Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

On 5/26/2016 at 9:28 PM, SonicEkkusu said:

@GeneHFThis quote is not on purpose and i cant fix it

Lol the youtube chat is disappointed but I'm a happy camper.

Utterly gutted....

That was awful, just a rehash of classic styles?  Is modern Sonic dead now?

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are people acting like this is it.

There's a big "make history"/"???" announcement at the end.

I expect that'll be the big new Sonic Team game.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh my god, I may have felt indifferent to the gameplay, but that beautiful game intro man...

I can't put into words just how fucking gorgeous that animation was. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, does Sega not even own a sound mixer?  Jun Sunoue is anamazing guitarist, but his guitar is drowning out EVERYTHING

Sonic Mania is great. I bet there's more though. So happy to see SEGA embracing Sonic's past. I hope Mania is a large game, lots of zones.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love what they've shown of the game. I'm really jealous of the people who get to play it now! Day 1 buy from me

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Wait that  wasn't the Sonic Team game just designed within the Christian's engine? 

1 minute ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Sonic Mania is great. I bet there's more though. So happy to see SEGA embracing Sonic's past. I hope Mania is a large game, lots of zones.

I'm guessing 8 zones 3 acts at most.

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Because while Classic sonic is full of nostalgia, it's not what we expected. The last 15 years we've had major games. SA1, SA2, SH, S06, SUHD, Generations.....ya know the big stuff that made a difference. Sonic Mania is while a nice potential addition, not what we (modern sonic) fans wanted out of the FUTURE of Sonic. Probably another sonic game I'll skip.

1 minute ago, Invictus Ordo said:

Wait that  wasn't the Sonic Team game just designed within the Christian's engine? 

No, they said they approached the developer of the game to make it (already forgotten their name but ehh it's late I'm sure someone else remembers).

Just now, Eternal EX said:

Because while Classic sonic is full of nostalgia, it's not what we expected. The last 15 years we've had major games. SA1, SA2, SH, S06, SUHD, Generations.....ya know the big stuff that made a difference. Sonic Mania is while a nice potential addition, not what we (modern sonic) fans wanted out of the FUTURE of Sonic. Probably another sonic game I'll skip.

Okay sure you don't like this, that's fine, but it's irrelevant, I'm saying, this isn't the only thing they have to reveal. There's some other big reveal coming near the end of the event, which I'm guessing is the big new main series game. No reason for people to start acting slighted just because classic fans got thrown a genuine bone for once.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, BLUzCLUz said:

Sonic Mania? Well, that was a little anticlimactic...

The event isn't over. They called this a "passion project."

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Okay sure you don't like this, that's fine, but it's irrelevant, I'm saying, this isn't the only thing they have to reveal. There's some other big reveal coming near the end of the event, which I'm guessing is the big new main series game. No reason for people to start acting slighted just because classic fans got thrown a genuine bone for once.

Or it could be just a reveal for a potential movie..... I don't know.

Can someone please properly mix this crap. My ears are crying of pain.

Just now, Eternal EX said:

I don't know.

And that's the key. Let's not act like modern Sonic is dead just because they haven't announced a game just yet.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's definitely looking good, I have to say that it'll be interesting to play.

Also, can this stream not cut out with the good songs every five seconds? Glad the buzzing's stopped.

I'm welling up, such good news, Taxman in charge of a classic style title. Sega have been listening after all. The animation was brilliant. The title screen looked brilliant.

On a side note I'm hoping this means Tax's remasters of Sonic 1, 2 and CD make it to the newer consoles now too. Complete the classic anthology (not including Sonic 4..this is the new Sonic 4 as far as I'm concerned).

• Thumbs Up 2

The reaction to Sonic Mania demonstrates two things:

1) Misinformation spreads way too fast.

2) Fans, non-fans, and journalists say SEGA should "go back to the classics". They do this in the best possible way. And then all of these people who clamoured for Classic Sonic are saying "this is all we get, a smaller indie game?" all of a sudden. And these are the SAME people who complain about games like Unleashed for adding elements to make the game longer and more content heavy.

Sonic just can't win. People are truly never satisfied.

Mania looks so hype. As far as Classic Sonic goes, it's my dream game, Tee Lopes composing and all.

• Thumbs Up 7