Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

About the resemblance of the ring and that fan art, I do believe that they're not related.
There are enough difference to believe so. Plus, it's almost the typical thing to draw in a ring there.

6 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

The longer it takes for any 25th Anniversary game news, the more I think this game isn't out until Q1 2017. Look at Zelda Wii U; it was supposed to come out the end of this year for the 30th Anniversary but won't be out now until the NX's launch in March 2017!

Eh, Lost World wasn't revealed until mid-May, so I wouldn't rule out a 2016 release just yet. I do find it a bit strange that we haven't heard close to anything about it yet, but that's probably because I'm so used to Sega accidentally leaking info in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2016 at 10:06 AM, Detective Hogfather said:

Oh great... now watch the whole line get cancelled!

I want my 25th pin badge!

Wait... if that artwork is stolen... is this also based on fan art?

26105247004_fc2d4835e7_o.jpg

No, it's based on Zelda, how could you miss that iconic item pose?

Dawn of War anything to do with Sega? They shared a link on Facebook advertising something happening in just under half hour on Youtube.

Dawn of war is an RTS games series based on Warhammer 40.000 and developed by Relic Entertainment. There's DOW1 and DOW2 with several expansion packs each.

Sega bought Relic from THQ when it went bankrupt, just after Relic released Company of heroes 2. This is the first Relic game made under Sega.

I'm so hyped. I've been waiting for DOW3 like 4 years! I hope it's released before the end of the year :D

1 hour ago, molul said:

Sega bought Relic from THQ when it went bankrupt, just after Relic released Company of heroes 2. This is the first Relic game made under Sega.

*Just before Company of Heroes 2. It was released about half a year after Relic was bought by Sega.

But yeah, Dawn of War III is a Sega game.

On 5/1/2016 at 1:54 PM, Gabz Girl said:

Look at Zelda Wii U; it was supposed to come out the end of this year for the 30th Anniversary but won't be out now until the NX's launch in March 2017! 

I wouldn't put too much stock into a comparison like that. Zellda WiiU obviously is getting re-positioned so it can pull double duty as a system seller for the NX. It makes no financial sense to launch a big AAA like that exclusively on a dead console when you have its replacement right around the corner.

*cough*seeSegaSaturn&Dreamcast*cough*

A Sonic game won't carry that same burden, so that same pressure to push it back won't exist. Not for the same reasons anyway.

41 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into a comparison like that. Zellda WiiU obviously is getting re-positioned so it can pull double duty as a system seller for the NX. It makes no financial sense to launch a big AAA like that exclusively on a dead console when you have its replacement right around the corner.

*cough*seeSegaSaturn&Dreamcast*cough*

A Sonic game won't carry that same burden, so that same pressure to push it back won't exist. Not for the same reasons anyway.

It's certainly possible for it to have similar pressure for it to be pushed back though, even if it'd be for different reasons. Like I can imagine that SEGA doesn't want their game to look like it's unfinished after how badly Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was received, so they could very well delay it if it isn't ready for release. A polished Sonic game could make SEGA look like they actually give a shit again.

7 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

It's certainly possible for it to have similar pressure for it to be pushed back though, even if it'd be for different reasons. Like I can imagine that SEGA doesn't want their game to look like it's unfinished after how badly Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was received, so they could very well delay it if it isn't ready for release. A polished Sonic game could make SEGA look like they actually give a shit again.

You could say that about any game or any company. If a game isn't finished or needs some more work, then of course it can get slapped with a delay.

I'm just saying using Zelda is a bad comparison to use as a baseline, since we know why its getting pushed back. Unless the newest Sonic game is Nintendo exclusive, there is no reason to let Zelda's push back rattle your cage about a Sonic game getting pushed back to next year too.

On 2016-05-01 at 1:54 PM, Gabz Girl said:

The longer it takes for any 25th Anniversary game news, the more I think this game isn't out until Q1 2017. Look at Zelda Wii U; it was supposed to come out the end of this year for the 30th Anniversary but won't be out now until the NX's launch in March 2017! 

Is Sonic even going to shown off at E3 next month??

I've theorized it may indeed come out in Spring alongside NX. It's interesting we're this far in without an announcement.

