Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is most likely what's at the Nintendo booth. I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything else.

• Thumbs Up 7

Time for some possible info? Time for some possible info! Remember CM4Sci, that guy who confirmed Sonic in LEGO Dimensions a while back? Well over on Eurobricks he just said this...

Tomorrow we should get a first look at the Sonic Level Pack cause LD is gonna be at Sonic's 25th anniversary party at SDCC.

Given that he was right last time, I'm pretty dang sure this is legit again. Too bad I'll be in bed when this goes live I guess.

• Thumbs Up 7

31 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

Time for some possible info? Time for some possible info! Remember CM4Sci, that guy who confirmed Sonic in LEGO Dimensions a while back? Well over on Eurobricks he just said this...

Given that he was right last time, I'm pretty dang sure this is legit again. Too bad I'll be in bed when this goes live I guess.

Sweet, hopefully means they decide to reveal team and fun packs too

49 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

Oh wow, another prediction of mine might come true.

I thought I was being overly hopeful by hoping for anything more than just the new main series game.

This is shaping up to be a Sonic version of a Nintendo Direct or something.

• Thumbs Up 5

Definitely think SOMETHING will be Classic Sonic-based. It'd be cruel not to after "rebranding" the official Twitter, Facebook, etc. 

Until tomorrow though, I'll be patiently waiting, watching the community's every move! 

7mHiMn.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, BenderTheBatman said:

#TimeToGetThisPartyStarted

What the hell is Han Cholo? Is this saying that Bootley Han Solo is gonna be at the party?

Toynami made me double take. I read that as Toonami and actually got a little excited there. My mistake.

And I laughed a bit when I read "Bait". Just Bait. Is that short for "Fan Bait" or is is another Big the Cat pun?

.... so been thinking.

What are the odds that we might get a trailer either before the party or as the party starts?

A few reasons for this.

Doesn't Sega usually have game pods at these events? But so far nothing has been announced? (Is this right? Not seen anything.)

Say there is a game announcement late in the event. That would mean the party can't have any promotional material for the game. Else fans would leak the announcement online.

Also, say there is a playable demo of a game and they don't announce it until late. Fans will leak it.

So doesn't it make sense for the game announcement to be early?

• Thumbs Up 6

I say there's a chance. Announce early, and discuss at the party. Maybe even a nice surprise like a playable demo!

My bets are:

Early announcement with a short GCI teaser.

Gameplay trailer at the party + playable demo.

It's not a retro game, but it will have Classic Sonic.

Sonic Boom season 2 teaser.

Lego Sonic level pack trailer (pretty much already confirmed).

A new retro game is announced, digital only (like Sonic 4).

I know, two new games is aiming too high, but you know me. I'm optimist.

20 minutes ago, Jango said:

I say there's a chance. Announce early, and discuss at the party. Maybe even a nice surprise like a playable demo!

My bets are:

Early announcement with a short GCI teaser.

Gameplay trailer at the party + playable demo.

It's not a retro game, but it will have Classic Sonic.

Sonic Boom season 2 teaser.

Lego Sonic level pack trailer (pretty much already confirmed).

A new retro game is announced, digital only (like Sonic 4).

I know, two new games is aiming too high, but you know me. I'm optimist.

Lol, I really doubt we'll be getting all of that. At the most, we'll get a teaser trailer at the end, the level pack trailer, and Sonic Boom season 2's trailer. There's no way in hell we're getting a playable demo. I'd be amazed if we get a gameplay trailer, to be honest. I'm expecting some some 10-15 second teaser trailer of Sonic going through a ring and seeing his pixelated world turning into a modern version of it or vice-versa, like in all of the art we've seen.

That's what I'm betting, anyway. But you know me, I'm a pessimist. 

I also expect some news on the movie, the co-producer will be there so yeah.

27 minutes ago, McGroose said:

Lol, I really doubt we'll be getting all of that. At the most, we'll get a teaser trailer at the end, the level pack trailer, and Sonic Boom season 2's trailer. There's no way in hell we're getting a playable demo. I'd be amazed if we get a gameplay trailer, to be honest. I'm expecting some some 10-15 second teaser trailer of Sonic going through a ring and seeing his pixelated world turning into a modern version of it or vice-versa, like in all of the art we've seen.

That's what I'm betting, anyway. But you know me, I'm a pessimist. 

highly doubt they would be making this big a deal out of this party if it was just gonna show us a 10-15 second teaser trailer for the new game.

For one, they said "ALL will be revealed" and "the Future of Sonic will be revealed".

Teasers aren't a reveal. They're a teaser. Hints, like the ones we've been getting so far. They don't tell you anything concrete, just let you know "this is a thing that exists and here's a vague representation of one of the game's main concepts".

That does not match the definition of "ALL will be revealed", and I think they KNOW that a mere teaser trailer would be way too little. People started getting impatient ages ago, they can't hold out any longer.

Plus, merely giving us a teaser with no gameplay means both the Sonic movie and LEGO Dimensions news would end up overshadowing the main game, and being bigger news than it, which is not what they want.

Did a brief look, and Larry's at Comic Con.

We know why Mike will be there, but now I can't help but wonder if I'm just over-speculating or not in regards to if Larry will be there with him.

We know why Mike will be there, but now I can't help but wonder if I'm just over-speculating or not in regards to if Larry will be there with him.

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

Sorry for asking but...who is larry? 

:o

Seems like they'll be registering a domain soon then ;) 

Just one more day and we'll know what the next sonic game will be...

Something that might be perfect for everyone would be a "Sonic Maker" (like Mario's), so any level can be themed as classic, modern, boom, etc. That would rock!

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope SEGA realizes there are a lot of European fans watching this and don't wait too long for the game announcement.

• Thumbs Up 7

One thing I'm really concerned about is how cringey the fans will be. Considering just how vile and crude the Adventure fans can be my worst case scenario is that when SEGA inevitably reveal the game to not be Sonic Adventure 3, the SA3 truthers at the event will bum rush the stage and start booing.

Adventure fans have a track record of being obnoxious, but am I just being extremely paranoid?

12 minutes ago, JingleBoy said:

One thing I'm really concerned about is how cringey the fans will be. Considering just how vile and crude the Adventure fans can be my worst case scenario is that when SEGA inevitably reveal the game to not be Sonic Adventure 3, the SA3 truthers at the event will bum rush the stage and start booing.

Adventure fans have a track record of being obnoxious, but am I just being extremely paranoid?

You're being paranoid. There are much more Adventure fans than those idiots from the Facebook group. And even that FB group wouldn't be that dumb.

• Thumbs Up 8

25 minutes ago, JingleBoy said:

Every fandom has bad eggs. No need to group them altogether. Or assume that even the bad eggs wouldn't be able to remain tactful at a real life event. Do remember that people are much more vocal on the internet.

IMO it's a time to celebrate being a Sonic fan, not to be worrying over "sects" of the fandom or anything like that. Doesn't matter who you are, as long as you are a Sonic fan, you have a place at this party, either in person or on the stream.

2AM Saturday morning can't come sooner.... :wacko:

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, did all those cryptic messages from Aaron get somewhere? I mean, was everything just a way to announce the July 22nd date or is there anything else left to clarify?