Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

Eh, if it has the same sound issues as the other plug-and-play Sega Genesis released a while back, I'm don't see myself picking this up. Even with a snazzy 25th logo slapped on the box.

Looks to me like a repackage of the old one from argos with a couple more games and some fancy new packaging. Nothing to flip out over, but it's still pretty neat I guess.

(heh, maybe the old one will go down in price at argos!)

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Sega and Nintendo minis

what... what year is it

the 25th year since Super Mario World and Sonic 1 came out. AKA the birth of the console wars

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

the 25th year since Super Mario World and Sonic 1 came out. AKA the birth of the console wars

Console wars need a 25th anniversary logo.

I'm ready to see what they'll have in store for us at this event tonight. Hopefully they'll show of some good stuff there.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Omega Pipe said:

I'm ready to see what they'll have in store for us at this event tonight. Hopefully they'll show of some good stuff there.

Like a mini Saturn? :P

Just now, Borvoc said:

Like a mini Saturn? :P

Duuuuuuuude

You have no idea how bad I would want that. I mean, the chances of that happening are next to none, but I can dream. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

They should redo all the Sega Consoles into one and tie it into an Online Digital Games market. Would buy the shit out of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Hello! 

154553.jpg

Coming later this year, price is £50 from Smyths toys, but I know for certain other retailers will have it too.

Edit: Believe it or not, I have been under an NDA about this.

Atgames re-release I'm guessing right?

Just now, goku262002 said:

Atgames re-release I'm guessing right?

Wasn't ATGames who asked me to keep it shush, but I believe it is their product.

I don't know if it's just the basic model or if this is the SD card model.

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Wasn't ATGames who asked me to keep it shush, but I believe it is their product.

I don't know if it's just the basic model or if this is the SD card model.

Eh, if its just a re-release of the first models then no thanks. I heard they were some pretty bad faults with them, sound issues and composite cables in 2016 being the most ones that irk me.

But if these are improved models with their faults fixed then maybe. Atgames have got to step up their game now that Nintendo is smashing onto the P&P market.

4 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

But if these are improved models with their faults fixed then maybe.

I'm hoping that we can find out the answer to that, but that's a conversation for another time.

Just now, Mayor D said:

I'm hoping that we can find out the answer to that, but that's a conversation for another time.

Keep us updated on them, may be worth getting if Atgames listened to the complaints from the first models.

Posting again,

This is parked outside of the House of Blues right now and you can see it from the street, so go take a look if you can.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm just gonna drop this here, I will do it by the way. I'm a man of my word.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, this social media stuff's really getting me pumped for tonight. I really hope something doesn't randomly come up preventing me from watching the stream.

17 minutes ago, Auto said:

Holy shit, this social media stuff's really getting me pumped for tonight. I really hope something doesn't randomly come up preventing me from watching the stream.

Your mentioning of "social media" is making me want to plug an article of mine that just went up. :P

I'll do that in a more appropriate topic, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's only one way they'll disappoint me tonight; if we only get a 2D title. If we get say, a 3D and a 2D title I'll be fine, but 2D just isn't what I'm after by now. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

There's only one way they'll disappoint me tonight; if we only get a 2D title. If we get say, a 3D and a 2D title I'll be fine, but 2D just isn't what I'm after by now. 

What if it looks really good though? What you feel is up to you, but personally, if they drop something that looks like Classic Sonic levels in Gens, I will cry.
fun with formatting for emphasis