Secret Rings was announced at E3 2006 and launched in Spring 2007 on Wii, and All-Stars Racing was announced in late May 2009 and released in Spring 2010.

Other examples include Sonic 4 Ep. 1 and the first two Riders games of launching in the new year.

Secret Rings came out February of 2007 it was still Winter same thing with All stars racing that came out February of 2010. 

34 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Secret Rings came out February of 2007 it was still Winter same thing with All stars racing that came out February of 2010. 

Hmm, I thought it was more like March. Oh well. :P

20 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

You could say that about any game or any company. If a game isn't finished or needs some more work, then of course it can get slapped with a delay.

So you haven't played Rise of Lyric, Sonic 2006, or half of all other Sonic games ever released then? :V

Just saying: Sega has more reason to delay a game for quality reasons than they usually would have. And Sonic games usually look like they could have used one.

Hello.

The following places will have a 25th anniversary event and/or announcement.

• SXSW
  • PAX (doesn’t specify which one).
  • E3
  • San Diego Comic-Con.
  • New York Comic-Con.
  • House of Blues 25th Anniversary Party.

Sonic YouTube Channel is to be relaunched with new content.

New Sonic twitch channel to be created, will show game stuff and be used to livestream events. 

Journeys Kidz will be ‘taken over’ by the Sonic brand, Amazon & Toys R Us will also see their web presence ‘taken over’ by Sonic later in the year.

Oh and Sonic theme park attractions, Sega is looking into them and apparently really wants them.

And tons more merch news.

Movie was also mentioned.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2016/05/yes-even-more-sonic-25th-anniversary-details-posted-e3-sonic-event-planned/

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

The animated shorts thing is possibly the only real interesting thing out of all of that stuff.

You don't like theme parks?

Or parties...?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Or parties...?

Those involve going outside.

@Detective Hogfather There's no mention of the movie in your article.

9 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Or parties...?

When I'm not able to go to any of them, then no I'm not interested. :V

I mean, I wish I could go to the 25th Anniversary thing but that'd mean I'd have to travel to the other side of the world.

It'll get announced when it's ready. The game exists, we know for a fact that it does, as it was confirmed by Endri to be playable in 2014. 

I commend SEGA for not revealing anything too early, as much as the wait frustrates me. It'll very likely be announced at an independent event, or have a trailer at an E3 conference (most likely Nintendo). I expect the former. Sonic Boom is happening this year, right? Or some other event? It'll probably be there.

Just relax, wait, and hope it ends up good.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Sami said:

I commend SEGA for not revealing anything too early, as much as the wait frustrates me. It'll very likely be announced at an independent event, or have a trailer at an E3 conference (most likely Nintendo). I expect the former. Sonic Boom is happening this year, right? Or some other event? It'll probably be there.

It is quite incredible that it wasn't accidentally mentioned in this article, this was the one I had pinned hopes on that it would reveal the game or at least confirm a 2016 title. 

In every single article/interview Sega have done with these magazines, there is almost always the line drop of "We have new games/titles planned for *insert the year here". 

This didn't even have that. The closest thing we got was the 'surprise at House of blues."

Just now, Detective Hogfather said:

It is quite incredible that it wasn't accidentally mentioned in this article, this was the one I had pinned hopes on that it would reveal the game or at least confirm a 2016 title. 

In every single article/interview Sega have done with these magazines, there is almost always the line drop of "We have new games/titles planned for *insert the year here". 

This didn't even have that. The closest thing we got was the 'surprise at House of blues."

Honestly it is down to faith so I understand where you're coming from, but I genuinely think the SoA PR team know what we want and have a firm grasp on what they're doing. I'd be shocked to see a team spearheaded by Aaron Webber tell us to be excited for June (July? Whatever the date was that they gave us at SXSW) shut us down with a nothing announcement.

• Thumbs Up 6

33 minutes ago, Sami said:

The game exists, we know for a fact that it does, as it was confirmed by Endri to be playable in 2014.

Wait what?

Huh?

This is news to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Wait what?

Huh?

This is news to me.

He's most likely referring to that working prototype Endri claimed to have seen a couple years back.

I don't really feel like digging through Retro's message boards to find the exact post, so have an article instead: http://www.tssznews.com/2014/06/03/working-prototypes-of-next-sonic-allegedly-in-existence/