I remember back in 2011 when a lot of Generations stuff got leaked and in hindsight I sort of wish I'd never exposed myself to them. It didn't ruin the game as a whole, but it did sort of ruin the hype for me when I instantly knew almost everything about the game before it even came out. :/

As Sega confirmed earlier their next "project" will begin in 2017, I see it as a new main game (possibly fully in 3D) coming out first and later following with a sequel like Sonic 3&K did. That's just what I've been dreaming of lately. I really hope their next project will have some continuity in the future, and not in form of single DLC level, I want to see a Sonic & Knuckles type of story add-on. When has that happened to a main Sonic game last time? I have a feeling it's quite unlikely, but that's what I've been hoping for a long time.

12 hours ago, Tara said:

And Big's Fishing Adventure 3 teasing could in turn be subliminal teasing for something else.  It's no less egregious than saying "They're making classic-inspired Sonic merch like they always do, therefore we must be going back to the classic era."  My point was we have no idea, and it's a bit hasty to come to any conclusions as to where the next game will take us.

I mean, you can imagine that it's teasing a Sonic Adventure 3 with BBFA3 if you want. But if they actually are then I haven't noticed. :V

2 hours ago, BlueFlare said:

As Sega confirmed earlier their next "project" will begin in 2017, I see it as a new main game (possibly fully in 3D) coming out first and later following with a sequel like Sonic 3&K did. That's just what I've been dreaming of lately. I really hope their next project will have some continuity in the future, and not in form of single DLC level, I want to see a Sonic & Knuckles type of story add-on. When has that happened to a main Sonic game last time? I have a feeling it's quite unlikely, but that's what I've been hoping for a long time.

A certain angsty Hedgehog comes to mind :P

Sonic Adventure 2 --> Sonic Heroes --> Shadow the Hedgehog 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup, I'm expecting a reveal of the new game, season 2 of Sonic Boom and new info on the sonic movie. I doubt they will show a trailer of the film though.

They usually show movie trailers a year before the movie's release, right?

On the extra side, maybe they'll show a remastered game? Like, Sonic Generations Remaster for next gen consoles...

1 hour ago, CottonCandy said:

They usually show movie trailers a year before the movie's release, right?

Full trailers, yes, but a small teaser doesn't tend to play by the same rules.

If nothing else, it'd be nice if they could drop the bombshell we've all been wanting: what Sonic will look like in this.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Full trailers, yes, but a small teaser doesn't tend to play by the same rules.

If nothing else, it'd be nice if they could drop the bombshell we've all been wanting: what Sonic will look like in this.

Considering how Marza's working on it, and SEGA's fierce protection of Sonic's design (to the point he can't even have proper alternate colours in Smash Bros), I doubt he's going to look too different at all in the movie. 

It seems possible to wonder if a new engine has been created; thankfully, this will be known or at least partially be able to determine rather soon! 

5 hours ago, TimmiT said:

I mean, you can imagine that it's teasing a Sonic Adventure 3 with BBFA3 if you want. But if they actually are then I haven't noticed. :V

They could add BBFA3 as an unlockable feature in the new Sonic game. Just as a bit of fun.

The last time I've felt this amount of uncertainty was after a first Lost World's trailer. But I'm still pumped for it. Until 3am, The Witcher and some cofee. And remember...

keep-calm-and-gotta-go-fast.png

Can't we at least get a teaser? Like just an obscured image? I mean you think they'd at least do that to try to get more people watching the stream tomorrow...

(yes I'm that desparately trying to find reasons for them to show something before tomorrow night :V)

Can someone tell me what the Sonic icons and numbers placed like that in the top of the picture mean. 

20 minutes ago, BenderTheBatman said:

#TimeToGetThisPartyStarted

Interesting aspect being the only video game related area is Nintendo, which is quite curious, since we are getting some form of game announcement

1 minute ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Interesting aspect being the only video game related area is Nintendo, which is quite curious, since we are getting some form of game announcement

the game announcement will be at the party, if i'm not mistaken

Just now, NikoS said:

the game announcement will be at the party, if i'm not mistaken

Yes, but if they were planning on showing the trailer at SDCC or a poster or whatever you would assume they would put it in an actual gaming related area. Revealing something near an event generally means you have plans to gain exposure.